• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    Thatch/Bendo price

    12 Next Last»
    sharpstick
    JimGunn
    MrWonderful
    sawman
    OnTheO
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1991
    Posts: 42
    12 Next Last»
     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Feb. 2, 2015 - 7:20 PM ET #1

    This is a fight I would've had a difficult time making.  Bendo moving up on short notice to fight a much bigger Thatch, who is a great prospect.

    But, it looks like it opened around -125, and has since moved up quickly.

    This is a very interesting fight.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    This is a fight I would've had a difficult time making.  Bendo moving up on short notice to fight a much bigger Thatch, who is a great prospect.

    But, it looks like it opened around -125, and has since moved up quickly.

    This is a very interesting fight.
     
    JimGunn
    JimGunn
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 1394
    Posted: Feb. 2, 2015 - 8:48 PM ET #2

    I'm leaning Thatch at -145 atm or even the under 2½ at +100. I think Thatch can beat Bendo down like RDA for a first round stoppage.
    Reply
    I'm leaning Thatch at -145 atm or even the under 2½ at +100. I think Thatch can beat Bendo down like RDA for a first round stoppage.
     
    MrWonderful
    MrWonderful
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 792
    Posted: Feb. 2, 2015 - 11:56 PM ET #3

    Thatch will be my biggest play ever for MMA. 
    Reply
    Thatch will be my biggest play ever for MMA. 
     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Feb. 2, 2015 - 11:57 PM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonderful:

    Thatch will be my biggest play ever for MMA. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonderful:

    Thatch will be my biggest play ever for MMA. 


     
    JimGunn
    JimGunn
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 1394
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 12:17 AM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonderful:

    Thatch will be my biggest play ever for MMA. 


    If you think Thatch will stop Bendo early with strikes, the under 2½ at +130 is pretty generous right now.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonderful:

    Thatch will be my biggest play ever for MMA. 


    If you think Thatch will stop Bendo early with strikes, the under 2½ at +130 is pretty generous right now.
     
    MrWonderful
    MrWonderful
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 792
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 12:29 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by JimGunn:



    If you think Thatch will stop Bendo early with strikes, the under 2½ at +130 is pretty generous right now.

    I'll just take Ruckus at -150. Bendo moving up weight is a huge mistake. He had very little power at 155 and couldn't take RDA or Cowboy down. I thought he lost a couple rounds to Rustam before the big shot and submitted him. His most competitive fights were with Frankie/Gilbert and that seemed forever ago. Not to mention those were split decisions with fighters nowhere near the size of Ruckus. Dropping 3 dimes on Thatch early. I wouldn't be surprised to see Thatch at -230 by the time fight rolls around.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JimGunn:



    If you think Thatch will stop Bendo early with strikes, the under 2½ at +130 is pretty generous right now.

    I'll just take Ruckus at -150. Bendo moving up weight is a huge mistake. He had very little power at 155 and couldn't take RDA or Cowboy down. I thought he lost a couple rounds to Rustam before the big shot and submitted him. His most competitive fights were with Frankie/Gilbert and that seemed forever ago. Not to mention those were split decisions with fighters nowhere near the size of Ruckus. Dropping 3 dimes on Thatch early. I wouldn't be surprised to see Thatch at -230 by the time fight rolls around.
     
    JimGunn
    JimGunn
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 1394
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 1:11 AM ET #7

    Almost every single one of Thatch's fights ended in round 1. Do you think that if Thatch doesn't finish Bendo early in round 1 or maybe round 2 with strikes that he'll have the cardio to go five rounds and also not get subbed by Benson to win a five round decision? The length of fight is a big factor here.
    Reply
    Almost every single one of Thatch's fights ended in round 1. Do you think that if Thatch doesn't finish Bendo early in round 1 or maybe round 2 with strikes that he'll have the cardio to go five rounds and also not get subbed by Benson to win a five round decision? The length of fight is a big factor here.
     
    MrWonderful
    MrWonderful
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 792
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 1:44 AM ET #8

    Of course, the length of the match could play a factor. Why would we assume Thatch's cardio is awful? I'm sure both fighters are preparing and planning around that. Bendo could easily get caught in the first two rounds, but I just feel more comfortable taking the better fighter at WW here. I'm already on the under 2.5. I'm just placing a much much larger bet on Ruckus.
    Reply
    Of course, the length of the match could play a factor. Why would we assume Thatch's cardio is awful? I'm sure both fighters are preparing and planning around that. Bendo could easily get caught in the first two rounds, but I just feel more comfortable taking the better fighter at WW here. I'm already on the under 2.5. I'm just placing a much much larger bet on Ruckus.
     
    sawman
    sawman
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 5100
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 1:49 AM ET #9

    I guess they needed a big name to help sell the event. No one knows thatch yet. Smooth probably gets a big payday. If he can drag it deep, who knows

    I'm surprised there wasn't someone at 170 who could step up. Story?
    Reply
    I guess they needed a big name to help sell the event. No one knows thatch yet. Smooth probably gets a big payday. If he can drag it deep, who knows

    I'm surprised there wasn't someone at 170 who could step up. Story?
     
    MrWonderful
    MrWonderful
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 792
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 2:33 AM ET #10

    Probably Bendo's consolation prize from Dana to fight in his hometown after the controversial Cowboy fight.
    Reply
    Probably Bendo's consolation prize from Dana to fight in his hometown after the controversial Cowboy fight.
     
    JimGunn
    JimGunn
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 1394
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 3:14 AM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonderful:

    Of course, the length of the match could play a factor. Why would we assume Thatch's cardio is awful? I'm sure both fighters are preparing and planning around that. Bendo could easily get caught in the first two rounds, but I just feel more comfortable taking the better fighter at WW here. I'm already on the under 2.5. I'm just placing a much much larger bet on Ruckus.


    Awful is a very strong word. I think that the best way to describe Thatch's cardio would be unproven. His cardio may be great- but we haven't seen it yet to know, especially not in a five round fight. However his cardio might be mediocre or just slightly above average, which could be his downfall against Henderson. 

    It's a question that may affect the outcome of this fight if it doesn't end early. There's also the question of the large step up in caliber of competition. Henderson, a former champion who has fought elite fighters for a few years now is much better than any opponent that Thatch has fought as of yet. Those are the arguments from a Devil's Advocate position where Henderson has an advantage. At this point with Thatch at -230, I'm leaning towards the under 2½ or maybe playing Hendo if he hits +200.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonderful:

    Of course, the length of the match could play a factor. Why would we assume Thatch's cardio is awful? I'm sure both fighters are preparing and planning around that. Bendo could easily get caught in the first two rounds, but I just feel more comfortable taking the better fighter at WW here. I'm already on the under 2.5. I'm just placing a much much larger bet on Ruckus.


    Awful is a very strong word. I think that the best way to describe Thatch's cardio would be unproven. His cardio may be great- but we haven't seen it yet to know, especially not in a five round fight. However his cardio might be mediocre or just slightly above average, which could be his downfall against Henderson. 

    It's a question that may affect the outcome of this fight if it doesn't end early. There's also the question of the large step up in caliber of competition. Henderson, a former champion who has fought elite fighters for a few years now is much better than any opponent that Thatch has fought as of yet. Those are the arguments from a Devil's Advocate position where Henderson has an advantage. At this point with Thatch at -230, I'm leaning towards the under 2½ or maybe playing Hendo if he hits +200.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 8:49 AM ET #12

    Brandon is a horrible stylistic match-up for Benson. His cardio won't be an issue. The kid is an animal. He's been fighting local kickboxing shows since he was like 16-17. He also runs the Red Rocks amphitheater steps pretty regularly.
    Reply
    Brandon is a horrible stylistic match-up for Benson. His cardio won't be an issue. The kid is an animal. He's been fighting local kickboxing shows since he was like 16-17. He also runs the Red Rocks amphitheater steps pretty regularly.
     
    MrWonderful
    MrWonderful
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 792
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 11:38 AM ET #13

    Yeah, guessed the line correctly. I wouldn't be surprised to see the line climb even further. Like O said, Thatch is a terrible match-up for Bendo. His striking is on another level and reach will be the decisive factor in this fight. Thatch by TKO within 3 rounds.
    Reply
    Yeah, guessed the line correctly. I wouldn't be surprised to see the line climb even further. Like O said, Thatch is a terrible match-up for Bendo. His striking is on another level and reach will be the decisive factor in this fight. Thatch by TKO within 3 rounds.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 11:52 AM ET #14

    Thatch really is just a younger, longer, stronger version of Cerrone. Now if only he would try to fight every weekend like Cowboy does...

    Price back down to -170 for Thatch.
    Reply
    Thatch really is just a younger, longer, stronger version of Cerrone. Now if only he would try to fight every weekend like Cowboy does...

    Price back down to -170 for Thatch.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 12:30 PM ET #15

    Benson obviously doesn't want to stand and trade at range with thatch. Brandon is more powerful, longer, more technical, has better footwork. So I'm sure the plan will be to wrap him up against the cage and lean on him. The problem with this is the size/strength advantage.

    Big props to Ben for taking this fight though. I wish more guys would follow the "Cowboy path". Cerrone said last weekend he'd fight Anderson if Diaz didn't show or Tyron if Kelvin wasn't medically cleared.
    Reply
    Benson obviously doesn't want to stand and trade at range with thatch. Brandon is more powerful, longer, more technical, has better footwork. So I'm sure the plan will be to wrap him up against the cage and lean on him. The problem with this is the size/strength advantage.

    Big props to Ben for taking this fight though. I wish more guys would follow the "Cowboy path". Cerrone said last weekend he'd fight Anderson if Diaz didn't show or Tyron if Kelvin wasn't medically cleared.
     
    sawman
    sawman
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 5100
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 1:04 PM ET #16

    Despite a size (and striking??) advantage, If Thatch walks through Benson, that would be remarkable. But he's coming off wins against Paulo Thiago and Justin Edwards. Benson would win those fights too. He has been in the cage vs top 10 fighters for the past many years, and long battles at that. Smooth is no dummy and will come in with a good gameplan
    Reply
    Despite a size (and striking??) advantage, If Thatch walks through Benson, that would be remarkable. But he's coming off wins against Paulo Thiago and Justin Edwards. Benson would win those fights too. He has been in the cage vs top 10 fighters for the past many years, and long battles at that. Smooth is no dummy and will come in with a good gameplan
     
    MrWonderful
    MrWonderful
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 792
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 1:55 PM ET #17

    I'm just not seeing how Bendo would control Thatch in any way. I don't even think he could press him against the cage. The only way I see Bendo winning would be via submission set up by a reckless Rukus. Maybe I'm just really blind by Bendo's terrible performances over the last three years. Idk...
    Reply
    I'm just not seeing how Bendo would control Thatch in any way. I don't even think he could press him against the cage. The only way I see Bendo winning would be via submission set up by a reckless Rukus. Maybe I'm just really blind by Bendo's terrible performances over the last three years. Idk...
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 4:27 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by sawman:

    Despite a size (and striking??) advantage, If Thatch walks through Benson, that would be remarkable. But he's coming off wins against Paulo Thiago and Justin Edwards. Benson would win those fights too. He has been in the cage vs top 10 fighters for the past many years, and long battles at that. Smooth is no dummy and will come in with a good gameplan



    Nice points Sawman. IMO I don't think Benson took this fight to get killed by some limey!!! Benson's speed, movement, and fighting the best at 155, compared to some guys at 170 makes a huge difference. If this fight gets to the 3rd round, Hendo backers will be cashing. BTW does Thatch look any different than Cerrone???
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sawman:

    Despite a size (and striking??) advantage, If Thatch walks through Benson, that would be remarkable. But he's coming off wins against Paulo Thiago and Justin Edwards. Benson would win those fights too. He has been in the cage vs top 10 fighters for the past many years, and long battles at that. Smooth is no dummy and will come in with a good gameplan



    Nice points Sawman. IMO I don't think Benson took this fight to get killed by some limey!!! Benson's speed, movement, and fighting the best at 155, compared to some guys at 170 makes a huge difference. If this fight gets to the 3rd round, Hendo backers will be cashing. BTW does Thatch look any different than Cerrone???
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 4:47 PM ET #19

    My bad, not a limey, lol. Hey O, isn't this guy from your neck of the woods???? Maybe some "inside info" would help too!!!! LMAO.
    Reply
    My bad, not a limey, lol. Hey O, isn't this guy from your neck of the woods???? Maybe some "inside info" would help too!!!! LMAO.
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 5:26 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    My bad, not a limey, lol. Hey O, isn't this guy from your neck of the woods???? Maybe some "inside info" would help too!!!! LMAO.


    This just in: thatch had extra chicken in his chipotle burrito today. I'll keep you guys updated as more info is received.

    Seriously though, yeah he's in denver. I've never trained with him but his gym is the one ran by Nate Marquardt and I've rolled there a few times. His wrestling coach is Liester Bowling - he and I grew up wrestling together. His first trainer though was his father who was a good striker (I think boxer?) in his own time. I've seen him at some of the local shows and he's a big 170.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:

    My bad, not a limey, lol. Hey O, isn't this guy from your neck of the woods???? Maybe some "inside info" would help too!!!! LMAO.


    This just in: thatch had extra chicken in his chipotle burrito today. I'll keep you guys updated as more info is received.

    Seriously though, yeah he's in denver. I've never trained with him but his gym is the one ran by Nate Marquardt and I've rolled there a few times. His wrestling coach is Liester Bowling - he and I grew up wrestling together. His first trainer though was his father who was a good striker (I think boxer?) in his own time. I've seen him at some of the local shows and he's a big 170.
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 5:43 PM ET #21

    Extra chicken, INTERESTING, tells me a lot!!!!! Keep us updated as the situation continues!!!
    Reply
    Extra chicken, INTERESTING, tells me a lot!!!!! Keep us updated as the situation continues!!!
     
    OnTheO
    OnTheO
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 618
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 5:52 PM ET #22

    Also...Benson lives in the Phoenix area now but he grew up in Colorado Springs. I've been to several BJJ tournaments he's competed in over the years. He's a decent grappler but I've seen him get beat several times by local, random guys that do something other than fighting for a living.
    Reply
    Also...Benson lives in the Phoenix area now but he grew up in Colorado Springs. I've been to several BJJ tournaments he's competed in over the years. He's a decent grappler but I've seen him get beat several times by local, random guys that do something other than fighting for a living.
     
    timmyclax22
    timmyclax22
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 221
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 6:45 PM ET #23

    I didn't even think Henderson was a big 155. . . .
    Reply
    I didn't even think Henderson was a big 155. . . .
     
    sawman
    sawman
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 5100
    Posted: Feb. 3, 2015 - 9:30 PM ET #24

    Really Timmy??

    I think thatch is actually a 3rd generation fighter. Been fighting since he was a little kid
    Reply
    Really Timmy??

    I think thatch is actually a 3rd generation fighter. Been fighting since he was a little kid
     
     
    Ferrari29
    Ferrari29
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 3106
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2015 - 2:23 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonderful:


    I'll just take Ruckus at -150. Bendo moving up weight is a huge mistake. He had very little power at 155 and couldn't take RDA or Cowboy down. I thought he lost a couple rounds to Rustam before the big shot and submitted him. His most competitive fights were with Frankie/Gilbert and that seemed forever ago. Not to mention those were split decisions with fighters nowhere near the size of Ruckus. Dropping 3 dimes on Thatch early. I wouldn't be surprised to see Thatch at -230 by the time fight rolls around.


    minus 230?????? you been hitting Diaz's stash Wonderful?????
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonderful:


    I'll just take Ruckus at -150. Bendo moving up weight is a huge mistake. He had very little power at 155 and couldn't take RDA or Cowboy down. I thought he lost a couple rounds to Rustam before the big shot and submitted him. His most competitive fights were with Frankie/Gilbert and that seemed forever ago. Not to mention those were split decisions with fighters nowhere near the size of Ruckus. Dropping 3 dimes on Thatch early. I wouldn't be surprised to see Thatch at -230 by the time fight rolls around.


    minus 230?????? you been hitting Diaz's stash Wonderful?????
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,278
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,457
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,653
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,257
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 122
    • Trump's legacy? 32,960
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,133
    • Trump lies so much. 22,910

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.