• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Why is Brock Lesnar a +150 underdog to Mark Hunt at UFC#200??

    12 Next Last»
    scalabrine
    thecentaur
    BWS77
    Jason497
    kjrpat1
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2951
    Posts: 40
    12 Next Last»
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2016 - 1:17 PM ET #1

    I do not watch UFC, but when the biggest star in pro wrestling crosses over, I pay attention.

    Anyone who has opinions on this fight and if this line is legitimate, please speak.

    One of the primary reasons Brock is fighting at UFC#200 is for the WWE to get good mainstream publicity and have Brock cross back over to the ring as even more of a legitimate wrestler.

    A loss is bad publicity and weakens his character.

    Why wouldn't he be set up with a weaker opponent, or at least one that is weak enough to open as a coin flip?
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I do not watch UFC, but when the biggest star in pro wrestling crosses over, I pay attention.

    Anyone who has opinions on this fight and if this line is legitimate, please speak.

    One of the primary reasons Brock is fighting at UFC#200 is for the WWE to get good mainstream publicity and have Brock cross back over to the ring as even more of a legitimate wrestler.

    A loss is bad publicity and weakens his character.

    Why wouldn't he be set up with a weaker opponent, or at least one that is weak enough to open as a coin flip?
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2016 - 2:34 PM ET #2

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    I do not watch UFC, but when the biggest star in pro wrestling crosses over, I pay attention.



    I stopped watching pro wrestling when I was about 12.  Realize from now on whenever you attack me I will throw this gem of a quote out there so people understand the lunacy of the attacker

    That being said, why should the UFC capitulate to what the WWE wants?  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    I do not watch UFC, but when the biggest star in pro wrestling crosses over, I pay attention.



    I stopped watching pro wrestling when I was about 12.  Realize from now on whenever you attack me I will throw this gem of a quote out there so people understand the lunacy of the attacker

    That being said, why should the UFC capitulate to what the WWE wants?  
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2016 - 2:40 PM ET #3

    Well, he lost his last 2 fights in the first round which were in 2010 and 2011 so he has some rust for sure....   Hunt is 3-3-1 last 7 fights over the last 3 years and all 3 losses were to really good competition.   He also just fought in March KO'ing Frank Mir.   

    Lesnar was somewhat timid in his return from his bout with diverticulitis in those fights.   It'll be interesting to see what happens... personally I don't he will be in good enough shape to go past 1 round, so he needs to end it quickly otherwise he's gonna wear out and lose 
    Reply
    Well, he lost his last 2 fights in the first round which were in 2010 and 2011 so he has some rust for sure....   Hunt is 3-3-1 last 7 fights over the last 3 years and all 3 losses were to really good competition.   He also just fought in March KO'ing Frank Mir.   

    Lesnar was somewhat timid in his return from his bout with diverticulitis in those fights.   It'll be interesting to see what happens... personally I don't he will be in good enough shape to go past 1 round, so he needs to end it quickly otherwise he's gonna wear out and lose 
     
    Jason497
    Jason497
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2016
    Posts: 250
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2016 - 3:44 PM ET #4

    I could see Lesnar getting the fight to the ground and pounding Hunt out like he did to Mir. 

    A lot of people think Lesnar can't take a punch but the Carwin fight showed different. 

    I don't think he would take the fight unless he was 100% sure he was ready and over what derailed his MMA career in the past.

    Also for all Hunt is billed to be, he's 42. Mir is complete garbage now. He came in the Octogon incredibly out of shape for that fight and it showed. Bigfoot Silva is also complete garbage now, not sure his chin could withstand a shot from my 5 year old at this point.

    So besides a KO to Roy Nelson, Hunt hasn't done anything since that run he had from 2011-2013.

    Don't get me wrong, Hunt's punching power is extremely legit and he could catch Lesnar, but Lesnar's skills were and presumably still are legit as well. I think this fight should be close to a pick'em, there's value with the dog imo. I got Lesnar at +155 the day it went up, it's already down to +140.
    Reply
    I could see Lesnar getting the fight to the ground and pounding Hunt out like he did to Mir. 

    A lot of people think Lesnar can't take a punch but the Carwin fight showed different. 

    I don't think he would take the fight unless he was 100% sure he was ready and over what derailed his MMA career in the past.

    Also for all Hunt is billed to be, he's 42. Mir is complete garbage now. He came in the Octogon incredibly out of shape for that fight and it showed. Bigfoot Silva is also complete garbage now, not sure his chin could withstand a shot from my 5 year old at this point.

    So besides a KO to Roy Nelson, Hunt hasn't done anything since that run he had from 2011-2013.

    Don't get me wrong, Hunt's punching power is extremely legit and he could catch Lesnar, but Lesnar's skills were and presumably still are legit as well. I think this fight should be close to a pick'em, there's value with the dog imo. I got Lesnar at +155 the day it went up, it's already down to +140.
     
    kjrpat1
    kjrpat1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2015
    Posts: 127
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2016 - 3:46 PM ET #5

    Scal,

    Mark Hunt is a legitimate title contender, he is not some scrub joureyman. He is the cream of the crop at Heavyweight. He has tremendous IQ in regards to game planning, he has great takedown defense and is able keep the fight standing which is his specialty, and most importantly he has arguably the most powerful punches in all of MMA. 

    When he let's his hands go and opens up with those first several combinations, Brock will turtle up and the fight will be stopped. Mark Hunt is a world class striker who is extremely hard to take down to the mats. 

    This fight will not last more than a minute or two in my opinion. I've been following MMA since I'm 13, I'm 29 now. 
    Reply
    Scal,

    Mark Hunt is a legitimate title contender, he is not some scrub joureyman. He is the cream of the crop at Heavyweight. He has tremendous IQ in regards to game planning, he has great takedown defense and is able keep the fight standing which is his specialty, and most importantly he has arguably the most powerful punches in all of MMA. 

    When he let's his hands go and opens up with those first several combinations, Brock will turtle up and the fight will be stopped. Mark Hunt is a world class striker who is extremely hard to take down to the mats. 

    This fight will not last more than a minute or two in my opinion. I've been following MMA since I'm 13, I'm 29 now. 
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2016 - 4:05 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    I do not watch UFC, but when the biggest star in pro wrestling crosses over, I pay attention.

    Anyone who has opinions on this fight and if this line is legitimate, please speak.

    One of the primary reasons Brock is fighting at UFC#200 is for the WWE to get good mainstream publicity and have Brock cross back over to the ring as even more of a legitimate wrestler.

    A loss is bad publicity and weakens his character.

    Why wouldn't he be set up with a weaker opponent, or at least one that is weak enough to open as a coin flip?


    So he's the best actor among them!  

    I don't watch the UFC, but I'm pretty sure it's not choreographed.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    I do not watch UFC, but when the biggest star in pro wrestling crosses over, I pay attention.

    Anyone who has opinions on this fight and if this line is legitimate, please speak.

    One of the primary reasons Brock is fighting at UFC#200 is for the WWE to get good mainstream publicity and have Brock cross back over to the ring as even more of a legitimate wrestler.

    A loss is bad publicity and weakens his character.

    Why wouldn't he be set up with a weaker opponent, or at least one that is weak enough to open as a coin flip?


    So he's the best actor among them!  

    I don't watch the UFC, but I'm pretty sure it's not choreographed.  
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2016 - 6:23 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:


    I stopped watching pro wrestling when I was about 12.  Realize from now on whenever you attack me I will throw this gem of a quote out there so people understand the lunacy of the attacker

    That being said, why should the UFC capitulate to what the WWE wants?  



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:


    I stopped watching pro wrestling when I was about 12.  Realize from now on whenever you attack me I will throw this gem of a quote out there so people understand the lunacy of the attacker

    That being said, why should the UFC capitulate to what the WWE wants?  



     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2016 - 6:24 PM ET #8

    Not sure why the stigma with pro wrestling still goes on in GD. It's only funny to same group of frat boys pushing each other into the bushes and laughing every time.

    There is money to be made in pro wrestling. End of story.

    Anyhow, love the input BWS and Jason.

    But I'm sold on kjr's write-up simply because the line makes perfect sense based on what he wrote.

    And I even forgot Brock lost his last two fights, as BwS noted and he was hampered by a sickness or otherwise.

    Jason your argument about age and Lesnar's ability to catch him and ground and pound does scare me but I'm gonna have to take Hunt and the chalk for now.
    Reply
    Not sure why the stigma with pro wrestling still goes on in GD. It's only funny to same group of frat boys pushing each other into the bushes and laughing every time.

    There is money to be made in pro wrestling. End of story.

    Anyhow, love the input BWS and Jason.

    But I'm sold on kjr's write-up simply because the line makes perfect sense based on what he wrote.

    And I even forgot Brock lost his last two fights, as BwS noted and he was hampered by a sickness or otherwise.

    Jason your argument about age and Lesnar's ability to catch him and ground and pound does scare me but I'm gonna have to take Hunt and the chalk for now.
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2016 - 6:27 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    I do not watch UFC, but when the biggest star in pro wrestling crosses over, I pay attention.

    Anyone who has opinions on this fight and if this line is legitimate, please speak.



    Scal, BUBBY, how many times do I have to tell you?

    The WWE is "Choreographed extreme male hugging" and much like stuttering, having a high pitched voice, no pubes, or thinking girls are "icky", usually by the time you turn 12 you grow up and this goes away.....

    Now.....

    The UFC is real, real athletes fighting for real, throwing real punches and taking real hits. There's no "storylines" or "characters". No one's hitting anybody with a folding chair, or a 2X4, or placing a python on their "unconscious" body after they "win"....

    So, in your mind, and using your logic, you think Cain Velasquez and King Kong Bundy should be on the same level playing field otherwise the line looks "fishy"?


    Just stick to the WWE - leave the real sports to the adults.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    I do not watch UFC, but when the biggest star in pro wrestling crosses over, I pay attention.

    Anyone who has opinions on this fight and if this line is legitimate, please speak.



    Scal, BUBBY, how many times do I have to tell you?

    The WWE is "Choreographed extreme male hugging" and much like stuttering, having a high pitched voice, no pubes, or thinking girls are "icky", usually by the time you turn 12 you grow up and this goes away.....

    Now.....

    The UFC is real, real athletes fighting for real, throwing real punches and taking real hits. There's no "storylines" or "characters". No one's hitting anybody with a folding chair, or a 2X4, or placing a python on their "unconscious" body after they "win"....

    So, in your mind, and using your logic, you think Cain Velasquez and King Kong Bundy should be on the same level playing field otherwise the line looks "fishy"?


    Just stick to the WWE - leave the real sports to the adults.....
     
    PapaShango
    PapaShango
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 29065
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2016 - 6:53 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:



    Scal, BUBBY, how many times do I have to tell you?

    The WWE is "Choreographed extreme male hugging" and much like stuttering, having a high pitched voice, no pubes, or thinking girls are "icky", usually by the time you turn 12 you grow up and this goes away.....

    Now.....

    The UFC is real, real athletes fighting for real, throwing real punches and taking real hits. There's no "storylines" or "characters". No one's hitting anybody with a folding chair, or a 2X4, or placing a python on their "unconscious" body after they "win"....

    So, in your mind, and using your logic, you think Cain Velasquez and King Kong Bundy should be on the same level playing field otherwise the line looks "fishy"?


    Just stick to the WWE - leave the real sports to the adults.....

    You do realize Brock became UFC Heavyweight Champion coming from WWE, right?

    Anyone that clowns WWE is a clown.  Those guys are some of the most athletic men and women in the world.  

    Making fun of WWE is so boring and repetitive.  Nobody that likes wrestling cares about your opinions, so no reason to give them.  


    And you are really ignorant and stupid if you don't think there are storylines and characters in UFC.  Conor McGregor, Ronda Rousey, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva...Those guys aren't characters?  Of course they are.  Each PPV is bought based on the fights obviously, but because rivalries and storylines are a part of the sport.  If you don't see that then wake up.  Stop being ignorant.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:



    Scal, BUBBY, how many times do I have to tell you?

    The WWE is "Choreographed extreme male hugging" and much like stuttering, having a high pitched voice, no pubes, or thinking girls are "icky", usually by the time you turn 12 you grow up and this goes away.....

    Now.....

    The UFC is real, real athletes fighting for real, throwing real punches and taking real hits. There's no "storylines" or "characters". No one's hitting anybody with a folding chair, or a 2X4, or placing a python on their "unconscious" body after they "win"....

    So, in your mind, and using your logic, you think Cain Velasquez and King Kong Bundy should be on the same level playing field otherwise the line looks "fishy"?


    Just stick to the WWE - leave the real sports to the adults.....

    You do realize Brock became UFC Heavyweight Champion coming from WWE, right?

    Anyone that clowns WWE is a clown.  Those guys are some of the most athletic men and women in the world.  

    Making fun of WWE is so boring and repetitive.  Nobody that likes wrestling cares about your opinions, so no reason to give them.  


    And you are really ignorant and stupid if you don't think there are storylines and characters in UFC.  Conor McGregor, Ronda Rousey, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva...Those guys aren't characters?  Of course they are.  Each PPV is bought based on the fights obviously, but because rivalries and storylines are a part of the sport.  If you don't see that then wake up.  Stop being ignorant.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2016 - 7:16 PM ET #11

    True shango, they are among the elite of athletes I'll give ya that.
    Reply
    True shango, they are among the elite of athletes I'll give ya that.
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2016 - 7:21 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaShango:


    You do realize Brock became UFC Heavyweight Champion coming from WWE, right?

    Anyone that clowns WWE is a clown.  Those guys are some of the most athletic men and women in the world.  

    Making fun of WWE is so boring and repetitive.  Nobody that likes wrestling cares about your opinions, so no reason to give them.  


    And you are really ignorant and stupid if you don't think there are storylines and characters in UFC.  Conor McGregor, Ronda Rousey, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva...Those guys aren't characters?  Of course they are.  Each PPV is bought based on the fights obviously, but because rivalries and storylines are a part of the sport.  If you don't see that then wake up.  Stop being ignorant.
    We understand there are people who enjoy pro wrestling.  That's fine.  To post you only pay attn to a legit competition like the UFC when a WWE fighter gets involved is laughable though, especially considering the alternate reality in which the OP likes to have discussions with and criticize other posters.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaShango:


    You do realize Brock became UFC Heavyweight Champion coming from WWE, right?

    Anyone that clowns WWE is a clown.  Those guys are some of the most athletic men and women in the world.  

    Making fun of WWE is so boring and repetitive.  Nobody that likes wrestling cares about your opinions, so no reason to give them.  


    And you are really ignorant and stupid if you don't think there are storylines and characters in UFC.  Conor McGregor, Ronda Rousey, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva...Those guys aren't characters?  Of course they are.  Each PPV is bought based on the fights obviously, but because rivalries and storylines are a part of the sport.  If you don't see that then wake up.  Stop being ignorant.
    We understand there are people who enjoy pro wrestling.  That's fine.  To post you only pay attn to a legit competition like the UFC when a WWE fighter gets involved is laughable though, especially considering the alternate reality in which the OP likes to have discussions with and criticize other posters.


     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2016 - 7:35 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by PapaShango:


    You do realize Brock became UFC Heavyweight Champion coming from WWE, right? - Yeah, he was also cut by the Vikings. So what What's you're point? What can you say, the guy's a freak of nature. Kimbo Slice coming from the streets has a winning record too....

    Anyone that clowns WWE is a clown.  Those guys are some of the most athletic men and women in the world. - Nobody's saying they're not. You may want to re-read my original post. 

    Making fun of WWE is so boring and repetitive. - If it was real, nobody would be....  
    Nobody that likes wrestling cares about your opinions, so no reason to give them. - You're right. I guess the people that enjoy "The Kardashian" shows, or get off watching "2 Girls/1 Cup" could make the same argument 


    And you are really ignorant and stupid if you don't think there are storylines and characters in UFC.  Conor McGregor, Ronda Rousey, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva...Those guys aren't characters?  Of course they are.  Each PPV is bought based on the fights obviously, but because rivalries and storylines are a part of the sport.  If you don't see that then wake up.  Stop being ignorant. -  Much like any other sport's "Bad Boys", it's the real people talking trash, and trying to psych out their opponent - not made up characters and stories....Two words "Razor Ramon". The defense rests, your honor.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaShango:


    You do realize Brock became UFC Heavyweight Champion coming from WWE, right? - Yeah, he was also cut by the Vikings. So what What's you're point? What can you say, the guy's a freak of nature. Kimbo Slice coming from the streets has a winning record too....

    Anyone that clowns WWE is a clown.  Those guys are some of the most athletic men and women in the world. - Nobody's saying they're not. You may want to re-read my original post. 

    Making fun of WWE is so boring and repetitive. - If it was real, nobody would be....  
    Nobody that likes wrestling cares about your opinions, so no reason to give them. - You're right. I guess the people that enjoy "The Kardashian" shows, or get off watching "2 Girls/1 Cup" could make the same argument 


    And you are really ignorant and stupid if you don't think there are storylines and characters in UFC.  Conor McGregor, Ronda Rousey, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva...Those guys aren't characters?  Of course they are.  Each PPV is bought based on the fights obviously, but because rivalries and storylines are a part of the sport.  If you don't see that then wake up.  Stop being ignorant. -  Much like any other sport's "Bad Boys", it's the real people talking trash, and trying to psych out their opponent - not made up characters and stories....Two words "Razor Ramon". The defense rests, your honor.....
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2016 - 7:39 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Not sure why the stigma with pro wrestling still goes on in GD. It's only funny to same group of frat boys pushing each other into the bushes and laughing every time.

    There is money to be made in pro wrestling. End of story.

    Anyhow, love the input BWS and Jason.

    But I'm sold on kjr's write-up simply because the line makes perfect sense based on what he wrote.

    And I even forgot Brock lost his last two fights, as BwS noted and he was hampered by a sickness or otherwise.

    Jason your argument about age and Lesnar's ability to catch him and ground and pound does scare me but I'm gonna have to take Hunt and the chalk for now.

    I know he lost a LOT of weight and mass because of the sickness then he put it back on.  I'm sure that building that back up had to take a lot away from his normal training.   Honestly I'm just not sure he can compete with those upper echelon fighters anymore... he's 38 now.  I know Hunt is 42 but that's a long time off for a guy at his age.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Not sure why the stigma with pro wrestling still goes on in GD. It's only funny to same group of frat boys pushing each other into the bushes and laughing every time.

    There is money to be made in pro wrestling. End of story.

    Anyhow, love the input BWS and Jason.

    But I'm sold on kjr's write-up simply because the line makes perfect sense based on what he wrote.

    And I even forgot Brock lost his last two fights, as BwS noted and he was hampered by a sickness or otherwise.

    Jason your argument about age and Lesnar's ability to catch him and ground and pound does scare me but I'm gonna have to take Hunt and the chalk for now.

    I know he lost a LOT of weight and mass because of the sickness then he put it back on.  I'm sure that building that back up had to take a lot away from his normal training.   Honestly I'm just not sure he can compete with those upper echelon fighters anymore... he's 38 now.  I know Hunt is 42 but that's a long time off for a guy at his age.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jun. 11, 2016 - 11:43 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:

    We understand there are people who enjoy pro wrestling.  That's fine.  To post you only pay attn to a legit competition like the UFC when a WWE fighter gets involved is laughable though, especially considering the alternate reality in which the OP likes to have discussions with and criticize other posters.



    This post isn't about whether I enjoy pro wrestling.

    Brock Lesnar is the biggest star in the federation because he crossed over from the WWE TO the UFC. 

    He also is a world class wrestler in real life.

    All of this affects the line I posted. Yes, the line, so I could solicit opinions on it and make money.

    Wrestling fans gamble on wrestling and other sports. And there are millions of dedicated fans, and tens of millions more who are casual fans.

    When they see Lesnar fighting for REAL (as you frat boys like to put it) an inevitable amount of square money, and a lot of it at that, will flow in on Lesnar JUST because of his worldwide WWE exposure and because he is regarded as legitimate in a scripted match and a non-scripted one.

    That is why, knowing nothing about Hunt other than that he's not a top UFC star, I was shocked to see Lesnar open at +150.

    The true line is probably around +200/+220 just based on the books padding themselves against too much Lesnar exposure (and based on the posts above, it wouldn't be a shock if he won), but that is just conjecture.

    That is what makes Hunt an attractive option after reading this thread.

    It isn't about my fandom. It's about whether this is a good bet. Got it? No? Ok, not surprised.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:

    We understand there are people who enjoy pro wrestling.  That's fine.  To post you only pay attn to a legit competition like the UFC when a WWE fighter gets involved is laughable though, especially considering the alternate reality in which the OP likes to have discussions with and criticize other posters.



    This post isn't about whether I enjoy pro wrestling.

    Brock Lesnar is the biggest star in the federation because he crossed over from the WWE TO the UFC. 

    He also is a world class wrestler in real life.

    All of this affects the line I posted. Yes, the line, so I could solicit opinions on it and make money.

    Wrestling fans gamble on wrestling and other sports. And there are millions of dedicated fans, and tens of millions more who are casual fans.

    When they see Lesnar fighting for REAL (as you frat boys like to put it) an inevitable amount of square money, and a lot of it at that, will flow in on Lesnar JUST because of his worldwide WWE exposure and because he is regarded as legitimate in a scripted match and a non-scripted one.

    That is why, knowing nothing about Hunt other than that he's not a top UFC star, I was shocked to see Lesnar open at +150.

    The true line is probably around +200/+220 just based on the books padding themselves against too much Lesnar exposure (and based on the posts above, it wouldn't be a shock if he won), but that is just conjecture.

    That is what makes Hunt an attractive option after reading this thread.

    It isn't about my fandom. It's about whether this is a good bet. Got it? No? Ok, not surprised.

     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jun. 11, 2016 - 11:46 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:


    I know he lost a LOT of weight and mass because of the sickness then he put it back on.  I'm sure that building that back up had to take a lot away from his normal training.   Honestly I'm just not sure he can compete with those upper echelon fighters anymore... he's 38 now.  I know Hunt is 42 but that's a long time off for a guy at his age.

    He looked pretty beefy to me in those fights. When he came back to the WWE, you should have seen how out of shape (for his standards) he was then.

    38 year old vs. a 42 year old isn't all that bad!

    I wonder if Tank Abbot could have beaten Brock. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:


    I know he lost a LOT of weight and mass because of the sickness then he put it back on.  I'm sure that building that back up had to take a lot away from his normal training.   Honestly I'm just not sure he can compete with those upper echelon fighters anymore... he's 38 now.  I know Hunt is 42 but that's a long time off for a guy at his age.

    He looked pretty beefy to me in those fights. When he came back to the WWE, you should have seen how out of shape (for his standards) he was then.

    38 year old vs. a 42 year old isn't all that bad!

    I wonder if Tank Abbot could have beaten Brock. 
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jun. 11, 2016 - 11:48 AM ET #17

    Papa,

    Comparing Brock Lesnar to Kimbo Slice.....

    Need we say more to this simpleton??
    Reply
    Papa,

    Comparing Brock Lesnar to Kimbo Slice.....

    Need we say more to this simpleton??
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jun. 11, 2016 - 2:17 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Papa,

    Comparing Brock Lesnar to Kimbo Slice.....

    Need we say more to this simpleton??


    Kimbo Slice (R.I.P.) - 5-2
    Brock Lesnar - 5-3


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Papa,

    Comparing Brock Lesnar to Kimbo Slice.....

    Need we say more to this simpleton??


    Kimbo Slice (R.I.P.) - 5-2
    Brock Lesnar - 5-3


     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Jun. 11, 2016 - 3:18 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


    This post isn't about whether I enjoy pro wrestling.

    Brock Lesnar is the biggest star in the federation because he crossed over from the WWE TO the UFC. 

    He also is a world class wrestler in real life.

    All of this affects the line I posted. Yes, the line, so I could solicit opinions on it and make money.

    Wrestling fans gamble on wrestling and other sports. And there are millions of dedicated fans, and tens of millions more who are casual fans.

    When they see Lesnar fighting for REAL (as you frat boys like to put it) an inevitable amount of square money, and a lot of it at that, will flow in on Lesnar JUST because of his worldwide WWE exposure and because he is regarded as legitimate in a scripted match and a non-scripted one.

    That is why, knowing nothing about Hunt other than that he's not a top UFC star, I was shocked to see Lesnar open at +150.

    The true line is probably around +200/+220 just based on the books padding themselves against too much Lesnar exposure (and based on the posts above, it wouldn't be a shock if he won), but that is just conjecture.

    That is what makes Hunt an attractive option after reading this thread.

    It isn't about my fandom. It's about whether this is a good bet. Got it? No? Ok, not surprised.

    Several paragraphs of vomit explaining why you don't think 2+2=4

    "I do not watch UFC, but when the biggest star in pro wrestling crosses over, I pay attention." -Scalabrine 6/10/2016


    That's like saying you aren't interested in ladies, but when a hot guy dresses up as one you pay attention...ok bad example
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


    This post isn't about whether I enjoy pro wrestling.

    Brock Lesnar is the biggest star in the federation because he crossed over from the WWE TO the UFC. 

    He also is a world class wrestler in real life.

    All of this affects the line I posted. Yes, the line, so I could solicit opinions on it and make money.

    Wrestling fans gamble on wrestling and other sports. And there are millions of dedicated fans, and tens of millions more who are casual fans.

    When they see Lesnar fighting for REAL (as you frat boys like to put it) an inevitable amount of square money, and a lot of it at that, will flow in on Lesnar JUST because of his worldwide WWE exposure and because he is regarded as legitimate in a scripted match and a non-scripted one.

    That is why, knowing nothing about Hunt other than that he's not a top UFC star, I was shocked to see Lesnar open at +150.

    The true line is probably around +200/+220 just based on the books padding themselves against too much Lesnar exposure (and based on the posts above, it wouldn't be a shock if he won), but that is just conjecture.

    That is what makes Hunt an attractive option after reading this thread.

    It isn't about my fandom. It's about whether this is a good bet. Got it? No? Ok, not surprised.

    Several paragraphs of vomit explaining why you don't think 2+2=4

    "I do not watch UFC, but when the biggest star in pro wrestling crosses over, I pay attention." -Scalabrine 6/10/2016


    That's like saying you aren't interested in ladies, but when a hot guy dresses up as one you pay attention...ok bad example
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2016 - 9:40 AM ET #20

    Anyone's opinion differ on this fight since the time of posting?

    Hunt is now -165.

    I watched hunt fight after posting this. His ground game is nonexistent but his punching power is through the roof. I guess we hope, when Brock comes inside, he'll land a haymaker?

    Question: Is there any chance Silva can win? When I say 'any' I mean it within reason. We know anything can happen but if it's less than a 5% chance, I'm fine eating chalk.

    Cormier is going off at -485 but if Silva has zero chance, I'll just throw that in as a parlay. Just wanted confirmation from others.
    Reply
    Anyone's opinion differ on this fight since the time of posting?

    Hunt is now -165.

    I watched hunt fight after posting this. His ground game is nonexistent but his punching power is through the roof. I guess we hope, when Brock comes inside, he'll land a haymaker?

    Question: Is there any chance Silva can win? When I say 'any' I mean it within reason. We know anything can happen but if it's less than a 5% chance, I'm fine eating chalk.

    Cormier is going off at -485 but if Silva has zero chance, I'll just throw that in as a parlay. Just wanted confirmation from others.
     
    spocsstocks
    spocsstocks
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 1263
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2016 - 1:06 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    Well, he lost his last 2 fights in the first round which were in 2010 and 2011 so he has some rust for sure....   Hunt is 3-3-1 last 7 fights over the last 3 years and all 3 losses were to really good competition.   He also just fought in March KO'ing Frank Mir.   

    Lesnar was somewhat timid in his return from his bout with diverticulitis in those fights.   It'll be interesting to see what happens... personally I don't think he will be in good enough shape to go past 1 round, so he needs to end it quickly otherwise he's gonna wear out and lose 

     

    Good post.  Your right on in about everything you said. It isn't really that big of a fight lesnar is 5-3 and hunt is 12-10.  They are average mma competitors at best.  Lesnar is 38 Mark Hunt is 42.  That being said I don't watch it either and I don't have any doubt like pro wrestling the outcome is predetermined.  Lesnar hasn't taken much seriously in his pro career he went from pro wrestling, to trying to make an nfl team, to pro wrestling, to mma, to pro wrestler and part time mma fighter.  Mark Hunt is accusing him of being on steroids to and they aren't testing him. Don't know who will win and it doesn't really matter to me.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    Well, he lost his last 2 fights in the first round which were in 2010 and 2011 so he has some rust for sure....   Hunt is 3-3-1 last 7 fights over the last 3 years and all 3 losses were to really good competition.   He also just fought in March KO'ing Frank Mir.   

    Lesnar was somewhat timid in his return from his bout with diverticulitis in those fights.   It'll be interesting to see what happens... personally I don't think he will be in good enough shape to go past 1 round, so he needs to end it quickly otherwise he's gonna wear out and lose 

     

    Good post.  Your right on in about everything you said. It isn't really that big of a fight lesnar is 5-3 and hunt is 12-10.  They are average mma competitors at best.  Lesnar is 38 Mark Hunt is 42.  That being said I don't watch it either and I don't have any doubt like pro wrestling the outcome is predetermined.  Lesnar hasn't taken much seriously in his pro career he went from pro wrestling, to trying to make an nfl team, to pro wrestling, to mma, to pro wrestler and part time mma fighter.  Mark Hunt is accusing him of being on steroids to and they aren't testing him. Don't know who will win and it doesn't really matter to me.

     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2016 - 12:19 AM ET #22

    Lesnar looks to be in great shape...  Hunt looks dumpy.   Shocked if it goes much into the 2nd round
    Reply
    Lesnar looks to be in great shape...  Hunt looks dumpy.   Shocked if it goes much into the 2nd round
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2016 - 10:02 AM ET #23

    Good opinions throughout.

    I was afraid of Hunt's physique BWS but he appears to look more like than not in his other fights (and again, his other fights weren't all that impressive). Then the age issue took center stage as well. Then this got bumped to the Main Event.

    Not sure how books opened this at +150 with all this crossover appeal and I'm not sure how wrestling fans (who idolize Brock as legitimate in ring and out) didn't drive this line down all month. Maybe they don't gamble! 

    Then Nunez won as a +180/+200 dog which had even more value.

    Lots of money to be made last night by sharp dog bettors as is usually the case!

    Lastly, if you refuse to believe it: Brock is definitely on performance enhancers. For the UFC not to test him is a crime and it is thoroughly hypocritical for Brock to defame Jones' failed drug test as irresponsible. All the markers of steroid use are in Brock's physique. Not saying that won him the fight though but there is a reason for taking them.

    Reply

    Good opinions throughout.

    I was afraid of Hunt's physique BWS but he appears to look more like than not in his other fights (and again, his other fights weren't all that impressive). Then the age issue took center stage as well. Then this got bumped to the Main Event.

    Not sure how books opened this at +150 with all this crossover appeal and I'm not sure how wrestling fans (who idolize Brock as legitimate in ring and out) didn't drive this line down all month. Maybe they don't gamble! 

    Then Nunez won as a +180/+200 dog which had even more value.

    Lots of money to be made last night by sharp dog bettors as is usually the case!

    Lastly, if you refuse to believe it: Brock is definitely on performance enhancers. For the UFC not to test him is a crime and it is thoroughly hypocritical for Brock to defame Jones' failed drug test as irresponsible. All the markers of steroid use are in Brock's physique. Not saying that won him the fight though but there is a reason for taking them.

     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2016 - 10:40 AM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Good opinions throughout.

    I was afraid of Hunt's physique BWS but he appears to look more like than not in his other fights (and again, his other fights weren't all that impressive). Then the age issue took center stage as well. Then this got bumped to the Main Event.

    Not sure how books opened this at +150 with all this crossover appeal and I'm not sure how wrestling fans (who idolize Brock as legitimate in ring and out) didn't drive this line down all month. Maybe they don't gamble! 

    Then Nunez won as a +180/+200 dog which had even more value.

    Lots of money to be made last night by sharp dog bettors as is usually the case!

    Lastly, if you refuse to believe it: Brock is definitely on performance enhancers. For the UFC not to test him is a crime and it is thoroughly hypocritical for Brock to defame Jones' failed drug test as irresponsible. All the markers of steroid use are in Brock's physique. Not saying that won him the fight though but there is a reason for taking them.


    I would like to hear what Brocks game plan was ....   I liked how he worked hard in the first, then almost used the 2nd round to rest up for a punishing 3rd.   Great points made throughout by the announcers about how Brock felt robbed of his MMA career because  of the illness and also after the fight talking about how he had changed with his very humble victory interview.  It will be interesting to see how he fares with a step up in competition, but he proved that he can still be dominant on the ground
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Good opinions throughout.

    I was afraid of Hunt's physique BWS but he appears to look more like than not in his other fights (and again, his other fights weren't all that impressive). Then the age issue took center stage as well. Then this got bumped to the Main Event.

    Not sure how books opened this at +150 with all this crossover appeal and I'm not sure how wrestling fans (who idolize Brock as legitimate in ring and out) didn't drive this line down all month. Maybe they don't gamble! 

    Then Nunez won as a +180/+200 dog which had even more value.

    Lots of money to be made last night by sharp dog bettors as is usually the case!

    Lastly, if you refuse to believe it: Brock is definitely on performance enhancers. For the UFC not to test him is a crime and it is thoroughly hypocritical for Brock to defame Jones' failed drug test as irresponsible. All the markers of steroid use are in Brock's physique. Not saying that won him the fight though but there is a reason for taking them.


    I would like to hear what Brocks game plan was ....   I liked how he worked hard in the first, then almost used the 2nd round to rest up for a punishing 3rd.   Great points made throughout by the announcers about how Brock felt robbed of his MMA career because  of the illness and also after the fight talking about how he had changed with his very humble victory interview.  It will be interesting to see how he fares with a step up in competition, but he proved that he can still be dominant on the ground
     
     
    Livan33
    Livan33
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 907
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2016 - 10:43 AM ET #25

    Hey Scal, thanks for posting this thread. 

    I often look for your posts on lines you feel are off in an attempt to make a little money on sports I'm not as familiar with. I loved your thread on the hot dog eating contest and made some good money as a result. Even though this one didn't hit, it seemed to me like the thought process was correct. Is it possible the money from wrestling fans was evened out by actual mma bettors on Hunt? Just trying to sort out what might have happened so we can be prepared if a similar situation arises in the future. 

    I guess my question is really - looking back, do you think Hunt was a smart bet and we just go unlucky (Brock being in great shape, Hunt not being as prepared as expected etc.)? Or do you think there was something missed in the line analysis assuming that wwe bettors would essentially be betting Brock blindly?
    Reply
    Hey Scal, thanks for posting this thread. 

    I often look for your posts on lines you feel are off in an attempt to make a little money on sports I'm not as familiar with. I loved your thread on the hot dog eating contest and made some good money as a result. Even though this one didn't hit, it seemed to me like the thought process was correct. Is it possible the money from wrestling fans was evened out by actual mma bettors on Hunt? Just trying to sort out what might have happened so we can be prepared if a similar situation arises in the future. 

    I guess my question is really - looking back, do you think Hunt was a smart bet and we just go unlucky (Brock being in great shape, Hunt not being as prepared as expected etc.)? Or do you think there was something missed in the line analysis assuming that wwe bettors would essentially be betting Brock blindly?
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,352
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 433
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,875
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 835
    • PART DEUX 145
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,231
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,205
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,218

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.