I am fully aware of Pereira's combat sports history. I still just don't understand this line...How is Strickland an underdog here?
I know Pereira trains with Glover, but I just think Strickland has way too big of a grappling advantage to be +100 here. I think he probably cruises to decision win by controlling Pereira against the cage + some control time on top.
I have 5u on Strickland, and thinking about sprinkling some more.
How do y'all feel? Anyone feel strongly about Pereira?
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Couple weeks away from Pereira be Strickland....
I am fully aware of Pereira's combat sports history. I still just don't understand this line...How is Strickland an underdog here?
I know Pereira trains with Glover, but I just think Strickland has way too big of a grappling advantage to be +100 here. I think he probably cruises to decision win by controlling Pereira against the cage + some control time on top.
I have 5u on Strickland, and thinking about sprinkling some more.
How do y'all feel? Anyone feel strongly about Pereira?
i feel the line is about right...maybe Strickland should be the slight favorite. Strickland needs to stay in his face and push him against the cage like you said. Make Pereira at least defend takedowns and use his shoulder and arm muscles and see how his conditioning holds up.
I think the UFC is praying Pereira Ko's him so they can fast track him to fight Izzy and publicize their history for a big PPV card.
I've read that Pereira had said that he thinks Strickland is the easiest fight in the division for him...we'll see
i feel the line is about right...maybe Strickland should be the slight favorite. Strickland needs to stay in his face and push him against the cage like you said. Make Pereira at least defend takedowns and use his shoulder and arm muscles and see how his conditioning holds up.
I think the UFC is praying Pereira Ko's him so they can fast track him to fight Izzy and publicize their history for a big PPV card.
I've read that Pereira had said that he thinks Strickland is the easiest fight in the division for him...we'll see
If Bruno couldn’t hold down Pereira…how does Strickland?
I think Strickland is a much better MMA grappler than Bruno. I think we see something similar from Strickland as we did in rds 4+5 of his fight with Uriah Hall.
Strickland is going to have to find that grappling success earlier in this fight (since it's 3 rounds instead of 5) and can't just rely on Peirera getting tired late.
I still think he will be able to control Peirera for a couple rounds and probably edges out a boring decision win.
Quote Originally Posted by monkeebooger:
If Bruno couldn’t hold down Pereira…how does Strickland?
I think Strickland is a much better MMA grappler than Bruno. I think we see something similar from Strickland as we did in rds 4+5 of his fight with Uriah Hall.
Strickland is going to have to find that grappling success earlier in this fight (since it's 3 rounds instead of 5) and can't just rely on Peirera getting tired late.
I still think he will be able to control Peirera for a couple rounds and probably edges out a boring decision win.