I don't think UFC would change up this match up unless it's like a 4-6 month layoff. They spent too much $ building the monster match up. If Connor loses to one of those guys, it might be years until it happens.
Good thing they have the other title fight. Gunnar is still looking for an opponent I think.
And Means/Brown would get moved up.
Too many title fight injuries these days
I don't think UFC would change up this match up unless it's like a 4-6 month layoff. They spent too much $ building the monster match up. If Connor loses to one of those guys, it might be years until it happens.
Good thing they have the other title fight. Gunnar is still looking for an opponent I think.
I don't think UFC would change up this match up unless it's like a 4-6 month layoff. They spent too much $ building the monster match up. If Connor loses to one of those guys, it might be years until it happens.Good thing they have the other title fight. Gunnar is still looking for an opponent I think.And Means/Brown would get moved up.Too many title fight injuries these days
Well Dana's boy can't refuse if a guy wants to step up!!! It happened with Dillashaw. If he pulls McGregor off the card that division will sit for a year then.
Quote Originally Posted by sawman:
I don't think UFC would change up this match up unless it's like a 4-6 month layoff. They spent too much $ building the monster match up. If Connor loses to one of those guys, it might be years until it happens.Good thing they have the other title fight. Gunnar is still looking for an opponent I think.And Means/Brown would get moved up.Too many title fight injuries these days
Well Dana's boy can't refuse if a guy wants to step up!!! It happened with Dillashaw. If he pulls McGregor off the card that division will sit for a year then.
McGregor not getting another fight unless it's for an interim belt, which is possible for no other reason than its too big of fight to cancel. I don't think Conor would want it though. Conor is surely going to let his mouth go now. The UFC doesn't want him to fight another top contender, because their money train would come to a premature halt.
McGregor not getting another fight unless it's for an interim belt, which is possible for no other reason than its too big of fight to cancel. I don't think Conor would want it though. Conor is surely going to let his mouth go now. The UFC doesn't want him to fight another top contender, because their money train would come to a premature halt.
Well Dana is in a pickle now, because he buried Jones for not fighting on two weeks notice. Three weeks is plenty of time for a 5 round title eliminator!!!!
Well Dana is in a pickle now, because he buried Jones for not fighting on two weeks notice. Three weeks is plenty of time for a 5 round title eliminator!!!!
McGregor not getting another fight unless it's for an interim belt, which is possible for no other reason than its too big of fight to cancel. I don't think Conor would want it though. Conor is surely going to let his mouth go now. The UFC doesn't want him to fight another top contender, because their money train would come to a premature halt.
Hey I saw you threw back to back 7-4 weekends!!! Now that's the pace we like to see around here!!!
Quote Originally Posted by whitebelt:
McGregor not getting another fight unless it's for an interim belt, which is possible for no other reason than its too big of fight to cancel. I don't think Conor would want it though. Conor is surely going to let his mouth go now. The UFC doesn't want him to fight another top contender, because their money train would come to a premature halt.
Hey I saw you threw back to back 7-4 weekends!!! Now that's the pace we like to see around here!!!
This is a tricky situation for the UFC. Curious to see how they handle it. My guess is they'll give Aldo a couple of extra brown paper bags and tell him to fight injured. Therefore giving Aldo a built in excuse if/when he loses. Dana and Lorenzo get their Golden Boy the title, and the re-match with a theoretical full strength Aldo would sell more PPVs. Everyone makes money, and everyone is happy. Its Pro wrestling 101.
This is a tricky situation for the UFC. Curious to see how they handle it. My guess is they'll give Aldo a couple of extra brown paper bags and tell him to fight injured. Therefore giving Aldo a built in excuse if/when he loses. Dana and Lorenzo get their Golden Boy the title, and the re-match with a theoretical full strength Aldo would sell more PPVs. Everyone makes money, and everyone is happy. Its Pro wrestling 101.
Good news! https://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Statement-on-UFC-189
In light of recent reports regarding the status of UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo, UFC has received official medical confirmation from several doctors that Aldo did not suffer a broken rib. Following a review of the scans, it has been determined that the champion suffered a bone bruise to his rib and cartilage injury during training.
With this news, Aldo has expressed that he has every intention of facing Conor McGregor at UFC 189.
While Aldo has indicated that he will compete in Las Vegas on July 11, UFC has confirmed a contingency plan. No.1 featherweight contender Chad Mendes will face McGregor for the interim UFC featherweight championship in the event Aldo cannot compete.
UFC remains committed to delivering the featherweight and the welterweight championship fights at UFC 189 during UFC International Fight Week in Las Vegas.
Good news! https://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Statement-on-UFC-189
In light of recent reports regarding the status of UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo, UFC has received official medical confirmation from several doctors that Aldo did not suffer a broken rib. Following a review of the scans, it has been determined that the champion suffered a bone bruise to his rib and cartilage injury during training.
With this news, Aldo has expressed that he has every intention of facing Conor McGregor at UFC 189.
While Aldo has indicated that he will compete in Las Vegas on July 11, UFC has confirmed a contingency plan. No.1 featherweight contender Chad Mendes will face McGregor for the interim UFC featherweight championship in the event Aldo cannot compete.
UFC remains committed to delivering the featherweight and the welterweight championship fights at UFC 189 during UFC International Fight Week in Las Vegas.
Good news! https://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Statement-on-UFC-189
In light of recent reports regarding the status of UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo, UFC has received official medical confirmation from several doctors that Aldo did not suffer a broken rib. Following a review of the scans, it has been determined that the champion suffered a bone bruise to his rib and cartilage injury during training.
With this news, Aldo has expressed that he has every intention of facing Conor McGregor at UFC 189.
While Aldo has indicated that he will compete in Las Vegas on July 11, UFC has confirmed a contingency plan. No.1 featherweight contender Chad Mendes will face McGregor for the interim UFC featherweight championship in the event Aldo cannot compete.
UFC remains committed to delivering the featherweight and the welterweight championship fights at UFC 189 during UFC International Fight Week in Las Vegas.
It's going to be interesting seeing how this translates. Aldo will not be able to train for a couple weeks. I've had a couple rib injuries. Earlier this year I even went to the hospital for what turned out to be a bruised rib. I screamed if I sneezed. I could hardly move my body, couldn't sleep without popping percecets. And that's just day to day living. Aldo has to stop training, plain and simple.
Quote Originally Posted by ArchieAction:
Good news! https://www.ufc.com/news/UFC-Statement-on-UFC-189
In light of recent reports regarding the status of UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo, UFC has received official medical confirmation from several doctors that Aldo did not suffer a broken rib. Following a review of the scans, it has been determined that the champion suffered a bone bruise to his rib and cartilage injury during training.
With this news, Aldo has expressed that he has every intention of facing Conor McGregor at UFC 189.
While Aldo has indicated that he will compete in Las Vegas on July 11, UFC has confirmed a contingency plan. No.1 featherweight contender Chad Mendes will face McGregor for the interim UFC featherweight championship in the event Aldo cannot compete.
UFC remains committed to delivering the featherweight and the welterweight championship fights at UFC 189 during UFC International Fight Week in Las Vegas.
It's going to be interesting seeing how this translates. Aldo will not be able to train for a couple weeks. I've had a couple rib injuries. Earlier this year I even went to the hospital for what turned out to be a bruised rib. I screamed if I sneezed. I could hardly move my body, couldn't sleep without popping percecets. And that's just day to day living. Aldo has to stop training, plain and simple.
Interesting... Not sure what to think now. What odds would mendes be if he fought Connor? Ill prob be betting against Connor no matter who he fights pending on odds but not happy Aldo isn't 100%.
Interesting... Not sure what to think now. What odds would mendes be if he fought Connor? Ill prob be betting against Connor no matter who he fights pending on odds but not happy Aldo isn't 100%.
Interesting... Not sure what to think now. What odds would mendes be if he fought Connor? Ill prob be betting against Connor no matter who he fights pending on odds but not happy Aldo isn't 100%.
I don't like Conor anymore than anyone else. I'd rather have the champ act like Edgar and a few others BUT he makes me money and will continue to do so. If Aldo bails this will be the 6th time that has happened so Mendes steps in as a 2-1 dog at least.
Quote Originally Posted by MoneyShot:
Interesting... Not sure what to think now. What odds would mendes be if he fought Connor? Ill prob be betting against Connor no matter who he fights pending on odds but not happy Aldo isn't 100%.
I don't like Conor anymore than anyone else. I'd rather have the champ act like Edgar and a few others BUT he makes me money and will continue to do so. If Aldo bails this will be the 6th time that has happened so Mendes steps in as a 2-1 dog at least.
I don't like Conor anymore than anyone else. I'd rather have the champ act like Edgar and a few others BUT he makes me money and will continue to do so. If Aldo bails this will be the 6th time that has happened so Mendes steps in as a 2-1 dog at least.
It's not that I don't like him, I actually enjoy the cockiness and hype he creates. I'm just going to bet against him only because I like the odds of him losing. I think the hype has made his odds a bit skewed. I think he should of been a bigger underdog vs Aldo (before injury) and if he fights mendes and mendes is a big dog then ill hammer mendes. Connor seems a bit overrated at this point.
Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari29:
I don't like Conor anymore than anyone else. I'd rather have the champ act like Edgar and a few others BUT he makes me money and will continue to do so. If Aldo bails this will be the 6th time that has happened so Mendes steps in as a 2-1 dog at least.
It's not that I don't like him, I actually enjoy the cockiness and hype he creates. I'm just going to bet against him only because I like the odds of him losing. I think the hype has made his odds a bit skewed. I think he should of been a bigger underdog vs Aldo (before injury) and if he fights mendes and mendes is a big dog then ill hammer mendes. Connor seems a bit overrated at this point.