• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    FN 74

    BATM3
    JimGunn
    sawman
    ParlayJoe17
    RenegadesOfFunk
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1142
    Posts: 11
     
    BATM3
    BATM3
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2012
    Posts: 31
    Posted: Aug. 10, 2015 - 7:07 PM ET #1

    Early leans for next weekend:

    - Max Holloway -210 
      This will be a good fight with the Hawaiian boy coming out on top with the decision

    - Erick Silva +105
      A slightly more skilled overall fighter

    - Patrick Cote +110
      Burkman's losing streak continues
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Early leans for next weekend:

    - Max Holloway -210 
      This will be a good fight with the Hawaiian boy coming out on top with the decision

    - Erick Silva +105
      A slightly more skilled overall fighter

    - Patrick Cote +110
      Burkman's losing streak continues
     
    JimGunn
    JimGunn
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 1394
    Posted: Aug. 10, 2015 - 11:22 PM ET #2

    I'm with you on Max Holloway at -200, although I think he may stop Do Bronx in the later rounds. And I would not be surprised to see Patrick Cote win his match, although I like the over 2½ rounds more as a bet instead. But I can't agree that Erick Silva is a better fighter than Rick Story. Silva has a reasonable chance to win in the first round, but if not, I think tough grinder Story will take over.
    Reply
    I'm with you on Max Holloway at -200, although I think he may stop Do Bronx in the later rounds. And I would not be surprised to see Patrick Cote win his match, although I like the over 2½ rounds more as a bet instead. But I can't agree that Erick Silva is a better fighter than Rick Story. Silva has a reasonable chance to win in the first round, but if not, I think tough grinder Story will take over.
     
    sawman
    sawman
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 5100
    Posted: Aug. 11, 2015 - 12:20 PM ET #3

     I think this is a winnable fight for Oliveira. I think both have the stamina to go 5, but I like Oliveira's chances of stopping Holloway more than vice versa. More likely than not, Max wins a dec, but the odds have gotten out of hand

    Silva is more diverse than Story, and comes out of the gate hard! Erick has to win in the first half, or like Gunn says, Story will take over and grind out a dec or late stoppage. Silva is an animal! But he has trouble with grinders

    I like Burkman. they both have good chin's but Burkman can't be KO'd as he showed vs Hector on roids. there is nothing fancy about Cote - I like Burma's angles, etc to be little more diverse on the feet

    Just as I'm writing this I see Story is out and Magny is in - Man that guy fights a lot!! I think Magny get rolled over again, but will put some more thought into it
    Reply
     I think this is a winnable fight for Oliveira. I think both have the stamina to go 5, but I like Oliveira's chances of stopping Holloway more than vice versa. More likely than not, Max wins a dec, but the odds have gotten out of hand

    Silva is more diverse than Story, and comes out of the gate hard! Erick has to win in the first half, or like Gunn says, Story will take over and grind out a dec or late stoppage. Silva is an animal! But he has trouble with grinders

    I like Burkman. they both have good chin's but Burkman can't be KO'd as he showed vs Hector on roids. there is nothing fancy about Cote - I like Burma's angles, etc to be little more diverse on the feet

    Just as I'm writing this I see Story is out and Magny is in - Man that guy fights a lot!! I think Magny get rolled over again, but will put some more thought into it
     
    BATM3
    BATM3
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2012
    Posts: 31
    Posted: Aug. 11, 2015 - 2:28 PM ET #4

    Good points JG, and I like your o2.5 rounds with Cote/Burkman

    Saw...agree with you on the Holloway.Oliveira odds.  Thought It'd be much closer than what it currently is, with the odds leaning slightly towards Holloway.  Haven't seen the o/u on this yet, anyone know?

    And I like Silvia even more with this new matchup with Magny having just been worked by Maia 2 weeks ago (3 week 'rest'?).  Hopefully the odds will still remain close between these two.
    Reply
    Good points JG, and I like your o2.5 rounds with Cote/Burkman

    Saw...agree with you on the Holloway.Oliveira odds.  Thought It'd be much closer than what it currently is, with the odds leaning slightly towards Holloway.  Haven't seen the o/u on this yet, anyone know?

    And I like Silvia even more with this new matchup with Magny having just been worked by Maia 2 weeks ago (3 week 'rest'?).  Hopefully the odds will still remain close between these two.
     
    ParlayJoe17
    ParlayJoe17
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 272
    Posted: Aug. 11, 2015 - 2:30 PM ET #5

    I'm with Sawman and like Oliviera at these odds.  Sure if it stays upright the whole time Holloway is a decided favorite, but I think Charles finds some way to get it to the ground and wins.  Holloway hasn't really fought anyone with the intent and ability to take it to the ground in a while (I guess Cole Miller prob would have wanted to..missed that one).

    Magny v. Silva.  Hmm wonder what the odds on that will be (Silva -180?).  I will have to go with Magny here by late finish.  Silva will do his usual and blow his wad.  I think Magny can hang on just long enough for Silva to fade.

    I got Burkman v. Cote.  Cote is just looking really slow these days.  Is this fight in Canada?  Yep I guess it is.  Maybe Cote gets another gift decision.

    Wonder what Laprise's odds will be v Massaranduba?  I really think Laprise is pretty smooth and can get the W here.

    Reply

    I'm with Sawman and like Oliviera at these odds.  Sure if it stays upright the whole time Holloway is a decided favorite, but I think Charles finds some way to get it to the ground and wins.  Holloway hasn't really fought anyone with the intent and ability to take it to the ground in a while (I guess Cole Miller prob would have wanted to..missed that one).

    Magny v. Silva.  Hmm wonder what the odds on that will be (Silva -180?).  I will have to go with Magny here by late finish.  Silva will do his usual and blow his wad.  I think Magny can hang on just long enough for Silva to fade.

    I got Burkman v. Cote.  Cote is just looking really slow these days.  Is this fight in Canada?  Yep I guess it is.  Maybe Cote gets another gift decision.

    Wonder what Laprise's odds will be v Massaranduba?  I really think Laprise is pretty smooth and can get the W here.

     
    sawman
    sawman
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 5100
    Posted: Aug. 11, 2015 - 5:46 PM ET #6

    I watched Miller vs Holloway yesterday.

    It started competitive and Max took over after a couple rounds. But there were a couple head buts, the 1st of which cot Cole badly, that had an impact on the fight. Max could turn on the stand up when he wanted, but Miller did get him down, and Oliveira is way better on the ground and TDs than Miller. AND he's a better striker I think. So I think Oliveira will be able to get Max down on occasion and he always goes for the finsh

    I also watched Oliveira vs Lentz. It was 1 round a piece when it was stopped in the 3rd. Lenz kept grinding him down on the ground, but played with fire and got burned.

    It's going to be an amazing fight
    Reply
    I watched Miller vs Holloway yesterday.

    It started competitive and Max took over after a couple rounds. But there were a couple head buts, the 1st of which cot Cole badly, that had an impact on the fight. Max could turn on the stand up when he wanted, but Miller did get him down, and Oliveira is way better on the ground and TDs than Miller. AND he's a better striker I think. So I think Oliveira will be able to get Max down on occasion and he always goes for the finsh

    I also watched Oliveira vs Lentz. It was 1 round a piece when it was stopped in the 3rd. Lenz kept grinding him down on the ground, but played with fire and got burned.

    It's going to be an amazing fight
     
    BATM3
    BATM3
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2012
    Posts: 31
    Posted: Aug. 11, 2015 - 10:02 PM ET #7

    Found this:

    Charles Oliveira +125
    Max Holloway -165

    Over 1.5 -175
    Under 1.5 +135
    —–

    Neil Magny +110
    Erick Silva -150

    Over 1.5 -160
    Under 1.5 +120
    —–

    Patrick Cote +110
    Josh Burkman -150

    Over 2.5 -105
    Under 2.5 -135
    —–

    Francisco Trinaldo +150
    Chad Laprise -190

    Over 2.5 -230
    Under 2.5 +170
    —–

    Tony Sims +125
    Olivier Aubin-Mercier -165

    Over 2.5 -160
    Under 2.5 +120
    Reply
    Found this:

    Charles Oliveira +125
    Max Holloway -165

    Over 1.5 -175
    Under 1.5 +135
    —–

    Neil Magny +110
    Erick Silva -150

    Over 1.5 -160
    Under 1.5 +120
    —–

    Patrick Cote +110
    Josh Burkman -150

    Over 2.5 -105
    Under 2.5 -135
    —–

    Francisco Trinaldo +150
    Chad Laprise -190

    Over 2.5 -230
    Under 2.5 +170
    —–

    Tony Sims +125
    Olivier Aubin-Mercier -165

    Over 2.5 -160
    Under 2.5 +120
     
    sawman
    sawman
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 5100
    Posted: Aug. 12, 2015 - 12:11 AM ET #8

    Those lines don't seem correct

    Do you use bestfightodds.com? All MMA lines updated every few minutes
    Reply
    Those lines don't seem correct

    Do you use bestfightodds.com? All MMA lines updated every few minutes
     
    sawman
    sawman
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2011
    Posts: 5100
    Posted: Aug. 12, 2015 - 12:13 AM ET #9

    Silva more like -180/90
    Lap rise just better than -250
    Holloway started at -165 now over 200 everywhere
    Reply
    Silva more like -180/90
    Lap rise just better than -250
    Holloway started at -165 now over 200 everywhere
     
    BATM3
    BATM3
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2012
    Posts: 31
    Posted: Aug. 12, 2015 - 3:53 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by sawman:

    Those lines don't seem correct

    Do you use bestfightodds.com? All MMA lines updated every few minutes

    Yeah, figured these were outdated (https://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/ufc-fight-night-74-betting-odds) .  But just an idea and on the o/u.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sawman:

    Those lines don't seem correct

    Do you use bestfightodds.com? All MMA lines updated every few minutes

    Yeah, figured these were outdated (https://www.mmaoddsbreaker.com/news/ufc-fight-night-74-betting-odds) .  But just an idea and on the o/u.  
     
     
    RenegadesOfFunk
    RenegadesOfFunk
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2014
    Posts: 374
    Posted: Aug. 23, 2015 - 7:20 AM ET #11

    Oliviera takes this in my opinion.  Should be a great fight and personally think Do Bronx has no issues here. Imo the line should be even,  Holloway is the name everyone knows and the sheeples will line up and put their money on the fave and off to the slaughter house they will go.  
    Reply
    Oliviera takes this in my opinion.  Should be a great fight and personally think Do Bronx has no issues here. Imo the line should be even,  Holloway is the name everyone knows and the sheeples will line up and put their money on the fave and off to the slaughter house they will go.  
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 455,267
    • Wednesday 09/30/2026 636
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,440
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 10,616
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,190
    • PHILLY/ATL live in game comments welcome 614
    • PART DEUX 115
    • Trump's legacy? 32,958
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,114
    • Trump lies so much. 22,896

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.