• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    JBJ -250

    ParlayJoe17
    StumpTownStu
    PapaShango
    rzagza
    J-MoneyMaker
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1104
    Posts: 13
     
    ParlayJoe17
    ParlayJoe17
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 272
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2017 - 9:36 PM ET #1

    Can anyone here give a good argument as to why Cormier will come out victorious this time around against Jones.  I'm from Louisiana and I really like Cormier and do want him to beat Jon, teach him a lesson, blah, blah, blah, but I just don't see it happening.  Jon pretty much won every round last fight and I just don't see with Cormier getting older and Jon entering his athletic prime Cormier winning any way other than a fluke.  I am going to lay the juice on Jon and I don't see him having much problem winning this fight.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Can anyone here give a good argument as to why Cormier will come out victorious this time around against Jones.  I'm from Louisiana and I really like Cormier and do want him to beat Jon, teach him a lesson, blah, blah, blah, but I just don't see it happening.  Jon pretty much won every round last fight and I just don't see with Cormier getting older and Jon entering his athletic prime Cormier winning any way other than a fluke.  I am going to lay the juice on Jon and I don't see him having much problem winning this fight.
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2017 - 3:01 AM ET #2

    Hasn't fought in over a year. A background with banned substances AND recreational drugs. Always had questionable training habits. Maybe the greatest fight of all time as far as god given tools and ability. Let's see if what he has left.
    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply
    Hasn't fought in over a year. A background with banned substances AND recreational drugs. Always had questionable training habits. Maybe the greatest fight of all time as far as god given tools and ability. Let's see if what he has left.
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 25, 2017 - 9:19 PM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by ParlayJoe17:

    Can anyone here give a good argument as to why Cormier will come out victorious this time around against Jones.  I'm from Louisiana and I really like Cormier and do want him to beat Jon, teach him a lesson, blah, blah, blah, but I just don't see it happening.  Jon pretty much won every round last fight and I just don't see with Cormier getting older and Jon entering his athletic prime Cormier winning any way other than a fluke.  I am going to lay the juice on Jon and I don't see him having much problem winning this fight.

    When's the last time you actually watched their 1st fight?  I have watched it at least 5 times and if you actually believe that fight was so one-sided, I suggested you go back and watch again.   If you think Jones has over a 71% chance to win this fight, which is what -250 comes out to be, you are just crazy.

    There's many reasons to bet Cormier...

    Jones has fought once since January, 2015.  That lone fight, he looked very unimpressive against OSP, an opponent not near the same level as Cormier.

    Jones tested positive for an estrogen blocker that was MOST LIKELY trying to mask steroids.  With the absence of such substances, I think we can make the case that Jones will not be the same fighter he was during that last fight with DC.

    When two guys this high level face, two of the best ever to step foot in an octagon, it is always wise to consider the loser of the 1st one, especially if the 1st fight was close, which it was.

    Cormier had way too much emotion going into that first fight.  Now, he is only focused on beating Jones, not the other B.S.  

    Cormier looks incredible in the videos leading up to this fight.  He is in amazing shape, has stayed active, and has continued to look great.  From what I've watches, Jones doesn't look that great, definitely not like he used to.  He looks heavier up top, and I wonder if that will effect his speed on Saturday.

    Jones has a lot on his shoulders for this fight and I believe the weight of everything will be too much for him to overcome, without all of the recreational activities he was partaking in leading up to his fights to calm his nerves.

    Cormier knows his mistakes in the 1st fight, has the better training and training camp to fix the mistakes and I think will give Jones his first true loss in MMA.  

    Cormier at over +200 is a gift, IMO.

    Jones can obviously win this fight, but at those odds, you'd be crazy to lay it.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ParlayJoe17:

    Can anyone here give a good argument as to why Cormier will come out victorious this time around against Jones.  I'm from Louisiana and I really like Cormier and do want him to beat Jon, teach him a lesson, blah, blah, blah, but I just don't see it happening.  Jon pretty much won every round last fight and I just don't see with Cormier getting older and Jon entering his athletic prime Cormier winning any way other than a fluke.  I am going to lay the juice on Jon and I don't see him having much problem winning this fight.

    When's the last time you actually watched their 1st fight?  I have watched it at least 5 times and if you actually believe that fight was so one-sided, I suggested you go back and watch again.   If you think Jones has over a 71% chance to win this fight, which is what -250 comes out to be, you are just crazy.

    There's many reasons to bet Cormier...

    Jones has fought once since January, 2015.  That lone fight, he looked very unimpressive against OSP, an opponent not near the same level as Cormier.

    Jones tested positive for an estrogen blocker that was MOST LIKELY trying to mask steroids.  With the absence of such substances, I think we can make the case that Jones will not be the same fighter he was during that last fight with DC.

    When two guys this high level face, two of the best ever to step foot in an octagon, it is always wise to consider the loser of the 1st one, especially if the 1st fight was close, which it was.

    Cormier had way too much emotion going into that first fight.  Now, he is only focused on beating Jones, not the other B.S.  

    Cormier looks incredible in the videos leading up to this fight.  He is in amazing shape, has stayed active, and has continued to look great.  From what I've watches, Jones doesn't look that great, definitely not like he used to.  He looks heavier up top, and I wonder if that will effect his speed on Saturday.

    Jones has a lot on his shoulders for this fight and I believe the weight of everything will be too much for him to overcome, without all of the recreational activities he was partaking in leading up to his fights to calm his nerves.

    Cormier knows his mistakes in the 1st fight, has the better training and training camp to fix the mistakes and I think will give Jones his first true loss in MMA.  

    Cormier at over +200 is a gift, IMO.

    Jones can obviously win this fight, but at those odds, you'd be crazy to lay it.
     
    rzagza
    rzagza
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 10857
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2017 - 1:01 AM ET #4

    That estrogen blocker Jones was using to mask steroid use...is no longer on USADA's banned list of substances. So you can pretty safely assume Jones is on his usual cycle here.
    Reply
    That estrogen blocker Jones was using to mask steroid use...is no longer on USADA's banned list of substances. So you can pretty safely assume Jones is on his usual cycle here.
     
    J-MoneyMaker
    J-MoneyMaker
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 211
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2017 - 3:43 AM ET #5

    Not to go against Papa again, but I feel like this is Jones' fight to lose and am likely going to max betting this one. The first fight was probably a lot closer than people remember, you're right, but that was also with Jones doing drugs and partying leading up to the fight. DC came into that fight emotional, but there was no doubt he was at his best and still came up short. I don't believe that was Jones at his best.

    You mentioned a lot of negatives for Jones over the past 2 years, but what about DC's issues? He's now 2 years OLDER and he was old to begin with. It's not like he's gone out and looked like Superman in his fights since 2015. He got knocked the F down in 30 seconds by Rumble (credit to him for surviving), almost got finished by Gustafsson and squeaked out a split decision, got hurt late in the 3rd against an out-of-shape and unprepared Silva, then beat Rumble again in a fight where Rumble didn't look like he even cared and was planning on retiring anyways (Rumble just chose to wrestle DC against the cage for some odd reason). To me, he gets the credit for winning those fights, but I didn't see much there to show me that he's done anything to prove he's going to be better than Jones this time around. Those 2 fights against Rumble almost shouldn't even count, simply for the fact that Rumble is one of the biggest quitters in the sport and has a horrible gas tank. DC is a horrible matchup for Rumble. Gustafsson damn near had DC finished at one point. Even 53 year old Anderson Silva hurt DC late in that fight and DC had about 40 pounds on him that night and had already been training to fight Jones.

    It's not like Jones has just been sitting around this entire time off. He's really worked on his ground game and jiu jitsu, stayed active, and I think he's actually in great shape leading up to this fight. I will agree his showing against OSP was lackluster but that was a bit of a tune-up fight for him and it seemed like he was getting a feel for things again in there. Plus he had been doing a lot more weight training and wasn't sure how his gas tank would react. Not to mention it was DC who had to pull out of their rematch that time due to injury and I'm sure that was a bit of a letdown going into that fight. I think Jones could have finished OSP if more was at stake.

    I don't believe DC when he acts like there is no pressure on him in this fight and he doesn't care if he loses. If anything, I feel like this fight means more to him now than the first fight. Jones has done nothing but rub it in his face that he's the only one that has ever beaten him and that DC is just a "paper champ." This is DC's last and only shot at redemption as his career is coming to a close and if he doesn't get it done Saturday, we could easily see him retire. I think there's pressure on both men and I'll take the guy that's defended the title a million times against a murderer's row of opponents (perhaps the greatest set of title defenses in UFC history). Like I said before, DC is 38 years old now. He barely made weight in his last fight (let's not forget the infamous Towelgate incident). I don't agree that DC looks in amazing shape for this fight. I think he already looks drawn out like death trying to make weight. I think the punishment he's taken over the past 2 years, along with the injuries and turning 38 years old are all major factors in him looking like a worse version of himself in this fight. Give me JBJ all day here
    Reply
    Not to go against Papa again, but I feel like this is Jones' fight to lose and am likely going to max betting this one. The first fight was probably a lot closer than people remember, you're right, but that was also with Jones doing drugs and partying leading up to the fight. DC came into that fight emotional, but there was no doubt he was at his best and still came up short. I don't believe that was Jones at his best.

    You mentioned a lot of negatives for Jones over the past 2 years, but what about DC's issues? He's now 2 years OLDER and he was old to begin with. It's not like he's gone out and looked like Superman in his fights since 2015. He got knocked the F down in 30 seconds by Rumble (credit to him for surviving), almost got finished by Gustafsson and squeaked out a split decision, got hurt late in the 3rd against an out-of-shape and unprepared Silva, then beat Rumble again in a fight where Rumble didn't look like he even cared and was planning on retiring anyways (Rumble just chose to wrestle DC against the cage for some odd reason). To me, he gets the credit for winning those fights, but I didn't see much there to show me that he's done anything to prove he's going to be better than Jones this time around. Those 2 fights against Rumble almost shouldn't even count, simply for the fact that Rumble is one of the biggest quitters in the sport and has a horrible gas tank. DC is a horrible matchup for Rumble. Gustafsson damn near had DC finished at one point. Even 53 year old Anderson Silva hurt DC late in that fight and DC had about 40 pounds on him that night and had already been training to fight Jones.

    It's not like Jones has just been sitting around this entire time off. He's really worked on his ground game and jiu jitsu, stayed active, and I think he's actually in great shape leading up to this fight. I will agree his showing against OSP was lackluster but that was a bit of a tune-up fight for him and it seemed like he was getting a feel for things again in there. Plus he had been doing a lot more weight training and wasn't sure how his gas tank would react. Not to mention it was DC who had to pull out of their rematch that time due to injury and I'm sure that was a bit of a letdown going into that fight. I think Jones could have finished OSP if more was at stake.

    I don't believe DC when he acts like there is no pressure on him in this fight and he doesn't care if he loses. If anything, I feel like this fight means more to him now than the first fight. Jones has done nothing but rub it in his face that he's the only one that has ever beaten him and that DC is just a "paper champ." This is DC's last and only shot at redemption as his career is coming to a close and if he doesn't get it done Saturday, we could easily see him retire. I think there's pressure on both men and I'll take the guy that's defended the title a million times against a murderer's row of opponents (perhaps the greatest set of title defenses in UFC history). Like I said before, DC is 38 years old now. He barely made weight in his last fight (let's not forget the infamous Towelgate incident). I don't agree that DC looks in amazing shape for this fight. I think he already looks drawn out like death trying to make weight. I think the punishment he's taken over the past 2 years, along with the injuries and turning 38 years old are all major factors in him looking like a worse version of himself in this fight. Give me JBJ all day here
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2017 - 9:07 AM ET #6

    J-Money Maker, if you keep laying a ton of juice in close match-ups, especially ones that will likely go to decision, you're going to lose a lot of money betting this sport. There is just no way to justify Jones being -250. This is such a dog or pass spot, it's maddening to me that people are laying the juice like this. Last fight Jones was only around -170. That's when you should have bet him. If this fight was even money, sure id take Jones, but it's not. If you're just trying to mess around, want to bet 1 fight, and don't care about laying juice bc you don't take this seriously, then go ahead. But, if you take this seriously and ate still laying that Juice with Jones, I wish you good luck. Jones could be the best to ever do it, but the gap between he and Cormier is not worth -250. No chance. 
    Reply
    J-Money Maker, if you keep laying a ton of juice in close match-ups, especially ones that will likely go to decision, you're going to lose a lot of money betting this sport. There is just no way to justify Jones being -250. This is such a dog or pass spot, it's maddening to me that people are laying the juice like this. Last fight Jones was only around -170. That's when you should have bet him. If this fight was even money, sure id take Jones, but it's not. If you're just trying to mess around, want to bet 1 fight, and don't care about laying juice bc you don't take this seriously, then go ahead. But, if you take this seriously and ate still laying that Juice with Jones, I wish you good luck. Jones could be the best to ever do it, but the gap between he and Cormier is not worth -250. No chance. 
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2017 - 9:20 AM ET #7

    There's a big difference between picking a winner and making a good bet. Do I think Jones has a good shot at winning? Sure, it'll be a close fight and Jones can definitely win. Is it a good bet to lay -250? Absolutely not. Even if Jones were to win this fight, that is a terrible bet in the long term. The more that people understand that these events can't be judged as just picking a winner and not caring about the odds, the more people will learn to win money betting fights. 
    Reply
    There's a big difference between picking a winner and making a good bet. Do I think Jones has a good shot at winning? Sure, it'll be a close fight and Jones can definitely win. Is it a good bet to lay -250? Absolutely not. Even if Jones were to win this fight, that is a terrible bet in the long term. The more that people understand that these events can't be judged as just picking a winner and not caring about the odds, the more people will learn to win money betting fights. 
     
    wegstar21
    wegstar21
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2015
    Posts: 647
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2017 - 2:30 PM ET #8

    ^^^^^word^^^^
    Reply
    ^^^^^word^^^^
     
    ParlayJoe17
    ParlayJoe17
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 272
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2017 - 10:55 PM ET #9

    I have been betting fights a good long while and am certainly not betting on Jones just because I think "he will win".  I'm well aware of what -250 means in terms of percentages and all that.  I do respect the opinions of those who disagree with me here 100%.  Hell, I could be wrong.  Other than the $ I will be wagering I hope I am.

    There are a lot of reasons out there like ring rust, roids, pressure, and this and that but what is Daniel actually going to be able to do to Jon during the fight.  Jon is much longer than Daniel so Cormier only has one way to win and that is to do exactly what he tried to do last time which is grind him up against the fence.  Why would anyone think he would be be able to do this more successfully some 2 odd years later at 38 years old?

    It's good to have some healthy difference of opinion here, that is what this forum is for.  I will still be betting on Jon and if he loses hell good for Cormier, Jones probably does need his behind beat from a life-lesson perspective.

    Either way good luck everyone and I can't wait for the fight.
    Reply
    I have been betting fights a good long while and am certainly not betting on Jones just because I think "he will win".  I'm well aware of what -250 means in terms of percentages and all that.  I do respect the opinions of those who disagree with me here 100%.  Hell, I could be wrong.  Other than the $ I will be wagering I hope I am.

    There are a lot of reasons out there like ring rust, roids, pressure, and this and that but what is Daniel actually going to be able to do to Jon during the fight.  Jon is much longer than Daniel so Cormier only has one way to win and that is to do exactly what he tried to do last time which is grind him up against the fence.  Why would anyone think he would be be able to do this more successfully some 2 odd years later at 38 years old?

    It's good to have some healthy difference of opinion here, that is what this forum is for.  I will still be betting on Jon and if he loses hell good for Cormier, Jones probably does need his behind beat from a life-lesson perspective.

    Either way good luck everyone and I can't wait for the fight.
     
    Manowarfan1
    Manowarfan1
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 1257
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2017 - 10:56 PM ET #10

    See both sides here but gotta agree with Papa. There are plenty of chances for Cormier to win, although I hope Bones has his act together, I thought he could be an all time great when he first came up, now... Remains to be seen.
    There is NO value on a Jones wager IMO though. I am actually hoping the number climbs for Cormier. I may throw a little on him, just in case, if #s high enough, which actually for what I assume (I know, I know) will be a close fight, maybe even a decision...
    Heck on this card I will be trying to wager mostly on dogs, several usually win and all it takes is for a +900 to beat Justino (I know, I know) or make it over 1.5 rounds and everything else is gravy :)
    I want Bones to win, I expect Bones to win, I cannot play -250 on Bones. I have been burnt too many times by big faves.
    Good luck on your bet, I will,probably take and sprinkle that 250 over 1 or 2 other fights that will hopefully pay worthwhile.
    Reply
    See both sides here but gotta agree with Papa. There are plenty of chances for Cormier to win, although I hope Bones has his act together, I thought he could be an all time great when he first came up, now... Remains to be seen.
    There is NO value on a Jones wager IMO though. I am actually hoping the number climbs for Cormier. I may throw a little on him, just in case, if #s high enough, which actually for what I assume (I know, I know) will be a close fight, maybe even a decision...
    Heck on this card I will be trying to wager mostly on dogs, several usually win and all it takes is for a +900 to beat Justino (I know, I know) or make it over 1.5 rounds and everything else is gravy :)
    I want Bones to win, I expect Bones to win, I cannot play -250 on Bones. I have been burnt too many times by big faves.
    Good luck on your bet, I will,probably take and sprinkle that 250 over 1 or 2 other fights that will hopefully pay worthwhile.
     
    MMAMAIN
    MMAMAIN
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 262
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2017 - 7:33 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Manowarfan1:

    See both sides here but gotta agree with Papa. There are plenty of chances for Cormier to win, although I hope Bones has his act together, I thought he could be an all time great when he first came up, now... Remains to be seen.
    There is NO value on a Jones wager IMO though. I am actually hoping the number climbs for Cormier. I may throw a little on him, just in case, if #s high enough, which actually for what I assume (I know, I know) will be a close fight, maybe even a decision...
    Heck on this card I will be trying to wager mostly on dogs, several usually win and all it takes is for a +900 to beat Justino (I know, I know) or make it over 1.5 rounds and everything else is gravy :)
    I want Bones to win, I expect Bones to win, I cannot play -250 on Bones. I have been burnt too many times by big faves.
    Good luck on your bet, I will,probably take and sprinkle that 250 over 1 or 2 other fights that will hopefully pay worthwhile.
    You thought he could be an all time great???? he is already the best ever ...plain an simple no need for a debate Jon Bones Jones wins in dominate fashion  lay the wood ....mistakes are like  azzholes we all make poo poo game over primetime for Jones $$$$$$
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Manowarfan1:

    See both sides here but gotta agree with Papa. There are plenty of chances for Cormier to win, although I hope Bones has his act together, I thought he could be an all time great when he first came up, now... Remains to be seen.
    There is NO value on a Jones wager IMO though. I am actually hoping the number climbs for Cormier. I may throw a little on him, just in case, if #s high enough, which actually for what I assume (I know, I know) will be a close fight, maybe even a decision...
    Heck on this card I will be trying to wager mostly on dogs, several usually win and all it takes is for a +900 to beat Justino (I know, I know) or make it over 1.5 rounds and everything else is gravy :)
    I want Bones to win, I expect Bones to win, I cannot play -250 on Bones. I have been burnt too many times by big faves.
    Good luck on your bet, I will,probably take and sprinkle that 250 over 1 or 2 other fights that will hopefully pay worthwhile.
    You thought he could be an all time great???? he is already the best ever ...plain an simple no need for a debate Jon Bones Jones wins in dominate fashion  lay the wood ....mistakes are like  azzholes we all make poo poo game over primetime for Jones $$$$$$
     
    Sickness4
    Sickness4
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2017
    Posts: 227
    Posted: Jul. 29, 2017 - 3:02 PM ET #12

    [Quote: Originally Posted by PapaShango]  if you keep laying a ton of juice in close match-ups, especially ones that will likely go to decision, you're going to lose a lot of money betting this sport.

    If you think its going to decision, don't you think Jones is a lock?
    IMO its hard to see Cormier winning by decision here.
    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by PapaShango]  if you keep laying a ton of juice in close match-ups, especially ones that will likely go to decision, you're going to lose a lot of money betting this sport.

    If you think its going to decision, don't you think Jones is a lock?
    IMO its hard to see Cormier winning by decision here.
     
     
    dumped97
    dumped97
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 3088
    Posted: Jul. 29, 2017 - 3:08 PM ET #13

    If you like JBJ don't let people talk you out of it. Personally I don't think this fight is worth dropping money on. People say Jones doesn't look like him self lol no garbage. He is the healthiest I have ever seen him. The only thing I don't like about Jones is the time off. I think Jones has more gas in the tank and the fight will go long and he will take advantage of that. 
    The only sure thing about luck is that it will change.
    Reply
    If you like JBJ don't let people talk you out of it. Personally I don't think this fight is worth dropping money on. People say Jones doesn't look like him self lol no garbage. He is the healthiest I have ever seen him. The only thing I don't like about Jones is the time off. I think Jones has more gas in the tank and the fight will go long and he will take advantage of that. 
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 454,710
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,228
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 607
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,183
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 8,852
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,665
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 607
    • Trump's legacy? 32,955
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,059
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,727

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.