• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    UFC 196 Money Makers

    J-MoneyMaker
    Ferrari29
    eddiegray
    Crashdavis565
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1050
    Posts: 10
     
    J-MoneyMaker
    J-MoneyMaker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2016 - 5:46 PM ET #1

    Even though Nate Diaz was a replacement tonight on short notice, it sure seems like this past week has taken forever to finally get to this moment. I'm so excited. McGregor is my favorite fighter to watch and Diaz is one of those fighters that I just love to watch get their butt kicked. I couldn't have been happier when this fight was announced. I had some serious concerns about McGregor being able to handle what Dos Anjos brought to the table, but with him out of the picture for now, this sets up to be a much better matchup for Conor. The rest of the PPV is pretty solid, although I feel it lacks a bit in star power compared to the past PPVs. Regardless, I found a lot of things that I like from a betting perspective, which hasn't been the case in a long time. Here are my thoughts on tonight's fights and how I'm betting them:

    McGregor vs. Diaz should be great. I've loved the short buildup to this fight, because they both don't give a damn and love talking smack. Conor has absolutely owned Nate in these interviews and it's been hysterical to watch. As far as the matchup goes, obviously McGregor is a sizeable favorite here, and for good reason. He has better footwork, better lateral movement, as well as punching power. Nate tends to plod forward a little bit, using little foot/head movement, and he most certainly doesn't really check leg kicks. However, there are a few unknowns going into this fight. Conor is moving up 25 pounds to a new weight class to fight for the first time. Obviously that allows him to not have to go through a huge cut, but it's definitely something I'm curious to watch. Conor also always had massive height/reach advantages in his previous fights, as he was a huge featherweight. For the first time, he will be fighting a much taller guy, who has just as much reach as him. Nate is also a southpaw, just like Conor, so it will be interesting to see how that affects Conor's tactics. That all being said, Conor still has a lot of advantages here. He will utilize that great lateral movement of his, and keep Nate guessing. It may take him a few minutes to get his timing down, due to Nate having that nice reach, but I think Nate is a bit too predictable and Conor will figure him out soon enough. Nate could have a path to victory if he were to end up getting McGregor to the mat, but Nate's wrestling isn't that great and he likely won't be able to take Conor down. His best chance is to either knock Conor down or catch him in some sort of a scramble. Otherwise, I don't see Nate knocking McGregor out. Nate is a tough dude and can take a punch. I think he will hang in there as long as he possibly can, but eventually Conor will inflict too much damage and the ref will step in. My prediction is Conor by TKO/KO in Round 2.

    Tate/Holm should be a good fight. While I don't think Holm got lucky against Rousey, I do think that she did benefit quite a bit from a horrible gameplan for Ronda. Ronda was relentlessly trying to get in the face of Holm and try to out-box her on the feet. And she paid for it. It was almost like Rousey was out there trying to prove that she really does have elite striking. She doesn't. But she's surrounded by a bunch of "yes-men" and an idiot coach, who have her believing she is some great boxer. Maybe against some of the weak competition she had faced in that division, but it doesn't come close to Holm's resume. Tate will likely take a much more cautious approach, trying to keep some distance at first, until eventually testing Holly's takedown defense. Holly's takedown defense held up strong against Rousey, but we didn't really get to see much of a sample size. Tate is pretty darn tough, and I do see a way where she could have some success, if she were to take Holm down. Odds are, however, that Holm keeps Tate at range, picks her apart on the feet, and outpoints her for 5 rounds or scores the KO at some point. I feel very strongly that both women will survive the 1st 5 minutes and we will see a 2nd round. Therefore, I will have several bets that incorporate that premise. I think Holm is the likely winner here, but I don't think it's a "lock" by any means. My prediction is Holm by 5 round decision.

    My writeups on the rest of my bets/fights won't be as in-depth as the main/co-main events. Latifi/Villante should be a fight that I see not quite making it the distance. In fact, I don't see this one getting out of the 1st round to be honest. Latifi hits like a freaking sledgehammer (his nickname for a reason) and Villante has poor defense and is extremely hittable. Villante may be able to keep Latifi at bay for a few minutes, but I think Latifi eventually lands a huge KO and puts Gian's lights out. My prediction is Latifi by KO in Round 1.

    Thatch/Bahadurzada should be Thatch's fight to lose. Thatch has lose 2 in a row and has been tapped out in both losses. I think this is a nice way of letting Thatch style on an opponent and try to get back in the win column. Thatch does need to avoid the big shot of Bahadurzada, as he does have good power. But Siyar tends to gas easily and I think Thatch will be able to take advantage and probably win inside the distance. My prediction is Thatch by KO in Round 2.

    Eric Silva is the perfect example of a guy who either finishes his opponent in the first 5 minutes, or goes on to lose a decision. The guy is aggressive and dangerous early, but tires out and fades late. His opponent in this one is a great matchup for him and I think it leads to an early finish for Silva. There are obvious concerns with Silva, though, as he hasn't fared well outside of Brazil and he looked AWFUL in his last fight against Magny after the new drug tests were in place. There were significant changes in his physique and he wasn't near the explosive guy he was before. However, he looked good at the weigh-ins and I don't think Taleb offers enough of a threat here. My prediction is Silva by submission in Round 1.

    Miranda has better striking and movement in his matchup with Guimaraes, and I think that will lead to a KO for him at some point in the fight. He needs to stay away from being stuck up against the fence for 15 minutes or held down by Guimaraes, and I think he will accomplish that. My prediction is Miranda by KO in Round 1.

    I'm running out of time, so no more analysis. You can easily see which fighters and what props I like a lot tonight. If your book doesn't offer a few of those props, then utilize the fighters that I've mentioned I'm betting. I'm VERY confident in McGregor tonight. If you don't want to put a lot of your eggs in one basket, then mix and match fighters any way you see fit. It's ultimately your choice. Good luck and enjoy the event if you're able to watch!
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Even though Nate Diaz was a replacement tonight on short notice, it sure seems like this past week has taken forever to finally get to this moment. I'm so excited. McGregor is my favorite fighter to watch and Diaz is one of those fighters that I just love to watch get their butt kicked. I couldn't have been happier when this fight was announced. I had some serious concerns about McGregor being able to handle what Dos Anjos brought to the table, but with him out of the picture for now, this sets up to be a much better matchup for Conor. The rest of the PPV is pretty solid, although I feel it lacks a bit in star power compared to the past PPVs. Regardless, I found a lot of things that I like from a betting perspective, which hasn't been the case in a long time. Here are my thoughts on tonight's fights and how I'm betting them:

    McGregor vs. Diaz should be great. I've loved the short buildup to this fight, because they both don't give a damn and love talking smack. Conor has absolutely owned Nate in these interviews and it's been hysterical to watch. As far as the matchup goes, obviously McGregor is a sizeable favorite here, and for good reason. He has better footwork, better lateral movement, as well as punching power. Nate tends to plod forward a little bit, using little foot/head movement, and he most certainly doesn't really check leg kicks. However, there are a few unknowns going into this fight. Conor is moving up 25 pounds to a new weight class to fight for the first time. Obviously that allows him to not have to go through a huge cut, but it's definitely something I'm curious to watch. Conor also always had massive height/reach advantages in his previous fights, as he was a huge featherweight. For the first time, he will be fighting a much taller guy, who has just as much reach as him. Nate is also a southpaw, just like Conor, so it will be interesting to see how that affects Conor's tactics. That all being said, Conor still has a lot of advantages here. He will utilize that great lateral movement of his, and keep Nate guessing. It may take him a few minutes to get his timing down, due to Nate having that nice reach, but I think Nate is a bit too predictable and Conor will figure him out soon enough. Nate could have a path to victory if he were to end up getting McGregor to the mat, but Nate's wrestling isn't that great and he likely won't be able to take Conor down. His best chance is to either knock Conor down or catch him in some sort of a scramble. Otherwise, I don't see Nate knocking McGregor out. Nate is a tough dude and can take a punch. I think he will hang in there as long as he possibly can, but eventually Conor will inflict too much damage and the ref will step in. My prediction is Conor by TKO/KO in Round 2.

    Tate/Holm should be a good fight. While I don't think Holm got lucky against Rousey, I do think that she did benefit quite a bit from a horrible gameplan for Ronda. Ronda was relentlessly trying to get in the face of Holm and try to out-box her on the feet. And she paid for it. It was almost like Rousey was out there trying to prove that she really does have elite striking. She doesn't. But she's surrounded by a bunch of "yes-men" and an idiot coach, who have her believing she is some great boxer. Maybe against some of the weak competition she had faced in that division, but it doesn't come close to Holm's resume. Tate will likely take a much more cautious approach, trying to keep some distance at first, until eventually testing Holly's takedown defense. Holly's takedown defense held up strong against Rousey, but we didn't really get to see much of a sample size. Tate is pretty darn tough, and I do see a way where she could have some success, if she were to take Holm down. Odds are, however, that Holm keeps Tate at range, picks her apart on the feet, and outpoints her for 5 rounds or scores the KO at some point. I feel very strongly that both women will survive the 1st 5 minutes and we will see a 2nd round. Therefore, I will have several bets that incorporate that premise. I think Holm is the likely winner here, but I don't think it's a "lock" by any means. My prediction is Holm by 5 round decision.

    My writeups on the rest of my bets/fights won't be as in-depth as the main/co-main events. Latifi/Villante should be a fight that I see not quite making it the distance. In fact, I don't see this one getting out of the 1st round to be honest. Latifi hits like a freaking sledgehammer (his nickname for a reason) and Villante has poor defense and is extremely hittable. Villante may be able to keep Latifi at bay for a few minutes, but I think Latifi eventually lands a huge KO and puts Gian's lights out. My prediction is Latifi by KO in Round 1.

    Thatch/Bahadurzada should be Thatch's fight to lose. Thatch has lose 2 in a row and has been tapped out in both losses. I think this is a nice way of letting Thatch style on an opponent and try to get back in the win column. Thatch does need to avoid the big shot of Bahadurzada, as he does have good power. But Siyar tends to gas easily and I think Thatch will be able to take advantage and probably win inside the distance. My prediction is Thatch by KO in Round 2.

    Eric Silva is the perfect example of a guy who either finishes his opponent in the first 5 minutes, or goes on to lose a decision. The guy is aggressive and dangerous early, but tires out and fades late. His opponent in this one is a great matchup for him and I think it leads to an early finish for Silva. There are obvious concerns with Silva, though, as he hasn't fared well outside of Brazil and he looked AWFUL in his last fight against Magny after the new drug tests were in place. There were significant changes in his physique and he wasn't near the explosive guy he was before. However, he looked good at the weigh-ins and I don't think Taleb offers enough of a threat here. My prediction is Silva by submission in Round 1.

    Miranda has better striking and movement in his matchup with Guimaraes, and I think that will lead to a KO for him at some point in the fight. He needs to stay away from being stuck up against the fence for 15 minutes or held down by Guimaraes, and I think he will accomplish that. My prediction is Miranda by KO in Round 1.

    I'm running out of time, so no more analysis. You can easily see which fighters and what props I like a lot tonight. If your book doesn't offer a few of those props, then utilize the fighters that I've mentioned I'm betting. I'm VERY confident in McGregor tonight. If you don't want to put a lot of your eggs in one basket, then mix and match fighters any way you see fit. It's ultimately your choice. Good luck and enjoy the event if you're able to watch!
     
    J-MoneyMaker
    J-MoneyMaker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2016 - 5:46 PM ET #2

    UFC 196


    10 Unit Play
    H. Holm/M. Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor (-210)


    5 Unit Plays
    I. Latifi + C. McGregor (-110)
    V. Miranda + H. Holm/M. Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor/N. Diaz Under 5 Rds (-120)
    Latifi/Villante Under 3 Rds + Holm/Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor/N. Diaz Under 5 Rds (-115)
    E. Silva + C. McGregor (-125)
    I. Latifi ITD (+100)
    H. Holm/M. Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor ITD (-165)


    3 Unit Plays
    V. Miranda + H. Holm (-120)
    B. Thatch + H. Holm/M. Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor (-110)
    H. Holm + C. McGregor (-150)
    E. Silva ITD (-135)



    2016 Record: 20-18 (-9.9 units)

    *All plays are made on a scale of 1-10 units
    Reply
    UFC 196


    10 Unit Play
    H. Holm/M. Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor (-210)


    5 Unit Plays
    I. Latifi + C. McGregor (-110)
    V. Miranda + H. Holm/M. Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor/N. Diaz Under 5 Rds (-120)
    Latifi/Villante Under 3 Rds + Holm/Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor/N. Diaz Under 5 Rds (-115)
    E. Silva + C. McGregor (-125)
    I. Latifi ITD (+100)
    H. Holm/M. Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor ITD (-165)


    3 Unit Plays
    V. Miranda + H. Holm (-120)
    B. Thatch + H. Holm/M. Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor (-110)
    H. Holm + C. McGregor (-150)
    E. Silva ITD (-135)



    2016 Record: 20-18 (-9.9 units)

    *All plays are made on a scale of 1-10 units
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2016 - 5:47 PM ET #3

    Good luck Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply
    Good luck Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    J-MoneyMaker
    J-MoneyMaker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2016 - 5:51 PM ET #4

    thanks man, you too! Hoping Conor knocks Diaz the F out!!
    Reply
    thanks man, you too! Hoping Conor knocks Diaz the F out!!
     
    eddiegray
    eddiegray
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 9602
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2016 - 9:31 PM ET #5

    Reply
     
    Crashdavis565
    Crashdavis565
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 15772
    Posted: Mar. 5, 2016 - 10:50 PM ET #6

    Reply
     
    J-MoneyMaker
    J-MoneyMaker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Mar. 8, 2016 - 4:59 PM ET #7

    UFC 196 Recap


    10 Unit Play
    H. Holm/M. Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor (-210)


    5 Unit Plays
    I. Latifi + C. McGregor (-110)
    V. Miranda + H. Holm/M. Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor/N. Diaz Under 5 Rds (-120)
    Latifi/Villante Under 3 Rds + Holm/Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor/N. Diaz Under 5 Rds (-115)
    E. Silva + C. McGregor (-125)
    I. Latifi ITD (+100)
    H. Holm/M. Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor ITD (-165)


    3 Unit Plays
    V. Miranda + H. Holm (-120)
    B. Thatch + H. Holm/M. Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor (-110)
    H. Holm + C. McGregor (-150)
    E. Silva ITD (-135)


    Overall Tonight: 1-10 (-58.9 units)

    2016 Record: 21-28 (-68.8 units)

    *All plays are made on a scale of 1-10 units


    My apologies for not doing a recap of UFC 196 sooner. I was out watching the fights, then gone all day Sunday. I was still in such shock on Monday, that I think I needed an extra day to really comprehend what I witnessed over the weekend lol. Like Conor, I'll face my adversity head on and take my loss like a man. Although I would have liked to just disappear forever lol. I guess I was foolish to think I could trust guys like Silva or Thatch to actually beat opponents that "should" beat. Favorable matchups and they both get destroyed. Time for the UFC to just cut them. Silva looked awful again now that he isn't pumped full of liquid hot magma. Thatch better get the KO early or he's dunzo. Looks like a fish out of water on the ground. Holly had that fight won (or a draw at worst), and she somehow manages to get her back taken. In the final minutes of the 5th round of your first title defense. The only way you could lose that fight and you allow it to happen. She obviously needs to continue working on that ground game.

    And last but not least....Diaz. You lucky s.o.b. What a disappointing ending to the night. Conor definitely won the 1st round and was winning the 2nd as well. Then he just completely gassed. And I mean it happened QUICK. He was putting everything into every shot, from the opening bell. I was thinking "here comes the KO sooner or later." But it never came. I knew Diaz could take a punch, but damn. Credit to Nate, he did put himself in some decent defensive situations where he kind of avoided some of the big power shots, or slipped just out of the way to limit the damage. But he also ate a ton of shots as well. I knew he had a chin and would be tough to put away, but I also assumed Conor would have more than 7 minutes of stamina if the fight lasted that long. I think Conor struggled a bit with the reach of Nate, that length, the fact that Nate didn't actually crumble like all of the smaller guys Conor has been knocking out. I think it caught him off guard a bit, and he essentially just punched himself out. Fun fight to watch, but I was obviously not happy with the outcome. I was extremely confident that Conor would pull off the easy W, even with some of the question marks coming in (jumping up in weight, Nate's height/reach, etc.). I didn't feel like Nate beat Conor, but more that Conor beat himself. Conor was winning the entire fight and busting Nate up on the feet. Nate does what he always does though....takes a punch, hangs in there, outlasts his opponent due to his cardio and toughness, and take advantage when the opportunity presents itself.

    Disappointing night all around. That one hurt. I'm not sure if I'll be posting any plays for the next UFC event. It's not like all of my write-ups and opinions were doing anyone any good lol. There's only 1 UFC event in the next 30 days basically. Maybe I'll be back in April. I'll definitely be big on Jon Jones at -320. I'm more confident in that fight than any fight I can remember in a long time. So maybe that's when I'll try to hop back in and try to recoup some losses. For now, I need a bit of a breather. That one hurt. Good luck on your future wagers!

    Reply
    UFC 196 Recap


    10 Unit Play
    H. Holm/M. Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor (-210)


    5 Unit Plays
    I. Latifi + C. McGregor (-110)
    V. Miranda + H. Holm/M. Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor/N. Diaz Under 5 Rds (-120)
    Latifi/Villante Under 3 Rds + Holm/Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor/N. Diaz Under 5 Rds (-115)
    E. Silva + C. McGregor (-125)
    I. Latifi ITD (+100)
    H. Holm/M. Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor ITD (-165)


    3 Unit Plays
    V. Miranda + H. Holm (-120)
    B. Thatch + H. Holm/M. Tate Start Round 2 + C. McGregor (-110)
    H. Holm + C. McGregor (-150)
    E. Silva ITD (-135)


    Overall Tonight: 1-10 (-58.9 units)

    2016 Record: 21-28 (-68.8 units)

    *All plays are made on a scale of 1-10 units


    My apologies for not doing a recap of UFC 196 sooner. I was out watching the fights, then gone all day Sunday. I was still in such shock on Monday, that I think I needed an extra day to really comprehend what I witnessed over the weekend lol. Like Conor, I'll face my adversity head on and take my loss like a man. Although I would have liked to just disappear forever lol. I guess I was foolish to think I could trust guys like Silva or Thatch to actually beat opponents that "should" beat. Favorable matchups and they both get destroyed. Time for the UFC to just cut them. Silva looked awful again now that he isn't pumped full of liquid hot magma. Thatch better get the KO early or he's dunzo. Looks like a fish out of water on the ground. Holly had that fight won (or a draw at worst), and she somehow manages to get her back taken. In the final minutes of the 5th round of your first title defense. The only way you could lose that fight and you allow it to happen. She obviously needs to continue working on that ground game.

    And last but not least....Diaz. You lucky s.o.b. What a disappointing ending to the night. Conor definitely won the 1st round and was winning the 2nd as well. Then he just completely gassed. And I mean it happened QUICK. He was putting everything into every shot, from the opening bell. I was thinking "here comes the KO sooner or later." But it never came. I knew Diaz could take a punch, but damn. Credit to Nate, he did put himself in some decent defensive situations where he kind of avoided some of the big power shots, or slipped just out of the way to limit the damage. But he also ate a ton of shots as well. I knew he had a chin and would be tough to put away, but I also assumed Conor would have more than 7 minutes of stamina if the fight lasted that long. I think Conor struggled a bit with the reach of Nate, that length, the fact that Nate didn't actually crumble like all of the smaller guys Conor has been knocking out. I think it caught him off guard a bit, and he essentially just punched himself out. Fun fight to watch, but I was obviously not happy with the outcome. I was extremely confident that Conor would pull off the easy W, even with some of the question marks coming in (jumping up in weight, Nate's height/reach, etc.). I didn't feel like Nate beat Conor, but more that Conor beat himself. Conor was winning the entire fight and busting Nate up on the feet. Nate does what he always does though....takes a punch, hangs in there, outlasts his opponent due to his cardio and toughness, and take advantage when the opportunity presents itself.

    Disappointing night all around. That one hurt. I'm not sure if I'll be posting any plays for the next UFC event. It's not like all of my write-ups and opinions were doing anyone any good lol. There's only 1 UFC event in the next 30 days basically. Maybe I'll be back in April. I'll definitely be big on Jon Jones at -320. I'm more confident in that fight than any fight I can remember in a long time. So maybe that's when I'll try to hop back in and try to recoup some losses. For now, I need a bit of a breather. That one hurt. Good luck on your future wagers!

     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Mar. 8, 2016 - 6:45 PM ET #8

    Can't believe you didn't have McGregor/Diaz ITD anywhere???
    Reply
    Can't believe you didn't have McGregor/Diaz ITD anywhere???
     
    J-MoneyMaker
    J-MoneyMaker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2016 - 12:15 AM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Can't believe you didn't have McGregor/Diaz ITD anywhere???


    I had them in 2 of my plays if you look a bit closer. In fact, the ONLY play I had that won, involved McGregor/Diaz ITD. The other one lost because for some reason, Latifi decided to be the most tentative I've ever seen him on the feet and never unloaded on Villante. I also had a 3rd bet that had McGregor specifically winning ITD, but that obviously didn't happen. I was confident the fight wouldn't go the full 5, but I was more confident in McGregor winning. Part of me felt like there was a better chance that Diaz somehow survived a 5-round beating more than Diaz taking Conor out. I didn't think Diaz stood a chance of winning that fight
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    Can't believe you didn't have McGregor/Diaz ITD anywhere???


    I had them in 2 of my plays if you look a bit closer. In fact, the ONLY play I had that won, involved McGregor/Diaz ITD. The other one lost because for some reason, Latifi decided to be the most tentative I've ever seen him on the feet and never unloaded on Villante. I also had a 3rd bet that had McGregor specifically winning ITD, but that obviously didn't happen. I was confident the fight wouldn't go the full 5, but I was more confident in McGregor winning. Part of me felt like there was a better chance that Diaz somehow survived a 5-round beating more than Diaz taking Conor out. I didn't think Diaz stood a chance of winning that fight
     
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2016 - 2:01 AM ET #10

    [Quote: Originally Posted by J-MoneyMaker]

    I had them in 2 of my plays if you look a bit closer. In fact, the ONLY play I had that won, involved McGregor/Diaz ITD. The other one lost because for some reason, Latifi decided to be the most tentative I've ever seen him on the feet and never unloaded on Villante. I also had a 3rd bet that had McGregor specifically winning ITD, but that obviously didn't happen. I was confident the fight wouldn't go the full 5, but I was more confident in McGregor winning. Part of me felt like there was a better chance that Diaz somehow survived a 5-round beating more than Diaz taking Conor out. I didn't think Diaz stood a chance of winning that fight
    [/Qu

    Oh ok misread it then. With Diaz not standing a chance, that sounded like the ten drunk guys at the bar Friday night!!!!!!!!!! Made me rethink what I had typed in another thread two weeks ago.
    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by J-MoneyMaker]

    I had them in 2 of my plays if you look a bit closer. In fact, the ONLY play I had that won, involved McGregor/Diaz ITD. The other one lost because for some reason, Latifi decided to be the most tentative I've ever seen him on the feet and never unloaded on Villante. I also had a 3rd bet that had McGregor specifically winning ITD, but that obviously didn't happen. I was confident the fight wouldn't go the full 5, but I was more confident in McGregor winning. Part of me felt like there was a better chance that Diaz somehow survived a 5-round beating more than Diaz taking Conor out. I didn't think Diaz stood a chance of winning that fight
    [/Qu

    Oh ok misread it then. With Diaz not standing a chance, that sounded like the ten drunk guys at the bar Friday night!!!!!!!!!! Made me rethink what I had typed in another thread two weeks ago.
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,259
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,230
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 633
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,432
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,604
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,190
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 109
    • Trump's legacy? 32,958
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,108

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.