• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Why I HATE Attending Live Games Anymore

    12 Next Last»
    TheDrizzle77
    steve1203
    sports_Network
    I_Need_A_Detox
    BWS77
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4354
    Posts: 43
    12 Next Last»
     
    TheDrizzle77
    TheDrizzle77
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 2685
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 3:39 AM ET #1

    I have been a Pittsburgh Pirates season ticket holder for four years now.  Prices have skyrocketed from the time that they stunk (when I bought them) to where they are consistent contenders.


    Here are my major beefs, and why I really just can't stand attending live games anymore.

    1. The T-shirt/hot dog toss.
    This happens at every ballpark in every state that Major League ball is played.  It's not the actual cheap, piece of s**t fabric that has a huge sponsor splattered on the back of a cheaply designed shirt that has your team's name on it.  It's the savages, the ruthless lunatics that fight tooth and nail to get that shirt, whether it be pushing you, her, him or that little boy over to get that cheaply designed shirt.  As if they wrapped these shirts with dead presidents, these people claw, push, fight, dive, slap and scream for them.  Why?  Why fight for something that cost an 11-year old Korean kid 20 cents to make?????

    2. The fight for a foul ball.
    Again, a ball that could be bought at Wal-Mart for 10 bucks is sought after like it was the lost arc, and this is your ONE chance to look at it.  I had brought my girlfriend to the game Friday (vs. Nationals) and she was kicked in the head by some kid who was being held by his dad literally over her head just so Starling Marte could throw a ball THAT HE DIDN'T HAVE BECAUSE GREGORY POLANCO ALL THE WAY IN RIGHT F**KING FIELD CAUGHT IT!!!!!  I get it, you want your son to have his first ball at a game, but to blatantly invade other peoples space, and to act like a girl pisssing herself because the Beatles are at Shea is just uncalled for.

    3. The absolute stupidity of your one-timer fans.
    These are the fans that come to that one game on the year.  They blow the wad to sit in the good seats to enjoy a good...what sport is this again?  Problem here is, this happens every game because I sit in the broker seats area.  You got just a few consistent season tix holders and the rest are one-and-doners.  I've heard it all.  They call Jung-Ho Kang everything but a Korean (Chinese, Filipino, Japanese and one time milato,) they think Pirates from 5-7 years ago still play on the team, they talk about how bad this player is on a 3 for 4 night because he struck out, embarrassing strategy, stupid references.  Makes you want to scream.

    4. The drunk kids/men/yinzerellas.
    Seems like one in three games you either get a group of kids, old ass men or a woman/en that are completely blasted off their rocker, make total fools of themselves, stumble, invade personal space, knock shitt over, annoy you, talk to you, the nine.  Guy next to me had beer dumped on him during the Cardinals series (think Friday night) and he got tossed with the drunk dude that dumped it on him for yelling and pushing the guy.  I mean what would you do if somebody dumped an entire cup on your head?  Don't understand the idea of getting black out drunk if you are paying that money to watch something you hope to remember.

    5. The smell.
    People stink.  Not always fat folk, your stereotypical drunk yinzer or what have you.  Sometimes it's women, kids, whatever, I've smelt some of the worst.  People that smell like they straight up pooped themselves and didn't even care to clean up.  I've seen some of these stinkers gag an entire section.  Seems to be a becoming trend of late too...

    6. Kids.
    Once again, I get it...you parents love to bring your kids to events.  Cool, but control the little f**kers at the same time.  Parents that just have no regard for anyone around them allow their kids to act like total f**king asssholes during the course of a game.  The crying, screaming, incidental kicking, hitting, spitting.  If your kid is not ready to attend a game and be an actual spectator, then f**k off until the kid is.  You are ruining the game for people that want to watch.

    7. The prices.
    I sneak my beers in on my waistline.  I also don't pay for parking...ever.  Still, I am paying almost double for my season tix now from my original contract.  And then add on the playoff tix package and the food that you inevitably buy and you are burning one serious hole.  What's the point anymore?  Unless you have money on the game and you break even on a winning bet compared to cost of attendance, it really stands at a loss.  I am really becoming one of those cynical asssholes that think about all the money I spend on the organization, and thinking about how I cheer for dudes that are multi-millionaires; and who wouldn't pay a dime for my bills if I ever lost my job (reference the Mickey Mantle quote from A Bronx Tale.)  
    NOTE: These one-and-doners have it the worst!  My seats on average cost about $130-150 per seat on Stubhub.  So you are paying 3-5 to sometimes 6 to attend a game with family, and then you get a beer and food and parking!?!?!?!?!  AAHHHHHHH!!

    8. The crowds/traffic.
    I don't know about your city, but Pittsburgh is a f**king nightmare to access.  I imagine normal Pitt congestion is the blueprints in which Hollywood goes about using to show us cities panicked by zombies, natural disasters or asteroids.  Add no public transportation, constant summertime construction, and a poorly designed city grid and you got a time-consuming mess on your hands.  I have to take a massive loop around the city just to park a mile from the stadium.  I live 3.5 miles from PNC Park, which takes about 11 minutes to get to w/o traffic.  An average Fri/Sat game it takes me roughly 35-45 minutes to get there.  Sunday about 30 min.  The f**k?

    9. No perks as a season tix holder.
    Thousands of dollars given to the organization and I don't get s**t.  No more batting practice, no field days, no nothing.   No perks at all.  You are treated like the other sardines that cram into the park.  Sure you get your playoff tix, but at a very expensive cost.  My season tix rep doesn't even know who the f**k I am after three years.  Really no benefit other than selling the tix for profit on sites like Stubhub (but then STHB smokes your asss with their 15% seller costs, and then the 20% buyer costs which raises the price for them, lowers it for you.)

    10. So what's the point?
    Lots of b**tching here, but a lot of it justified.  Between the people, the smells, the costs, the traffic, the lack of respect and so on, is there really any point to attend live games anymore?  Is it worth it?  Isn't it better just to enjoy the game from home?????


    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I have been a Pittsburgh Pirates season ticket holder for four years now.  Prices have skyrocketed from the time that they stunk (when I bought them) to where they are consistent contenders.


    Here are my major beefs, and why I really just can't stand attending live games anymore.

    1. The T-shirt/hot dog toss.
    This happens at every ballpark in every state that Major League ball is played.  It's not the actual cheap, piece of s**t fabric that has a huge sponsor splattered on the back of a cheaply designed shirt that has your team's name on it.  It's the savages, the ruthless lunatics that fight tooth and nail to get that shirt, whether it be pushing you, her, him or that little boy over to get that cheaply designed shirt.  As if they wrapped these shirts with dead presidents, these people claw, push, fight, dive, slap and scream for them.  Why?  Why fight for something that cost an 11-year old Korean kid 20 cents to make?????

    2. The fight for a foul ball.
    Again, a ball that could be bought at Wal-Mart for 10 bucks is sought after like it was the lost arc, and this is your ONE chance to look at it.  I had brought my girlfriend to the game Friday (vs. Nationals) and she was kicked in the head by some kid who was being held by his dad literally over her head just so Starling Marte could throw a ball THAT HE DIDN'T HAVE BECAUSE GREGORY POLANCO ALL THE WAY IN RIGHT F**KING FIELD CAUGHT IT!!!!!  I get it, you want your son to have his first ball at a game, but to blatantly invade other peoples space, and to act like a girl pisssing herself because the Beatles are at Shea is just uncalled for.

    3. The absolute stupidity of your one-timer fans.
    These are the fans that come to that one game on the year.  They blow the wad to sit in the good seats to enjoy a good...what sport is this again?  Problem here is, this happens every game because I sit in the broker seats area.  You got just a few consistent season tix holders and the rest are one-and-doners.  I've heard it all.  They call Jung-Ho Kang everything but a Korean (Chinese, Filipino, Japanese and one time milato,) they think Pirates from 5-7 years ago still play on the team, they talk about how bad this player is on a 3 for 4 night because he struck out, embarrassing strategy, stupid references.  Makes you want to scream.

    4. The drunk kids/men/yinzerellas.
    Seems like one in three games you either get a group of kids, old ass men or a woman/en that are completely blasted off their rocker, make total fools of themselves, stumble, invade personal space, knock shitt over, annoy you, talk to you, the nine.  Guy next to me had beer dumped on him during the Cardinals series (think Friday night) and he got tossed with the drunk dude that dumped it on him for yelling and pushing the guy.  I mean what would you do if somebody dumped an entire cup on your head?  Don't understand the idea of getting black out drunk if you are paying that money to watch something you hope to remember.

    5. The smell.
    People stink.  Not always fat folk, your stereotypical drunk yinzer or what have you.  Sometimes it's women, kids, whatever, I've smelt some of the worst.  People that smell like they straight up pooped themselves and didn't even care to clean up.  I've seen some of these stinkers gag an entire section.  Seems to be a becoming trend of late too...

    6. Kids.
    Once again, I get it...you parents love to bring your kids to events.  Cool, but control the little f**kers at the same time.  Parents that just have no regard for anyone around them allow their kids to act like total f**king asssholes during the course of a game.  The crying, screaming, incidental kicking, hitting, spitting.  If your kid is not ready to attend a game and be an actual spectator, then f**k off until the kid is.  You are ruining the game for people that want to watch.

    7. The prices.
    I sneak my beers in on my waistline.  I also don't pay for parking...ever.  Still, I am paying almost double for my season tix now from my original contract.  And then add on the playoff tix package and the food that you inevitably buy and you are burning one serious hole.  What's the point anymore?  Unless you have money on the game and you break even on a winning bet compared to cost of attendance, it really stands at a loss.  I am really becoming one of those cynical asssholes that think about all the money I spend on the organization, and thinking about how I cheer for dudes that are multi-millionaires; and who wouldn't pay a dime for my bills if I ever lost my job (reference the Mickey Mantle quote from A Bronx Tale.)  
    NOTE: These one-and-doners have it the worst!  My seats on average cost about $130-150 per seat on Stubhub.  So you are paying 3-5 to sometimes 6 to attend a game with family, and then you get a beer and food and parking!?!?!?!?!  AAHHHHHHH!!

    8. The crowds/traffic.
    I don't know about your city, but Pittsburgh is a f**king nightmare to access.  I imagine normal Pitt congestion is the blueprints in which Hollywood goes about using to show us cities panicked by zombies, natural disasters or asteroids.  Add no public transportation, constant summertime construction, and a poorly designed city grid and you got a time-consuming mess on your hands.  I have to take a massive loop around the city just to park a mile from the stadium.  I live 3.5 miles from PNC Park, which takes about 11 minutes to get to w/o traffic.  An average Fri/Sat game it takes me roughly 35-45 minutes to get there.  Sunday about 30 min.  The f**k?

    9. No perks as a season tix holder.
    Thousands of dollars given to the organization and I don't get s**t.  No more batting practice, no field days, no nothing.   No perks at all.  You are treated like the other sardines that cram into the park.  Sure you get your playoff tix, but at a very expensive cost.  My season tix rep doesn't even know who the f**k I am after three years.  Really no benefit other than selling the tix for profit on sites like Stubhub (but then STHB smokes your asss with their 15% seller costs, and then the 20% buyer costs which raises the price for them, lowers it for you.)

    10. So what's the point?
    Lots of b**tching here, but a lot of it justified.  Between the people, the smells, the costs, the traffic, the lack of respect and so on, is there really any point to attend live games anymore?  Is it worth it?  Isn't it better just to enjoy the game from home?????


     
    steve1203
    steve1203
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 335
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 5:31 AM ET #2

    You should go to an Oakland Raiders game. You spend half the time avoiding eye contact with some scary looking guys.
    Reply
    You should go to an Oakland Raiders game. You spend half the time avoiding eye contact with some scary looking guys.
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 9:15 AM ET #3

    Drizzle77, Yes their are numerous points to attend a game 'live' as opposed to sitting at home and thinking your enjoying yourself. watching baseball on TV  (most boring sport one can encounter on TV) I find it difficult for anyone to share your assessment that watching any sport live is even remotely comparable to sitting in front of a TV...may I suggest the next time you attend a Pirates game live, administer aprx 5m of Valium one hour before the first pitch, this will relieve your bypolarism, and balance the dramatic hysteria that you have acquired over the years at the Ballpark
    Reply
    Drizzle77, Yes their are numerous points to attend a game 'live' as opposed to sitting at home and thinking your enjoying yourself. watching baseball on TV  (most boring sport one can encounter on TV) I find it difficult for anyone to share your assessment that watching any sport live is even remotely comparable to sitting in front of a TV...may I suggest the next time you attend a Pirates game live, administer aprx 5m of Valium one hour before the first pitch, this will relieve your bypolarism, and balance the dramatic hysteria that you have acquired over the years at the Ballpark
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 9:33 AM ET #4

    Baseball and football games are terrible. And I have Fenway and the Patriots. 

    I liked going to Bruins and Celtics games a few years ago when they were good. 

    I'll take people for business or take a few friends if someone gives me really good seats .. Other than that - no thanks. 
    Reply
    Baseball and football games are terrible. And I have Fenway and the Patriots. 

    I liked going to Bruins and Celtics games a few years ago when they were good. 

    I'll take people for business or take a few friends if someone gives me really good seats .. Other than that - no thanks. 
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 9:36 AM ET #5

    I haven't gone to a game since around 2004 or so.   Never been to the new Browns stadium (not a Browns fan, but still went to the old stadium for games growing up).   Gone to 1 Cavs game since they drafted Lebron (in his rookie year).   Indians game was the last thing I went to, and even that sucked in April having to dress like I was going out skiing with layers of clothes and froze my @ss off.   

    I do want to see a live NHL game this season though, mostly because I've never been to one so I'll either be going to Pittsburgh or Columbus
    Reply
    I haven't gone to a game since around 2004 or so.   Never been to the new Browns stadium (not a Browns fan, but still went to the old stadium for games growing up).   Gone to 1 Cavs game since they drafted Lebron (in his rookie year).   Indians game was the last thing I went to, and even that sucked in April having to dress like I was going out skiing with layers of clothes and froze my @ss off.   

    I do want to see a live NHL game this season though, mostly because I've never been to one so I'll either be going to Pittsburgh or Columbus
     
    Johnzimbo34
    Johnzimbo34
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 1299
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 10:37 AM ET #6

    I thought doing anything in Pittsburgh sucked, not just baseball :)
    Reply
    I thought doing anything in Pittsburgh sucked, not just baseball :)
     
    bigvern1013
    bigvern1013
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 3051
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 10:45 AM ET #7

    Sounds miserable.  Maybe bag the season tickets next season and go to Hawaii instead.

    I hit about 1-2 Montana Griz football games per year and that is it.

    Never Make A Winner A Loser. Never.
    Reply

    Sounds miserable.  Maybe bag the season tickets next season and go to Hawaii instead.

    I hit about 1-2 Montana Griz football games per year and that is it.

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 12:20 PM ET #8

     I can relate Driz.........now in my 50's, the allure of putting up with the bs has waned. I still go to some games every year (M's, Seahawks, Huskies) but it's usually someone elses tix & I think harder & harder about accepting invites every year.
     Part of it, for me, is that I've been to so many games over the years that the excitement of the idea of attending the game is being replaced by the thought of the hassle of attending the game. When I do go, we do the same thing you do.........bring our own food & booze, always know where can park either cheap or free, & have a good escape route for after the game. We used to do this because we couldn't hardly afford it all in our younger years.........now we do it out of principle.
    Reply
     I can relate Driz.........now in my 50's, the allure of putting up with the bs has waned. I still go to some games every year (M's, Seahawks, Huskies) but it's usually someone elses tix & I think harder & harder about accepting invites every year.
     Part of it, for me, is that I've been to so many games over the years that the excitement of the idea of attending the game is being replaced by the thought of the hassle of attending the game. When I do go, we do the same thing you do.........bring our own food & booze, always know where can park either cheap or free, & have a good escape route for after the game. We used to do this because we couldn't hardly afford it all in our younger years.........now we do it out of principle.
     
    FiatLux4
    FiatLux4
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 704
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 1:55 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    I do want to see a live NHL game this season though, mostly because I've never been to one so I'll either be going to Pittsburgh or Columbus

    Honestly man, make the trip to Chicago and go see the Hawks. I've seen sporting events everywhere and there is nothing like the UC. You will have chills six or seven times throughout any Hawks game.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    I do want to see a live NHL game this season though, mostly because I've never been to one so I'll either be going to Pittsburgh or Columbus

    Honestly man, make the trip to Chicago and go see the Hawks. I've seen sporting events everywhere and there is nothing like the UC. You will have chills six or seven times throughout any Hawks game.
     
    TheDrizzle77
    TheDrizzle77
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 2685
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 2:37 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

    Drizzle77, Yes their are numerous points to attend a game 'live' as opposed to sitting at home and thinking your enjoying yourself. watching baseball on TV  (most boring sport one can encounter on TV) I find it difficult for anyone to share your assessment that watching any sport live is even remotely comparable to sitting in front of a TV...may I suggest the next time you attend a Pirates game live, administer aprx 5m of Valium one hour before the first pitch, this will relieve your bypolarism, and balance the dramatic hysteria that you have acquired over the years at the Ballpark

    Not sure what bypolarism is.  And if you were going to diagnose me with bipolar by just reading one post, I would assume there was another post where I talked about how great it was to attend ball games with no issues or concerns at all.

    All of my encounters are true, and they are getting worse and worse.  Maybe you have had better experiences, and for that, congratulations.

    I've been smothered by unruly asssholes, ignorant parents, drunk buffoons over the last few years.  The mystique of the game is ruined by fans in my personal experience.  Like I said, I love baseball, and my cynicism dies off  in the shallow end when thinking about cheering for athletes that devour my income; but I am a man spending over 6K per year for seats, and the fans and prices are coupling to push me out of the ballpark and never wanting to attend again.

    I don't see how any season ticket holder that is not directly behind home plate or in a personal suite could disagree.  I can see a one-and-doner, or somebody that attends less than 5 a game, or IS one of those drunk asssholes that ruins it for everybody else could disagree.

    I'm not insinuating that you're one of those, because I don't immaturely diagnose people that I never met over the internet....unlike, well you.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sports_Network:

    Drizzle77, Yes their are numerous points to attend a game 'live' as opposed to sitting at home and thinking your enjoying yourself. watching baseball on TV  (most boring sport one can encounter on TV) I find it difficult for anyone to share your assessment that watching any sport live is even remotely comparable to sitting in front of a TV...may I suggest the next time you attend a Pirates game live, administer aprx 5m of Valium one hour before the first pitch, this will relieve your bypolarism, and balance the dramatic hysteria that you have acquired over the years at the Ballpark

    Not sure what bypolarism is.  And if you were going to diagnose me with bipolar by just reading one post, I would assume there was another post where I talked about how great it was to attend ball games with no issues or concerns at all.

    All of my encounters are true, and they are getting worse and worse.  Maybe you have had better experiences, and for that, congratulations.

    I've been smothered by unruly asssholes, ignorant parents, drunk buffoons over the last few years.  The mystique of the game is ruined by fans in my personal experience.  Like I said, I love baseball, and my cynicism dies off  in the shallow end when thinking about cheering for athletes that devour my income; but I am a man spending over 6K per year for seats, and the fans and prices are coupling to push me out of the ballpark and never wanting to attend again.

    I don't see how any season ticket holder that is not directly behind home plate or in a personal suite could disagree.  I can see a one-and-doner, or somebody that attends less than 5 a game, or IS one of those drunk asssholes that ruins it for everybody else could disagree.

    I'm not insinuating that you're one of those, because I don't immaturely diagnose people that I never met over the internet....unlike, well you.
     
    Michfan15
    Michfan15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 11316
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 6:01 PM ET #11

    This is the main issue facing all the leagues.  The home viewing experience is just so good now and so much cheaper the various leagues need to come up with incentives to keep people buying tickets.  Curious to see how this plays out over the next 5 years and whether attendance at pro sporting events will drastically decline or not.
    Reply
    This is the main issue facing all the leagues.  The home viewing experience is just so good now and so much cheaper the various leagues need to come up with incentives to keep people buying tickets.  Curious to see how this plays out over the next 5 years and whether attendance at pro sporting events will drastically decline or not.
     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 6:57 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by steve1203:

    You should go to an Oakland Raiders game. You spend half the time avoiding eye contact with some scary looking guys.



    Its a crazy bunch. I love it. I go but don;t dress up, but I got some great photos. Hope they don't move back to. Los Angeles. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1203:

    You should go to an Oakland Raiders game. You spend half the time avoiding eye contact with some scary looking guys.



    Its a crazy bunch. I love it. I go but don;t dress up, but I got some great photos. Hope they don't move back to. Los Angeles. 
     
    Coin Toss
    Coin Toss
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 485
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 6:58 PM ET #13

    Drizzle,

    When I lived in Vegas and we first got the Stars (AAA Padres at the time) we'd always hear things like "What level team is this?" and "do they have a parent team in the majors?" 

    There were promotions on most nights, towels, hats, t-shirts, etc....but on Tuesday and Wednesday nights the only promotion was 50 cent seats for senior citizens. Those were the nights the real fans showed up.

    One night there were fireworks after the game and some lady who brought her four kids with here said she wished they'd 'skip the damn game' and get to the fireworks. It was great to hear those around her chant "Go home lady...."

    Reply

    Drizzle,

    When I lived in Vegas and we first got the Stars (AAA Padres at the time) we'd always hear things like "What level team is this?" and "do they have a parent team in the majors?" 

    There were promotions on most nights, towels, hats, t-shirts, etc....but on Tuesday and Wednesday nights the only promotion was 50 cent seats for senior citizens. Those were the nights the real fans showed up.

    One night there were fireworks after the game and some lady who brought her four kids with here said she wished they'd 'skip the damn game' and get to the fireworks. It was great to hear those around her chant "Go home lady...."

     
    SportsFan9698
    SportsFan9698
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 5575
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 7:14 PM ET #14

    I always had a great time at the ballpark - damn you complain alot


    Reply
    I always had a great time at the ballpark - damn you complain alot


     
    TheDrizzle77
    TheDrizzle77
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 2685
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 8:13 PM ET #15

    Oh I'm an absolute assshole, sportsfan.  I mean anybody that reads my material should pick up easily on my scumbag attire.

    And as a season ticket holder, I'm also under the impression that seeing the large amount of games I've attended, maybe it is just getting old too me. 

    I post this to see really what degree of an assshole I am.  Do others feel this way?  I mean, sportsfan (insert real name here), are you one of those that elbow, kick, shove and push people to get one of those cheap shirts they shoot out of a cannon?  Or am I just an assshole because I won't stand up and shove to get one of those shirts shot out of the cannon with the rest?  

    I know it's all about perception for this topic.  I'll be a total d**khead at the end of the day either way, but I know, especially by reading the feedback so far, that I am not totally off base here by saying a trip to the ballpark is just not worth it- especially as a STH.


    Reply
    Oh I'm an absolute assshole, sportsfan.  I mean anybody that reads my material should pick up easily on my scumbag attire.

    And as a season ticket holder, I'm also under the impression that seeing the large amount of games I've attended, maybe it is just getting old too me. 

    I post this to see really what degree of an assshole I am.  Do others feel this way?  I mean, sportsfan (insert real name here), are you one of those that elbow, kick, shove and push people to get one of those cheap shirts they shoot out of a cannon?  Or am I just an assshole because I won't stand up and shove to get one of those shirts shot out of the cannon with the rest?  

    I know it's all about perception for this topic.  I'll be a total d**khead at the end of the day either way, but I know, especially by reading the feedback so far, that I am not totally off base here by saying a trip to the ballpark is just not worth it- especially as a STH.


     
    isport
    isport
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 1138
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 10:44 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle77:



    And as a season ticket holder, I'm also under the impression that seeing the large amount of games I've attended, maybe it is just getting old too me. 






    Im sure a lot of it is that. Take time out and miss it then get back into it.

    Can't you get a membership that will get you in an area where the rednecks wont ruin it for you?

    I downgraded my club membership this year (Aussie rules) to just a general entry membership. I'll definitely upgrade again next season. The bogans (similar to rednecks or trailer trash) really can make the game un enjoyable. I don't want beer spilled on me nor do i want to listen to the trash and filth of the loudmouth the entire game.

    All things are avoidable i guess.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle77:



    And as a season ticket holder, I'm also under the impression that seeing the large amount of games I've attended, maybe it is just getting old too me. 






    Im sure a lot of it is that. Take time out and miss it then get back into it.

    Can't you get a membership that will get you in an area where the rednecks wont ruin it for you?

    I downgraded my club membership this year (Aussie rules) to just a general entry membership. I'll definitely upgrade again next season. The bogans (similar to rednecks or trailer trash) really can make the game un enjoyable. I don't want beer spilled on me nor do i want to listen to the trash and filth of the loudmouth the entire game.

    All things are avoidable i guess.
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 11:03 PM ET #17

    [Quote: Originally Posted by TheDrizzle77
    I sneak my beers in on my waistline.


    [/Quote]

    How the hell are you doing that? Unopened cans or do you pour like a 6-pack into a boda bag? Or, do you suffer from a severe case of "Dunlap's Disease" and no one questions your huge gunt as you walk into the stadium.....

    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by TheDrizzle77
    I sneak my beers in on my waistline.


    [/Quote]

    How the hell are you doing that? Unopened cans or do you pour like a 6-pack into a boda bag? Or, do you suffer from a severe case of "Dunlap's Disease" and no one questions your huge gunt as you walk into the stadium.....

     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 11:08 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle77:

    ,
    I sneak my beers in on my waistline.


    ^^^

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle77:

    ,
    I sneak my beers in on my waistline.


    ^^^

     
    TheDrizzle77
    TheDrizzle77
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 2685
    Posted: Jul. 26, 2015 - 11:15 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    How the hell are you doing that? Unopened cans or do you pour like a 6-pack into a boda bag? Or, do you suffer from a severe case of "Dunlap's Disease" and no one questions your huge gunt as you walk into the stadium.....


    It involves my jersey, my khaki shorts and three Miller Lite bottles.  Sneak two on your belt line in the front and one in the back.  Can't see s**t with the jersey covering your belt line.  If I decided to wear a regular t-shirt, then I would have to explain how it was NOT A TUMOR!!!!!! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    How the hell are you doing that? Unopened cans or do you pour like a 6-pack into a boda bag? Or, do you suffer from a severe case of "Dunlap's Disease" and no one questions your huge gunt as you walk into the stadium.....


    It involves my jersey, my khaki shorts and three Miller Lite bottles.  Sneak two on your belt line in the front and one in the back.  Can't see s**t with the jersey covering your belt line.  If I decided to wear a regular t-shirt, then I would have to explain how it was NOT A TUMOR!!!!!! 
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2015 - 8:20 AM ET #20

    I don't agree with much of what you offer here but outside of 5 and 6, I agree with everything on that list (never really had someone physically 'smell' next to me at a game).

    You get the game free on HDTV, and a broadcast, and a fridge and you can switch over to MLB or NFL network for scores and highlights in the comfort  your own home. Or you can deal with the list above...

    The choice is obvious.

    Reply

    I don't agree with much of what you offer here but outside of 5 and 6, I agree with everything on that list (never really had someone physically 'smell' next to me at a game).

    You get the game free on HDTV, and a broadcast, and a fridge and you can switch over to MLB or NFL network for scores and highlights in the comfort  your own home. Or you can deal with the list above...

    The choice is obvious.

     
    gfinger
    gfinger
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2003
    Posts: 8346
    Posted: Jul. 27, 2015 - 12:59 PM ET #21

    #1 and #2, so true. I never understand the human mentality to go absolutely crazy over a free, useless item. 
    Reply
    #1 and #2, so true. I never understand the human mentality to go absolutely crazy over a free, useless item. 
     
    docterd597
    docterd597
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 16760
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2015 - 5:44 AM ET #22

    Oboy ....Im going to Fenway on Saturday  Ill let you know how I made out.
    Reply
    Oboy ....Im going to Fenway on Saturday  Ill let you know how I made out.
     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Jul. 28, 2015 - 9:11 PM ET #23

    GREAT POST!!! esp 3. The absolute stupidity of your one-timer fans.

    REALLY BAD at Penguins playoff games back in the "Mario" days. these people jump up for ANYTHING. felt like a Texas A&M 12th man" standing throughout the game" just to SEE a play happen. felt like a parrot yelling "SIT DOWN, FIRST NIGHTERS" all damn game

    Reply
    GREAT POST!!! esp 3. The absolute stupidity of your one-timer fans.

    REALLY BAD at Penguins playoff games back in the "Mario" days. these people jump up for ANYTHING. felt like a Texas A&M 12th man" standing throughout the game" just to SEE a play happen. felt like a parrot yelling "SIT DOWN, FIRST NIGHTERS" all damn game

     
    Crashdavis565
    Crashdavis565
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 15772
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2015 - 3:22 PM ET #24

    Had Avalanche season tickets for years. Got tired of sitting in 300 dollars worth of seats next to a guy who got in free(corporate) or paid 20 bucks outside.
    Now I am the other guy. Look for deals on Craigslist or go down and avoid middlemen scalpers.
    Worse the Avalanche/ Rockies are, easier together in for next to nothing.
    Never again
    Reply
    Had Avalanche season tickets for years. Got tired of sitting in 300 dollars worth of seats next to a guy who got in free(corporate) or paid 20 bucks outside.
    Now I am the other guy. Look for deals on Craigslist or go down and avoid middlemen scalpers.
    Worse the Avalanche/ Rockies are, easier together in for next to nothing.
    Never again
     
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2015 - 3:39 PM ET #25

    The more I go to MLB games, the more I enjoy the minor league A-games.

    Small, intimate parks, way cheaper food, free parking.............cripes

    Went to San Jose Giants game a few years ago, $3 for a 20 oz. Heineken draft...................
    Reply
    The more I go to MLB games, the more I enjoy the minor league A-games.

    Small, intimate parks, way cheaper food, free parking.............cripes

    Went to San Jose Giants game a few years ago, $3 for a 20 oz. Heineken draft...................
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,357
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 436
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,900
    • PART DEUX 159
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 848
    • Week 6 Money 8,522
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,288
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,264

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.