• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    WAR HUNT(+165)

    12 Next Last»
    Ferrari29
    sawman
    ParlayJoe17
    Blacktiger
    MoneyShot
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 925
    Posts: 27
    12 Next Last»
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Apr. 28, 2015 - 7:00 PM ET #1

    Anybody else like this line??? Got a full camp under his belt. Got his personal stuff taking care of. Fighting close to home. Stripe just coming off a five round war!!! If Hunt knocks him down he won't be afraid of going to the ground to finish him unlike Werdum. I don't think Stripe can take him down either, unless it's in the later rounds. What says you???
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Anybody else like this line??? Got a full camp under his belt. Got his personal stuff taking care of. Fighting close to home. Stripe just coming off a five round war!!! If Hunt knocks him down he won't be afraid of going to the ground to finish him unlike Werdum. I don't think Stripe can take him down either, unless it's in the later rounds. What says you???
     
    sawman
    sawman
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 5100
    Posted: Apr. 28, 2015 - 7:28 PM ET #2

    I like miocics speed to keep away from the bombs. One of the fastest HWs vs one of the slowest. Of course Hunt can KO anyone with one tap
    Reply
    I like miocics speed to keep away from the bombs. One of the fastest HWs vs one of the slowest. Of course Hunt can KO anyone with one tap
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Apr. 28, 2015 - 8:00 PM ET #3

    No argument for me on that point Sawman. Sooner or later Stripe will get hit, we will see in about two weeks how he reacts!!!
    Reply
    No argument for me on that point Sawman. Sooner or later Stripe will get hit, we will see in about two weeks how he reacts!!!
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Apr. 28, 2015 - 8:02 PM ET #4

    I'm a homer Sawman, so I haven't done my full detail of the fight, just striking conversion.
    Reply
    I'm a homer Sawman, so I haven't done my full detail of the fight, just striking conversion.
     
    ParlayJoe17
    ParlayJoe17
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 272
    Posted: Apr. 29, 2015 - 1:10 AM ET #5

    I've already put some in on Stipe.  Just think he can avoid the big one (he did with JDS and Roy).  He really has shown a solid chin.  The only real reason he lost to Struve was bc he gassed and was a sitting duck.  I think Hunt will gas first, but lord knows Hunt has surprised me before.
    Reply
    I've already put some in on Stipe.  Just think he can avoid the big one (he did with JDS and Roy).  He really has shown a solid chin.  The only real reason he lost to Struve was bc he gassed and was a sitting duck.  I think Hunt will gas first, but lord knows Hunt has surprised me before.
     
    Blacktiger
    Blacktiger
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 487
    Posted: May. 1, 2015 - 12:33 AM ET #6

    I definitely favor Miocic here. However with Hunts power and a line like that, I ca t argue a play on Hunt. I think the odds are probably spot on for this one. BOL
    Reply
    I definitely favor Miocic here. However with Hunts power and a line like that, I ca t argue a play on Hunt. I think the odds are probably spot on for this one. BOL
     
    MoneyShot
    MoneyShot
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 18451
    Posted: May. 4, 2015 - 12:34 PM ET #7

    im favoring miocic to win but hes too favored for me to bet. Ill be laying off this fight.
    Reply
    im favoring miocic to win but hes too favored for me to bet. Ill be laying off this fight.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: May. 4, 2015 - 6:27 PM ET #8

    Hunt plus 180 now!!! I guess I'll sit and wait on this line.
    Reply
    Hunt plus 180 now!!! I guess I'll sit and wait on this line.
     
    Coreyccr
    Coreyccr
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 378
    Posted: May. 5, 2015 - 2:07 PM ET #9

    i just don't see hunt winning this fight and i doubt it will see the dec
    Reply
    i just don't see hunt winning this fight and i doubt it will see the dec
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: May. 5, 2015 - 3:07 PM ET #10

    I figured I'd be the only guy betting Hunt, same way when he fought Nelson, so we will see!!!
    Reply
    I figured I'd be the only guy betting Hunt, same way when he fought Nelson, so we will see!!!
     
    ctm1985
    ctm1985
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 1878
    Posted: May. 6, 2015 - 5:53 PM ET #11

    I think Miocic is worth playing.  The closest guy to Hunt that he's fought, stylistically, was Nelson and that was one of his most impressive performances.  Totally cruised.  Hunt has a couple more weapons than Roy but still, I'm thinking Miocic's chin, movement, reach and speed will be too much.  And he's been doing a great job of seeing the punches coming and rolling with them.
    Reply
    I think Miocic is worth playing.  The closest guy to Hunt that he's fought, stylistically, was Nelson and that was one of his most impressive performances.  Totally cruised.  Hunt has a couple more weapons than Roy but still, I'm thinking Miocic's chin, movement, reach and speed will be too much.  And he's been doing a great job of seeing the punches coming and rolling with them.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: May. 6, 2015 - 8:29 PM ET #12

    Hey CTM, do you think the casual gambler is looking at the both fought JDS with different outcomes, without digging deeper??? Both fought Struve too with different outcomes as well, but I know Stripe has improved since then!!!
    Reply
    Hey CTM, do you think the casual gambler is looking at the both fought JDS with different outcomes, without digging deeper??? Both fought Struve too with different outcomes as well, but I know Stripe has improved since then!!!
     
    Qncyk1
    Qncyk1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 1239
    Posted: May. 7, 2015 - 12:57 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by ctm1985:

    I think Miocic is worth playing.  The closest guy to Hunt that he's fought, stylistically, was Nelson and that was one of his most impressive performances.  Totally cruised.  Hunt has a couple more weapons than Roy but still, I'm thinking Miocic's chin, movement, reach and speed will be too much.  And he's been doing a great job of seeing the punches coming and rolling with them.

    hunt has ko power in both hands and nelson does not. much easier to avoid one hand than two.

    nelsons left is simply a range finder and he really only has the overhand right.

     hunts left hook, right uppercut and over hand right can all end the fight
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ctm1985:

    I think Miocic is worth playing.  The closest guy to Hunt that he's fought, stylistically, was Nelson and that was one of his most impressive performances.  Totally cruised.  Hunt has a couple more weapons than Roy but still, I'm thinking Miocic's chin, movement, reach and speed will be too much.  And he's been doing a great job of seeing the punches coming and rolling with them.

    hunt has ko power in both hands and nelson does not. much easier to avoid one hand than two.

    nelsons left is simply a range finder and he really only has the overhand right.

     hunts left hook, right uppercut and over hand right can all end the fight
     
    MoneyShot
    MoneyShot
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 18451
    Posted: May. 7, 2015 - 2:22 PM ET #14

    i had money on miocic vs nelson, that was easy money.  This fight harder to predict and miocic is a decent size fav here
    Reply
    i had money on miocic vs nelson, that was easy money.  This fight harder to predict and miocic is a decent size fav here
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: May. 7, 2015 - 3:35 PM ET #15

    All great points, should be interesting how Stripe manages this fight. BTW I do like Stripe as a fighter, I think his ranking is correct and if either of these guys fight JDS again, I'll have no problem backing either guy. IMO JDS is damaged goods!!!
    Reply
    All great points, should be interesting how Stripe manages this fight. BTW I do like Stripe as a fighter, I think his ranking is correct and if either of these guys fight JDS again, I'll have no problem backing either guy. IMO JDS is damaged goods!!!
     
    ctm1985
    ctm1985
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 1878
    Posted: May. 8, 2015 - 3:03 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Qncyk1:


    hunt has ko power in both hands and nelson does not. much easier to avoid one hand than two.

    nelsons left is simply a range finder and he really only has the overhand right.

     hunts left hook, right uppercut and over hand right can all end the fight

    His walk-off KO's are pretty cool but he hasn't knocked someone out clean in years.  I know it's a very unpopular opinion but I think Hunt's KO power is a bit overrated.  I like Hunt as a fighter and like betting on him, I actually planned on betting him again until watching the tape, but I think Miocic has too many advantages. I think Miocic rd 3 TKO.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Qncyk1:


    hunt has ko power in both hands and nelson does not. much easier to avoid one hand than two.

    nelsons left is simply a range finder and he really only has the overhand right.

     hunts left hook, right uppercut and over hand right can all end the fight

    His walk-off KO's are pretty cool but he hasn't knocked someone out clean in years.  I know it's a very unpopular opinion but I think Hunt's KO power is a bit overrated.  I like Hunt as a fighter and like betting on him, I actually planned on betting him again until watching the tape, but I think Miocic has too many advantages. I think Miocic rd 3 TKO.
     
    ctm1985
    ctm1985
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 1878
    Posted: May. 8, 2015 - 3:14 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Hey CTM, do you think the casual gambler is looking at the both fought JDS with different outcomes, without digging deeper??? Both fought Struve too with different outcomes as well, but I know Stripe has improved since then!!!

    Regarding the Junior fights - I think Hunt got completely outclassed by what looked like a very sharp, prime JDS.  Stipe had a real war with a slightly declined JDS and lost a tight decision.  I think Miocic has more going for him, and almost a 10 year age difference here..
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Hey CTM, do you think the casual gambler is looking at the both fought JDS with different outcomes, without digging deeper??? Both fought Struve too with different outcomes as well, but I know Stripe has improved since then!!!

    Regarding the Junior fights - I think Hunt got completely outclassed by what looked like a very sharp, prime JDS.  Stipe had a real war with a slightly declined JDS and lost a tight decision.  I think Miocic has more going for him, and almost a 10 year age difference here..
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: May. 8, 2015 - 4:12 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by ctm1985:


    His walk-off KO's are pretty cool but he hasn't knocked someone out clean in years.  I know it's a very unpopular opinion but I think Hunt's KO power is a bit overrated.  I like Hunt as a fighter and like betting on him, I actually planned on betting him again until watching the tape, but I think Miocic has too many advantages. I think Miocic rd 3 TKO.


    Nelson was less than a year ago. Struve was just over 2 years ago. Dropped Werdum at least twice in the first round too. I agree father time is creeping up on him.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ctm1985:


    His walk-off KO's are pretty cool but he hasn't knocked someone out clean in years.  I know it's a very unpopular opinion but I think Hunt's KO power is a bit overrated.  I like Hunt as a fighter and like betting on him, I actually planned on betting him again until watching the tape, but I think Miocic has too many advantages. I think Miocic rd 3 TKO.


    Nelson was less than a year ago. Struve was just over 2 years ago. Dropped Werdum at least twice in the first round too. I agree father time is creeping up on him.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: May. 8, 2015 - 4:18 AM ET #19

    The big issue is Cain has been out forever, Werdum is clearly the 2nd best now. JDS looks shot, Stripe has a outside shot at the belt. Hunt is at the moment the 5th best HW with a barely .500 record. Now maybe Duffee can jump into the mix soon and vault past a bunch of average HW!!!!!!!!
    Reply
    The big issue is Cain has been out forever, Werdum is clearly the 2nd best now. JDS looks shot, Stripe has a outside shot at the belt. Hunt is at the moment the 5th best HW with a barely .500 record. Now maybe Duffee can jump into the mix soon and vault past a bunch of average HW!!!!!!!!
     
    Qncyk1
    Qncyk1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 1239
    Posted: May. 8, 2015 - 10:04 AM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by ctm1985:


    His walk-off KO's are pretty cool but he hasn't knocked someone out clean in years.  I know it's a very unpopular opinion but I think Hunt's KO power is a bit overrated.  I like Hunt as a fighter and like betting on him, I actually planned on betting him again until watching the tape, but I think Miocic has too many advantages. I think Miocic rd 3 TKO.


    i think the kos of both nelson(uppercut) and struve(left hook) were pretty decisive. i thought he got robbed against big foot as well when the ref for some unknown reason stepped in to save silva when it looked as if he was about to get kod. 

    i agree miocic has more tools because of his wrestling. in stand-up i actually favor hunt who i believe has the better chin and the better power.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ctm1985:


    His walk-off KO's are pretty cool but he hasn't knocked someone out clean in years.  I know it's a very unpopular opinion but I think Hunt's KO power is a bit overrated.  I like Hunt as a fighter and like betting on him, I actually planned on betting him again until watching the tape, but I think Miocic has too many advantages. I think Miocic rd 3 TKO.


    i think the kos of both nelson(uppercut) and struve(left hook) were pretty decisive. i thought he got robbed against big foot as well when the ref for some unknown reason stepped in to save silva when it looked as if he was about to get kod. 

    i agree miocic has more tools because of his wrestling. in stand-up i actually favor hunt who i believe has the better chin and the better power.
     
    ctm1985
    ctm1985
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 1878
    Posted: May. 8, 2015 - 12:10 PM ET #21

    Lol yeah I'm not sure what I was thinking last night, Nelson and Struve were indeed decisive KO's.  I guess I was just saying that considering Bigfoot and Struve's chins it's weird that he wasn't able to actually put either guy out.  Struve was totally gassed and it was basically about whether or not Hunt could land one hard clean punch.  And I'd agree that Hunt has more power than Miocic but I think Miocic has the better chin.
    Reply
    Lol yeah I'm not sure what I was thinking last night, Nelson and Struve were indeed decisive KO's.  I guess I was just saying that considering Bigfoot and Struve's chins it's weird that he wasn't able to actually put either guy out.  Struve was totally gassed and it was basically about whether or not Hunt could land one hard clean punch.  And I'd agree that Hunt has more power than Miocic but I think Miocic has the better chin.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: May. 8, 2015 - 7:45 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by ctm1985:

    Lol yeah I'm not sure what I was thinking last night, Nelson and Struve were indeed decisive KO's.  I guess I was just saying that considering Bigfoot and Struve's chins it's weird that he wasn't able to actually put either guy out.  Struve was totally gassed and it was basically about whether or not Hunt could land one hard clean punch.  And I'd agree that Hunt has more power than Miocic but I think Miocic has the better chin.


    It's ok CTM I'll let you be wrong once, ONCE!!!!!!!!! after that I'll have to charge you, lol. I think in the Silva fight it was all about TRT and with Struve I think it was hard for Hunt to jump up and hit him on the jaw, lol. Either way this fight could be another instant classic!!!!!!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ctm1985:

    Lol yeah I'm not sure what I was thinking last night, Nelson and Struve were indeed decisive KO's.  I guess I was just saying that considering Bigfoot and Struve's chins it's weird that he wasn't able to actually put either guy out.  Struve was totally gassed and it was basically about whether or not Hunt could land one hard clean punch.  And I'd agree that Hunt has more power than Miocic but I think Miocic has the better chin.


    It's ok CTM I'll let you be wrong once, ONCE!!!!!!!!! after that I'll have to charge you, lol. I think in the Silva fight it was all about TRT and with Struve I think it was hard for Hunt to jump up and hit him on the jaw, lol. Either way this fight could be another instant classic!!!!!!!!
     
    str8edgejedi
    str8edgejedi
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 328
    Posted: May. 8, 2015 - 8:37 PM ET #23

    Hunt has underrated TDD.. Miocic may be faster, but would you trust a guy to be able to stand and bang with Hunt for 5 rounds.. I also think Hunt has better head movement then Miocic, which should help him set up some nice counters.. I'll gladly take Hunt at almost 2-1..
    Reply
    Hunt has underrated TDD.. Miocic may be faster, but would you trust a guy to be able to stand and bang with Hunt for 5 rounds.. I also think Hunt has better head movement then Miocic, which should help him set up some nice counters.. I'll gladly take Hunt at almost 2-1..
     
    str8edgejedi
    str8edgejedi
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 328
    Posted: May. 9, 2015 - 1:19 PM ET #24

    I guess the real question is, will Hunt's cardio hold up for 5 rounds..
    Reply
    I guess the real question is, will Hunt's cardio hold up for 5 rounds..
     
     
    MoneyShot
    MoneyShot
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 18451
    Posted: May. 9, 2015 - 3:24 PM ET #25

    good points... call me crazy but at 4-1 there might be some value on werdum with this massive layoff by cain. Both guys are on big layoffs but how sharp will cain be?  werdum might be worth a couple bucks.
    Reply
    good points... call me crazy but at 4-1 there might be some value on werdum with this massive layoff by cain. Both guys are on big layoffs but how sharp will cain be?  werdum might be worth a couple bucks.
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,273
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,453
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,634
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,190
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 118
    • Trump's legacy? 32,958
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,120
    • Trump lies so much. 22,898

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.