R1: A trio of right hands hit for Cyborg from the outside. Evinger
trying to be creative here in how she approaches the very dangerous
Justino. She's long and experienced as a 36-year-old UFC rookie and
current Invicta FC champion.
R1: A trio of right hands hit for Cyborg from the outside. Evinger
trying to be creative here in how she approaches the very dangerous
Justino. She's long and experienced as a 36-year-old UFC rookie and
current Invicta FC champion.
R1: Evinger closes distance to take the power away from Cyborg's
spinning back kick attempt. Evinger forces the clinch along the cage and
takes Justino down momentarily.
R1: Evinger closes distance to take the power away from Cyborg's
spinning back kick attempt. Evinger forces the clinch along the cage and
takes Justino down momentarily.
ROUND 2: Evinger trying her best to do two things at the same time here
-- control distance with her jab but take chances and rush in with wild
strikes. Her problem is she hasn't landed anything that is giving Cyborg
pause.
ROUND 2: Evinger trying her best to do two things at the same time here
-- control distance with her jab but take chances and rush in with wild
strikes. Her problem is she hasn't landed anything that is giving Cyborg
pause.
ROUND 3: Big right hand from Cyborg and a head kick followed it. Evinger
remaining very tough. Down she goes on another kick. Cyborg lining up
some soccer kicks from her feet. Ref stands Evinger back up.
ROUND 3: Big right hand from Cyborg and a head kick followed it. Evinger
remaining very tough. Down she goes on another kick. Cyborg lining up
some soccer kicks from her feet. Ref stands Evinger back up.
R3: Justino patiently closing distance. Good knees from the clinch and
down goes Evinger! And that will do it. Beltran jumps in and Cyborg is a
UFC champion!
R3: Justino patiently closing distance. Good knees from the clinch and
down goes Evinger! And that will do it. Beltran jumps in and Cyborg is a
UFC champion!
Justino: "You know, I don't have the words for this. Thank you to the
fans for coming here to watch me. Cyborg Nation forever. A lot of things
have happened in my career but before I am just crazy inside the cage.
Now I am learning fighting. I have come down, I see the nice shots and I
throw the shots. And I have what it takes to be a champion. This is the
perfect time because I think I am at the top of my career now."
Justino: "You know, I don't have the words for this. Thank you to the
fans for coming here to watch me. Cyborg Nation forever. A lot of things
have happened in my career but before I am just crazy inside the cage.
Now I am learning fighting. I have come down, I see the nice shots and I
throw the shots. And I have what it takes to be a champion. This is the
perfect time because I think I am at the top of my career now."