It's an interesting fight, but Condit's an active bottom with elbows and his sub defense is pretty legit. Not taking away much from Maia, but his top style is to chain positional advantages over just going for a submission. It's why he is soooo good on the ground. I think Condit's defensive style is actually decent enough for NOT being subbed here. I also think Maia's defensive standup should be able to handle Condit. Cannot count out a flying knee during a takedown, nor just plain-ole getting caught, but IMO Maia by decision is the likely outcome.
It's an interesting fight, but Condit's an active bottom with elbows and his sub defense is pretty legit. Not taking away much from Maia, but his top style is to chain positional advantages over just going for a submission. It's why he is soooo good on the ground. I think Condit's defensive style is actually decent enough for NOT being subbed here. I also think Maia's defensive standup should be able to handle Condit. Cannot count out a flying knee during a takedown, nor just plain-ole getting caught, but IMO Maia by decision is the likely outcome.