Today is the 10th anniversary of those killings on Danziger Bridge. And Greene, a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter, paints a sordid, impressively detailed picture of those hectic days after Hurricane Katrina. Importantly, unlike when many others are killed by police violence, Greene gives his readers full portraits of those murdered by New Orleans police officers that September day.
Today is the 10th anniversary of those killings on Danziger Bridge. And Greene, a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative reporter, paints a sordid, impressively detailed picture of those hectic days after Hurricane Katrina. Importantly, unlike when many others are killed by police violence, Greene gives his readers full portraits of those murdered by New Orleans police officers that September day.
I see you are searching far and wide to find a black person killed by a cop. Going back 10 years now... when you get back about 20 years you will find the entire LAPD beating a black guy named Rodney
I see you are searching far and wide to find a black person killed by a cop. Going back 10 years now... when you get back about 20 years you will find the entire LAPD beating a black guy named Rodney
The barrage of bullets shredded Brissette’s body “from the heel of his foot to the top of his head.” Jose, seeking cover, “saw a man lean over the railing, his finger on the trigger”; he looked away as the man shot him point blank in the stomach. Everyone on the bridge believed they were being ambushed not by police, but by criminals because the plainclothes officers never announced themselves and began shooting indiscriminately. The NOPD fired so many rounds on Danziger that, afterward, the weapons were “hot to the touch.”
The barrage of bullets shredded Brissette’s body “from the heel of his foot to the top of his head.” Jose, seeking cover, “saw a man lean over the railing, his finger on the trigger”; he looked away as the man shot him point blank in the stomach. Everyone on the bridge believed they were being ambushed not by police, but by criminals because the plainclothes officers never announced themselves and began shooting indiscriminately. The NOPD fired so many rounds on Danziger that, afterward, the weapons were “hot to the touch.”
I guess living in a red state (California) ain't all it's cracked up to be.
Obviously, this is an administration/media creation that the gullible have jumped all over as if it's some new thing or happening at epidemic levels. Not happening. Just another way to divide the country as 0 has done masterfully. I've never seen a president divide a country like this one.
4 cops killed in 10 days, satisfied Detox or should we enflame the public to kill more? Hands up don't shoot - LIE.
But, but, but....
I guess living in a red state (California) ain't all it's cracked up to be.
Obviously, this is an administration/media creation that the gullible have jumped all over as if it's some new thing or happening at epidemic levels. Not happening. Just another way to divide the country as 0 has done masterfully. I've never seen a president divide a country like this one.
4 cops killed in 10 days, satisfied Detox or should we enflame the public to kill more? Hands up don't shoot - LIE.
I guess living in a red state (California) ain't all it's cracked up to be.
Obviously, this is an administration/media creation that the gullible have jumped all over as if it's some new thing or happening at epidemic levels. Not happening. Just another way to divide the country as 0 has done masterfully. I've never seen a president divide a country like this one.
4 cops killed in 10 days, satisfied Detox or should we enflame the public to kill more? Hands up don't shoot - LIE.
Cops are safer than ever and over compensated.
Quote Originally Posted by Killer_B:
But, but, but....
I guess living in a red state (California) ain't all it's cracked up to be.
Obviously, this is an administration/media creation that the gullible have jumped all over as if it's some new thing or happening at epidemic levels. Not happening. Just another way to divide the country as 0 has done masterfully. I've never seen a president divide a country like this one.
4 cops killed in 10 days, satisfied Detox or should we enflame the public to kill more? Hands up don't shoot - LIE.
I'm not a cop apologist, but I'm sure if you spent not a day, not a week, but just one full month on patrol in any major city you'd crap your pants and have a completely different opinion on the that statement. I know I would.
Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:
Cops are safer than ever and over compensated.
I'm not a cop apologist, but I'm sure if you spent not a day, not a week, but just one full month on patrol in any major city you'd crap your pants and have a completely different opinion on the that statement. I know I would.
Agree 100% Getty. Detox commented the cops in Baltimore aren't doing their jobs due to the murder rate skyrocketing. When cops go on calls, people get in the way and are harassing & videoing them. I agree they're safer, they just aren't bothering to get into harms way like before 6 were charged in a convicted heroin dealers death.
I talked to some cops in Baltimore a few years ago that serve warrants. I asked them if they got shot at much, they told me that if they do a lot of chasing. I asked what % of murders get solved. They said 30% because any witnesses that speak up quickly get killed or at least intimidated into having a bad memory.
I'll bet Detox has never been in a real ghetto in his life, he has no clue of what these places are like.
Agree 100% Getty. Detox commented the cops in Baltimore aren't doing their jobs due to the murder rate skyrocketing. When cops go on calls, people get in the way and are harassing & videoing them. I agree they're safer, they just aren't bothering to get into harms way like before 6 were charged in a convicted heroin dealers death.
I talked to some cops in Baltimore a few years ago that serve warrants. I asked them if they got shot at much, they told me that if they do a lot of chasing. I asked what % of murders get solved. They said 30% because any witnesses that speak up quickly get killed or at least intimidated into having a bad memory.
I'll bet Detox has never been in a real ghetto in his life, he has no clue of what these places are like.