• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    The news on tv has gotten so bad that....

    12 Next Last»
    packers1992
    GimmeMoneyNow
    skoda
    TheGoldenGoose
    Hugh_Jorgan
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2826
    Posts: 27
    12 Next Last»
     
    packers1992
    packers1992
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 11854
    Posted: Jun. 5, 2017 - 9:36 PM ET #1

    to keep my sanity I have to watch:

    1. Wheel of Fortune

    2. Family Feud{Steve Harvey and Richard Dawson episodes}

    3. Match Game

    4. And old episodes of Press Your Luck

    Am I the only one?

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    to keep my sanity I have to watch:

    1. Wheel of Fortune

    2. Family Feud{Steve Harvey and Richard Dawson episodes}

    3. Match Game

    4. And old episodes of Press Your Luck

    Am I the only one?

     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jun. 5, 2017 - 9:53 PM ET #2


    AMC channel runs old "Three Stooges" episodes.

     

    I've been DVR'ing those and replacing them with my "news hour" around dinner. I figure I'm getting about the same information out of that compared to the nightly national news.....


    Reply

    AMC channel runs old "Three Stooges" episodes.

     

    I've been DVR'ing those and replacing them with my "news hour" around dinner. I figure I'm getting about the same information out of that compared to the nightly national news.....


     
    skoda
    skoda
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 2161
    Posted: Jun. 5, 2017 - 11:08 PM ET #3

    Breaking News.........

    What This Dad Packed In His Daughter’s Last High School Lunch Went Viral

    Reply
    Breaking News.........

    What This Dad Packed In His Daughter’s Last High School Lunch Went Viral

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2017 - 12:55 AM ET #4

    Love the GSN (game show network).
    Family Fued much better than Faux News or CNN
    Match Game is the bomb.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Love the GSN (game show network).
    Family Fued much better than Faux News or CNN
    Match Game is the bomb.
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2017 - 6:06 AM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    AMC channel runs old "Three Stooges" episodes.

     

    I've been DVR'ing those and replacing them with my "news hour" around dinner. I figure I'm getting about the same information out of that compared to the nightly national news.....



    I never realized that this guy ...  was doing the curly shuffle
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    AMC channel runs old "Three Stooges" episodes.

     

    I've been DVR'ing those and replacing them with my "news hour" around dinner. I figure I'm getting about the same information out of that compared to the nightly national news.....



    I never realized that this guy ...  was doing the curly shuffle
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2017 - 8:12 AM ET #6

    The News is horrible 

    A few years back I had to stop my Parents DVR from recording it daily //

    My Mom has early on set dementia and it was making her paranoid/ sick ( everyday is the end of the world)


    Funny people bring up the Game show network ...
    Love taping Old Family feuds, Pyramid, Press your luck , card sharks etc for her 
    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    The News is horrible 

    A few years back I had to stop my Parents DVR from recording it daily //

    My Mom has early on set dementia and it was making her paranoid/ sick ( everyday is the end of the world)


    Funny people bring up the Game show network ...
    Love taping Old Family feuds, Pyramid, Press your luck , card sharks etc for her 
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2017 - 8:17 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

     

    My Mom has early on set dementia and it was making her paranoid/ sick ( everyday is the end of the world)


    Sorry about your Mom 

    Sounds like the daily news shows was having the same effect on your Mom as it has had on most of the contributors of the political forum.
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

     

    My Mom has early on set dementia and it was making her paranoid/ sick ( everyday is the end of the world)


    Sorry about your Mom 

    Sounds like the daily news shows was having the same effect on your Mom as it has had on most of the contributors of the political forum.
     
    packers1992
    packers1992
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 11854
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2017 - 8:47 AM ET #8

    I have Dish and they gave me a new game show channel called BUZZR.
    Reply
    I have Dish and they gave me a new game show channel called BUZZR.
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2017 - 8:51 AM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    Sorry about your Mom 

    Sounds like the daily news shows was having the same effect on your Mom as it has had on most of the contributors of the political forum.

    Thanks Brother ...Life is too short, Thanks be to GOD she is taking it in good stride and laughs constantly ..Crazy how our Brains work ... She cant remember breakfast , but remembers every random day in 1967 like it just happened ....

    I remember my Grandfather before he past ( WW2 disabled vet / Political Science teacher ) Warning that the 24 hour news networks ( in their infancy at that time) were going to create mass paranoia by blowing every tiny mole hill into BREAKING NEWS = HYSTERIA as VOLCANO ERUPTS ...

    The Internet is even worse = 
    FACEBOOK and social media is loaded with people who have 45+ FAKE  usernames and Try to stir the pot in every forum/topic with angry hateful comments ... 





    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    Sorry about your Mom 

    Sounds like the daily news shows was having the same effect on your Mom as it has had on most of the contributors of the political forum.

    Thanks Brother ...Life is too short, Thanks be to GOD she is taking it in good stride and laughs constantly ..Crazy how our Brains work ... She cant remember breakfast , but remembers every random day in 1967 like it just happened ....

    I remember my Grandfather before he past ( WW2 disabled vet / Political Science teacher ) Warning that the 24 hour news networks ( in their infancy at that time) were going to create mass paranoia by blowing every tiny mole hill into BREAKING NEWS = HYSTERIA as VOLCANO ERUPTS ...

    The Internet is even worse = 
    FACEBOOK and social media is loaded with people who have 45+ FAKE  usernames and Try to stir the pot in every forum/topic with angry hateful comments ... 





     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2017 - 10:09 AM ET #10

    Double ... Your Grandfather was clearly a visionary.

    I read/watch enough news so that I can stay informed, but if I find it starts effecting my emotional state I simply turn it off.

    As you said, life is too short. I have never understood people who repeatedly watch the same shows (specifically, cable news) that makes them so angry. I won't even watch a sad movie. 

    I'm on the back 9 of my journey through life, and whatever time I have left I want to enjoy. Getting angry/mad/sad/emotional over something that you have no control over is not what I choose to do with my time.
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Double ... Your Grandfather was clearly a visionary.

    I read/watch enough news so that I can stay informed, but if I find it starts effecting my emotional state I simply turn it off.

    As you said, life is too short. I have never understood people who repeatedly watch the same shows (specifically, cable news) that makes them so angry. I won't even watch a sad movie. 

    I'm on the back 9 of my journey through life, and whatever time I have left I want to enjoy. Getting angry/mad/sad/emotional over something that you have no control over is not what I choose to do with my time.
     
    Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 2413
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2017 - 12:35 PM ET #11

    No whammies
    Reply
    No whammies
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2017 - 3:04 PM ET #12

    For those of you in Big Ten country, check out Big 10 Eats on Big Ten Network...  you get to see food and Jenny Dell's tits while she eats food.   
    Reply
    For those of you in Big Ten country, check out Big 10 Eats on Big Ten Network...  you get to see food and Jenny Dell's tits while she eats food.   
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2017 - 4:05 PM ET #13

    I use to have 3 TVs stacked so I could watch 3 different network news broadcasts at once(I set it up so I could watch several football games at once) and now I handicap baseball from 6-7pm.

    I found I enjoy Covers.com if I Never open a Thread started by scalabrine or read anything he posts.

    BWS77- What does Ms Dells breasts do while she eats food?
    Reply
    I use to have 3 TVs stacked so I could watch 3 different network news broadcasts at once(I set it up so I could watch several football games at once) and now I handicap baseball from 6-7pm.

    I found I enjoy Covers.com if I Never open a Thread started by scalabrine or read anything he posts.

    BWS77- What does Ms Dells breasts do while she eats food?
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2017 - 4:39 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    I use to have 3 TVs stacked so I could watch 3 different network news broadcasts at once(I set it up so I could watch several football games at once) and now I handicap baseball from 6-7pm.

    I found I enjoy Covers.com if I Never open a Thread started by scalabrine or read anything he posts.

    BWS77- What does Ms Dells breasts do while she eats food?

    Mostly just float there like perfect little angelic orbs....

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbody00eBbI
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    I use to have 3 TVs stacked so I could watch 3 different network news broadcasts at once(I set it up so I could watch several football games at once) and now I handicap baseball from 6-7pm.

    I found I enjoy Covers.com if I Never open a Thread started by scalabrine or read anything he posts.

    BWS77- What does Ms Dells breasts do while she eats food?

    Mostly just float there like perfect little angelic orbs....

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbody00eBbI
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2017 - 4:45 PM ET #15

    News is no longer tolerable. 
    Nat Geo Wild, Smithsonian, History and porn in this household.
    Reply
    News is no longer tolerable. 
    Nat Geo Wild, Smithsonian, History and porn in this household.
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2017 - 5:21 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Nut_Flopper:

    No whammies

    Great how the guy beat them..

    Search- any update on the noisy neighbors?

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Nut_Flopper:

    No whammies

    Great how the guy beat them..

    Search- any update on the noisy neighbors?

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 6, 2017 - 5:27 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    Great how the guy beat them..

    Search- any update on the noisy neighbors?



    Same old chit. I had to go bury my best friend last week and they were all running around ontop of my ceiling.before my flight. Girlfriend of mine stopped by and walked up there and ripped 'em a new a ss hole. Landlord is a doosh so I don't pay him rent anymore. It'll take him 8 months to evict me. That's 12 grand I will pocket. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxnj:

    Great how the guy beat them..

    Search- any update on the noisy neighbors?



    Same old chit. I had to go bury my best friend last week and they were all running around ontop of my ceiling.before my flight. Girlfriend of mine stopped by and walked up there and ripped 'em a new a ss hole. Landlord is a doosh so I don't pay him rent anymore. It'll take him 8 months to evict me. That's 12 grand I will pocket. 
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2017 - 10:41 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    News is no longer tolerable. Nat Geo Wild, Smithsonian, History and porn in this household.
    .

    Well, three outta four ain't bad Ricky
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    News is no longer tolerable. Nat Geo Wild, Smithsonian, History and porn in this household.
    .

    Well, three outta four ain't bad Ricky
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2017 - 11:57 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    .

    Well, three outta four ain't bad Ricky


    I agree. Stupid, useless History Channel!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    .

    Well, three outta four ain't bad Ricky


    I agree. Stupid, useless History Channel!
     
    Skipbone
    Skipbone
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 6368
    Posted: Jun. 10, 2017 - 1:24 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    For those of you in Big Ten country, check out Big 10 Eats on Big Ten Network...  you get to see food and Jenny Dell's tits while she eats food.   
    Great rack.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    For those of you in Big Ten country, check out Big 10 Eats on Big Ten Network...  you get to see food and Jenny Dell's tits while she eats food.   
    Great rack.
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jun. 11, 2017 - 11:05 AM ET #21

    I've been saying this for the past several weeks.  Watching regular TV just p!sses me off.  Even regular TV is throwing this Left wing political BS in our faces.  Samantha B and Trevor Noah ruined TBS and Comedy Central for me.  

    Outside of the Family Fued, Billions and the former Last Man Standing, I can't standing watch regular cable. Sh!t, Bill Maher is a total jerk off but at least HBO isn't airing his ad b/w ever movie and show.  

    Cancelling my subscription to Optimum until the Devils and Jets start again.  I can always catch episodes of South Park, Last Man Standing and Seinfeld b/w either of the 2.

    Invest in Netflix and Hulu!  

    I used to be a huge fan of Bobby Iger and what he's accomplished with Disney.  When he cancelled Last Man Standing b/c of its Conservative outlook, I lost all respect for the man, the ABC network and the Disney corporation.

    Soft Elite Liberals trying to control people.

    There's also talk that he will run against Trump in 2020.  That's actually a scary thought b/c he could win.  


    Reply
    I've been saying this for the past several weeks.  Watching regular TV just p!sses me off.  Even regular TV is throwing this Left wing political BS in our faces.  Samantha B and Trevor Noah ruined TBS and Comedy Central for me.  

    Outside of the Family Fued, Billions and the former Last Man Standing, I can't standing watch regular cable. Sh!t, Bill Maher is a total jerk off but at least HBO isn't airing his ad b/w ever movie and show.  

    Cancelling my subscription to Optimum until the Devils and Jets start again.  I can always catch episodes of South Park, Last Man Standing and Seinfeld b/w either of the 2.

    Invest in Netflix and Hulu!  

    I used to be a huge fan of Bobby Iger and what he's accomplished with Disney.  When he cancelled Last Man Standing b/c of its Conservative outlook, I lost all respect for the man, the ABC network and the Disney corporation.

    Soft Elite Liberals trying to control people.

    There's also talk that he will run against Trump in 2020.  That's actually a scary thought b/c he could win.  


     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Jun. 12, 2017 - 10:49 AM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    Double ... Your Grandfather was clearly a visionary.

    I read/watch enough news so that I can stay informed, but if I find it starts effecting my emotional state I simply turn it off.

    As you said, life is too short. I have never understood people who repeatedly watch the same shows (specifically, cable news) that makes them so angry. I won't even watch a sad movie. 

    I'm on the back 9 of my journey through life, and whatever time I have left I want to enjoy. Getting angry/mad/sad/emotional over something that you have no control over is not what I choose to do with my time.


    I am 100% with you...

    The MRS and I Never watch sad movies , Why Bother ??? I always tell her to invite her sister over if thats what she wants to watch 


    If you have zero control over something , why even think about it ???  


    Sounds like we are cut from some of the same cloth 



    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    Double ... Your Grandfather was clearly a visionary.

    I read/watch enough news so that I can stay informed, but if I find it starts effecting my emotional state I simply turn it off.

    As you said, life is too short. I have never understood people who repeatedly watch the same shows (specifically, cable news) that makes them so angry. I won't even watch a sad movie. 

    I'm on the back 9 of my journey through life, and whatever time I have left I want to enjoy. Getting angry/mad/sad/emotional over something that you have no control over is not what I choose to do with my time.


    I am 100% with you...

    The MRS and I Never watch sad movies , Why Bother ??? I always tell her to invite her sister over if thats what she wants to watch 


    If you have zero control over something , why even think about it ???  


    Sounds like we are cut from some of the same cloth 



     
    bubbleup
    bubbleup
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2015
    Posts: 1402
    Posted: Jun. 12, 2017 - 7:58 PM ET #23

    TV is brainwashing. Make your own movie.
    Reply
    TV is brainwashing. Make your own movie.
     
    packers1992
    packers1992
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 11854
    Posted: Jun. 13, 2017 - 4:20 PM ET #24

    I hadn't watched Wheel in years and for good reason. My wife gets pi$$ed watching it with me because I scream at the tv at poor strategy. Many of you may or may not know but years ago they got rid of the Free Spin for a wedge called the Free Play. When you land on it you can pick a consonant, solve or get a free vowel. I screamed at this woman who called T saying {You dumb c%NT take the        F&cking free vowel!}

    They added in the 3rd round this new wedge called the express. If you land on it for get a consonant right you get 1K per letter. Then you can choose to "Ride the Express" If you choose to you keep calling out consonants and for each you get 1K vowels still cost $250 and if you get a letter wrong you bankrupt. I like the concept

    I called the Wheel of Fortune line and said I have a million dollar idea. The woman said "Do tell sir" My idea is when people hit bankrupt they lose their money prizes wild card etc. I think there should be a wedge on the wheel called BANK. If you land on it and get the consonant right you get what was in the bank of bankrupted money and prizes....She hung up on me

    Reply

    I hadn't watched Wheel in years and for good reason. My wife gets pi$$ed watching it with me because I scream at the tv at poor strategy. Many of you may or may not know but years ago they got rid of the Free Spin for a wedge called the Free Play. When you land on it you can pick a consonant, solve or get a free vowel. I screamed at this woman who called T saying {You dumb c%NT take the        F&cking free vowel!}

    They added in the 3rd round this new wedge called the express. If you land on it for get a consonant right you get 1K per letter. Then you can choose to "Ride the Express" If you choose to you keep calling out consonants and for each you get 1K vowels still cost $250 and if you get a letter wrong you bankrupt. I like the concept

    I called the Wheel of Fortune line and said I have a million dollar idea. The woman said "Do tell sir" My idea is when people hit bankrupt they lose their money prizes wild card etc. I think there should be a wedge on the wheel called BANK. If you land on it and get the consonant right you get what was in the bank of bankrupted money and prizes....She hung up on me

     
     
    dick747
    dick747
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 5927
    Posted: Jun. 15, 2017 - 9:33 PM ET #25

    There is no such thing as "the news".

    It is just people trying to sell Pampers, Beer ("stay thirsty my friend"), and tampons. To do that with high profit margins you  need rating. You get rating by out shining the other news guy.

    We are all doomed.    


    Oh garbage. Just teasing. .....about the doomed part. The new really is TOTAL garbage.

    Reply
    There is no such thing as "the news".

    It is just people trying to sell Pampers, Beer ("stay thirsty my friend"), and tampons. To do that with high profit margins you  need rating. You get rating by out shining the other news guy.

    We are all doomed.    


    Oh garbage. Just teasing. .....about the doomed part. The new really is TOTAL garbage.

    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,911
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,619
    • MLB Playoffs 16,999
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 446
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 309
    • PART DEUX 140
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,390
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,367
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,159
    • NFL WEEK 5 ........................2026 1,494

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.