• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    UFC FN - Edgar vs Swanson

    12 Next Last»
    OnTheO
    whipton
    Ferrari29
    MMAwizard
    Qncyk1
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1550
    Posts: 30
    12 Next Last»
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 9:52 AM ET #1

    18-12 +10.1 posted

    Lots of good free fights on this card. I'll be posting my leans throughout the week. I will start with just one:

    Edson Barboza -145 over Bobby Green
    This should be a good fight. Bobby wins fights by staying in a range that he can get into and out of while landing strikes and avoiding counters. The problem is that Edson's best strikes are longer than any strikes Bobby can throw - especially his leg kicks. Edson also doesn't depend on a lot of straight strikes that Bobby is a master at rolling under and parrying. I'm going to be watching this line as the week moves on.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    18-12 +10.1 posted

    Lots of good free fights on this card. I'll be posting my leans throughout the week. I will start with just one:

    Edson Barboza -145 over Bobby Green
    This should be a good fight. Bobby wins fights by staying in a range that he can get into and out of while landing strikes and avoiding counters. The problem is that Edson's best strikes are longer than any strikes Bobby can throw - especially his leg kicks. Edson also doesn't depend on a lot of straight strikes that Bobby is a master at rolling under and parrying. I'm going to be watching this line as the week moves on.
     
    whipton
    whipton
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 2823
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 2:59 PM ET #2

    why watch the line ? 
    Reply
    why watch the line ? 
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 4:54 PM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by whipton:

    why watch the line ?


    It's a timing and info thing. I'd rather wait until the very last minute before placing a bet so I can hear/read all the info possible. But I will watch the line to try to time it on a good spot. The info and the line will dictate the size of the bet and whether I pass/play. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by whipton:

    why watch the line ?


    It's a timing and info thing. I'd rather wait until the very last minute before placing a bet so I can hear/read all the info possible. But I will watch the line to try to time it on a good spot. The info and the line will dictate the size of the bet and whether I pass/play. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not.
     
    whipton
    whipton
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 2823
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 6:38 PM ET #4

    the line shouldn't dictate your pick.  neither should "inside' info. everybody says they're coming off a good camp. 
    Reply
    the line shouldn't dictate your pick.  neither should "inside' info. everybody says they're coming off a good camp. 
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 7:20 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by whipton:

    the line shouldn't dictate your pick.  neither should "inside' info. everybody says they're coming off a good camp.


    I respectfully disagree.

    First, it doesn't dictate the side I'm on. My lean and thoughts on the fight are if the fight happened without any distraction or outside influence. It only dictates the level of my play between 0-2 units. My leans are based on the fighter's abilities and tendencies from my own analysis.

    Second, it's almost never inside info or any secret, but a lot can happen between the opening line and the fight. Injuries happen, guys get sick and guys talk about moving camps that I had no idea about. It's part of the promotion for these guys to get out there and answer question and reveal info about themselves to the media you hadn't heard about since they fought last.

    Here's some examples:
    -- Nam Phan said on a podcast last week that he didn't know who Mike Richman was before signing and if he had known, he probably wouldn't have signed
    -- Gastelum moved from his home camp in Yuma, AZ with no other notable pros, to Alliance
    -- Guillard missed weight, and had to pay 50% of his purse to Gaethje. Guillard used to train with Grudge (Geathje's camp) and Trevor Wittman(his trainer) but he quit because of the amount of money Trevor wanted as a training fee. All on a podcast.
    -- Bermudez was definitely hoping for a bigger name than Lamas - preferred McGregor or Cub.

    All important to me.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by whipton:

    the line shouldn't dictate your pick.  neither should "inside' info. everybody says they're coming off a good camp.


    I respectfully disagree.

    First, it doesn't dictate the side I'm on. My lean and thoughts on the fight are if the fight happened without any distraction or outside influence. It only dictates the level of my play between 0-2 units. My leans are based on the fighter's abilities and tendencies from my own analysis.

    Second, it's almost never inside info or any secret, but a lot can happen between the opening line and the fight. Injuries happen, guys get sick and guys talk about moving camps that I had no idea about. It's part of the promotion for these guys to get out there and answer question and reveal info about themselves to the media you hadn't heard about since they fought last.

    Here's some examples:
    -- Nam Phan said on a podcast last week that he didn't know who Mike Richman was before signing and if he had known, he probably wouldn't have signed
    -- Gastelum moved from his home camp in Yuma, AZ with no other notable pros, to Alliance
    -- Guillard missed weight, and had to pay 50% of his purse to Gaethje. Guillard used to train with Grudge (Geathje's camp) and Trevor Wittman(his trainer) but he quit because of the amount of money Trevor wanted as a training fee. All on a podcast.
    -- Bermudez was definitely hoping for a bigger name than Lamas - preferred McGregor or Cub.

    All important to me.
     
    whipton
    whipton
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 2823
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 7:27 PM ET #6

    BOL next event
    Reply
    BOL next event
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 7:32 PM ET #7

    You too man. It may not matter a damn bit and I've had info in the past lead me in the wrong direction too, but I try to use what I can. That's just me.
    Reply
    You too man. It may not matter a damn bit and I've had info in the past lead me in the wrong direction too, but I try to use what I can. That's just me.
     
    whipton
    whipton
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 2823
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 7:41 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    You too man. It may not matter a damn bit and I've had info in the past lead me in the wrong direction too, but I try to use what I can. That's just me.

    been there many times myself. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    You too man. It may not matter a damn bit and I've had info in the past lead me in the wrong direction too, but I try to use what I can. That's just me.

    been there many times myself. 
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2014 - 8:15 PM ET #9

    Next lean:

    Chico Camus +190 over Brad Pickett
    Pickett is one of those guys that fought close to the top at one weight, dropped weights and is looking for a new beginning. The problem is he is 36 and he wasn't that fast to begin with, so the move from bantam to fly hasn't paid many dividends. In addition to that, Chico doesn't lose brawls, which this will likely become. He loses wrestling matches, which he's good enough to avoid and Brad isn't good enough to force.
    Reply
    Next lean:

    Chico Camus +190 over Brad Pickett
    Pickett is one of those guys that fought close to the top at one weight, dropped weights and is looking for a new beginning. The problem is he is 36 and he wasn't that fast to begin with, so the move from bantam to fly hasn't paid many dividends. In addition to that, Chico doesn't lose brawls, which this will likely become. He loses wrestling matches, which he's good enough to avoid and Brad isn't good enough to force.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2014 - 11:16 PM ET #10

    Wow Cub plus 180, tasty!!!
    Reply
    Wow Cub plus 180, tasty!!!
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2014 - 4:48 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Wow Cub plus 180, tasty!!


    I actually can't get a great read on that fight. Frankie by decision will probably be about even money, and I'll probably be on the opposite prop (not Frankie by decision) for a small bet. I think both guys want to win emphatically to put their name in the hat over Conor and if it's a decision, I think it will be a close one 3-2 rounds for either guy. Therefore, I think having even money on a coin flip decision + either guy finishing in 25 minutes is about as good as bet as I see at around +100, but we'll see what my book lays on the prop price.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Wow Cub plus 180, tasty!!


    I actually can't get a great read on that fight. Frankie by decision will probably be about even money, and I'll probably be on the opposite prop (not Frankie by decision) for a small bet. I think both guys want to win emphatically to put their name in the hat over Conor and if it's a decision, I think it will be a close one 3-2 rounds for either guy. Therefore, I think having even money on a coin flip decision + either guy finishing in 25 minutes is about as good as bet as I see at around +100, but we'll see what my book lays on the prop price.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2014 - 5:02 PM ET #12

    Next lean:
    Josh Copeland +165 over Magomedov
    Copeland is one of those big, ugly lineman looking guys that hits hard and never stops coming forward. Magomedov is more of a technical striker who Copeland will overwhelm and overpower.
    Reply
    Next lean:
    Josh Copeland +165 over Magomedov
    Copeland is one of those big, ugly lineman looking guys that hits hard and never stops coming forward. Magomedov is more of a technical striker who Copeland will overwhelm and overpower.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2014 - 5:10 PM ET #13

    Next one:
    Olienik/Rosholt don't start round 3 (prop line not set)
    This is a fight where OO has to catch the big American quickly with a submission or Rosholt will just be too much for him to handle and will pound him out before the start of the 3rd.
    Reply
    Next one:
    Olienik/Rosholt don't start round 3 (prop line not set)
    This is a fight where OO has to catch the big American quickly with a submission or Rosholt will just be too much for him to handle and will pound him out before the start of the 3rd.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2014 - 5:13 PM ET #14

    And lastly:
    Barnatt (-325) + Vick (-215) parlay
    Both guys are such long, technical strikers with slick BJJ games. I think they'll both stick and even toy with their opponents at time at range.

    If there are any more, I'll post up, but that's probably about it for this event. Good luck!
    Reply
    And lastly:
    Barnatt (-325) + Vick (-215) parlay
    Both guys are such long, technical strikers with slick BJJ games. I think they'll both stick and even toy with their opponents at time at range.

    If there are any more, I'll post up, but that's probably about it for this event. Good luck!
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2014 - 11:32 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Next lean: Josh Copeland +165 over MagomedovCopeland is one of those big, ugly lineman looking guys that hits hard and never stops coming forward. Magomedov is more of a technical striker who Copeland will overwhelm and overpower.

    Might tail you on this lean. Don't know much about either guy. I see some dogs barking though.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Next lean: Josh Copeland +165 over MagomedovCopeland is one of those big, ugly lineman looking guys that hits hard and never stops coming forward. Magomedov is more of a technical striker who Copeland will overwhelm and overpower.

    Might tail you on this lean. Don't know much about either guy. I see some dogs barking though.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2014 - 10:44 AM ET #16

    Bobby Green is contemplating retirement ahead of his fight this weekend with Edson Barboza, posted on his Facebook page.
    Reply
    Bobby Green is contemplating retirement ahead of his fight this weekend with Edson Barboza, posted on his Facebook page.
     
    MMAwizard
    MMAwizard
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 220
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2014 - 1:06 PM ET #17

    I just finished capping the green/barboza fight. and its a tough one.

    BARBOZA weakness are:

    1-his chin his really weak 

     2- aldo he has good taked def once he his on the canvas its not that hard holding him there

    strength are:

    1- good technical striking 

    2- insane leg kicking power 

    3- great footwork

    Green weakness are

    1- technical def, he does dodge well but his hands are so low its only a matter of time for a good striker to capitalize on it.

    strength are

    1- push the paces, not many fighters like to be pushed around and its make them unconfortable and its shows in their performance

    2- octagon control, he controls the octagon very well. and its always score well with the judges

    3- good taked def and very good scrambling to get back to his feet if gets taken down

    i just cant see a clear winner here, i see both guys winning and losing in their own way,

    Barboza use tech striking and footwork to set up green and caught him going forward with spinning heel kick or thai kick

    Green push forward and that will make kicking harder for barboza, and he will be hesitant because of green wrestling background. Green has a very high volume striking output and a good chin. i can easily see him getting a dec in this fight. and aldo not a power puncher, Edson weak chin could also be koed.

    i was not planning to write so much but i wanted your imput on all this. i don't see a clear favorite in this fight and i hate having lost 2hours and a half for nothing. Because i think you may have missed some things on green

    Reply

    I just finished capping the green/barboza fight. and its a tough one.

    BARBOZA weakness are:

    1-his chin his really weak 

     2- aldo he has good taked def once he his on the canvas its not that hard holding him there

    strength are:

    1- good technical striking 

    2- insane leg kicking power 

    3- great footwork

    Green weakness are

    1- technical def, he does dodge well but his hands are so low its only a matter of time for a good striker to capitalize on it.

    strength are

    1- push the paces, not many fighters like to be pushed around and its make them unconfortable and its shows in their performance

    2- octagon control, he controls the octagon very well. and its always score well with the judges

    3- good taked def and very good scrambling to get back to his feet if gets taken down

    i just cant see a clear winner here, i see both guys winning and losing in their own way,

    Barboza use tech striking and footwork to set up green and caught him going forward with spinning heel kick or thai kick

    Green push forward and that will make kicking harder for barboza, and he will be hesitant because of green wrestling background. Green has a very high volume striking output and a good chin. i can easily see him getting a dec in this fight. and aldo not a power puncher, Edson weak chin could also be koed.

    i was not planning to write so much but i wanted your imput on all this. i don't see a clear favorite in this fight and i hate having lost 2hours and a half for nothing. Because i think you may have missed some things on green

     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2014 - 6:49 PM ET #18

    That's a good analysis and I agree with most of it. Here's my counters:

    1. I think Edson's chin being toast is a bit unfair. He's been dropped a few times against strikers with heavy hands and most times he's recovered and won the fight.
    2. Bobby's defensive boxing has done well lately. This was against guys who threw mainly jabs and crosses in their combos and who had a reach disadvantage against him. He is very good at slipping jabs and crosses, but not as good at rolling under hooks or checking kicks, which is Barboza's game.
    3. Speaking of checking leg kicks, the best way to slow down a pressure-forward fighter is to brutalize their legs. Barboza is the only ufc fighter to finish 2 fighters by leg kicks.
    4. Green averages 1.5 TD attempts per fight with a 37% accuracy. Barboza boasts an 84% TD defense.

    I see this as a mainly stand-up fight where Barboza can use his length and leg kicks to keep Green's pressure back with a win by ko or fairly easy decision.
    Reply
    That's a good analysis and I agree with most of it. Here's my counters:

    1. I think Edson's chin being toast is a bit unfair. He's been dropped a few times against strikers with heavy hands and most times he's recovered and won the fight.
    2. Bobby's defensive boxing has done well lately. This was against guys who threw mainly jabs and crosses in their combos and who had a reach disadvantage against him. He is very good at slipping jabs and crosses, but not as good at rolling under hooks or checking kicks, which is Barboza's game.
    3. Speaking of checking leg kicks, the best way to slow down a pressure-forward fighter is to brutalize their legs. Barboza is the only ufc fighter to finish 2 fighters by leg kicks.
    4. Green averages 1.5 TD attempts per fight with a 37% accuracy. Barboza boasts an 84% TD defense.

    I see this as a mainly stand-up fight where Barboza can use his length and leg kicks to keep Green's pressure back with a win by ko or fairly easy decision.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2014 - 8:18 PM ET #19

    I think you'll see a lot more TD attempts from Green in this fight, if not he gets lasered!!!
    Reply
    I think you'll see a lot more TD attempts from Green in this fight, if not he gets lasered!!!
     
    MMAwizard
    MMAwizard
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 220
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2014 - 8:49 PM ET #20

    Why bring the fight down when he was winning his fight on his feet.  And I watched Edson 6 last fight today and he got his bell rung in 1 of the fight , rocked bad in 2 other, and koed in 1 so that's 4 out of 6... not very good, especially for that weight class. and it was not against huge shots. But thanks for the info, like I wanted you gave me an angle I add thought has a factor and its the reach so I will analyse it again with that in mind, thanks.

    by the way I wish I could use the retirement has a huge factor but  green younger brother add just been killed before his fight with Thomson and he add a short camp but he still won that fight, that's a mentally  very strong individual.

    Reply

    Why bring the fight down when he was winning his fight on his feet.  And I watched Edson 6 last fight today and he got his bell rung in 1 of the fight , rocked bad in 2 other, and koed in 1 so that's 4 out of 6... not very good, especially for that weight class. and it was not against huge shots. But thanks for the info, like I wanted you gave me an angle I add thought has a factor and its the reach so I will analyse it again with that in mind, thanks.

    by the way I wish I could use the retirement has a huge factor but  green younger brother add just been killed before his fight with Thomson and he add a short camp but he still won that fight, that's a mentally  very strong individual.

     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 19, 2014 - 9:51 PM ET #21

    Yeah thank you too man, I appreciate the discussion. I fully expect to be completely wrong on a few picks/leans and maybe this is one of them, but we'll see!
    Reply
    Yeah thank you too man, I appreciate the discussion. I fully expect to be completely wrong on a few picks/leans and maybe this is one of them, but we'll see!
     
    Qncyk1
    Qncyk1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 1239
    Posted: Nov. 20, 2014 - 11:06 AM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by MMAwizard:

    Why bring the fight down when he was winning his fight on his feet.  And I watched Edson 6 last fight today and he got his bell rung in 1 of the fight , rocked bad in 2 other, and koed in 1 so that's 4 out of 6... not very good, especially for that weight class. and it was not against huge shots. But thanks for the info, like I wanted you gave me an angle I add thought has a factor and its the reach so I will analyse it again with that in mind, thanks.

    by the way I wish I could use the retirement has a huge factor but  green younger brother add just been killed before his fight with Thomson and he add a short camp but he still won that fight, that's a mentally  very strong individual.


    the chances of green retiring is pretty close to zero. hes an emotional guy with little guidance(at least before he went to diaz camp) and the ufc has treated him pretty badly regarding taking fights on short notice and taking him off a fight card for no reason.

    i have no idea how anyone bets on a guy like barboza who essentially gets kod by a jab


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAwizard:

    Why bring the fight down when he was winning his fight on his feet.  And I watched Edson 6 last fight today and he got his bell rung in 1 of the fight , rocked bad in 2 other, and koed in 1 so that's 4 out of 6... not very good, especially for that weight class. and it was not against huge shots. But thanks for the info, like I wanted you gave me an angle I add thought has a factor and its the reach so I will analyse it again with that in mind, thanks.

    by the way I wish I could use the retirement has a huge factor but  green younger brother add just been killed before his fight with Thomson and he add a short camp but he still won that fight, that's a mentally  very strong individual.


    the chances of green retiring is pretty close to zero. hes an emotional guy with little guidance(at least before he went to diaz camp) and the ufc has treated him pretty badly regarding taking fights on short notice and taking him off a fight card for no reason.

    i have no idea how anyone bets on a guy like barboza who essentially gets kod by a jab


     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Nov. 21, 2014 - 11:03 PM ET #23

    I'm on the opposite of most of your leans but best of luck!
    Reply
    I'm on the opposite of most of your leans but best of luck!
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 21, 2014 - 11:59 PM ET #24

    Alright dudes, here's my final card with my fave to least.

    18-12 +10.1 posted

    Camus +175 2 to win 3.5
    Barnatt + Vick 2 to win 1.9
    Barboza -140 1.4 to win 1
    Olienik/Rosholt does not go 3 RDS -150 1.5 to win 1
    Copeland +170 1 to win 1.7
    Not Edgar by decision -140 .7 to win .5

    Good luck fellas.
    Reply
    Alright dudes, here's my final card with my fave to least.

    18-12 +10.1 posted

    Camus +175 2 to win 3.5
    Barnatt + Vick 2 to win 1.9
    Barboza -140 1.4 to win 1
    Olienik/Rosholt does not go 3 RDS -150 1.5 to win 1
    Copeland +170 1 to win 1.7
    Not Edgar by decision -140 .7 to win .5

    Good luck fellas.
     
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2014 - 12:02 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by MR219:

    I'm on the opposite of most of your leans but best of luck!


    You too. I'm pretty contrarian on this card when I look at the forums and main mma web sites. That could work out and it could not. I'm just hoping for some good fights and we'll see what happens.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MR219:

    I'm on the opposite of most of your leans but best of luck!


    You too. I'm pretty contrarian on this card when I look at the forums and main mma web sites. That could work out and it could not. I'm just hoping for some good fights and we'll see what happens.
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,285
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,467
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,689
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,257
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 123
    • Trump's legacy? 32,960
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,152
    • Trump lies so much. 22,910

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.