Posted:
#1
Welcome you savages! UFC Fight Night 78 is right around the corner this Saturday live from Monterrey, Mexico! On behalf of Bruce Buffer, I would just like to say... IT'S TIME! I've got a 5 star play for you!
YTD (0-0-0) first post
Neil Magny (+230 ) vs. Kelvin Gastelum (-270) @5dimes.eu
Neil Magny to win: risking 2 units to win 4.6 units
small leans also include
Magny by decision (+495)
Magny inside the distance: submission or tko/ko (+375): explained below why I have 2 prop bets conflicting each other... both show value.
With Magny filling in late for an injured Matt Brown, this is a really bad matchup for Gastelum in my opinion. The fight is Mexico at high elevation and it's a 5 round fight. What we know from the past is Kelvin has had trouble making weight and although this fight is at 185lbs the elevation is going to become a problem for Kelvin. Guess who trains year round in high elevations? That's right, Magny does. He's also been the more active fighter having although getting rag dolled and submitted by Maia fighting 3 weeks later against a very game Erik SIlva who he beat by 3 round decision. Magny isn't great anywhere, but he is good every where. Hes probably the longest guy Kelvin has fought as well. I think this fight goes to a decision, but I also see a potential late submission victory for Magny. As the fight goes on, Kelvin will begin to gas and wing his punches as he normally does and will make desperate attempts to take Magny to the ground which isn't that great of an idea itself. He's got good takedown defense and submissions. If he can use his reach to keep kelvin on the outside, avoid having his back against the cage and mix up his takedowns with his long striking, I think he wins a pretty swift decision over Kelvin or once again a 4th or 5th round submission victory.
