Posted:
#1
Lamas (-600) vs Sanchez (+450)
With Ricardo Lamas coming off a 1st round TKO loss to Mendes, he'll be looking to bounce back here. He's a pretty technical striker and can mix up his take downs and submission fairly well. We know what we get with Diego... He's a brawler. He's got strong takedowns as well but when the going gets tough, he walks forward and throws bombs and we see this almost every fight. It's incredible. He's the last of a dying breed. He will be making his 145lb debut and I'm actually curious to see how he will do. He could be the first fighter in history to win in 4 different weight classes if he can beat Lamas. Although the line is absolutely insane at a -600, I can see the why. My lean would be Lamas by decision (-115) if anything seeing as it is a 3 round fight and Diego has never been stopped besides when he lost to BJ Penn due to the cut he had on his face. I am curious however to see what Diego we will see. In a recent interview with MMA Junkie he seemed fired up. Said he used his lay off to his advantage and focused a lot on his strength and condition as well as took a more strategic way to make the weight cut. At 32 years old he knows his time is running out and I think if there was ever a time for him to make a run for it, that time is now. I believe he could have a power advantage at 145 over most of these guys and I believe he will be faster than ever. So honestly a small play on Sanchez for the value would interest me as well. Any comments guys? What ya think!? By the way this is my first real post so I kept it pretty simple for now lol.
With Ricardo Lamas coming off a 1st round TKO loss to Mendes, he'll be looking to bounce back here. He's a pretty technical striker and can mix up his take downs and submission fairly well. We know what we get with Diego... He's a brawler. He's got strong takedowns as well but when the going gets tough, he walks forward and throws bombs and we see this almost every fight. It's incredible. He's the last of a dying breed. He will be making his 145lb debut and I'm actually curious to see how he will do. He could be the first fighter in history to win in 4 different weight classes if he can beat Lamas. Although the line is absolutely insane at a -600, I can see the why. My lean would be Lamas by decision (-115) if anything seeing as it is a 3 round fight and Diego has never been stopped besides when he lost to BJ Penn due to the cut he had on his face. I am curious however to see what Diego we will see. In a recent interview with MMA Junkie he seemed fired up. Said he used his lay off to his advantage and focused a lot on his strength and condition as well as took a more strategic way to make the weight cut. At 32 years old he knows his time is running out and I think if there was ever a time for him to make a run for it, that time is now. I believe he could have a power advantage at 145 over most of these guys and I believe he will be faster than ever. So honestly a small play on Sanchez for the value would interest me as well. Any comments guys? What ya think!? By the way this is my first real post so I kept it pretty simple for now lol.
