• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Buccaneers-Cowboys Leans
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Movies & Television

    Movies you saw for the 1st time...Sept 2008

    12 Next Last»
    NJDevils
    Chevyguy24
    georugby
    FancyClown
    PeterGrifin1Fan
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 752
    Posts: 35
    12 Next Last»
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Sep. 2, 2008 - 10:31 PM ET #1

    It will be tough to fit in movies around watching football nonstop every weekend but there are some alleged good ones on the pay channels this month
     
    We Own the Night is on this week ,
    next week is Michael CLayton and No Country for Old Men ( im very interested to see this one)
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    It will be tough to fit in movies around watching football nonstop every weekend but there are some alleged good ones on the pay channels this month
     
    We Own the Night is on this week ,
    next week is Michael CLayton and No Country for Old Men ( im very interested to see this one)
     
    Chevyguy24
    Chevyguy24
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2004
    Posts: 7165
    Posted: Sep. 2, 2008 - 10:46 PM ET #2

    true that, football and the closing of regular season baseball
    Reply
    true that, football and the closing of regular season baseball
     
    georugby
    georugby
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 2210
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2008 - 2:01 PM ET #3

    I rented "Funny games U.S."
     
    ....disturbing for one part, makes you think about the situation if it was you in it......
     
    ..but totally crappy for the camera looking and all the related stuff.....  Made it to the end just to know what happen to Naomie...
     
    5 out of 10.....
     
    Reply
    I rented "Funny games U.S."
     
    ....disturbing for one part, makes you think about the situation if it was you in it......
     
    ..but totally crappy for the camera looking and all the related stuff.....  Made it to the end just to know what happen to Naomie...
     
    5 out of 10.....
     
     
    FancyClown
    FancyClown
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2008
    Posts: 1952
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2008 - 3:23 PM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by georugby:

    I rented "Funny games U.S."
     

    I have'nt seen the U.S version yet but the original totally rocks!
    Talking about Haneke i watched Benny's Video a couple of days ago. Like Funny Games this is also a disturbing movie where you as a viewer is presented to a pretty much unsolvable dilemma revolving child murders child. It also handles the possible dehumanizing effects of media. Great movie!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by georugby:

    I rented "Funny games U.S."
     

    I have'nt seen the U.S version yet but the original totally rocks!
    Talking about Haneke i watched Benny's Video a couple of days ago. Like Funny Games this is also a disturbing movie where you as a viewer is presented to a pretty much unsolvable dilemma revolving child murders child. It also handles the possible dehumanizing effects of media. Great movie!
     
    PeterGrifin1Fan
    PeterGrifin1Fan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 469
    Posted: Sep. 4, 2008 - 1:57 PM ET #5

    Mr. Woodcock...more like Mr. WasteofMyGoddamnTime.  Really really really bad and not funny.

    The Machine Girl...over-the-top Japanese gorefest about a young girl who's arm is cut off and is ultimately outfitted with a machine gun arm to get back at the guys who killed her brother and took her arm.  Eh, kinda fun because the gore is so over-the-top. 

    The Last Winter...A cheap knockoff of The Thing about an oil drilling team in the arctic circle that slowly goes crazy.  This movie SUCKED!  When I got to the end, I was like "What the F was that?"  Bad acting, bad writing, and the end is just stupid.

    Persepolis- INCREDIBLE MOVIE!  Nominated for best animated film last year.  It's about a girl growing up in Iran during the late 70's and 80's.  The animation is very simple (B&W the whole movie) but really captures this girl's story.  But don't let that fool you.  The story is very powerful and shows a side to Iran that I had no idea about.  It's subtitled as the main language is French.  HIGHLY RECOMMEND THOUGH!

    Going to be watching Inglorious Bastards, Rocket Science and Doomsday soon.  I'll be back to tell you how they are. 

    Reply

    Mr. Woodcock...more like Mr. WasteofMyGoddamnTime.  Really really really bad and not funny.

    The Machine Girl...over-the-top Japanese gorefest about a young girl who's arm is cut off and is ultimately outfitted with a machine gun arm to get back at the guys who killed her brother and took her arm.  Eh, kinda fun because the gore is so over-the-top. 

    The Last Winter...A cheap knockoff of The Thing about an oil drilling team in the arctic circle that slowly goes crazy.  This movie SUCKED!  When I got to the end, I was like "What the F was that?"  Bad acting, bad writing, and the end is just stupid.

    Persepolis- INCREDIBLE MOVIE!  Nominated for best animated film last year.  It's about a girl growing up in Iran during the late 70's and 80's.  The animation is very simple (B&W the whole movie) but really captures this girl's story.  But don't let that fool you.  The story is very powerful and shows a side to Iran that I had no idea about.  It's subtitled as the main language is French.  HIGHLY RECOMMEND THOUGH!

    Going to be watching Inglorious Bastards, Rocket Science and Doomsday soon.  I'll be back to tell you how they are. 

     
    Chevyguy24
    Chevyguy24
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2004
    Posts: 7165
    Posted: Sep. 5, 2008 - 4:43 PM ET #6

    What happens in Vegas- It was alright, quite a few funny parts,overall not a complete waste of my time but not own-able in my opinion.
    Reply
    What happens in Vegas- It was alright, quite a few funny parts,overall not a complete waste of my time but not own-able in my opinion.
     
    PeterGrifin1Fan
    PeterGrifin1Fan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 469
    Posted: Sep. 5, 2008 - 5:06 PM ET #7

    Talk To Me...This is an interesting film that I really hadn't heard much about but turned out to be very good.  It stars Don Cheadle as radio DJ Petey Greene who became extremely popular in Washington DC during the Civil Rights Movement.  He was also an activist for African-Americans and also became a somewhat successful comedian.  Cheadle makes this movie as his performance is very good as the alcoholic Petey Greene but it also delves into the progression of radio as a medium and how powerful it can become as a voice to a city or group of people. I would definitely recommend this.
    Reply
    Talk To Me...This is an interesting film that I really hadn't heard much about but turned out to be very good.  It stars Don Cheadle as radio DJ Petey Greene who became extremely popular in Washington DC during the Civil Rights Movement.  He was also an activist for African-Americans and also became a somewhat successful comedian.  Cheadle makes this movie as his performance is very good as the alcoholic Petey Greene but it also delves into the progression of radio as a medium and how powerful it can become as a voice to a city or group of people. I would definitely recommend this.
     
    AJPierzynski
    AJPierzynski
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 14936
    Posted: Sep. 5, 2008 - 5:27 PM ET #8

    Donnie Darko
     
    It was ok, from what I heard I thought it would be better. Jake Gylennhal is a schyzophrenic teenager who commits crimes after an imaginary giant rabbit tells him to do so.
    Reply
    Donnie Darko
     
    It was ok, from what I heard I thought it would be better. Jake Gylennhal is a schyzophrenic teenager who commits crimes after an imaginary giant rabbit tells him to do so.
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Sep. 5, 2008 - 5:34 PM ET #9

    The only thing I ever liked Jake Gyllenhal in was Octber Sky which was a very good movie
    Reply
    The only thing I ever liked Jake Gyllenhal in was Octber Sky which was a very good movie
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Sep. 5, 2008 - 11:07 PM ET #10

    The Darjeeling Limited  (the 1st half hour)  could not take anymore.

    What is the deal with these unfunny comedies that always star Jason Schwartzman and or Bill Murray? (Rushmore was good) Steve Zizzou sucked , this sucked,  That Huckabee crap stunk. Comedies are supposed to be funny.

     

    Reply

    The Darjeeling Limited  (the 1st half hour)  could not take anymore.

    What is the deal with these unfunny comedies that always star Jason Schwartzman and or Bill Murray? (Rushmore was good) Steve Zizzou sucked , this sucked,  That Huckabee crap stunk. Comedies are supposed to be funny.

     

     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2008 - 11:01 PM ET #11

    Nick of Time...older movie Johnny Depp has 90 minutes (real time) to kill someone or they kill his daughter. Christopher Walken is the bad guy. It was okay. good suspense. Pulled of the real time thing about 10,000 times better than 24 does it.
     
     
    Death Sentence... holy crap was this movie awful. Kevin Bacon out for revenge.... just awful!!! SPOILERS because i need to complain. how the hell do the killers not empty their guns into the family?
     
     
     
     
    Reply
    Nick of Time...older movie Johnny Depp has 90 minutes (real time) to kill someone or they kill his daughter. Christopher Walken is the bad guy. It was okay. good suspense. Pulled of the real time thing about 10,000 times better than 24 does it.
     
     
    Death Sentence... holy crap was this movie awful. Kevin Bacon out for revenge.... just awful!!! SPOILERS because i need to complain. how the hell do the killers not empty their guns into the family?
     
     
     
     
     
    PeterGrifin1Fan
    PeterGrifin1Fan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 469
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2008 - 11:10 AM ET #12

    Rocket Science- Cute and funny film about a young boy with a stuttering problem who is convinced by a girl to try out for the high school debate team.  I believe it premiered at Sundance a year or two ago but it's very funny.  There were a couple times where I was in tears at how helpless this boy was.  Highly recommend!
    Reply
    Rocket Science- Cute and funny film about a young boy with a stuttering problem who is convinced by a girl to try out for the high school debate team.  I believe it premiered at Sundance a year or two ago but it's very funny.  There were a couple times where I was in tears at how helpless this boy was.  Highly recommend!
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Sep. 11, 2008 - 6:26 PM ET #13

    Bottle Rocket- another Wes Anderson thriller . Actually I kind of liked this one. Luke and Owen Wilson as small time crooks who think they are big time. Had some funny moments.
     
    25th Hour Ed Norton is a guy that is going away to jail tomorrow and this is his last night of freedom. Good cast , Brian Cox, Rosario Dawson , PS Hoffman, Barry Pepper. Spike Lee directed it.  I really liked this movie. More of a character study and with good actors it worked. I would recommend this one
    Reply
    Bottle Rocket- another Wes Anderson thriller . Actually I kind of liked this one. Luke and Owen Wilson as small time crooks who think they are big time. Had some funny moments.
     
    25th Hour Ed Norton is a guy that is going away to jail tomorrow and this is his last night of freedom. Good cast , Brian Cox, Rosario Dawson , PS Hoffman, Barry Pepper. Spike Lee directed it.  I really liked this movie. More of a character study and with good actors it worked. I would recommend this one
     
    -Clutch
    -Clutch
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 6180
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2008 - 11:17 AM ET #14

    Garden State - A strange love story. Zack Braff is an over-medicated, aspiring actor, who returns to New Jersey after a long absence for his mother's funeral. While home he meets Natalie Portman who is an irresistible compulsive liar. Sparks fly while they confront their own fears and shortcomings. I thought it was pretty good.
     
    Reply
    Garden State - A strange love story. Zack Braff is an over-medicated, aspiring actor, who returns to New Jersey after a long absence for his mother's funeral. While home he meets Natalie Portman who is an irresistible compulsive liar. Sparks fly while they confront their own fears and shortcomings. I thought it was pretty good.
     
     
    PeterGrifin1Fan
    PeterGrifin1Fan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 469
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2008 - 5:09 PM ET #15

    Doomsday- Really freaking bad!  I'm a huge Neil Marshall fan after The Descent and Dog Soldiers but this movie was downright horrible.  The acting, writing, special effects, action, were all bad.  He was an extremely promising director when he made two very good, low budget horror movies but with a large budget, it's like he didn't even try.  Too many quick cuts during action, bad soundtrack, etc.  It was all there and it was all bad!  I hope Neil can get back to his low-budget roots and make some good horror movies in the future.  DO NOT WATCH THIS!
    Reply
    Doomsday- Really freaking bad!  I'm a huge Neil Marshall fan after The Descent and Dog Soldiers but this movie was downright horrible.  The acting, writing, special effects, action, were all bad.  He was an extremely promising director when he made two very good, low budget horror movies but with a large budget, it's like he didn't even try.  Too many quick cuts during action, bad soundtrack, etc.  It was all there and it was all bad!  I hope Neil can get back to his low-budget roots and make some good horror movies in the future.  DO NOT WATCH THIS!
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2008 - 7:31 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by -Clutch:

    Garden State - A strange love story. Zack Braff is an over-medicated, aspiring actor, who returns to New Jersey after a long absence for his mother's funeral. While home he meets Natalie Portman who is an irresistible compulsive liar. Sparks fly while they confront their own fears and shortcomings. I thought it was pretty good.
     

     

    I HATED that movie.

    Wanna watch a good movie about a depressed guy watch Lonesome Jim with Casey Affleck

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by -Clutch:

    Garden State - A strange love story. Zack Braff is an over-medicated, aspiring actor, who returns to New Jersey after a long absence for his mother's funeral. While home he meets Natalie Portman who is an irresistible compulsive liar. Sparks fly while they confront their own fears and shortcomings. I thought it was pretty good.
     

     

    I HATED that movie.

    Wanna watch a good movie about a depressed guy watch Lonesome Jim with Casey Affleck

     
    -Clutch
    -Clutch
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 6180
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2008 - 9:52 PM ET #17

    Seen it. I thought it was pretty good too. Darker than Garden State though.
    Reply
    Seen it. I thought it was pretty good too. Darker than Garden State though.
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2008 - 11:51 PM ET #18

    I used to get Generals season tix for nothing back in the day (i was 12) and I never went to a game for some odd reason. It was wierd we would always go to Yankees games and Mets games and Devils games, so its not like we never went to sporting events but we never went to a game.
    Reply
    I used to get Generals season tix for nothing back in the day (i was 12) and I never went to a game for some odd reason. It was wierd we would always go to Yankees games and Mets games and Devils games, so its not like we never went to sporting events but we never went to a game.
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2008 - 7:53 PM ET #19

    No Country For Old Men- good movie until in my opinion it completely unraveled at the end. Tommie Lee Jones character sucked and then he was in most of the ending when you had the other 2 guys as the main part of the movie. Best picture? eh it was okay 7 out of 10
     
    Michael Clayton SUCKED. SPOILERS There was no reason to care for the plot or any of the characters. Just not a good drama. There was no drama. A guy that you dont even know goes nuts in a deposition and Clayton has to fix everything... big deal who gives a crap? Overrated as all hell.
    Reply
    No Country For Old Men- good movie until in my opinion it completely unraveled at the end. Tommie Lee Jones character sucked and then he was in most of the ending when you had the other 2 guys as the main part of the movie. Best picture? eh it was okay 7 out of 10
     
    Michael Clayton SUCKED. SPOILERS There was no reason to care for the plot or any of the characters. Just not a good drama. There was no drama. A guy that you dont even know goes nuts in a deposition and Clayton has to fix everything... big deal who gives a crap? Overrated as all hell.
     
    -Clutch
    -Clutch
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 6180
    Posted: Sep. 22, 2008 - 8:37 AM ET #20

    NJDevils - I vaguely remember going to one Generals game. I believe it was against the Tampa Bay Bandits.

    Broken Flowers - A Jim Jarmusch film starring Bill Murray who gets an anonymous letter saying he has an adolescent son he never knew about. He then goes about locating his exes to see if he can figure out who sent the letter. If you like your movies/stories wrapped up in neat little packages leaving you without questions then this is not the film for you.

    Funny Games - Tim Roth and Naomi Watts arrive at their vacation house with their son only to be terrorized by two young men. Dark and disturbing. This movie left me feeling uncomfortable.

    Reply

    NJDevils - I vaguely remember going to one Generals game. I believe it was against the Tampa Bay Bandits.

    Broken Flowers - A Jim Jarmusch film starring Bill Murray who gets an anonymous letter saying he has an adolescent son he never knew about. He then goes about locating his exes to see if he can figure out who sent the letter. If you like your movies/stories wrapped up in neat little packages leaving you without questions then this is not the film for you.

    Funny Games - Tim Roth and Naomi Watts arrive at their vacation house with their son only to be terrorized by two young men. Dark and disturbing. This movie left me feeling uncomfortable.

     
    AJPierzynski
    AJPierzynski
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 14936
    Posted: Sep. 22, 2008 - 11:05 AM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by -Clutch:

    Broken Flowers - A Jim Jarmusch film starring Bill Murray who gets an anonymous letter saying he has an adolescent son he never knew about. He then goes about locating his exes to see if he can figure out who sent the letter. If you like your movies/stories wrapped up in neat little packages leaving you without questions then this is not the film for you.

    Its been a while since I saw this movie so I hardly remember what happened, but I do remember this had the absolute worst ending to a movie I have ever seen. It wasnt great to begin with but you continue to watch some movies for the ending and this was one of them, but there basically was no ending in this movie. Literally nothing happened at the end, it just ended if I am remembering correctly. Nothing was solved, no questions were answered, it was the equvilant (sp?) to hitting the stop button on the remote at any random point in the movie and calling that point the ending.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by -Clutch:

    Broken Flowers - A Jim Jarmusch film starring Bill Murray who gets an anonymous letter saying he has an adolescent son he never knew about. He then goes about locating his exes to see if he can figure out who sent the letter. If you like your movies/stories wrapped up in neat little packages leaving you without questions then this is not the film for you.

    Its been a while since I saw this movie so I hardly remember what happened, but I do remember this had the absolute worst ending to a movie I have ever seen. It wasnt great to begin with but you continue to watch some movies for the ending and this was one of them, but there basically was no ending in this movie. Literally nothing happened at the end, it just ended if I am remembering correctly. Nothing was solved, no questions were answered, it was the equvilant (sp?) to hitting the stop button on the remote at any random point in the movie and calling that point the ending.

     
    AJPierzynski
    AJPierzynski
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 14936
    Posted: Sep. 22, 2008 - 11:11 AM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by NJDevils:

    The only thing I ever liked Jake Gyllenhal in was Octber Sky which was a very good movie

    I dont think I have ever seen Gyllenhal in anything before I saw Donnie Darko, Gyllenhal was always one of those guys I didnt like even though I had no reasons not to like him. I just always assumed he was a terrible actor. After seeing him in this movie, my opinion has changed on him. I thoiught he was really good in this even though the movie wasnt great itself. I couldnt name you another Gyllenhal movie besides D Darko, Brokeback Mountain, and the one you named above but I wouldnt be opposed to giving another one if his movies a chance.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by NJDevils:

    The only thing I ever liked Jake Gyllenhal in was Octber Sky which was a very good movie

    I dont think I have ever seen Gyllenhal in anything before I saw Donnie Darko, Gyllenhal was always one of those guys I didnt like even though I had no reasons not to like him. I just always assumed he was a terrible actor. After seeing him in this movie, my opinion has changed on him. I thoiught he was really good in this even though the movie wasnt great itself. I couldnt name you another Gyllenhal movie besides D Darko, Brokeback Mountain, and the one you named above but I wouldnt be opposed to giving another one if his movies a chance.

     
    nuggetsfan
    nuggetsfan
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 4375
    Posted: Sep. 22, 2008 - 11:20 AM ET #23

    Goodfellas - I know I'm pretty late on this one but I finally sat down and watched it. Great/Classic movie
    Reply
    Goodfellas - I know I'm pretty late on this one but I finally sat down and watched it. Great/Classic movie
     
    NJDevils
    NJDevils
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 33122
    Posted: Sep. 22, 2008 - 7:06 PM ET #24

    Babel...
     
    1st off , how about we hire an editor and cut the scens a bit...f'n dragged on forever. then 1 of the "storylines" had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the thread of the movie. started off okay then i was just bored as hell. i watched most of it on FF and then when i saw the subtitles appear id slow it to regular and read em then back to the FF button
     
    not good.
    Reply
    Babel...
     
    1st off , how about we hire an editor and cut the scens a bit...f'n dragged on forever. then 1 of the "storylines" had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the thread of the movie. started off okay then i was just bored as hell. i watched most of it on FF and then when i saw the subtitles appear id slow it to regular and read em then back to the FF button
     
    not good.
     
     
    BennyTheJet
    BennyTheJet
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 2812
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2008 - 5:43 PM ET #25

    Street Kings. Came into this movie not expecting much and I was very entertained.
    Reply
    Street Kings. Came into this movie not expecting much and I was very entertained.
    All Forums | Movies & Television
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Monday 10/05/2026 693
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,275
    • PART DEUX 184
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,721
    • Falcons vs Saints in-game live MNF 1,774
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,804
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,655
    • ***Macwesties * Mon. Oct. 05, 2026 * Week #4 * MNF * NFL Football Play*** 3,112
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,601
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 17,711

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.