• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Serious comments only... Please!!!!

    «First Previous 12
    Q_the_money
    gfinger
    EuroPro
    The Hawk
    nature1970
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2686
    Posts: 34
    «First Previous 12
     
    Q_the_money
    Q_the_money
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 7326
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2017 - 3:39 PM ET #26

    I already told him I was giving him his money back... that's without question. Problem is, I gave him the guys number and not sure if he has contacted him yet... but the guy isn't going to answer calls/texts etc from the book because he feels he is being threatened... somits either I am still involved for communication and collecting the monthly payment or he ends up showing up at my company. It's a very good company and I can't have this happen. I don't know. It's all a mess. Thanks for all you help guys 
    “The greatest risk is not taking one”
    Reply
    I already told him I was giving him his money back... that's without question. Problem is, I gave him the guys number and not sure if he has contacted him yet... but the guy isn't going to answer calls/texts etc from the book because he feels he is being threatened... somits either I am still involved for communication and collecting the monthly payment or he ends up showing up at my company. It's a very good company and I can't have this happen. I don't know. It's all a mess. Thanks for all you help guys 
     
    gfinger
    gfinger
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2003
    Posts: 8346
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2017 - 8:19 PM ET #27

    Hey Q-

    I actually had a very similar situation to you about 15 years ago. I had a local book here in Chicago for a number of years and I worked at a hedge fund where my co-worker comes into the picture. He is an east coast kid that played some college football at Cornell. Pretty big dude but a total wuss. He knew I had a local and wanted to lay his action down. He was betting $500 a game at 22 years old and I didn't want to book it myself so I introduced him to my local. He immediately was losing left and right but making his payments week over week which ranged from $1,000 - $3,500. Then comes the NFL playoffs and I get this call from my local and he says my guy is trying to lay down a $10,000 bet on the Tennessee Titans. He asked me if I think he was good for it and I said I don't know but I advise you not to take the play. Long story short, he ends the weekend down $40,000. He approaches me at work, white as a ghost and tells me he can't pay. My local calls me screaming bloody murder that he was my guy and that I vouched for him etc. He goes on and on that I owe what he can't pay and to the point that he threatens me. I flat out told him that not only did they already make over $20k on him, I didn't see a penny for the referral and I told him not to take his larger wagers. I said threaten me again and I call the cops. Mind you this is a large operation with hundreds of clients. 

    My co-worker ends up paying $20,000 up front and a payment plan of $5,000 a month until paid off. The book also came to his apartment and took his TV, bed, clothes, literally everything he owned. At the end my co-worker cleared out his trust fund of $60k and had to bum money off his sister. He ended up leaving Chicago and moving back out east. Before he left he told me that he wished that he never met me. As if any of it was my fault.






    Reply
    Hey Q-

    I actually had a very similar situation to you about 15 years ago. I had a local book here in Chicago for a number of years and I worked at a hedge fund where my co-worker comes into the picture. He is an east coast kid that played some college football at Cornell. Pretty big dude but a total wuss. He knew I had a local and wanted to lay his action down. He was betting $500 a game at 22 years old and I didn't want to book it myself so I introduced him to my local. He immediately was losing left and right but making his payments week over week which ranged from $1,000 - $3,500. Then comes the NFL playoffs and I get this call from my local and he says my guy is trying to lay down a $10,000 bet on the Tennessee Titans. He asked me if I think he was good for it and I said I don't know but I advise you not to take the play. Long story short, he ends the weekend down $40,000. He approaches me at work, white as a ghost and tells me he can't pay. My local calls me screaming bloody murder that he was my guy and that I vouched for him etc. He goes on and on that I owe what he can't pay and to the point that he threatens me. I flat out told him that not only did they already make over $20k on him, I didn't see a penny for the referral and I told him not to take his larger wagers. I said threaten me again and I call the cops. Mind you this is a large operation with hundreds of clients. 

    My co-worker ends up paying $20,000 up front and a payment plan of $5,000 a month until paid off. The book also came to his apartment and took his TV, bed, clothes, literally everything he owned. At the end my co-worker cleared out his trust fund of $60k and had to bum money off his sister. He ended up leaving Chicago and moving back out east. Before he left he told me that he wished that he never met me. As if any of it was my fault.






     
    EuroPro
    EuroPro
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2014
    Posts: 5110
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2017 - 11:28 PM ET #28

    their not gona show up at your work lmfao chill the fukkk out guy
    Reply
    their not gona show up at your work lmfao chill the fukkk out guy
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2017 - 9:37 AM ET #29

    Tell him, if he calls the police, it will be from a hospital.......
    Reply
    Tell him, if he calls the police, it will be from a hospital.......
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2017 - 10:08 AM ET #30

    Quote Originally Posted by Q_the_money:

    I already told him I was giving him his money back... that's without question. Problem is, I gave him the guys number and not sure if he has contacted him yet... but the guy isn't going to answer calls/texts etc from the book because he feels he is being threatened... somits either I am still involved for communication and collecting the monthly payment or he ends up showing up at my company. It's a very good company and I can't have this happen. I don't know. It's all a mess. Thanks for all you help guys 


    great you took care of it.
    as long as you make the payments in the arrangement.
    bookies wont go collecting. as far as your boss, just do not enter into wagers for or with him. Do not get in the middle unless
    it is all cash up front transaction.

    Old saying at the bar, dont start the game without the money on the table. or it becomes a MESS.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Q_the_money:

    I already told him I was giving him his money back... that's without question. Problem is, I gave him the guys number and not sure if he has contacted him yet... but the guy isn't going to answer calls/texts etc from the book because he feels he is being threatened... somits either I am still involved for communication and collecting the monthly payment or he ends up showing up at my company. It's a very good company and I can't have this happen. I don't know. It's all a mess. Thanks for all you help guys 


    great you took care of it.
    as long as you make the payments in the arrangement.
    bookies wont go collecting. as far as your boss, just do not enter into wagers for or with him. Do not get in the middle unless
    it is all cash up front transaction.

    Old saying at the bar, dont start the game without the money on the table. or it becomes a MESS.
     
    Sidehatch
    Sidehatch
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 3246
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2017 - 2:19 PM ET #31

    Don't pay a dime of this guy's debt. Find a new job and give the bookie all of the guy's information. Apologize to the bookie, and tell him you no longer want a cut of your friends' action, sever all ties. 

    Anyone who says that there is only one job for them is not looking outside of the box enough.  

    Any boss who is willing to sell a coworker down the river like that is not worth working for.
    Reply
    Don't pay a dime of this guy's debt. Find a new job and give the bookie all of the guy's information. Apologize to the bookie, and tell him you no longer want a cut of your friends' action, sever all ties. 

    Anyone who says that there is only one job for them is not looking outside of the box enough.  

    Any boss who is willing to sell a coworker down the river like that is not worth working for.
     
    Q_the_money
    Q_the_money
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 7326
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2017 - 12:27 PM ET #32

    It's not my boss. It's a co worker and I have an extremely good job. Not leaving it. Thanks for the comments boys! 
    “The greatest risk is not taking one”
    Reply
    It's not my boss. It's a co worker and I have an extremely good job. Not leaving it. Thanks for the comments boys! 
     
    mbialowas
    mbialowas
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 4681
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2017 - 12:39 PM ET #33

    Teel your co-worker if he calls the cops on this bookie, he is going home in a body bag
    Reply
    Teel your co-worker if he calls the cops on this bookie, he is going home in a body bag
     
     
    Michfan15
    Michfan15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 11316
    Posted: Jan. 18, 2017 - 11:05 PM ET #34

    Hope you got it straightened out.  Same situation happened to me.  Hope you don't pay this guy's debt.  Your co-worker is a real POS to even put you in this situation to begin with.  
    Reply
    Hope you got it straightened out.  Same situation happened to me.  Hope you don't pay this guy's debt.  Your co-worker is a real POS to even put you in this situation to begin with.  
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,348
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 433
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,861
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,852
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,212
    • PART DEUX 138
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,102
    • Week 6 Money 7,847
    • Trump's legacy? 33,977

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.