Posted:
#1
Thompson vs MacDonald is so intriguing because WonderBoy has essentially come from out of nowhere into the top 5. He's been fighting in UFC for a number of years, but I never saw this coming. I figured he'd be a striker who would get exposed with his lack of ground game.
Now, vs. Hendricks, did Johny even try to take him down? Or very hard? Or was it after he already got tagged and was not to full senses? I DO think Hendricks thought he could stand with him and that was his downfall.
Thompson is as good, diverse, and quick a striker as there is in the WW division and maybe all of UFC. McGregor like really, coming from all angles with punches and kicks.
Now Rory - Has been a top contender for almost his entire UFC career. Even losing that late fight to Condit he proved he could hang with the best. The issue I have with Rory in this fight is he uses his jab wand quickness getting in and out. That won't work this fight. He will have to fight dirt along the cage and hopefully get a take down every round. The thing I like most with Rory in the matchup is he is battle tested to the extreme. He has been in the deepest waters a fighter can get in. Thompson has not. It will be the plan of Rory and his coaches to take this fight deep.
Rory as an underdog? I'm on it
