• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    UFC 182

    12 Next Last»
    OnTheO
    sawman
    NeverMind
    MMAwizard
    sharpstick
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2463
    Posts: 43
    12 Next Last»
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2014 - 8:28 PM ET #1

    39-28 +18.5

    The most anticipated, the most hyped, the most interesting fight ever. 9 men in UFC, Pride, WEC or Strikeforce history have ever won 10 in a row. This is the first fight that matches 2 of them.

    I lean Cormier. I don't think Jon will be able to handle DC's strength, his clinch, his power. It's not often that Bones KOs or even stumbles his opponents. I think DC pushes his forehead into Jon's chest and trips, lifts, and drops Jones over and over again. Cormier wins by decision and the fight is replayed sometime early next summer, IMO. I think Jon loses that fight as well and moves to HW, but that's pretty long-term speculation.

    Anyway, what do you guys think?
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    39-28 +18.5

    The most anticipated, the most hyped, the most interesting fight ever. 9 men in UFC, Pride, WEC or Strikeforce history have ever won 10 in a row. This is the first fight that matches 2 of them.

    I lean Cormier. I don't think Jon will be able to handle DC's strength, his clinch, his power. It's not often that Bones KOs or even stumbles his opponents. I think DC pushes his forehead into Jon's chest and trips, lifts, and drops Jones over and over again. Cormier wins by decision and the fight is replayed sometime early next summer, IMO. I think Jon loses that fight as well and moves to HW, but that's pretty long-term speculation.

    Anyway, what do you guys think?
     
    sawman
    sawman
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 5100
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2014 - 9:01 PM ET #2

    I don't think jones moves to HW

    It's an intriguing and tough fight to call
    Reply
    I don't think jones moves to HW

    It's an intriguing and tough fight to call
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2014 - 10:12 PM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by sawman:

    I don't think jones moves to HWIt's an intriguing and tough fight to call


    What do you think if DC beats Bones twice? Does he fight the top ten at LHW? Super fights? He's not much smaller than Cain, Fabricio, Brendan, Nog and has a long reach. I just think he'll want another crack at a title and LHW will be unlikely. These are big assumptions, but...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sawman:

    I don't think jones moves to HWIt's an intriguing and tough fight to call


    What do you think if DC beats Bones twice? Does he fight the top ten at LHW? Super fights? He's not much smaller than Cain, Fabricio, Brendan, Nog and has a long reach. I just think he'll want another crack at a title and LHW will be unlikely. These are big assumptions, but...
     
    NeverMind
    NeverMind
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 3060
    Posted: Dec. 23, 2014 - 2:34 AM ET #4

    Cormier will take the LHW title and possibly move back up to get the HW title if Cain can't stay healthy. 
    Reply
    Cormier will take the LHW title and possibly move back up to get the HW title if Cain can't stay healthy. 
     
    MMAwizard
    MMAwizard
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 220
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2014 - 10:45 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    39-28 +18.5

    The most anticipated, the most hyped, the most interesting fight ever. 9 men in UFC, Pride, WEC or Strikeforce history have ever won 10 in a row. This is the first fight that matches 2 of them.

    I lean Cormier. I don't think Jon will be able to handle DC's strength, his clinch, his power. It's not often that Bones KOs or even stumbles his opponents. I think DC pushes his forehead into Jon's chest and trips, lifts, and drops Jones over and over again. Cormier wins by decision and the fight is replayed sometime early next summer, IMO. I think Jon loses that fight as well and moves to HW, but that's pretty long-term speculation.

    Anyway, what do you guys think?

    The knee injury that cormier has worries me. I think he should have gotten it repaired instead of being afraid his spot would be taken once he came back.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    39-28 +18.5

    The most anticipated, the most hyped, the most interesting fight ever. 9 men in UFC, Pride, WEC or Strikeforce history have ever won 10 in a row. This is the first fight that matches 2 of them.

    I lean Cormier. I don't think Jon will be able to handle DC's strength, his clinch, his power. It's not often that Bones KOs or even stumbles his opponents. I think DC pushes his forehead into Jon's chest and trips, lifts, and drops Jones over and over again. Cormier wins by decision and the fight is replayed sometime early next summer, IMO. I think Jon loses that fight as well and moves to HW, but that's pretty long-term speculation.

    Anyway, what do you guys think?

    The knee injury that cormier has worries me. I think he should have gotten it repaired instead of being afraid his spot would be taken once he came back.

     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2014 - 12:37 AM ET #6

    I'd be surprised if Jones is wrestled to death.

    https://imgur.com/a/9N4PV

    Great gifs of Jones arsenal of takedowns.
    Reply
    I'd be surprised if Jones is wrestled to death.

    https://imgur.com/a/9N4PV

    Great gifs of Jones arsenal of takedowns.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2014 - 9:02 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:

    I'd be surprised if Jones is wrestled to death.https://imgur.com/a/9N4PVGreat gifs of Jones arsenal of takedowns.


    He also got taken down several times by Gus.

    But more importantly, Cormier is in the top 5 of mma wrestlers on the planet. If Jon attempts judo throws, which naturally put you out of position, that would be great for Cormier.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:

    I'd be surprised if Jones is wrestled to death.https://imgur.com/a/9N4PVGreat gifs of Jones arsenal of takedowns.


    He also got taken down several times by Gus.

    But more importantly, Cormier is in the top 5 of mma wrestlers on the planet. If Jon attempts judo throws, which naturally put you out of position, that would be great for Cormier.
     
    sawman
    sawman
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 5100
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2014 - 10:39 AM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by MMAwizard:

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    39-28 +18.5The most anticipated, the most hyped, the most interesting fight ever. 9 men in UFC, Pride, WEC or Strikeforce history have ever won 10 in a row. This is the first fight that matches 2 of them. I lean Cormier. I don't think Jon will be able to handle DC's strength, his clinch, his power. It's not often that Bones KOs or even stumbles his opponents. I think DC pushes his forehead into Jon's chest and trips, lifts, and drops Jones over and over again. Cormier wins by decision and the fight is replayed sometime early next summer, IMO. I think Jon loses that fight as well and moves to HW, but that's pretty long-term speculation. Anyway, what do you guys think?

    The knee injury that cormier has worries me. I think he should have gotten it repaired instead of being afraid his spot would be taken once he came back.

    I assume this is mma wizard from tapology. I have been checking your pics there for a long time. Nice to see you in this forum
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAwizard:

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    39-28 +18.5The most anticipated, the most hyped, the most interesting fight ever. 9 men in UFC, Pride, WEC or Strikeforce history have ever won 10 in a row. This is the first fight that matches 2 of them. I lean Cormier. I don't think Jon will be able to handle DC's strength, his clinch, his power. It's not often that Bones KOs or even stumbles his opponents. I think DC pushes his forehead into Jon's chest and trips, lifts, and drops Jones over and over again. Cormier wins by decision and the fight is replayed sometime early next summer, IMO. I think Jon loses that fight as well and moves to HW, but that's pretty long-term speculation. Anyway, what do you guys think?

    The knee injury that cormier has worries me. I think he should have gotten it repaired instead of being afraid his spot would be taken once he came back.

    I assume this is mma wizard from tapology. I have been checking your pics there for a long time. Nice to see you in this forum
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2014 - 11:25 AM ET #9

    MMAWiz is a great contributor. He's always got a nugget or two for me to ponder.

    That being said, I'm less worried about DC's injury and more worried about Cain's. Not having the best training partner in the world to help you prepare for the biggest fight in your life can't help. Good thing Rockhold has been healthy and not getting ready for a fight. Luke is pretty comparable to Bones as well, as far as stand-up styles are concerned.
    Reply
    MMAWiz is a great contributor. He's always got a nugget or two for me to ponder.

    That being said, I'm less worried about DC's injury and more worried about Cain's. Not having the best training partner in the world to help you prepare for the biggest fight in your life can't help. Good thing Rockhold has been healthy and not getting ready for a fight. Luke is pretty comparable to Bones as well, as far as stand-up styles are concerned.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2014 - 11:45 AM ET #10

    Talked to a guy from my hometown who was training out in New Mexico before Christmas. You'd be amazed at what he told me goes on at these camps!!!!!!
    Reply
    Talked to a guy from my hometown who was training out in New Mexico before Christmas. You'd be amazed at what he told me goes on at these camps!!!!!!
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2014 - 12:03 PM ET #11

    Okay, more leans:

    Cerrone -200 over Jury
    I like Jury, but this is way too much way too soon, IMO. The jump from Diego and Gomi to a guy like Cowboy is huge. I think Cowboy weathers the early storm and dominates the final 2 rounds, possibly catching Myles. The fan in me hopes Jury comes out looking great and Cowboy battles back for a FOTN type performance.

    Paul Felder +200 over Danny Castillo
    Paul will have the decided technical striking edge and is great at escaping off his back. I think Danny tries to find that one shot all night and Paul picks him apart. Paul has a similar win over Julian "Let me bang bro" Lane.

    Dunham/Damm goes to decision -170
    Both guys prefer sub finishes and are both great sub defenders as well. Neither has a huge striking advantage, although I lean Dunham to win all 3 rounds. Dunham's last 6 opponents: Barboza, Cerrone, RDA, Tibau, TJ Grant, Nik Lentz. Who did he piss off?

    Brimage/Garbrandt doesn't go to decision -120
    Garbrandt is aggressive. I wouldn't be surprised if he KOs Brimage, but he's not one of those cats that is just gonna get out experienced to a decision loss. He's never been in there with someone as experienced as Brimage, but he didn't fight cans on his way to 5-0 either - all of his past opponents are at least .500 - and he's 5-0 with 5 KO/TKOs. The kid has a chance to be a future star. I'd pick him straight up, but I like this prop a tad better.

    Lombard ITD -135 over Burkman
    I like Josh and he's done pretty well lately, but this is too much for him right now. Lombard is truly a top 5 WW talent and I would favor him over all of them except Rory (thats his worst style match-up), including Johny, Robbie, T-Wood, Condit and Brown.

    I may have a few more - we'll see. Good luck
    Reply
    Okay, more leans:

    Cerrone -200 over Jury
    I like Jury, but this is way too much way too soon, IMO. The jump from Diego and Gomi to a guy like Cowboy is huge. I think Cowboy weathers the early storm and dominates the final 2 rounds, possibly catching Myles. The fan in me hopes Jury comes out looking great and Cowboy battles back for a FOTN type performance.

    Paul Felder +200 over Danny Castillo
    Paul will have the decided technical striking edge and is great at escaping off his back. I think Danny tries to find that one shot all night and Paul picks him apart. Paul has a similar win over Julian "Let me bang bro" Lane.

    Dunham/Damm goes to decision -170
    Both guys prefer sub finishes and are both great sub defenders as well. Neither has a huge striking advantage, although I lean Dunham to win all 3 rounds. Dunham's last 6 opponents: Barboza, Cerrone, RDA, Tibau, TJ Grant, Nik Lentz. Who did he piss off?

    Brimage/Garbrandt doesn't go to decision -120
    Garbrandt is aggressive. I wouldn't be surprised if he KOs Brimage, but he's not one of those cats that is just gonna get out experienced to a decision loss. He's never been in there with someone as experienced as Brimage, but he didn't fight cans on his way to 5-0 either - all of his past opponents are at least .500 - and he's 5-0 with 5 KO/TKOs. The kid has a chance to be a future star. I'd pick him straight up, but I like this prop a tad better.

    Lombard ITD -135 over Burkman
    I like Josh and he's done pretty well lately, but this is too much for him right now. Lombard is truly a top 5 WW talent and I would favor him over all of them except Rory (thats his worst style match-up), including Johny, Robbie, T-Wood, Condit and Brown.

    I may have a few more - we'll see. Good luck
     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2014 - 2:44 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:



    He also got taken down several times by Gus.

    But more importantly, Cormier is in the top 5 of mma wrestlers on the planet. If Jon attempts judo throws, which naturally put you out of position, that would be great for Cormier.

    That's too simple of a way to look at it.  That's like saying since Kevin Burns submitted a black belt in Roan Carneiro back in the day, he would submit any other fighter he fought that was not as good at BJJ as Roan.  Which was basically everyone else he fought.

    It's much easier to prepare for takedowns from a wrestler, as opposed to takedowns from Gustaffson.  There is an element of surprise with one, and not for the other.

    I think you're sadly mistaken if you believe Cormier will simply lay on top of Jones for 3 of 5 rounds.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:



    He also got taken down several times by Gus.

    But more importantly, Cormier is in the top 5 of mma wrestlers on the planet. If Jon attempts judo throws, which naturally put you out of position, that would be great for Cormier.

    That's too simple of a way to look at it.  That's like saying since Kevin Burns submitted a black belt in Roan Carneiro back in the day, he would submit any other fighter he fought that was not as good at BJJ as Roan.  Which was basically everyone else he fought.

    It's much easier to prepare for takedowns from a wrestler, as opposed to takedowns from Gustaffson.  There is an element of surprise with one, and not for the other.

    I think you're sadly mistaken if you believe Cormier will simply lay on top of Jones for 3 of 5 rounds.
     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2014 - 2:53 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    That's too simple of a way to look at it.  That's like saying since Kevin Burns submitted a black belt in Roan Carneiro back in the day, he would submit any other fighter he fought that was not as good at BJJ as Roan.  Which was basically everyone else he fought.

    It's much easier to prepare for takedowns from a wrestler, as opposed to takedowns from Gustaffson.  There is an element of surprise with one, and not for the other.

    I think you're sadly mistaken if you believe Cormier will simply lay on top of Jones for 3 of 5 rounds.

    With that said, I am not betting this fight.  I think a case can be made for both fighters to get their hand raised.  But Cormier laying on Jones for 3 of 5 rounds is not a possibility I see happening.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    That's too simple of a way to look at it.  That's like saying since Kevin Burns submitted a black belt in Roan Carneiro back in the day, he would submit any other fighter he fought that was not as good at BJJ as Roan.  Which was basically everyone else he fought.

    It's much easier to prepare for takedowns from a wrestler, as opposed to takedowns from Gustaffson.  There is an element of surprise with one, and not for the other.

    I think you're sadly mistaken if you believe Cormier will simply lay on top of Jones for 3 of 5 rounds.

    With that said, I am not betting this fight.  I think a case can be made for both fighters to get their hand raised.  But Cormier laying on Jones for 3 of 5 rounds is not a possibility I see happening.


     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2014 - 3:18 PM ET #14

    I don't think DC will lay on him for 3 of 5 rounds either. And I also agree that Gus's takedowns being unexpected helped. But I do think DC will score takedowns which will win rounds and he will control the clinch on the edge of the cage which will win rounds.

    I also think he will test Jon's chin. After all, he KO'd Bigfoot, which is something Mark Hunt couldn't do in 25 minutes of his best shots (btw, mark hunt vs Bigfoot is a great fight if anyone hasn't seen it). I know that's very anecdotal which is what I did above with Gus's takedowns lol.

    There's just many more ways to win for DC. Usually when Jon fights, he has an incredible striking, strength, clinch and wrestling advantage. In this fight, he's a better striker at range and that's about it, IMO.

    Also, if anyone has 20 minutes and isn't tired of videos surrounding this fight, this is a good one:

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CsT_cJCJi-0
    Reply
    I don't think DC will lay on him for 3 of 5 rounds either. And I also agree that Gus's takedowns being unexpected helped. But I do think DC will score takedowns which will win rounds and he will control the clinch on the edge of the cage which will win rounds.

    I also think he will test Jon's chin. After all, he KO'd Bigfoot, which is something Mark Hunt couldn't do in 25 minutes of his best shots (btw, mark hunt vs Bigfoot is a great fight if anyone hasn't seen it). I know that's very anecdotal which is what I did above with Gus's takedowns lol.

    There's just many more ways to win for DC. Usually when Jon fights, he has an incredible striking, strength, clinch and wrestling advantage. In this fight, he's a better striker at range and that's about it, IMO.

    Also, if anyone has 20 minutes and isn't tired of videos surrounding this fight, this is a good one:

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CsT_cJCJi-0
     
    MMAwizard
    MMAwizard
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 220
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2014 - 8:57 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    That's too simple of a way to look at it.  That's like saying since Kevin Burns submitted a black belt in Roan Carneiro back in the day, he would submit any other fighter he fought that was not as good at BJJ as Roan.  Which was basically everyone else he fought.

    It's much easier to prepare for takedowns from a wrestler, as opposed to takedowns from Gustaffson.  There is an element of surprise with one, and not for the other.

    I think you're sadly mistaken if you believe Cormier will simply lay on top of Jones for 3 of 5 rounds.

    If you think its easier to prepare for the takedowns of guf compared to dc, you should to back and check dc fights, He his one of the best in his diversity for takedowns. And fighting dc on the feet his not easy either. its a little bit like fighting cain , he charge with one to three punch and then clinch , then drops down for a takedown , if you defend well he switch to a couple of uppercuts and when you come back to defend those he goes back for a takedown. its a nightmare. if dc would be healty, I would be putting a lot on that fight

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    That's too simple of a way to look at it.  That's like saying since Kevin Burns submitted a black belt in Roan Carneiro back in the day, he would submit any other fighter he fought that was not as good at BJJ as Roan.  Which was basically everyone else he fought.

    It's much easier to prepare for takedowns from a wrestler, as opposed to takedowns from Gustaffson.  There is an element of surprise with one, and not for the other.

    I think you're sadly mistaken if you believe Cormier will simply lay on top of Jones for 3 of 5 rounds.

    If you think its easier to prepare for the takedowns of guf compared to dc, you should to back and check dc fights, He his one of the best in his diversity for takedowns. And fighting dc on the feet his not easy either. its a little bit like fighting cain , he charge with one to three punch and then clinch , then drops down for a takedown , if you defend well he switch to a couple of uppercuts and when you come back to defend those he goes back for a takedown. its a nightmare. if dc would be healty, I would be putting a lot on that fight

     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2014 - 11:22 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by MMAwizard:

    If you think its easier to prepare for the takedowns of guf compared to dc, you should to back and check dc fights, He his one of the best in his diversity for takedowns. And fighting dc on the feet his not easy either. its a little bit like fighting cain , he charge with one to three punch and then clinch , then drops down for a takedown , if you defend well he switch to a couple of uppercuts and when you come back to defend those he goes back for a takedown. its a nightmare. if dc would be healty, I would be putting a lot on that fight


    It is easier to prepare for takedowns, when you are preparing for a wrestler.  That is pretty much common sense, seeing as that is exactly what you are preparing for.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAwizard:

    If you think its easier to prepare for the takedowns of guf compared to dc, you should to back and check dc fights, He his one of the best in his diversity for takedowns. And fighting dc on the feet his not easy either. its a little bit like fighting cain , he charge with one to three punch and then clinch , then drops down for a takedown , if you defend well he switch to a couple of uppercuts and when you come back to defend those he goes back for a takedown. its a nightmare. if dc would be healty, I would be putting a lot on that fight


    It is easier to prepare for takedowns, when you are preparing for a wrestler.  That is pretty much common sense, seeing as that is exactly what you are preparing for.
     
    MMAwizard
    MMAwizard
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 220
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 3:01 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    It is easier to prepare for takedowns, when you are preparing for a wrestler.  That is pretty much common sense, seeing as that is exactly what you are preparing for.

    dc has never been dominated by anyone on the feet , in fact its the opposite , so to put him in a pure wrestler category his a wrong assumption . And what dc does best ( like cain ) his the grind , they win every minutes of every round in the clinch because they are the best at it.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:


    It is easier to prepare for takedowns, when you are preparing for a wrestler.  That is pretty much common sense, seeing as that is exactly what you are preparing for.

    dc has never been dominated by anyone on the feet , in fact its the opposite , so to put him in a pure wrestler category his a wrong assumption . And what dc does best ( like cain ) his the grind , they win every minutes of every round in the clinch because they are the best at it.

     
    ParlayJoe17
    ParlayJoe17
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 272
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 2:47 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Okay, more leans:

    Cerrone -200 over Jury
    I like Jury, but this is way too much way too soon, IMO. The jump from Diego and Gomi to a guy like Cowboy is huge. I think Cowboy weathers the early storm and dominates the final 2 rounds, possibly catching Myles. The fan in me hopes Jury comes out looking great and Cowboy battles back for a FOTN type performance.

    Paul Felder +200 over Danny Castillo
    Paul will have the decided technical striking edge and is great at escaping off his back. I think Danny tries to find that one shot all night and Paul picks him apart. Paul has a similar win over Julian "Let me bang bro" Lane.

    Dunham/Damm goes to decision -170
    Both guys prefer sub finishes and are both great sub defenders as well. Neither has a huge striking advantage, although I lean Dunham to win all 3 rounds. Dunham's last 6 opponents: Barboza, Cerrone, RDA, Tibau, TJ Grant, Nik Lentz. Who did he piss off?

    Brimage/Garbrandt doesn't go to decision -120
    Garbrandt is aggressive. I wouldn't be surprised if he KOs Brimage, but he's not one of those cats that is just gonna get out experienced to a decision loss. He's never been in there with someone as experienced as Brimage, but he didn't fight cans on his way to 5-0 either - all of his past opponents are at least .500 - and he's 5-0 with 5 KO/TKOs. The kid has a chance to be a future star. I'd pick him straight up, but I like this prop a tad better.

    Lombard ITD -135 over Burkman
    I like Josh and he's done pretty well lately, but this is too much for him right now. Lombard is truly a top 5 WW talent and I would favor him over all of them except Rory (thats his worst style match-up), including Johny, Robbie, T-Wood, Condit and Brown.

    I may have a few more - we'll see. Good luck

    Thanks for breaking down some of the lower-tier fights on the card.  I'm not afraid to straight copy some plays, and I might do so here.  I am going against you though on Jury.  Myles just seems really adaptable and smart and +170 looks okay to me.  I know Cowboy's a wrecking ball and is very dangerous but I just think Jury might have him where Cowboy is weakest - the mental game.  That being said, almost no one not named Pettis can beat up Cowboy in a kickboxing match, so Myles better not play around there for long.  I think Myles has a decent chance of taking it to the ground and winning the fight there by decision or whatever.  Not really sure how great his wrestling truly is, but remember how dominant he was over Michael Johnson on the ground.

    Bones-Cormier:  I remember you saying you were going with Cormier and I am too.  It is probably somewhat because I WANT him to win, which is always very dangerous when you are betting.  Cormier will have to move forward and be on him from bell to bell.  It really bothers me when one fighter obviously has to close the distance to win and doesn't (Dolloway the other day).  I think Cormier is smart enough to know his best chance and will employ it.  It will be interesting to see if it works and he can win the fight.

    So it's two underdogs and maybe a few tails off your other plays for me.

     

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Okay, more leans:

    Cerrone -200 over Jury
    I like Jury, but this is way too much way too soon, IMO. The jump from Diego and Gomi to a guy like Cowboy is huge. I think Cowboy weathers the early storm and dominates the final 2 rounds, possibly catching Myles. The fan in me hopes Jury comes out looking great and Cowboy battles back for a FOTN type performance.

    Paul Felder +200 over Danny Castillo
    Paul will have the decided technical striking edge and is great at escaping off his back. I think Danny tries to find that one shot all night and Paul picks him apart. Paul has a similar win over Julian "Let me bang bro" Lane.

    Dunham/Damm goes to decision -170
    Both guys prefer sub finishes and are both great sub defenders as well. Neither has a huge striking advantage, although I lean Dunham to win all 3 rounds. Dunham's last 6 opponents: Barboza, Cerrone, RDA, Tibau, TJ Grant, Nik Lentz. Who did he piss off?

    Brimage/Garbrandt doesn't go to decision -120
    Garbrandt is aggressive. I wouldn't be surprised if he KOs Brimage, but he's not one of those cats that is just gonna get out experienced to a decision loss. He's never been in there with someone as experienced as Brimage, but he didn't fight cans on his way to 5-0 either - all of his past opponents are at least .500 - and he's 5-0 with 5 KO/TKOs. The kid has a chance to be a future star. I'd pick him straight up, but I like this prop a tad better.

    Lombard ITD -135 over Burkman
    I like Josh and he's done pretty well lately, but this is too much for him right now. Lombard is truly a top 5 WW talent and I would favor him over all of them except Rory (thats his worst style match-up), including Johny, Robbie, T-Wood, Condit and Brown.

    I may have a few more - we'll see. Good luck

    Thanks for breaking down some of the lower-tier fights on the card.  I'm not afraid to straight copy some plays, and I might do so here.  I am going against you though on Jury.  Myles just seems really adaptable and smart and +170 looks okay to me.  I know Cowboy's a wrecking ball and is very dangerous but I just think Jury might have him where Cowboy is weakest - the mental game.  That being said, almost no one not named Pettis can beat up Cowboy in a kickboxing match, so Myles better not play around there for long.  I think Myles has a decent chance of taking it to the ground and winning the fight there by decision or whatever.  Not really sure how great his wrestling truly is, but remember how dominant he was over Michael Johnson on the ground.

    Bones-Cormier:  I remember you saying you were going with Cormier and I am too.  It is probably somewhat because I WANT him to win, which is always very dangerous when you are betting.  Cormier will have to move forward and be on him from bell to bell.  It really bothers me when one fighter obviously has to close the distance to win and doesn't (Dolloway the other day).  I think Cormier is smart enough to know his best chance and will employ it.  It will be interesting to see if it works and he can win the fight.

    So it's two underdogs and maybe a few tails off your other plays for me.

     

     

     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2014 - 6:39 PM ET #19

    Like I always say Joe - "I've been wrong before".

    You're right, Myles was really impressive in that Michael Johnson fight. Mainly, he was smart in making it a grappling match. I just think this is a bit too much. I wish we could see him with Jorge Masvidal or Josh Thompson or Bobby Green first - somewhere in between the Diego Sanchez/Takanori Gomi level and the very top, other than Johnson. IMO, Cowboy has better striking, Jiu jitsu and TDD than anyone Myles has ever faced. If Cerrone can stuff him early, I don't see Myles winning a kickboxing battle. Anyway, good luck and enjoy the fights!
    Reply
    Like I always say Joe - "I've been wrong before".

    You're right, Myles was really impressive in that Michael Johnson fight. Mainly, he was smart in making it a grappling match. I just think this is a bit too much. I wish we could see him with Jorge Masvidal or Josh Thompson or Bobby Green first - somewhere in between the Diego Sanchez/Takanori Gomi level and the very top, other than Johnson. IMO, Cowboy has better striking, Jiu jitsu and TDD than anyone Myles has ever faced. If Cerrone can stuff him early, I don't see Myles winning a kickboxing battle. Anyway, good luck and enjoy the fights!
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2014 - 2:25 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Okay, more leans:

    Cerrone -200 over Jury
    I like Jury, but this is way too much way too soon, IMO. The jump from Diego and Gomi to a guy like Cowboy is huge. I think Cowboy weathers the early storm and dominates the final 2 rounds, possibly catching Myles. The fan in me hopes Jury comes out looking great and Cowboy battles back for a FOTN type performance.

    Paul Felder +200 over Danny Castillo
    Paul will have the decided technical striking edge and is great at escaping off his back. I think Danny tries to find that one shot all night and Paul picks him apart. Paul has a similar win over Julian "Let me bang bro" Lane.

    Dunham/Damm goes to decision -170
    Both guys prefer sub finishes and are both great sub defenders as well. Neither has a huge striking advantage, although I lean Dunham to win all 3 rounds. Dunham's last 6 opponents: Barboza, Cerrone, RDA, Tibau, TJ Grant, Nik Lentz. Who did he piss off?

    Brimage/Garbrandt doesn't go to decision -120
    Garbrandt is aggressive. I wouldn't be surprised if he KOs Brimage, but he's not one of those cats that is just gonna get out experienced to a decision loss. He's never been in there with someone as experienced as Brimage, but he didn't fight cans on his way to 5-0 either - all of his past opponents are at least .500 - and he's 5-0 with 5 KO/TKOs. The kid has a chance to be a future star. I'd pick him straight up, but I like this prop a tad better.

    Lombard ITD -135 over Burkman
    I like Josh and he's done pretty well lately, but this is too much for him right now. Lombard is truly a top 5 WW talent and I would favor him over all of them except Rory (thats his worst style match-up), including Johny, Robbie, T-Wood, Condit and Brown.

    I may have a few more - we'll see. Good luck


    Did you lock your plays in yet O or waiting till Saturday??????
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Okay, more leans:

    Cerrone -200 over Jury
    I like Jury, but this is way too much way too soon, IMO. The jump from Diego and Gomi to a guy like Cowboy is huge. I think Cowboy weathers the early storm and dominates the final 2 rounds, possibly catching Myles. The fan in me hopes Jury comes out looking great and Cowboy battles back for a FOTN type performance.

    Paul Felder +200 over Danny Castillo
    Paul will have the decided technical striking edge and is great at escaping off his back. I think Danny tries to find that one shot all night and Paul picks him apart. Paul has a similar win over Julian "Let me bang bro" Lane.

    Dunham/Damm goes to decision -170
    Both guys prefer sub finishes and are both great sub defenders as well. Neither has a huge striking advantage, although I lean Dunham to win all 3 rounds. Dunham's last 6 opponents: Barboza, Cerrone, RDA, Tibau, TJ Grant, Nik Lentz. Who did he piss off?

    Brimage/Garbrandt doesn't go to decision -120
    Garbrandt is aggressive. I wouldn't be surprised if he KOs Brimage, but he's not one of those cats that is just gonna get out experienced to a decision loss. He's never been in there with someone as experienced as Brimage, but he didn't fight cans on his way to 5-0 either - all of his past opponents are at least .500 - and he's 5-0 with 5 KO/TKOs. The kid has a chance to be a future star. I'd pick him straight up, but I like this prop a tad better.

    Lombard ITD -135 over Burkman
    I like Josh and he's done pretty well lately, but this is too much for him right now. Lombard is truly a top 5 WW talent and I would favor him over all of them except Rory (thats his worst style match-up), including Johny, Robbie, T-Wood, Condit and Brown.

    I may have a few more - we'll see. Good luck


    Did you lock your plays in yet O or waiting till Saturday??????
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2014 - 2:58 PM ET #21

    I always wait until Friday/Saturday. I try to see the weigh-ins first if possible.
    Reply
    I always wait until Friday/Saturday. I try to see the weigh-ins first if possible.
     
    whipton
    whipton
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 2823
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2014 - 3:49 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

     

    Paul has a similar win over Julian "Let me bang bro" Lane.

     

    lol wut ?!!!??? did you just compare "let me bang" to castilo ?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

     

    Paul has a similar win over Julian "Let me bang bro" Lane.

     

    lol wut ?!!!??? did you just compare "let me bang" to castilo ?
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2014 - 5:26 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by whipton:

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Paul has a similar win over Julian "Let me bang bro" Lane. 
    lol wut ?!!!??? did you just compare "let me bang" to castilo ?


    Haha...I was hoping someone would catch that.

    Castillo is much better, but I think the result and game plan will be similar. Castillo seems to wing his punches with his head down or chin up similar to Lane. He's a better wrestler than Paul, similar to Lane. And he swings from the hip with bad intentions, similar to Lane.

    The UFC Lightweight division is a tough division for a guy like Paul because there are a lot of bad match-ups for him the further he moves up, but Castillo's style will be his best chance.

    Let's also remember that Castillo is not some world beater. 5 of his last 6 wins are against guys no longer in the ufc.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by whipton:

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    Paul has a similar win over Julian "Let me bang bro" Lane. 
    lol wut ?!!!??? did you just compare "let me bang" to castilo ?


    Haha...I was hoping someone would catch that.

    Castillo is much better, but I think the result and game plan will be similar. Castillo seems to wing his punches with his head down or chin up similar to Lane. He's a better wrestler than Paul, similar to Lane. And he swings from the hip with bad intentions, similar to Lane.

    The UFC Lightweight division is a tough division for a guy like Paul because there are a lot of bad match-ups for him the further he moves up, but Castillo's style will be his best chance.

    Let's also remember that Castillo is not some world beater. 5 of his last 6 wins are against guys no longer in the ufc.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2014 - 7:54 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    I always wait until Friday/Saturday. I try to see the weigh-ins first if possible.

    Me too, I'm just reading the hub- bub from guys on here.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheO:

    I always wait until Friday/Saturday. I try to see the weigh-ins first if possible.

    Me too, I'm just reading the hub- bub from guys on here.
     
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Jan. 2, 2015 - 7:20 PM ET #25

    Reply
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,280
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,462
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,668
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,257
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 122
    • Trump's legacy? 32,960
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,142
    • Trump lies so much. 22,910

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.