Because people are buying into the hype and Conor keeps getting bet. If the money comes in on Jose, he'll end up as the favorite. I personally think it's going to be a great and competitive fight and I haven't decided who to back.
Because people are buying into the hype and Conor keeps getting bet. If the money comes in on Jose, he'll end up as the favorite. I personally think it's going to be a great and competitive fight and I haven't decided who to back.
Mendez looked about even with Aldo in their 2nd fight,but I'm still on Scarface for small play.
Mendes looked pretty good against Mcgregor and the quick stoppage was a little suspicous. Aldo is going to keep the distance with leg kicks and take down mcgregor with ease. If this fight goes past the second round mcgregor has no shot.
Quote Originally Posted by warcameagle56:
Mendez looked about even with Aldo in their 2nd fight,but I'm still on Scarface for small play.
Mendes looked pretty good against Mcgregor and the quick stoppage was a little suspicous. Aldo is going to keep the distance with leg kicks and take down mcgregor with ease. If this fight goes past the second round mcgregor has no shot.
i personally think aldo wins, i like mcgregor but Mendes would have won with ease had he not gassed out, MENDES won the first round and was winning the 2nd round while he was gasping for air after one minute. style matchups do make fights though so mcgregor has a chance
i personally think aldo wins, i like mcgregor but Mendes would have won with ease had he not gassed out, MENDES won the first round and was winning the 2nd round while he was gasping for air after one minute. style matchups do make fights though so mcgregor has a chance
Anyone else concerned that Jose has been on the juice? Haven't several of his defenses taken place in Brazil? I'm not for sure, but if he has been juicing and he comes off, it will certainly affect his performance. Based simply on how they have performed in the octagon, it doesn't make sense to me either how Connor is favored. I think it should be a close line, with Jose slightly favored. If it all takes place on the feet, it could be Aldo's leg kicks as the difference maker again as Connor has the reach advantage.
Anyone else concerned that Jose has been on the juice? Haven't several of his defenses taken place in Brazil? I'm not for sure, but if he has been juicing and he comes off, it will certainly affect his performance. Based simply on how they have performed in the octagon, it doesn't make sense to me either how Connor is favored. I think it should be a close line, with Jose slightly favored. If it all takes place on the feet, it could be Aldo's leg kicks as the difference maker again as Connor has the reach advantage.
Anyone else concerned that Jose has been on the juice? Haven't several of his defenses taken place in Brazil? I'm not for sure, but if he has been juicing and he comes off, it will certainly affect his performance. Based simply on how they have performed in the octagon, it doesn't make sense to me either how Connor is favored. I think it should be a close line, with Jose slightly favored. If it all takes place on the feet, it could be Aldo's leg kicks as the difference maker again as Connor has the reach advantage.
the weird thing is before the first time they were supposed to fight aldo was favored at like -145 and then after the injury and a unimpressive victory over mendes its now mcgregor -150? WHat has changed? Aldo is still only 29 and hasnt lost in a long time. I know its a fight and anything can happen but i just think aldo outclasses him here.
Quote Originally Posted by ParlayJoe17:
Anyone else concerned that Jose has been on the juice? Haven't several of his defenses taken place in Brazil? I'm not for sure, but if he has been juicing and he comes off, it will certainly affect his performance. Based simply on how they have performed in the octagon, it doesn't make sense to me either how Connor is favored. I think it should be a close line, with Jose slightly favored. If it all takes place on the feet, it could be Aldo's leg kicks as the difference maker again as Connor has the reach advantage.
the weird thing is before the first time they were supposed to fight aldo was favored at like -145 and then after the injury and a unimpressive victory over mendes its now mcgregor -150? WHat has changed? Aldo is still only 29 and hasnt lost in a long time. I know its a fight and anything can happen but i just think aldo outclasses him here.
I've read a lot of comments about this fight and I can't believe how many people think that Aldo is scared of McGregor. A guy who lived in the favelas of Rio and is unbeaten since 2005. Scared of some Irish prick with fancy suits. lol
I've read a lot of comments about this fight and I can't believe how many people think that Aldo is scared of McGregor. A guy who lived in the favelas of Rio and is unbeaten since 2005. Scared of some Irish prick with fancy suits. lol
I think if Aldo is 100% fit, he'll win. In fact Conor McGregor is good for him. Conor probably made Aldo question himself again. A fight like this is the kinda extra motivation he needed after all these years of being the seemingly invincible champ.
I think if Aldo is 100% fit, he'll win. In fact Conor McGregor is good for him. Conor probably made Aldo question himself again. A fight like this is the kinda extra motivation he needed after all these years of being the seemingly invincible champ.
I think if Aldo is 100% fit, he'll win. In fact Conor McGregor is good for him. Conor probably made Aldo question himself again. A fight like this is the kinda extra motivation he needed after all these years of being the seemingly invincible champ.
Yea especially since he continues to disrespect him.
Quote Originally Posted by ih8nits:
I think if Aldo is 100% fit, he'll win. In fact Conor McGregor is good for him. Conor probably made Aldo question himself again. A fight like this is the kinda extra motivation he needed after all these years of being the seemingly invincible champ.
Yea especially since he continues to disrespect him.
just rewatched mcgregor vs mendes and a few things stand out
1. Mcgregor comes out very agressive and seems to wear himself by the second round
2. Mendes took him down at will and when he had him down he did a lot of damage with elbows. He had mcgregors eye split open
3. Mcgregor keeps his hands down all fight and dares mendes to hit him you would think he wouldnt do this against aldo but the guy is crazy so who knows.
4. Mcgregor had a 8 inch reach advantage in this fight and still mendes was able to get inside and hit him alot.
I just see too many advantages for aldo in their upcoming fight. The only way mcgregor wins is if he catches him early but with a 4 inch reach disadvantage in this fight aldo will stay patient and pepper him with leg kicks. If this gets passed the second round mcgregor will be finished and aldo will coast to a unanamious decision win.
just rewatched mcgregor vs mendes and a few things stand out
1. Mcgregor comes out very agressive and seems to wear himself by the second round
2. Mendes took him down at will and when he had him down he did a lot of damage with elbows. He had mcgregors eye split open
3. Mcgregor keeps his hands down all fight and dares mendes to hit him you would think he wouldnt do this against aldo but the guy is crazy so who knows.
4. Mcgregor had a 8 inch reach advantage in this fight and still mendes was able to get inside and hit him alot.
I just see too many advantages for aldo in their upcoming fight. The only way mcgregor wins is if he catches him early but with a 4 inch reach disadvantage in this fight aldo will stay patient and pepper him with leg kicks. If this gets passed the second round mcgregor will be finished and aldo will coast to a unanamious decision win.
Conor had a knee injury prior to the Mendes fight, he literaly couldnt have any wrestling training, so becareful when you try to pick apart that fight for info.
This fight comes down to Aldo, if he wants to stand there & strike then I think Conor will win this fight. He is a dynamic fighter that Aldo has never seen anything alike, variety in kicks, constantly changing levels & angles with punches...
It will become interesting if Aldo tries to take him down, expose his weakness and keep it there. I just think Aldo is too stubborn and he has been spoiled far too long by facing fighters whom he is superior to in striking....just might cost him.
Conor had a knee injury prior to the Mendes fight, he literaly couldnt have any wrestling training, so becareful when you try to pick apart that fight for info.
This fight comes down to Aldo, if he wants to stand there & strike then I think Conor will win this fight. He is a dynamic fighter that Aldo has never seen anything alike, variety in kicks, constantly changing levels & angles with punches...
It will become interesting if Aldo tries to take him down, expose his weakness and keep it there. I just think Aldo is too stubborn and he has been spoiled far too long by facing fighters whom he is superior to in striking....just might cost him.
Conor had a knee injury prior to the Mendes fight, he literaly couldnt have any wrestling training, so becareful when you try to pick apart that fight for info.
This fight comes down to Aldo, if he wants to stand there & strike then I think Conor will win this fight. He is a dynamic fighter that Aldo has never seen anything alike, variety in kicks, constantly changing levels & angles with punches...
It will become interesting if Aldo tries to take him down, expose his weakness and keep it there. I just think Aldo is too stubborn and he has been spoiled far too long by facing fighters whom he is superior to in striking....just might cost him.
don't you think if aldo keeps it standing he will just abuse him with leg kicks?? Mcgregor comes out and just goes for it all if this fight gets to the 3rd round McGregor is done. Aldo has been in many 5 round wars and McGregor is the one who has never faced a fighter of aldos caliber. Aldo by unanimous decision.
Quote Originally Posted by bhawksfan:
Conor had a knee injury prior to the Mendes fight, he literaly couldnt have any wrestling training, so becareful when you try to pick apart that fight for info.
This fight comes down to Aldo, if he wants to stand there & strike then I think Conor will win this fight. He is a dynamic fighter that Aldo has never seen anything alike, variety in kicks, constantly changing levels & angles with punches...
It will become interesting if Aldo tries to take him down, expose his weakness and keep it there. I just think Aldo is too stubborn and he has been spoiled far too long by facing fighters whom he is superior to in striking....just might cost him.
don't you think if aldo keeps it standing he will just abuse him with leg kicks?? Mcgregor comes out and just goes for it all if this fight gets to the 3rd round McGregor is done. Aldo has been in many 5 round wars and McGregor is the one who has never faced a fighter of aldos caliber. Aldo by unanimous decision.
don't you think if aldo keeps it standing he will just abuse him with leg kicks?? Mcgregor comes out and just goes for it all if this fight gets to the 3rd round McGregor is done. Aldo has been in many 5 round wars and McGregor is the one who has never faced a fighter of aldos caliber. Aldo by unanimous decision.
No because no one has ever faced Aldo who can kick better than him, Conor is gonna hit him with back kicks and roundhouses, either Aldo gets worn down with the pain of these shots or he has to mainted this distance so he wont be able to get his leg kicks.
I think you are underestimating Conors standup, he made Mendes look like a chump, Aldo couldnt do that in in his fight against Chad.
Regardless I wont discourage you from betting Aldo, there is good value there, as long as you are not betting large. BOL
Quote Originally Posted by forty9ersfan80:
don't you think if aldo keeps it standing he will just abuse him with leg kicks?? Mcgregor comes out and just goes for it all if this fight gets to the 3rd round McGregor is done. Aldo has been in many 5 round wars and McGregor is the one who has never faced a fighter of aldos caliber. Aldo by unanimous decision.
No because no one has ever faced Aldo who can kick better than him, Conor is gonna hit him with back kicks and roundhouses, either Aldo gets worn down with the pain of these shots or he has to mainted this distance so he wont be able to get his leg kicks.
I think you are underestimating Conors standup, he made Mendes look like a chump, Aldo couldnt do that in in his fight against Chad.
Regardless I wont discourage you from betting Aldo, there is good value there, as long as you are not betting large. BOL
No because no one has ever faced Aldo who can kick better than him, Conor is gonna hit him with back kicks and roundhouses, either Aldo gets worn down with the pain of these shots or he has to mainted this distance so he wont be able to get his leg kicks.
I think you are underestimating Conors standup, he made Mendes look like a chump, Aldo couldnt do that in in his fight against Chad.
Regardless I wont discourage you from betting Aldo, there is good value there, as long as you are not betting large. BOL
I hear ya but I think aldo outclasses him in every aspect here. Yes I know McGregor has good standup and at times he was dominating mendes on his feet but mendes also took that fight with 2 weeks notice and he still took McGregor down at will. In my opinion that stoppage was a bit premature and I would argue at that point mendes up on the scorecards and McGregor was gassed badly. I already have aldo large and ill probably put more on him. Mcgegor is so overhyped.
Quote Originally Posted by bhawksfan:
No because no one has ever faced Aldo who can kick better than him, Conor is gonna hit him with back kicks and roundhouses, either Aldo gets worn down with the pain of these shots or he has to mainted this distance so he wont be able to get his leg kicks.
I think you are underestimating Conors standup, he made Mendes look like a chump, Aldo couldnt do that in in his fight against Chad.
Regardless I wont discourage you from betting Aldo, there is good value there, as long as you are not betting large. BOL
I hear ya but I think aldo outclasses him in every aspect here. Yes I know McGregor has good standup and at times he was dominating mendes on his feet but mendes also took that fight with 2 weeks notice and he still took McGregor down at will. In my opinion that stoppage was a bit premature and I would argue at that point mendes up on the scorecards and McGregor was gassed badly. I already have aldo large and ill probably put more on him. Mcgegor is so overhyped.
No because no one has ever faced Aldo who can kick better than him, Conor is gonna hit him with back kicks and roundhouses, either Aldo gets worn down with the pain of these shots or he has to mainted this distance so he wont be able to get his leg kicks.
I think you are underestimating Conors standup, he made Mendes look like a chump, Aldo couldnt do that in in his fight against Chad.
Regardless I wont discourage you from betting Aldo, there is good value there, as long as you are not betting large. BOL
You just cant strike with this guy.
Quote Originally Posted by bhawksfan:
No because no one has ever faced Aldo who can kick better than him, Conor is gonna hit him with back kicks and roundhouses, either Aldo gets worn down with the pain of these shots or he has to mainted this distance so he wont be able to get his leg kicks.
I think you are underestimating Conors standup, he made Mendes look like a chump, Aldo couldnt do that in in his fight against Chad.
Regardless I wont discourage you from betting Aldo, there is good value there, as long as you are not betting large. BOL