• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    UFC on Fox 23 Money Makers

    J-MoneyMaker
    mdelvalle
    Hawky
    alangrrbs
    911TruthNow
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1005
    Posts: 9
     
    J-MoneyMaker
    J-MoneyMaker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2017 - 6:50 AM ET #1

    UFC on Fox 23

    5 Unit Plays (Max Plays)
    F. N'Gannou + Shevchenko/Pena Over 1 Round (-220)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rounds + F. N'Gannou + Shevchenko/Pena Over 1 Round (-145)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rounds + F. N'Gannou (-200)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rounds + Sterling/Assuncao Over 1 Round + F. N'Gannou (-130)

    3 Unit Plays
    De Lima/Kimball Under 2 Rounds + Shevchenko/Pena Over 1 Round (-165)
    N'Gannou Wins Inside the Distance + Cerrone/Masvidal Over 1 Round (-150)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rounds + N'Gannou Wins Inside the Distance (-110)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rds + Sterling/Assuncao Over 1 Rd Arlovski/N'Gannou Under 3 Rds (-180)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 2 Rounds + Sterling/Assuncao Over 1 Round (-165)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 2 Rounds + Knight/Caceres Over 1 Round (-150)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 2 Rounds + Shevchenko/Pena Over 1 Round (-165)

    *Plays are on a scale of 1-5 units


    2017 Record: 1-4 (-16.35 units)


    Lots of tricky fights on this card in my opinion. I like a lot of various totals and will be using some of those props as parlay pieces across the event. N'Gannou is about the only fight I actually feel confident in. I also like the de Lima/Kimball fight to finish inside the distance, as well as Sterling/Assuncao & Shevchenko/Pena to get out of the 1st round. Some books may not allow you make some of these parlays, but they are all available props on 5Dimes. Good luck if you tail anything.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    UFC on Fox 23

    5 Unit Plays (Max Plays)
    F. N'Gannou + Shevchenko/Pena Over 1 Round (-220)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rounds + F. N'Gannou + Shevchenko/Pena Over 1 Round (-145)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rounds + F. N'Gannou (-200)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rounds + Sterling/Assuncao Over 1 Round + F. N'Gannou (-130)

    3 Unit Plays
    De Lima/Kimball Under 2 Rounds + Shevchenko/Pena Over 1 Round (-165)
    N'Gannou Wins Inside the Distance + Cerrone/Masvidal Over 1 Round (-150)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rounds + N'Gannou Wins Inside the Distance (-110)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rds + Sterling/Assuncao Over 1 Rd Arlovski/N'Gannou Under 3 Rds (-180)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 2 Rounds + Sterling/Assuncao Over 1 Round (-165)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 2 Rounds + Knight/Caceres Over 1 Round (-150)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 2 Rounds + Shevchenko/Pena Over 1 Round (-165)

    *Plays are on a scale of 1-5 units


    2017 Record: 1-4 (-16.35 units)


    Lots of tricky fights on this card in my opinion. I like a lot of various totals and will be using some of those props as parlay pieces across the event. N'Gannou is about the only fight I actually feel confident in. I also like the de Lima/Kimball fight to finish inside the distance, as well as Sterling/Assuncao & Shevchenko/Pena to get out of the 1st round. Some books may not allow you make some of these parlays, but they are all available props on 5Dimes. Good luck if you tail anything.

     
    J-MoneyMaker
    J-MoneyMaker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2017 - 6:51 AM ET #2

    Here are some quick thoughts on each of the fights from my perspective:


    Shevchenko/Pena: Your typical striker vs. grappler matchup here. Shevchenko is much better on the feet and Pena will obviously be looking to close the distance and get the fight to the ground. Shevchenko should be able to keep Pena at range and pick her apart. If Pena does get inside, Shevchenko has a strong clinch game and will make her work for it. I see Shevchenko keeping the distance for most of the fight and scoring points on the feet en route to a decision victory.

    Recommended Play: May be worthy of a small play on Shevchenko but I'm staying away from betting either side

    Cerrone/Masvidal: The "People's Main Event" in my opinion. AWESOME matchup here and a close one to call. Welterweight Cowboy has been on a hell of a roll lately, so it's hard to pick against him. Masvidal is solid but tends to be stagnant at times, which always seems to lead him to a split decision result. I think Cerrone utilizes that kicking game and outworks Masvidal on the score cards. Masvidal is one tough dude, though, so I don't think we'll see a finish.

    Recommended Play: Small play on Cowboy perhaps, but I'd rather bet the over, if anything

    N'Gannou/Arlovski: This seems like the type of fight that gives the up & coming N'Gannou a decent "name" to put on his W list. N'Gannou's chin is still untested and we really haven't seen him have to defend on the ground. However, Arlovski seems to be fading and that chin isn't what it used to be. N'Gannou is far from a lock here, but he likely gets the win here more of than not.

    Recommended Play: I'm using N'Gannou in several parlays, including him to win inside the distance

    Knight/Caceres: Close fight but Knight is scrappy and throws more volume. Caceres is flashy and pushes a good pace, but I feel like he doesn't always do enough to win rounds. Short notice, elevation, and cardio may play an issue in this fight, so it's also tough to back Knight. This one likely goes the distance.

    Recommended Play: I don't really like either side from a betting perspective. I think this one hits the judges' score cards and we may even see a split decision. I'd rather play the over if I had to.

    Alvey/Marquardt: This could be a quick finish or turn into 15 minutes of staring. Alvey's southpaw stance and the power in the right hand is something that has plagued Marquardt in the past. However, Alvey doesn't like to lead the dance, so he could wind up just waiting to counter the whole time and we get a snooze fest. I can never get a read on Marquardt. One fight, he looks completely shot and done, then the next fight he looks decent again. I'd stay away from this one.

    Recommended Play: Stay the hell away

    Assuncao/Sterling: The old version of Assuncao likely beats Sterling, but he's older now and Sterling is in his physical prime and improving each fight. Sterling is still pretty green on the feet, so I think this all comes down to how much improvement he's made in his standup since the Caraway fight. If he's improved a good amount, I think he wins a decision here. If he's still the same, Assuncao has the advantage and Sterling probably loses a decision. Either way, I think this one goes the distance.

    Recommended Play: Sterling or Pass. I would rather play the over.

    Jingliang/Nash: Jingliang is the better striker and throws more volume but Nash is likely the better wrestler. Nash is making his UFC debut and I just don't know enough about him to make a confident pick here.

    Recommended Play: Either a small play on Jingliang or pass altogether

    Johnson/da Silva: da Silva looked horrendous in his last fight. i think Johnson could end up doing the same thing to him again in this fight. da Silva is still dangerous early on, so it's another tough fight to call.

    Recommended Play: Too many unknowns with Johnson making his debut and da Silva looking bad in his last fight. Pass

    Spicely/Di Chirico: Spicely.....this mofo single handedly killed my night last year when he shocked and defeated Thiago Santos in what was supposed to be a squash match. To be honest, I don't really know how to read this fight. Spicely is sneaky on the ground, but he also isn't very athletic and quits at the first sign of adversity. Di Chirico didn't impress me in his last outing either. I'm going to stay the hell away.

    Recommended Play: Pass

    de Lima/Kimball: This one probably doesn't last long and is one of my main plays on the card to not go the distance. de Lima probably gets a 1st round finish, but if he doesn't, look for Kimball to take him out soon after.

    Recommended Play: Forget picking a side and just take any/all plays associated with the "under," including the under 1.5 rounds

    Shelton/Pantoja: Who knows?

    Recommended Play: From what I've seen, Shelton will be the better fighter down the road but Pantoja is probably the better fighter at the moment. It's a dog or pass situation in my eyes. Too many unknowns to make a confident bet here.

    Cottrell/Gonzalez: Who??

    Recommended Play: Crack open a few beers and get comfy for the rest of the card
    Reply
    Here are some quick thoughts on each of the fights from my perspective:


    Shevchenko/Pena: Your typical striker vs. grappler matchup here. Shevchenko is much better on the feet and Pena will obviously be looking to close the distance and get the fight to the ground. Shevchenko should be able to keep Pena at range and pick her apart. If Pena does get inside, Shevchenko has a strong clinch game and will make her work for it. I see Shevchenko keeping the distance for most of the fight and scoring points on the feet en route to a decision victory.

    Recommended Play: May be worthy of a small play on Shevchenko but I'm staying away from betting either side

    Cerrone/Masvidal: The "People's Main Event" in my opinion. AWESOME matchup here and a close one to call. Welterweight Cowboy has been on a hell of a roll lately, so it's hard to pick against him. Masvidal is solid but tends to be stagnant at times, which always seems to lead him to a split decision result. I think Cerrone utilizes that kicking game and outworks Masvidal on the score cards. Masvidal is one tough dude, though, so I don't think we'll see a finish.

    Recommended Play: Small play on Cowboy perhaps, but I'd rather bet the over, if anything

    N'Gannou/Arlovski: This seems like the type of fight that gives the up & coming N'Gannou a decent "name" to put on his W list. N'Gannou's chin is still untested and we really haven't seen him have to defend on the ground. However, Arlovski seems to be fading and that chin isn't what it used to be. N'Gannou is far from a lock here, but he likely gets the win here more of than not.

    Recommended Play: I'm using N'Gannou in several parlays, including him to win inside the distance

    Knight/Caceres: Close fight but Knight is scrappy and throws more volume. Caceres is flashy and pushes a good pace, but I feel like he doesn't always do enough to win rounds. Short notice, elevation, and cardio may play an issue in this fight, so it's also tough to back Knight. This one likely goes the distance.

    Recommended Play: I don't really like either side from a betting perspective. I think this one hits the judges' score cards and we may even see a split decision. I'd rather play the over if I had to.

    Alvey/Marquardt: This could be a quick finish or turn into 15 minutes of staring. Alvey's southpaw stance and the power in the right hand is something that has plagued Marquardt in the past. However, Alvey doesn't like to lead the dance, so he could wind up just waiting to counter the whole time and we get a snooze fest. I can never get a read on Marquardt. One fight, he looks completely shot and done, then the next fight he looks decent again. I'd stay away from this one.

    Recommended Play: Stay the hell away

    Assuncao/Sterling: The old version of Assuncao likely beats Sterling, but he's older now and Sterling is in his physical prime and improving each fight. Sterling is still pretty green on the feet, so I think this all comes down to how much improvement he's made in his standup since the Caraway fight. If he's improved a good amount, I think he wins a decision here. If he's still the same, Assuncao has the advantage and Sterling probably loses a decision. Either way, I think this one goes the distance.

    Recommended Play: Sterling or Pass. I would rather play the over.

    Jingliang/Nash: Jingliang is the better striker and throws more volume but Nash is likely the better wrestler. Nash is making his UFC debut and I just don't know enough about him to make a confident pick here.

    Recommended Play: Either a small play on Jingliang or pass altogether

    Johnson/da Silva: da Silva looked horrendous in his last fight. i think Johnson could end up doing the same thing to him again in this fight. da Silva is still dangerous early on, so it's another tough fight to call.

    Recommended Play: Too many unknowns with Johnson making his debut and da Silva looking bad in his last fight. Pass

    Spicely/Di Chirico: Spicely.....this mofo single handedly killed my night last year when he shocked and defeated Thiago Santos in what was supposed to be a squash match. To be honest, I don't really know how to read this fight. Spicely is sneaky on the ground, but he also isn't very athletic and quits at the first sign of adversity. Di Chirico didn't impress me in his last outing either. I'm going to stay the hell away.

    Recommended Play: Pass

    de Lima/Kimball: This one probably doesn't last long and is one of my main plays on the card to not go the distance. de Lima probably gets a 1st round finish, but if he doesn't, look for Kimball to take him out soon after.

    Recommended Play: Forget picking a side and just take any/all plays associated with the "under," including the under 1.5 rounds

    Shelton/Pantoja: Who knows?

    Recommended Play: From what I've seen, Shelton will be the better fighter down the road but Pantoja is probably the better fighter at the moment. It's a dog or pass situation in my eyes. Too many unknowns to make a confident bet here.

    Cottrell/Gonzalez: Who??

    Recommended Play: Crack open a few beers and get comfy for the rest of the card
     
    mdelvalle
    mdelvalle
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 4312
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2017 - 3:34 PM ET #3

    Great info BOL 
    MDV
    Reply
    Great info BOL 
     
    J-MoneyMaker
    J-MoneyMaker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2017 - 10:14 PM ET #4

    UFC on Fox 23

    5 Unit Plays (Max Plays)
    F. N'Gannou + Shevchenko/Pena Over 1 Round (-220)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rounds + F. N'Gannou + Shevchenko/Pena Over 1 Round (-145)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rounds + F. N'Gannou (-200)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rounds + Sterling/Assuncao Over 1 Round  + F. N'Gannou (-130)

    3 Unit Plays
    De Lima/Kimball Under 2 Rounds + Shevchenko/Pena Over 1 Round (-165)
    N'Gannou Wins Inside the Distance + Cerrone/Masvidal Over 1 Round (-150)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rounds + N'Gannou Wins Inside the Distance (-110)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rds + Sterling/Assuncao Over 1 Rd Arlovski/N'Gannou Under 3 Rds (-180)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 2 Rounds + Sterling/Assuncao Over 1 Round (-165)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 2 Rounds + Knight/Caceres Over 1 Round (-150)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 2 Rounds + Shevchenko/Pena Over 1 Round (-165)

    *Plays are on a scale of 1-5 units


    Event Record: 11-0 (+41 units)
    2017 Record: 12-4 (+24.65 units)


    Recap:
    Well, I can't say I could have imagined a better bounce-back night from last night than that. As I figured, many of the fights were too close to call, so I took advantage of a lot of totals/round props. N'Gannou was my most confident side and he didn't disappoint. What a freak that guy is. Could be looking at at future HW champ if he continues to learn and evolve. Obviously Arlovski was just another stepping stone for him and he has a ways to go, but he sure does possess all the physical tools to be successful.

    Outside of that, there really isn't much more to say. All of the other fights that I bet on played out closely to how I had envisioned them, with most of them not even being a sweat. I will admit I got lucky with the Cowboy/Masvidal fight getting to the 2nd round. I don't know what the hell Herb Dean was doing there, but I think he let the pressure of the fight being in Cerrone's backyard cloud his judgement. Masvidal had him out. Lord knows I've been on the wrong side of those situations before, though, so I'll take it. See you guys next week!
    Reply
    UFC on Fox 23

    5 Unit Plays (Max Plays)
    F. N'Gannou + Shevchenko/Pena Over 1 Round (-220)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rounds + F. N'Gannou + Shevchenko/Pena Over 1 Round (-145)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rounds + F. N'Gannou (-200)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rounds + Sterling/Assuncao Over 1 Round  + F. N'Gannou (-130)

    3 Unit Plays
    De Lima/Kimball Under 2 Rounds + Shevchenko/Pena Over 1 Round (-165)
    N'Gannou Wins Inside the Distance + Cerrone/Masvidal Over 1 Round (-150)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rounds + N'Gannou Wins Inside the Distance (-110)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 3 Rds + Sterling/Assuncao Over 1 Rd Arlovski/N'Gannou Under 3 Rds (-180)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 2 Rounds + Sterling/Assuncao Over 1 Round (-165)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 2 Rounds + Knight/Caceres Over 1 Round (-150)
    De Lima/Kimball Under 2 Rounds + Shevchenko/Pena Over 1 Round (-165)

    *Plays are on a scale of 1-5 units


    Event Record: 11-0 (+41 units)
    2017 Record: 12-4 (+24.65 units)


    Recap:
    Well, I can't say I could have imagined a better bounce-back night from last night than that. As I figured, many of the fights were too close to call, so I took advantage of a lot of totals/round props. N'Gannou was my most confident side and he didn't disappoint. What a freak that guy is. Could be looking at at future HW champ if he continues to learn and evolve. Obviously Arlovski was just another stepping stone for him and he has a ways to go, but he sure does possess all the physical tools to be successful.

    Outside of that, there really isn't much more to say. All of the other fights that I bet on played out closely to how I had envisioned them, with most of them not even being a sweat. I will admit I got lucky with the Cowboy/Masvidal fight getting to the 2nd round. I don't know what the hell Herb Dean was doing there, but I think he let the pressure of the fight being in Cerrone's backyard cloud his judgement. Masvidal had him out. Lord knows I've been on the wrong side of those situations before, though, so I'll take it. See you guys next week!
     
    Hawky
    Hawky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2014
    Posts: 3439
    Posted: Jan. 28, 2017 - 11:39 PM ET #5

    beauty
    Reply
    beauty
     
    J-MoneyMaker
    J-MoneyMaker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2017 - 6:22 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawky:

    beauty


    Thanks, it's always fun to have nights like that and I try to enjoy them while they last because the next event could be the complete opposite lol
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawky:

    beauty


    Thanks, it's always fun to have nights like that and I try to enjoy them while they last because the next event could be the complete opposite lol
     
    alangrrbs
    alangrrbs
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 4739
    Posted: Jan. 29, 2017 - 9:41 PM ET #7

    Holy Hell, dude.  I don't think I've ever seen an 11-0 night in MMA.  Incredible.  Remember this night forever, and go have a bada$$ dinner to celebrate this week.  
    Reply
    Holy Hell, dude.  I don't think I've ever seen an 11-0 night in MMA.  Incredible.  Remember this night forever, and go have a bada$$ dinner to celebrate this week.  
     
    911TruthNow
    911TruthNow
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 957
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2017 - 9:32 PM ET #8



    Good picks and nice angle with selecting probable fight lengths

    Reply


    Good picks and nice angle with selecting probable fight lengths

     
     
    J-MoneyMaker
    J-MoneyMaker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Jan. 30, 2017 - 9:44 PM ET #9

    Thanks for the kind words guys, I appreciate it. I'll admit, it wasn't necessarily the method of betting that I would have preferred to use, but I went with the path that looked the most profitable. It was definitely weird cheering more for fights to end quickly or last a few rounds, instead of just cheering for a specific fighter. I was lucky enough to have it all work out the way it did. Each card is different and you never know what crazy stuff will happen in this sport. It could have easily gone the other way if a few things didn't work out the way I had predicted. I'll take it, though, and move on to the next event, and hope that it's profitable. Good luck to all!
    Reply
    Thanks for the kind words guys, I appreciate it. I'll admit, it wasn't necessarily the method of betting that I would have preferred to use, but I went with the path that looked the most profitable. It was definitely weird cheering more for fights to end quickly or last a few rounds, instead of just cheering for a specific fighter. I was lucky enough to have it all work out the way it did. Each card is different and you never know what crazy stuff will happen in this sport. It could have easily gone the other way if a few things didn't work out the way I had predicted. I'll take it, though, and move on to the next event, and hope that it's profitable. Good luck to all!
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,247
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,230
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 632
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,402
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,508
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,189
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 613
    • Trump's legacy? 32,957
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,097
    • Trump lies so much. 22,892

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.