Fernie Garcia beat Joshua Weems. Weems has a nice looking record but I'm not impressed with the competition he fought getting it. Fernie beat I. Batin Gonzalez, 4-1, Ryan Hayes, 9-6, and Jay Viola, 3-1.
Journey Newson lost to Randy Costa when he got caught by Randy's kick to his face. He beat Pilarte with a vicious knockout but was ruled no contest because of marijuana in his blood test. He lost to Ramos 12-2 and beat Abanokov 5-3-1.
I'm taking Journey because Fernie's competition has been mostly unranked. His record shows about 6 significant strikes per min and absorbs 7.
Journey fought better ranked fighters and heavier weight class featherweights. When he lost to Costa, Costa was better ranked at bantamweight and had 69% of Tapology picks yet Journey was still favored @ -125. That's how much the books respect his right hand bomb.
That right hand bomb is going to catch up with Fernie. Take the plus money.
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Pick: Journey Newson @ +115
Fernie Garcia beat Joshua Weems. Weems has a nice looking record but I'm not impressed with the competition he fought getting it. Fernie beat I. Batin Gonzalez, 4-1, Ryan Hayes, 9-6, and Jay Viola, 3-1.
Journey Newson lost to Randy Costa when he got caught by Randy's kick to his face. He beat Pilarte with a vicious knockout but was ruled no contest because of marijuana in his blood test. He lost to Ramos 12-2 and beat Abanokov 5-3-1.
I'm taking Journey because Fernie's competition has been mostly unranked. His record shows about 6 significant strikes per min and absorbs 7.
Journey fought better ranked fighters and heavier weight class featherweights. When he lost to Costa, Costa was better ranked at bantamweight and had 69% of Tapology picks yet Journey was still favored @ -125. That's how much the books respect his right hand bomb.
That right hand bomb is going to catch up with Fernie. Take the plus money.