He's never fought a guy like Aldo. His best win has to be Porrier, but that's still a big gap. I have to imagine Aldo makes it a ground fight, especially if it reaches championship rounds. People know about Aldo's striking but a lot of people aren't familiar with his BJJ. Aldo has multiple world titles in BJJ and is 10 years undefeated in MMA. Conor has never fought on the ground. I think Aldo wins no matter where it takes place, but I imagine he will try to exploit Conor with grappling.
He's never fought a guy like Aldo. His best win has to be Porrier, but that's still a big gap. I have to imagine Aldo makes it a ground fight, especially if it reaches championship rounds. People know about Aldo's striking but a lot of people aren't familiar with his BJJ. Aldo has multiple world titles in BJJ and is 10 years undefeated in MMA. Conor has never fought on the ground. I think Aldo wins no matter where it takes place, but I imagine he will try to exploit Conor with grappling.
I really like a pissed off Jose Aldo. I think I'll make a medium bet on Aldo here soon near -120 and then when the drunk Irish money comes in after the weigh-ins and the day of the fight, more on Aldo.
I really like a pissed off Jose Aldo. I think I'll make a medium bet on Aldo here soon near -120 and then when the drunk Irish money comes in after the weigh-ins and the day of the fight, more on Aldo.
He's never fought a guy like Aldo. His best win has to be Porrier, but that's still a big gap. I have to imagine Aldo makes it a ground fight, especially if it reaches championship rounds. People know about Aldo's striking but a lot of people aren't familiar with his BJJ. Aldo has multiple world titles in BJJ and is 10 years undefeated in MMA. Conor has never fought on the ground. I think Aldo wins no matter where it takes place, but I imagine he will try to exploit Conor with grappling.
Agree with you on this - like JDS, Aldo's BJJ is rarely used in MMA, but is deadly. That being said, Conor's BJJ is decent. I know he was playing around saying he'd be in the IBJJF, but it'd be nice to see Conor on the ground. Do you have any footage? The only stuff I have seen is him is rolling with a training partner.
Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt:
He's never fought a guy like Aldo. His best win has to be Porrier, but that's still a big gap. I have to imagine Aldo makes it a ground fight, especially if it reaches championship rounds. People know about Aldo's striking but a lot of people aren't familiar with his BJJ. Aldo has multiple world titles in BJJ and is 10 years undefeated in MMA. Conor has never fought on the ground. I think Aldo wins no matter where it takes place, but I imagine he will try to exploit Conor with grappling.
Agree with you on this - like JDS, Aldo's BJJ is rarely used in MMA, but is deadly. That being said, Conor's BJJ is decent. I know he was playing around saying he'd be in the IBJJF, but it'd be nice to see Conor on the ground. Do you have any footage? The only stuff I have seen is him is rolling with a training partner.
Well said whitebelt....after your write-up, change your screen name to purple belt! Lol. I think it would be smart for Aldo to take it to the ground. McGregor isn't the type of guy you want to trade shots with...I can't wait to see this fight. We really haven't seen McGregor on the ground....he could be like a fish out of water. I'm leaning Aldo at the moment
Well said whitebelt....after your write-up, change your screen name to purple belt! Lol. I think it would be smart for Aldo to take it to the ground. McGregor isn't the type of guy you want to trade shots with...I can't wait to see this fight. We really haven't seen McGregor on the ground....he could be like a fish out of water. I'm leaning Aldo at the moment
I've got Aldo in a bunch of parlays and will prob bet a decent chunk on him in a single bet. Great value getting Aldo at only -120 range imo. So much hype with Conor which leads me to believe that is why his odds are the way they are.
If Conor wasn't such a great promoter and from Ireland plus UFC hyping him up then what do you think his odds would be? If he was quiet but still had his winning streak. I'm honestly curious to what you guys think his odds would be if he was like that.
I've got Aldo in a bunch of parlays and will prob bet a decent chunk on him in a single bet. Great value getting Aldo at only -120 range imo. So much hype with Conor which leads me to believe that is why his odds are the way they are.
If Conor wasn't such a great promoter and from Ireland plus UFC hyping him up then what do you think his odds would be? If he was quiet but still had his winning streak. I'm honestly curious to what you guys think his odds would be if he was like that.
I think McG's size is going to be difficult to deal with for Aldo. I hope Aldo can shut his yapper.
But, ya, his ground game is a mystery because he talked his way to titleshot with out having to fight the top half of the division. Mendes, Lamas, Frankie, Bermudez, Oliveira is in the picture now.
The UFC has protected him vs these guys so The UFC can get the big payday in Ireland.
Can't wait to see what happens
I think McG's size is going to be difficult to deal with for Aldo. I hope Aldo can shut his yapper.
But, ya, his ground game is a mystery because he talked his way to titleshot with out having to fight the top half of the division. Mendes, Lamas, Frankie, Bermudez, Oliveira is in the picture now.
The UFC has protected him vs these guys so The UFC can get the big payday in Ireland.
UFC put him in a title shot now because he's worth the most money right now. If they put him up against a top 5-er, there's a strong chance he would lose and the UFC would miss their payday. They are selling high, and I don't blame them.
UFC put him in a title shot now because he's worth the most money right now. If they put him up against a top 5-er, there's a strong chance he would lose and the UFC would miss their payday. They are selling high, and I don't blame them.
Without putting the real time in on this fight yet I have a slight lean towards McGregor right now. His movement and striking is just awesome. And he has that confidence that I like to look for, not just talking, but you can tell he trains his behind off and truly believes he has this in the bag (think the same confidence that Joanna and Weidman had). We all know Aldo is an absolute animal though.
Here's a cool promo vid I caught the other day:
https://youtu.be/F4MJYwg30aA
Without putting the real time in on this fight yet I have a slight lean towards McGregor right now. His movement and striking is just awesome. And he has that confidence that I like to look for, not just talking, but you can tell he trains his behind off and truly believes he has this in the bag (think the same confidence that Joanna and Weidman had). We all know Aldo is an absolute animal though.
UFC put him in a title shot now because he's worth the most money right now. If they put him up against a top 5-er, there's a strong chance he would lose and the UFC would miss their payday. They are selling high, and I don't blame them.
So you think the -125 for Aldo is a gift?
Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt:
UFC put him in a title shot now because he's worth the most money right now. If they put him up against a top 5-er, there's a strong chance he would lose and the UFC would miss their payday. They are selling high, and I don't blame them.
Everyone and their mother seems to be on Conor, I could see the line getting to even money or even Aldo being the dog. It's insanity for a guy with 4 wins fighting the most dominant champ currently active.
Everyone and their mother seems to be on Conor, I could see the line getting to even money or even Aldo being the dog. It's insanity for a guy with 4 wins fighting the most dominant champ currently active.
He has been the Champ to long, everyone losses whatever the reason, it is Conners turn now. When he hits someone they just go down and he will hit Aldo, u can be sure of that!
He has been the Champ to long, everyone losses whatever the reason, it is Conners turn now. When he hits someone they just go down and he will hit Aldo, u can be sure of that!
Conor puts people down because he's fighting lower quality opponents. You must not have watched the nuclear war that was Aldo-Mendes 2. Mendes has far more power and Aldo didn't go away and notched his 18th consecutive win. You like to ignore all that though because Conor beat 4 guys, none of whom were ranked highly.
Conor puts people down because he's fighting lower quality opponents. You must not have watched the nuclear war that was Aldo-Mendes 2. Mendes has far more power and Aldo didn't go away and notched his 18th consecutive win. You like to ignore all that though because Conor beat 4 guys, none of whom were ranked highly.
Conor puts people down because he's fighting lower quality opponents. You must not have watched the nuclear war that was Aldo-Mendes 2. Mendes has far more power and Aldo didn't go away and notched his 18th consecutive win. You like to ignore all that though because Conor beat 4 guys, none of whom were ranked highly.
Wasn't the Diamond 6th??? I could be wrong Whitebelt.
Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt:
Conor puts people down because he's fighting lower quality opponents. You must not have watched the nuclear war that was Aldo-Mendes 2. Mendes has far more power and Aldo didn't go away and notched his 18th consecutive win. You like to ignore all that though because Conor beat 4 guys, none of whom were ranked highly.
Wasn't the Diamond 6th??? I could be wrong Whitebelt.
You are wrong. Porier was 5th at the time of their fight :)
But at the end of the day, he's half the fighter Aldo is. I also believe Porier at 155 is twice the fighter he was at 145, and I think Porier agrees with me, hence the move. But I did mis-speak when I said none of them were ranked highly. Porier was and that is Conor's only win against a legitimate challenger. Still not enough to give him any sort of credit over Jose Aldo. We are talking about JOSE F-ING ALDO. I heard someone compare him to Renan Barao losing to Dillashaw. Not even the same situation.
You are wrong. Porier was 5th at the time of their fight :)
But at the end of the day, he's half the fighter Aldo is. I also believe Porier at 155 is twice the fighter he was at 145, and I think Porier agrees with me, hence the move. But I did mis-speak when I said none of them were ranked highly. Porier was and that is Conor's only win against a legitimate challenger. Still not enough to give him any sort of credit over Jose Aldo. We are talking about JOSE F-ING ALDO. I heard someone compare him to Renan Barao losing to Dillashaw. Not even the same situation.
I should stop disagreeing with these lames who are on Conor with no factual basis for such nonsense. I need their money to keep pouring in on Conor so that line keeps moving. I'd like to get the best odds possible on Jose so I can really cash in.
I should stop disagreeing with these lames who are on Conor with no factual basis for such nonsense. I need their money to keep pouring in on Conor so that line keeps moving. I'd like to get the best odds possible on Jose so I can really cash in.