I usually end up with small opportunities for arbitrage on just about every fight card. It's often so little (like 30$ or zero), that I just let the original bet ride. The key is to be on the right side early. Sometimes, you'll be on the wrong side, but hopefully more often you're on the right side There is no telling when the line will settle, but they usually move pretty good about 4 hours before the fight card starts and by the time the card starts, all of the major moving is usually done. Oh, and lastly, you need to have accounts at several books to take advantage of the line differences. I'm by no means some sort of arbitrage pro - just my two cents.
I usually end up with small opportunities for arbitrage on just about every fight card. It's often so little (like 30$ or zero), that I just let the original bet ride. The key is to be on the right side early. Sometimes, you'll be on the wrong side, but hopefully more often you're on the right side There is no telling when the line will settle, but they usually move pretty good about 4 hours before the fight card starts and by the time the card starts, all of the major moving is usually done. Oh, and lastly, you need to have accounts at several books to take advantage of the line differences. I'm by no means some sort of arbitrage pro - just my two cents.
I guess arbitrage by definition is freerolling where there is no risk. To have true arbitrage you would have to be betting on two sites where there was an immediate opportunity as you described above and there would be no risk. These occur and you can see them on sites like bestfightodds but they usually go away pretty quick as arbitrageurs take advantage of them. The other opportunities that occur over time are actually gambing.
I guess arbitrage by definition is freerolling where there is no risk. To have true arbitrage you would have to be betting on two sites where there was an immediate opportunity as you described above and there would be no risk. These occur and you can see them on sites like bestfightodds but they usually go away pretty quick as arbitrageurs take advantage of them. The other opportunities that occur over time are actually gambing.
Im not even sure when the line comes out lol. I guess these guys have been doing it for a while to know how public will bet at certain odds. If your wrong you are left with a big bet..
I will just try to figure out time for best odds.
Im not even sure when the line comes out lol. I guess these guys have been doing it for a while to know how public will bet at certain odds. If your wrong you are left with a big bet..