• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    Gunnar Nelson's wieght class

    ParlayJoe17
    WahooS
    NeverMind
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 454
    Posts: 5
     
    ParlayJoe17
    ParlayJoe17
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 272
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2016 - 1:15 AM ET #1

    Does anyone else here think that Gunnar should cut down to155?

    He's already a smallish WW.  I really think that he has the 2nd best (Maia) grappling/jui jitsu in the UFC.  Maybe it's because he fights out of McGregor's camp, I don't know.  I really think he's doing himself a disservice.  I bet he could win the belt at 155.  He's the opposite of Conor, personality wise.  He needs to make the move for himself before his window passes.  With all that said, I think he'll beat DHK easliy and have no problem laying the -200 or whatever.


    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Does anyone else here think that Gunnar should cut down to155?

    He's already a smallish WW.  I really think that he has the 2nd best (Maia) grappling/jui jitsu in the UFC.  Maybe it's because he fights out of McGregor's camp, I don't know.  I really think he's doing himself a disservice.  I bet he could win the belt at 155.  He's the opposite of Conor, personality wise.  He needs to make the move for himself before his window passes.  With all that said, I think he'll beat DHK easliy and have no problem laying the -200 or whatever.


     
    WahooS
    WahooS
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 25650
    Posted: Oct. 18, 2016 - 11:18 PM ET #2

    he likes his weight class, I think he can the vast majority of those in that weight class except for Maia who is on another planet jui jitsu wise than anyone in the UFC, Gunny can strike and grapple, he's a very dangerous fighter for most at 170


    .
    Reply
    he likes his weight class, I think he can the vast majority of those in that weight class except for Maia who is on another planet jui jitsu wise than anyone in the UFC, Gunny can strike and grapple, he's a very dangerous fighter for most at 170


     
    ParlayJoe17
    ParlayJoe17
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 272
    Posted: Oct. 21, 2016 - 1:04 AM ET #3

    anyway..did you say you were attending UFC 205? I must say I'm very jealous.  That has to be the best card I've seen top to bottom since I've been following MMA.  DAMN!

    Can you reveal where you will be dumping your cash?

    I've already unloaded pretty good.  I don't normally post until closer to the fights, but I'm going with Alves, Tate, Wiedman, Wonderboy (reluctantly - Woodley could hump him, but not likely for 5 rounds), and Gastelum.  I have a man crush on Gastelum and of course Cowboy is awesome but I can't resist the +150.

    BTW - thanks for the VTech pick tonight!  I follow a lot of your stuff on CFB.

    Reply

    anyway..did you say you were attending UFC 205? I must say I'm very jealous.  That has to be the best card I've seen top to bottom since I've been following MMA.  DAMN!

    Can you reveal where you will be dumping your cash?

    I've already unloaded pretty good.  I don't normally post until closer to the fights, but I'm going with Alves, Tate, Wiedman, Wonderboy (reluctantly - Woodley could hump him, but not likely for 5 rounds), and Gastelum.  I have a man crush on Gastelum and of course Cowboy is awesome but I can't resist the +150.

    BTW - thanks for the VTech pick tonight!  I follow a lot of your stuff on CFB.

     
    NeverMind
    NeverMind
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 3060
    Posted: Oct. 21, 2016 - 6:47 PM ET #4

    Kim will beat Nelson. 
    Reply
    Kim will beat Nelson. 
     
     
    WahooS
    WahooS
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 25650
    Posted: Oct. 22, 2016 - 9:25 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by ParlayJoe17:

    anyway..did you say you were attending UFC 205? I must say I'm very jealous.  That has to be the best card I've seen top to bottom since I've been following MMA.  DAMN!

    Can you reveal where you will be dumping your cash?

    I've already unloaded pretty good.  I don't normally post until closer to the fights, but I'm going with Alves, Tate, Wiedman, Wonderboy (reluctantly - Woodley could hump him, but not likely for 5 rounds), and Gastelum.  I have a man crush on Gastelum and of course Cowboy is awesome but I can't resist the +150.

    BTW - thanks for the VTech pick tonight!  I follow a lot of your stuff on CFB.

    oh yes, I'll be there, it's a historic card so I had to go

    I don't have my bets in yet but just started browsing the lines

    I'm leaning to Eddie over my peeps Conor , Eddie has a great chin, he can be stunned but always recovers and keeps fighting and is in super shape, his conditioning is unreal, just a tough matchup for Conor, we will see as it gets closer who I bet but first glance was Eddie at + 130 


    .
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ParlayJoe17:

    anyway..did you say you were attending UFC 205? I must say I'm very jealous.  That has to be the best card I've seen top to bottom since I've been following MMA.  DAMN!

    Can you reveal where you will be dumping your cash?

    I've already unloaded pretty good.  I don't normally post until closer to the fights, but I'm going with Alves, Tate, Wiedman, Wonderboy (reluctantly - Woodley could hump him, but not likely for 5 rounds), and Gastelum.  I have a man crush on Gastelum and of course Cowboy is awesome but I can't resist the +150.

    BTW - thanks for the VTech pick tonight!  I follow a lot of your stuff on CFB.

    oh yes, I'll be there, it's a historic card so I had to go

    I don't have my bets in yet but just started browsing the lines

    I'm leaning to Eddie over my peeps Conor , Eddie has a great chin, he can be stunned but always recovers and keeps fighting and is in super shape, his conditioning is unreal, just a tough matchup for Conor, we will see as it gets closer who I bet but first glance was Eddie at + 130 


    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,247
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,230
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 632
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,402
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,510
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,189
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 613
    • Trump's legacy? 32,957
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,097
    • Trump lies so much. 22,892

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.