• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    UFC FN 78

    12 Next Last»
    Ferrari29
    GStarks
    forty9ersfan80
    BMWUFC
    J-MoneyMaker
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1824
    Posts: 30
    12 Next Last»
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2015 - 2:59 PM ET #1

    Events 29-5
    YTD 203-116(+707.17)
    O/U 60-70(+93.09)
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Events 29-5
    YTD 203-116(+707.17)
    O/U 60-70(+93.09)
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2015 - 3:03 PM ET #2

    Very thin card after what we saw this past Saturday. Since I'm 0 for my career in any Magny fights and Gastelum has weight issues, I'll be skipping the main event, maybe should have done that last Saturday too, lol.
    Reply
    Very thin card after what we saw this past Saturday. Since I'm 0 for my career in any Magny fights and Gastelum has weight issues, I'll be skipping the main event, maybe should have done that last Saturday too, lol.
     
    GStarks
    GStarks
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 138
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2015 - 10:59 PM ET #3

    I think Magny might be a decent spot, but I want to see Kelvin on the scale first.  Also, waiting for the line but I think Jorgensen is a good fade.
    Reply
    I think Magny might be a decent spot, but I want to see Kelvin on the scale first.  Also, waiting for the line but I think Jorgensen is a good fade.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2015 - 12:24 AM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by GStarks:

    I think Magny might be a decent spot, but I want to see Kelvin on the scale first.  Also, waiting for the line but I think Jorgensen is a good fade.

    Can't disagree with Jorgensen Starks. Gonna do a bit more research to lock in my plays. I'm still auto fade on Magny!!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GStarks:

    I think Magny might be a decent spot, but I want to see Kelvin on the scale first.  Also, waiting for the line but I think Jorgensen is a good fade.

    Can't disagree with Jorgensen Starks. Gonna do a bit more research to lock in my plays. I'm still auto fade on Magny!!!!
     
    forty9ersfan80
    forty9ersfan80
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 1650
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2015 - 9:03 AM ET #5

    gastelum is not losing to magny.  He will dominate him.
    Reply
    gastelum is not losing to magny.  He will dominate him.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2015 - 7:32 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by GStarks:

    I think Magny might be a decent spot, but I want to see Kelvin on the scale first.  Also, waiting for the line but I think Jorgensen is a good fade.

    Perez plus 135 looks enticing!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GStarks:

    I think Magny might be a decent spot, but I want to see Kelvin on the scale first.  Also, waiting for the line but I think Jorgensen is a good fade.

    Perez plus 135 looks enticing!!!
     
    BMWUFC
    BMWUFC
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 14
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2015 - 2:55 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by forty9ersfan80:

    gastelum is not losing to magny. He will dominate him.


    Couldn't disagree more sir lol would love to hear your voice of reason but for me, I see a 5 round fight at high elevation, Magny who is a cardio machine, Kelvin who has had weight issues and tends to gas fighting 5 rounds at elevation. I see a late submission victory possibly decision by Magny.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by forty9ersfan80:

    gastelum is not losing to magny. He will dominate him.


    Couldn't disagree more sir lol would love to hear your voice of reason but for me, I see a 5 round fight at high elevation, Magny who is a cardio machine, Kelvin who has had weight issues and tends to gas fighting 5 rounds at elevation. I see a late submission victory possibly decision by Magny.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2015 - 8:29 AM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by BMWUFC:



    Couldn't disagree more sir lol would love to hear your voice of reason but for me, I see a 5 round fight at high elevation, Magny who is a cardio machine, Kelvin who has had weight issues and tends to gas fighting 5 rounds at elevation. I see a late submission victory possibly decision by Magny.


    Hence, why I'm skipping this fight!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWUFC:



    Couldn't disagree more sir lol would love to hear your voice of reason but for me, I see a 5 round fight at high elevation, Magny who is a cardio machine, Kelvin who has had weight issues and tends to gas fighting 5 rounds at elevation. I see a late submission victory possibly decision by Magny.


    Hence, why I'm skipping this fight!!!!!!!!!!
     
    BMWUFC
    BMWUFC
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 14
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2015 - 11:43 AM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:



    Hence, why I'm skipping this fight!!!!!!!!!!

    HAHA I don't disagree with you, but +230 return on Magny seems too good to pass on for me! I just have to see the weigh ins before I pull the trigger for sure.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:



    Hence, why I'm skipping this fight!!!!!!!!!!

    HAHA I don't disagree with you, but +230 return on Magny seems too good to pass on for me! I just have to see the weigh ins before I pull the trigger for sure.
     
    forty9ersfan80
    forty9ersfan80
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 1650
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2015 - 3:25 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by BMWUFC:



    Couldn't disagree more sir lol would love to hear your voice of reason but for me, I see a 5 round fight at high elevation, Magny who is a cardio machine, Kelvin who has had weight issues and tends to gas fighting 5 rounds at elevation. I see a late submission victory possibly decision by Magny.


    Gastelum is the better all around fighter he will use his athleticism and wrestling to dominate this fight. Magny is a solid fighter but I just dont feel he is on the same level as Gastelum.  Magny hasnt really beaten anyone while gastelum has done nothing but dominate every opponent he has faced (sans his last fight.)  He was given no chance to beat uriah hill in the tuf finale and he just went out and dominated him. His only loss was against an extremely tough tyrone woodley which was obviously because of coming in overweight. I don't believe this will be an issue for this fight as the ufc has set him up with a nutrionist to ensure that will not happen again. I think some people are using the fact that Gastelum came in over weight in his last fight in addition to the attractive odds magny has when they are picking the fight. Good luck on your bet but i have gastelum as the 5th leg of a 5 team parlay so I'm hoping this goes my way. I think gastelum stops him in the 3rd round.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWUFC:



    Couldn't disagree more sir lol would love to hear your voice of reason but for me, I see a 5 round fight at high elevation, Magny who is a cardio machine, Kelvin who has had weight issues and tends to gas fighting 5 rounds at elevation. I see a late submission victory possibly decision by Magny.


    Gastelum is the better all around fighter he will use his athleticism and wrestling to dominate this fight. Magny is a solid fighter but I just dont feel he is on the same level as Gastelum.  Magny hasnt really beaten anyone while gastelum has done nothing but dominate every opponent he has faced (sans his last fight.)  He was given no chance to beat uriah hill in the tuf finale and he just went out and dominated him. His only loss was against an extremely tough tyrone woodley which was obviously because of coming in overweight. I don't believe this will be an issue for this fight as the ufc has set him up with a nutrionist to ensure that will not happen again. I think some people are using the fact that Gastelum came in over weight in his last fight in addition to the attractive odds magny has when they are picking the fight. Good luck on your bet but i have gastelum as the 5th leg of a 5 team parlay so I'm hoping this goes my way. I think gastelum stops him in the 3rd round.
     
    J-MoneyMaker
    J-MoneyMaker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2015 - 4:57 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by forty9ersfan80:



    Gastelum is the better all around fighter he will use his athleticism and wrestling to dominate this fight. Magny is a solid fighter but I just dont feel he is on the same level as Gastelum.  Magny hasnt really beaten anyone while gastelum has done nothing but dominate every opponent he has faced (sans his last fight.)  He was given no chance to beat uriah hill in the tuf finale and he just went out and dominated him. His only loss was against an extremely tough tyrone woodley which was obviously because of coming in overweight. I don't believe this will be an issue for this fight as the ufc has set him up with a nutrionist to ensure that will not happen again. I think some people are using the fact that Gastelum came in over weight in his last fight in addition to the attractive odds magny has when they are picking the fight. Good luck on your bet but i have gastelum as the 5th leg of a 5 team parlay so I'm hoping this goes my way. I think gastelum stops him in the 3rd round.


    Very well said. I agree with all of it.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by forty9ersfan80:



    Gastelum is the better all around fighter he will use his athleticism and wrestling to dominate this fight. Magny is a solid fighter but I just dont feel he is on the same level as Gastelum.  Magny hasnt really beaten anyone while gastelum has done nothing but dominate every opponent he has faced (sans his last fight.)  He was given no chance to beat uriah hill in the tuf finale and he just went out and dominated him. His only loss was against an extremely tough tyrone woodley which was obviously because of coming in overweight. I don't believe this will be an issue for this fight as the ufc has set him up with a nutrionist to ensure that will not happen again. I think some people are using the fact that Gastelum came in over weight in his last fight in addition to the attractive odds magny has when they are picking the fight. Good luck on your bet but i have gastelum as the 5th leg of a 5 team parlay so I'm hoping this goes my way. I think gastelum stops him in the 3rd round.


    Very well said. I agree with all of it.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2015 - 7:10 PM ET #12

    I can see both points of why either side can bet their guy. Magny has a good gas tank, with reach, and against lesser guys can work some BJJ. Gastelum does a great job of setting up his strikes to work his TD, trys to finish instead of lay and pray. Now lets look at the negatives, Magny is a fringe Top 10 to 15 guy, has been cracked before and his TD defense is ok at best. Gastelum has been spoon fed by Dana so bad that the UFC hired a nutrion guy for him to get to 170. UFC is trying hard for him though, gets a shot at Woodley a top 5 guy, misses weight by 10 lbs, losses even though Woodley breaks his foot. His punishment, go to 185 and fight a used up Marquart, easy winner. His reward another top 5 fight at 170 against Matt Brown. So twice he gets to jump a bunch of guys because he's a TUF champ, big deal.
    Reply
    I can see both points of why either side can bet their guy. Magny has a good gas tank, with reach, and against lesser guys can work some BJJ. Gastelum does a great job of setting up his strikes to work his TD, trys to finish instead of lay and pray. Now lets look at the negatives, Magny is a fringe Top 10 to 15 guy, has been cracked before and his TD defense is ok at best. Gastelum has been spoon fed by Dana so bad that the UFC hired a nutrion guy for him to get to 170. UFC is trying hard for him though, gets a shot at Woodley a top 5 guy, misses weight by 10 lbs, losses even though Woodley breaks his foot. His punishment, go to 185 and fight a used up Marquart, easy winner. His reward another top 5 fight at 170 against Matt Brown. So twice he gets to jump a bunch of guys because he's a TUF champ, big deal.
     
    WalshyMMA
    WalshyMMA
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 111
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2015 - 7:18 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    I can see both points of why either side can bet their guy. Magny has a good gas tank, with reach, and against lesser guys can work some BJJ. Gastelum does a great job of setting up his strikes to work his TD, trys to finish instead of lay and pray. Now lets look at the negatives, Magny is a fringe Top 10 to 15 guy, has been cracked before and his TD defense is ok at best. Gastelum has been spoon fed by Dana so bad that the UFC hired a nutrion guy for him to get to 170. UFC is trying hard for him though, gets a shot at Woodley a top 5 guy, misses weight by 10 lbs, losses even though Woodley breaks his foot. His punishment, go to 185 and fight a used up Marquart, easy winner. His reward another top 5 fight at 170 against Matt Brown. So twice he gets to jump a bunch of guys because he's a TUF champ, big deal.

    Yea I agree Ferarri, I'm not sure what the UFC's main interest is with Kelvin... But he has been hand fed lately hasn't he lol. I also like that Magny was in Marquart's corner when he fought Kelvin and he was helping Brown train for Kelvin so that is another lean for me as well. I think he knew a game plan all along even though he wasn't fighting and that's why he jumped on the fight. I think a win from either guy here breaks them possibly into the top 10 so I guess we have to wait and see the weigh ins! But I miss most likely avoid this one even though the line on Magny seems worth a shot. Looking forward to seeing your plays! Tough break on Ronda Saturday. Still in shock I think haha. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    I can see both points of why either side can bet their guy. Magny has a good gas tank, with reach, and against lesser guys can work some BJJ. Gastelum does a great job of setting up his strikes to work his TD, trys to finish instead of lay and pray. Now lets look at the negatives, Magny is a fringe Top 10 to 15 guy, has been cracked before and his TD defense is ok at best. Gastelum has been spoon fed by Dana so bad that the UFC hired a nutrion guy for him to get to 170. UFC is trying hard for him though, gets a shot at Woodley a top 5 guy, misses weight by 10 lbs, losses even though Woodley breaks his foot. His punishment, go to 185 and fight a used up Marquart, easy winner. His reward another top 5 fight at 170 against Matt Brown. So twice he gets to jump a bunch of guys because he's a TUF champ, big deal.

    Yea I agree Ferarri, I'm not sure what the UFC's main interest is with Kelvin... But he has been hand fed lately hasn't he lol. I also like that Magny was in Marquart's corner when he fought Kelvin and he was helping Brown train for Kelvin so that is another lean for me as well. I think he knew a game plan all along even though he wasn't fighting and that's why he jumped on the fight. I think a win from either guy here breaks them possibly into the top 10 so I guess we have to wait and see the weigh ins! But I miss most likely avoid this one even though the line on Magny seems worth a shot. Looking forward to seeing your plays! Tough break on Ronda Saturday. Still in shock I think haha. 
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2015 - 9:15 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by BMWUFC:


    HAHA I don't disagree with you, but +230 return on Magny seems too good to pass on for me! I just have to see the weigh ins before I pull the trigger for sure.


    Hmmmm, in your post you said you already pulled the trigger on Magny for a few units!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWUFC:


    HAHA I don't disagree with you, but +230 return on Magny seems too good to pass on for me! I just have to see the weigh ins before I pull the trigger for sure.


    Hmmmm, in your post you said you already pulled the trigger on Magny for a few units!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2015 - 9:27 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by WalshyMMA:


    Yea I agree Ferarri, I'm not sure what the UFC's main interest is with Kelvin... But he has been hand fed lately hasn't he lol. I also like that Magny was in Marquart's corner when he fought Kelvin and he was helping Brown train for Kelvin so that is another lean for me as well. I think he knew a game plan all along even though he wasn't fighting and that's why he jumped on the fight. I think a win from either guy here breaks them possibly into the top 10 so I guess we have to wait and see the weigh ins! But I miss most likely avoid this one even though the line on Magny seems worth a shot. Looking forward to seeing your plays! Tough break on Ronda Saturday. Still in shock I think haha. 



    Like I said Walshy, I can see 49er's and BMW's angles. I guess you and I will sit back and see who knows what about UFC!!!!!!!!!!!! In the year and a half I've been posting I've seen the 5* locks, the 80% winners, the guys you post for a few months then disappear, and the guys who only show up for the big events. Only 3 guys remain since I started and they were here before me. UFC or MMA for that matter is a almost weekly grinder!!!!!!!!!!!! As far as Ronda goes, I'm over that bet or lack of one, lol. I'm more upset with how I bet that fight and letting anyone who follows me down!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have my plays posted by mid Saturday.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WalshyMMA:


    Yea I agree Ferarri, I'm not sure what the UFC's main interest is with Kelvin... But he has been hand fed lately hasn't he lol. I also like that Magny was in Marquart's corner when he fought Kelvin and he was helping Brown train for Kelvin so that is another lean for me as well. I think he knew a game plan all along even though he wasn't fighting and that's why he jumped on the fight. I think a win from either guy here breaks them possibly into the top 10 so I guess we have to wait and see the weigh ins! But I miss most likely avoid this one even though the line on Magny seems worth a shot. Looking forward to seeing your plays! Tough break on Ronda Saturday. Still in shock I think haha. 



    Like I said Walshy, I can see 49er's and BMW's angles. I guess you and I will sit back and see who knows what about UFC!!!!!!!!!!!! In the year and a half I've been posting I've seen the 5* locks, the 80% winners, the guys you post for a few months then disappear, and the guys who only show up for the big events. Only 3 guys remain since I started and they were here before me. UFC or MMA for that matter is a almost weekly grinder!!!!!!!!!!!! As far as Ronda goes, I'm over that bet or lack of one, lol. I'm more upset with how I bet that fight and letting anyone who follows me down!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have my plays posted by mid Saturday.
     
    forty9ersfan80
    forty9ersfan80
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 1650
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2015 - 9:56 AM ET #16

    I think tommorows weigh in will determine where the money will be going. Gastelum would be a god damn fool if he's coming into this fight overweight.
    Reply
    I think tommorows weigh in will determine where the money will be going. Gastelum would be a god damn fool if he's coming into this fight overweight.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2015 - 8:50 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by forty9ersfan80:

    Quote Originally Posted by BMWUFC:

    Couldn't disagree more sir lol would love to hear your voice of reason but for me, I see a 5 round fight at high elevation, Magny who is a cardio machine, Kelvin who has had weight issues and tends to gas fighting 5 rounds at elevation. I see a late submission victory possibly decision by Magny.
    Gastelum is the better all around fighter he will use his athleticism and wrestling to dominate this fight. Magny is a solid fighter but I just dont feel he is on the same level as Gastelum.  Magny hasnt really beaten anyone while gastelum has done nothing but dominate every opponent he has faced (sans his last fight.)  He was given no chance to beat uriah hill in the tuf finale and he just went out and dominated him. His only loss was against an extremely tough tyrone woodley which was obviously because of coming in overweight. I don't believe this will be an issue for this fight as the ufc has set him up with a nutrionist to ensure that will not happen again. I think some people are using the fact that Gastelum came in over weight in his last fight in addition to the attractive odds magny has when they are picking the fight. Good luck on your bet but i have gastelum as the 5th leg of a 5 team parlay so I'm hoping this goes my way. I think gastelum stops him in the 3rd round.

    He beat Hall by split decision and he beat Story by split decision in a fight some had him losing and he missed weight in that fight too!!!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by forty9ersfan80:

    Quote Originally Posted by BMWUFC:

    Couldn't disagree more sir lol would love to hear your voice of reason but for me, I see a 5 round fight at high elevation, Magny who is a cardio machine, Kelvin who has had weight issues and tends to gas fighting 5 rounds at elevation. I see a late submission victory possibly decision by Magny.
    Gastelum is the better all around fighter he will use his athleticism and wrestling to dominate this fight. Magny is a solid fighter but I just dont feel he is on the same level as Gastelum.  Magny hasnt really beaten anyone while gastelum has done nothing but dominate every opponent he has faced (sans his last fight.)  He was given no chance to beat uriah hill in the tuf finale and he just went out and dominated him. His only loss was against an extremely tough tyrone woodley which was obviously because of coming in overweight. I don't believe this will be an issue for this fight as the ufc has set him up with a nutrionist to ensure that will not happen again. I think some people are using the fact that Gastelum came in over weight in his last fight in addition to the attractive odds magny has when they are picking the fight. Good luck on your bet but i have gastelum as the 5th leg of a 5 team parlay so I'm hoping this goes my way. I think gastelum stops him in the 3rd round.

    He beat Hall by split decision and he beat Story by split decision in a fight some had him losing and he missed weight in that fight too!!!!!
     
    forty9ersfan80
    forty9ersfan80
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 1650
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2015 - 9:21 AM ET #18

    Look there's no discounting gastelums weight issues but I'm confident he will be ready for this fight he's had many chances and he needs to show Dana that he's taking it seriously. Like I said today's weigh in should be telling I'll Be honest if gastelum looks like shit I'll be worried.
    Reply
    Look there's no discounting gastelums weight issues but I'm confident he will be ready for this fight he's had many chances and he needs to show Dana that he's taking it seriously. Like I said today's weigh in should be telling I'll Be honest if gastelum looks like shit I'll be worried.
     
    forty9ersfan80
    forty9ersfan80
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 1650
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2015 - 7:09 PM ET #19

    Kelvin looked good came in at 171. One other overlooked aspect of this fight is that magny is taking another fight on short notice and his 5th this year. Yes he has better cardio but will the fact that he has flight so many times in a short period affect him???
    Reply
    Kelvin looked good came in at 171. One other overlooked aspect of this fight is that magny is taking another fight on short notice and his 5th this year. Yes he has better cardio but will the fact that he has flight so many times in a short period affect him???
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2015 - 11:07 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by forty9ersfan80:

    Kelvin looked good came in at 171. One other overlooked aspect of this fight is that magny is taking another fight on short notice and his 5th this year. Yes he has better cardio but will the fact that he has flight so many times in a short period affect him???

    You selling me or selling BMW, lol. Or are you selling guys who are viewing???
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by forty9ersfan80:

    Kelvin looked good came in at 171. One other overlooked aspect of this fight is that magny is taking another fight on short notice and his 5th this year. Yes he has better cardio but will the fact that he has flight so many times in a short period affect him???

    You selling me or selling BMW, lol. Or are you selling guys who are viewing???
     
    ParlayJoe17
    ParlayJoe17
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 272
    Posted: Nov. 21, 2015 - 1:35 AM ET #21

    Agree with 49ers assessment.  I don't remember Gastelum ever going 5 rounds at elevation, or even gassing at all for  that matter (could be wrong).  Only remember him getting stronger as his fights went on (Musoke, Hall).

    -300 seems close to right (unlike Browns odds).  I will be betting on Kelvin here one way or the other. Prob check out the finish odds aswell.

    If Gastelum stays healthy and focused, I see him getting the belt at 170

    Reply

    Agree with 49ers assessment.  I don't remember Gastelum ever going 5 rounds at elevation, or even gassing at all for  that matter (could be wrong).  Only remember him getting stronger as his fights went on (Musoke, Hall).

    -300 seems close to right (unlike Browns odds).  I will be betting on Kelvin here one way or the other. Prob check out the finish odds aswell.

    If Gastelum stays healthy and focused, I see him getting the belt at 170

     
    forty9ersfan80
    forty9ersfan80
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 1650
    Posted: Nov. 21, 2015 - 11:07 AM ET #22

    Haha I'm just countering bmws argument
    Reply
    Haha I'm just countering bmws argument
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 21, 2015 - 11:53 AM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by ParlayJoe17:

    Agree with 49ers assessment.  I don't remember Gastelum ever going 5 rounds at elevation, or even gassing at all for  that matter (could be wrong).  Only remember him getting stronger as his fights went on (Musoke, Hall).

    -300 seems close to right (unlike Browns odds).  I will be betting on Kelvin here one way or the other. Prob check out the finish odds aswell.

    If Gastelum stays healthy and focused, I see him getting the belt at 170




    Gastelum winning the belt Joe????????????????????????? I want what you are smoking Joe, lol.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ParlayJoe17:

    Agree with 49ers assessment.  I don't remember Gastelum ever going 5 rounds at elevation, or even gassing at all for  that matter (could be wrong).  Only remember him getting stronger as his fights went on (Musoke, Hall).

    -300 seems close to right (unlike Browns odds).  I will be betting on Kelvin here one way or the other. Prob check out the finish odds aswell.

    If Gastelum stays healthy and focused, I see him getting the belt at 170




    Gastelum winning the belt Joe????????????????????????? I want what you are smoking Joe, lol.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 21, 2015 - 11:55 AM ET #24

    Good stuff from  49er, BMW, Walshy, and Moneymaker this week. I'll be back with hopefully some winners!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply
    Good stuff from  49er, BMW, Walshy, and Moneymaker this week. I'll be back with hopefully some winners!!!!!!!!!!!
     
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 21, 2015 - 1:41 PM ET #25

    Ok boys from the top, well not the very top, you get my drift, lol.

    Lamas(-600) 6 gets me 1.
    Cejudo(-500) 75 gets me 15.
    Escudero(+120) 1 gets me 1.20.
    Perez(-120) 1.20 gets me 1.
    Fabinski(-210) 2.10 gets me 1.
    Perez(+115) 1 gets me 1.15.
    Fili(-190) 3.80 gets me 2.
    Under 1.5 Arzamendia/Reyes fight 1 gets me 1.25.
    Under 1.5 Ramos/Herrera fight 1 gets me 1.15.
    Lazaro(-110) 1.10 gets me 1.

    Reply
    Ok boys from the top, well not the very top, you get my drift, lol.

    Lamas(-600) 6 gets me 1.
    Cejudo(-500) 75 gets me 15.
    Escudero(+120) 1 gets me 1.20.
    Perez(-120) 1.20 gets me 1.
    Fabinski(-210) 2.10 gets me 1.
    Perez(+115) 1 gets me 1.15.
    Fili(-190) 3.80 gets me 2.
    Under 1.5 Arzamendia/Reyes fight 1 gets me 1.25.
    Under 1.5 Ramos/Herrera fight 1 gets me 1.15.
    Lazaro(-110) 1.10 gets me 1.

    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,264
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,438
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,613
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,190
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 113
    • Trump's legacy? 32,958
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,112
    • Trump lies so much. 22,895

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.