Now, we get to the real fun stuff: Welterweight title showdown between
Tyron Woodley and Demian Maia. Woodley looking to prove himself. Maia
looking for gold in possibly his final shot at it.
Now, we get to the real fun stuff: Welterweight title showdown between
Tyron Woodley and Demian Maia. Woodley looking to prove himself. Maia
looking for gold in possibly his final shot at it.
Let's not forget that Maia last fought on May 13. While he certainly
earned this welterweight title shot, the UFC did him no favors by such a
short turnaround.
Let's not forget that Maia last fought on May 13. While he certainly
earned this welterweight title shot, the UFC did him no favors by such a
short turnaround.
R1: Maia now 0-for-5 in takedown attempts as Woodley continues to stand strong.R1: Maia now 0-for-5 in takedown attempts as Woodley continues to stand strong.
R1: Maia now 0-for-5 in takedown attempts as Woodley continues to stand strong.R1: Maia now 0-for-5 in takedown attempts as Woodley continues to stand strong.
Maia's corner: "He's trying to catch you coming in. When he explodes you
need to come at him straight. Go for the single and try to get his hip
under control. He's going to get tired."
Maia's corner: "He's trying to catch you coming in. When he explodes you
need to come at him straight. Go for the single and try to get his hip
under control. He's going to get tired."
R3: Crowd beginning to boo. Woodley landing just enough punches to make
Maia stop attacking him but the champ hasn't returned to an aggressive
posture yet.
R3: Crowd beginning to boo. Woodley landing just enough punches to make
Maia stop attacking him but the champ hasn't returned to an aggressive
posture yet.
R3: Maia bleeding from the bridge of his nose. Give Woodley another
round of stuffing takedowns and mixing in right hands. It's far from
exciting but it's effective and it's what you need to do in order to
keep Maia in check.
R3: Maia bleeding from the bridge of his nose. Give Woodley another
round of stuffing takedowns and mixing in right hands. It's far from
exciting but it's effective and it's what you need to do in order to
keep Maia in check.
This fight is a joke. Maia can't do anything on the feet, so he goes for these half-arsed single-legs, against a guy that has the best take down defense in the division, in history! You have to exchange to set up take downs. No sweat. I'm pulling for Woodley. Didn't bet it though. Pulling as a fan.
R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
This fight is a joke. Maia can't do anything on the feet, so he goes for these half-arsed single-legs, against a guy that has the best take down defense in the division, in history! You have to exchange to set up take downs. No sweat. I'm pulling for Woodley. Didn't bet it though. Pulling as a fan.
Woodley: "He cut off the ring very well. I knew he was going for the
takedown and obviously, if I throw a crazy hooking shot -- which I did a
couple of times -- he can get underneath. So I had to be patient and
saw my shots. He's a long guy and a little bit stronger than I expected.
He hit me with a couple of left hands so kudos to him. I'm the best in
the world. I fought two specialists, back to back, so I'm excited to
fight a freestyle fighter and take on Georges St-Pierre on Nov. 4 in
Madison Square Garden."
Woodley: "He cut off the ring very well. I knew he was going for the
takedown and obviously, if I throw a crazy hooking shot -- which I did a
couple of times -- he can get underneath. So I had to be patient and
saw my shots. He's a long guy and a little bit stronger than I expected.
He hit me with a couple of left hands so kudos to him. I'm the best in
the world. I fought two specialists, back to back, so I'm excited to
fight a freestyle fighter and take on Georges St-Pierre on Nov. 4 in
Madison Square Garden."