Lost my parlay because Diego but I really felt Magny was going to beat Gastelum tonight and he proved a lot of you guys wrong! You can't sleep on this kid!
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Lost my parlay because Diego but I really felt Magny was going to beat Gastelum tonight and he proved a lot of you guys wrong! You can't sleep on this kid!
This fight basically went the opposite of how I thought it would, with Magny looking strong early and then Gastelum coming on strong late. I figured it would be the other way around if it happened to go 5 rounds. I had Magny winning Rounds 1 & 2, Gastelum barely winning Round 3 (but it was close), Gastelum winning Round 4 10-8, and Gastelum winning Round 5. I felt like even if you gave Magny Round 3, it should still be a draw at worst then. I thought maybe even a little judging bias based on the location of the venue, but nope. I don't seem to get those close decisions to go my way I feel like lol. I didn't think Magny won the fight, but he definitely looked improved in the first few rounds. Gastelum should have finished him when he had the chance.
This fight basically went the opposite of how I thought it would, with Magny looking strong early and then Gastelum coming on strong late. I figured it would be the other way around if it happened to go 5 rounds. I had Magny winning Rounds 1 & 2, Gastelum barely winning Round 3 (but it was close), Gastelum winning Round 4 10-8, and Gastelum winning Round 5. I felt like even if you gave Magny Round 3, it should still be a draw at worst then. I thought maybe even a little judging bias based on the location of the venue, but nope. I don't seem to get those close decisions to go my way I feel like lol. I didn't think Magny won the fight, but he definitely looked improved in the first few rounds. Gastelum should have finished him when he had the chance.
This fight basically went the opposite of how I thought it would, with Magny looking strong early and then Gastelum coming on strong late. I figured it would be the other way around if it happened to go 5 rounds. I had Magny winning Rounds 1 & 2, Gastelum barely winning Round 3 (but it was close), Gastelum winning Round 4 10-8, and Gastelum winning Round 5. I felt like even if you gave Magny Round 3, it should still be a draw at worst then. I thought maybe even a little judging bias based on the location of the venue, but nope. I don't seem to get those close decisions to go my way I feel like lol. I didn't think Magny won the fight, but he definitely looked improved in the first few rounds. Gastelum should have finished him when he had the chance.
I actually couldn't have said it better lol I myself have Magny rounds 1-3 10-9 and had Gastelum 10-8 and 10-9 for 4th and 5th making it a draw on my card. The decision could of went either way for sure but I thought the same thing when Gastelum was the fresher fighter in those championship rounds! Magny was game though on 2 weeks notice and stepped up big time to all the respect to him and it was a huge style change up for Gastelum. Brown is an aggressive bully fighter, so he had to really adjust his game plan for Magny. It was a great fight though. Would love to see rounds 6-10!
Quote Originally Posted by J-MoneyMaker:
This fight basically went the opposite of how I thought it would, with Magny looking strong early and then Gastelum coming on strong late. I figured it would be the other way around if it happened to go 5 rounds. I had Magny winning Rounds 1 & 2, Gastelum barely winning Round 3 (but it was close), Gastelum winning Round 4 10-8, and Gastelum winning Round 5. I felt like even if you gave Magny Round 3, it should still be a draw at worst then. I thought maybe even a little judging bias based on the location of the venue, but nope. I don't seem to get those close decisions to go my way I feel like lol. I didn't think Magny won the fight, but he definitely looked improved in the first few rounds. Gastelum should have finished him when he had the chance.
I actually couldn't have said it better lol I myself have Magny rounds 1-3 10-9 and had Gastelum 10-8 and 10-9 for 4th and 5th making it a draw on my card. The decision could of went either way for sure but I thought the same thing when Gastelum was the fresher fighter in those championship rounds! Magny was game though on 2 weeks notice and stepped up big time to all the respect to him and it was a huge style change up for Gastelum. Brown is an aggressive bully fighter, so he had to really adjust his game plan for Magny. It was a great fight though. Would love to see rounds 6-10!