• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Saving Money

    12 Next Last»
    young1jesus
    JOHNNY_ODAE
    Slobbasaurus
    TheGoldenGoose
    BigWilly
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1685
    Posts: 45
    12 Next Last»
     
    young1jesus
    young1jesus
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 246
    Posted: Dec. 1, 2015 - 6:44 PM ET #1

    WHat is a reasonable amount of money to have saved?  I know everybody is different so I will further elaborate.  I am 30 years old, have a house, have a new car, pay my bills, married, make roughly 65k/year but not really sure what I should have in savings stashed away. Between my wife and I we pay over $4k worth of bills each month and its not that easy to put money away.  Obviously everybody has a "safety number" of what they feel good about that's in the bank but what is that number for a 30 yr old guy?  10k? 20k? 50k??

     

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    WHat is a reasonable amount of money to have saved?  I know everybody is different so I will further elaborate.  I am 30 years old, have a house, have a new car, pay my bills, married, make roughly 65k/year but not really sure what I should have in savings stashed away. Between my wife and I we pay over $4k worth of bills each month and its not that easy to put money away.  Obviously everybody has a "safety number" of what they feel good about that's in the bank but what is that number for a 30 yr old guy?  10k? 20k? 50k??

     

     
    JOHNNY_ODAE
    JOHNNY_ODAE
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 2605
    Posted: Dec. 1, 2015 - 7:14 PM ET #2

    Rule I always followed because it was drilled into me by my Dad, 6 months of your living expenses tucked away that is untouchable and requires 2 signatures to get at it!!! I loved that guy.
    Reply
    Rule I always followed because it was drilled into me by my Dad, 6 months of your living expenses tucked away that is untouchable and requires 2 signatures to get at it!!! I loved that guy.
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Dec. 1, 2015 - 7:18 PM ET #3

    I'm the same age as you.  I earn a little bit more than you but I also live in the NY metro area so the cost of living is higher than most regions of the US.

    Outside of our 401k(s) and Vanguard accounts, my old lady and I have a little over 32k of liquid money.  You never know if you might get laid off so you need some cash handy to pay off an unforeseen emergency.  $700 a week of unemployment benefits just doesn't cut it.

    Took me forever and a day to pay off schooling.  Throw in car payments and a mortgage it seems like it's impossible to save a substantial amount of money. 

    It's nice to have at least 10k of liquid money, but the most important thing is to have a retirement account.  

    Hope this helped
    Reply
    I'm the same age as you.  I earn a little bit more than you but I also live in the NY metro area so the cost of living is higher than most regions of the US.

    Outside of our 401k(s) and Vanguard accounts, my old lady and I have a little over 32k of liquid money.  You never know if you might get laid off so you need some cash handy to pay off an unforeseen emergency.  $700 a week of unemployment benefits just doesn't cut it.

    Took me forever and a day to pay off schooling.  Throw in car payments and a mortgage it seems like it's impossible to save a substantial amount of money. 

    It's nice to have at least 10k of liquid money, but the most important thing is to have a retirement account.  

    Hope this helped
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 1, 2015 - 7:35 PM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNY_ODAE:

    Rule I always followed because it was drilled into me by my Dad, 6 months of your living expenses tucked away that is untouchable and requires 2 signatures to get at it!!! I loved that guy.




    This should be #1 priority in this economy.  You get there little by little, tucking $500 away each month.  It will take a few years to get there, so start ASAP.

    #2 priority is to accumulate a tax-free retirement Roth IRA sticking the max in every year.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNY_ODAE:

    Rule I always followed because it was drilled into me by my Dad, 6 months of your living expenses tucked away that is untouchable and requires 2 signatures to get at it!!! I loved that guy.




    This should be #1 priority in this economy.  You get there little by little, tucking $500 away each month.  It will take a few years to get there, so start ASAP.

    #2 priority is to accumulate a tax-free retirement Roth IRA sticking the max in every year.


     
    BigWilly
    BigWilly
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2007
    Posts: 858
    Posted: Dec. 2, 2015 - 9:48 AM ET #5

    #2 priority is to accumulate a tax-free retirement Roth IRA sticking the max in every year.

    goose once you put the max in each year do you invest that money into certain types of stocks or mutual funds? Im having a hard time figuring out what a safe stock would be.  I hopefully wont need to touch my roth for another 25-30 years so i want a safe buy
    Reply
    #2 priority is to accumulate a tax-free retirement Roth IRA sticking the max in every year.

    goose once you put the max in each year do you invest that money into certain types of stocks or mutual funds? Im having a hard time figuring out what a safe stock would be.  I hopefully wont need to touch my roth for another 25-30 years so i want a safe buy
     
    don juan
    don juan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2001
    Posts: 5561
    Posted: Dec. 2, 2015 - 1:06 PM ET #6

    I am an old man,, lived a long time.. 

     Assuming you have a 15 year mortgage on your home.  Save 6 months of your salary, and then double or triple up on your mortgage. Pay that thing off as fast as you can. If you have a 30 year, refinance at lower interest 15 year and double up on payments, to 8 or 9 years.

    There is nothing like the feeling of freedom of no payment. And don't ever refinance it again. Then you can save for retirement.

    Don't listen to people that tell you about the mortgage tax write off. I'd rather pay a little more in taxes than pay interest forever.
    Reply
    I am an old man,, lived a long time.. 

     Assuming you have a 15 year mortgage on your home.  Save 6 months of your salary, and then double or triple up on your mortgage. Pay that thing off as fast as you can. If you have a 30 year, refinance at lower interest 15 year and double up on payments, to 8 or 9 years.

    There is nothing like the feeling of freedom of no payment. And don't ever refinance it again. Then you can save for retirement.

    Don't listen to people that tell you about the mortgage tax write off. I'd rather pay a little more in taxes than pay interest forever.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 2, 2015 - 3:05 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by BigWilly:

    #2 priority is to accumulate a tax-free retirement Roth IRA sticking the max in every year.

    goose once you put the max in each year do you invest that money into certain types of stocks or mutual funds? Im having a hard time figuring out what a safe stock would be.  I hopefully wont need to touch my roth for another 25-30 years so i want a safe buy


    Yes.  The safest way to go is Indexed Funds. And they don't cost as much to manage.  Remember this is a retirement account and should not be gambled on stocks.




    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWilly:

    #2 priority is to accumulate a tax-free retirement Roth IRA sticking the max in every year.

    goose once you put the max in each year do you invest that money into certain types of stocks or mutual funds? Im having a hard time figuring out what a safe stock would be.  I hopefully wont need to touch my roth for another 25-30 years so i want a safe buy


    Yes.  The safest way to go is Indexed Funds. And they don't cost as much to manage.  Remember this is a retirement account and should not be gambled on stocks.




     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Dec. 4, 2015 - 5:51 PM ET #8

    I would not be too worried about savings until you hit 40.  Enjoy life while you are young.  Just make sure you aren't squandering the money you spend now, or going deep into debt.

    If your parents or parents-in-law are well off, they probably will leave you an inheritance right around the time you retire.

    Depending on your job, there is a good chance you will make a lot more money in your 40s, so saving an extra 100 or 500 a month now may not be significant if you are making 200K in 2025.


    Reply
    I would not be too worried about savings until you hit 40.  Enjoy life while you are young.  Just make sure you aren't squandering the money you spend now, or going deep into debt.

    If your parents or parents-in-law are well off, they probably will leave you an inheritance right around the time you retire.

    Depending on your job, there is a good chance you will make a lot more money in your 40s, so saving an extra 100 or 500 a month now may not be significant if you are making 200K in 2025.


     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34500
    Posted: Dec. 4, 2015 - 10:47 PM ET #9

    I agre with nearly everything above the last post.  The only exception I would have is the index funds and safe stocks.  At your age aggressiveness is much more important than safety.  I would have the investments in the Roth, etc. in good long-term growth mutual funds. 
    I am not sure if some of Thorpe's response is facetious or not.  But it is never, ever too early to start saving money and planning for retirement. As the other folks have mentioned, having six months of expenses saved up is very crucial.  As is getting rid of the house mortgage as quickly as possible. 
    I also would consider getting rid of the 'new car'. Unless it is paid for. A car payment is rarely worth having---unless maybe you use it for work and can write it off. 
    Also, I did not see mention of making sure that you are maxed out in company 401k. For sure to the point of getting the matching funds. 
    Reply
    I agre with nearly everything above the last post.  The only exception I would have is the index funds and safe stocks.  At your age aggressiveness is much more important than safety.  I would have the investments in the Roth, etc. in good long-term growth mutual funds. 
    I am not sure if some of Thorpe's response is facetious or not.  But it is never, ever too early to start saving money and planning for retirement. As the other folks have mentioned, having six months of expenses saved up is very crucial.  As is getting rid of the house mortgage as quickly as possible. 
    I also would consider getting rid of the 'new car'. Unless it is paid for. A car payment is rarely worth having---unless maybe you use it for work and can write it off. 
    Also, I did not see mention of making sure that you are maxed out in company 401k. For sure to the point of getting the matching funds. 
     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34500
    Posted: Dec. 4, 2015 - 10:54 PM ET #10

    There are various ways to demonstrate the difference between starting early versus starting later. For example:

    If you started investing at age 25 and put the same amount of money into stocks until age 35, you’d have more money at retirement than if you started saving at 35 and invested the same amount of money in stocks EVERY YEAR until retirement”

    So, putting $5000 a year away from 25 to 35 yields more than putting $5000 a year away from 35 to 60?

    The difference is about 625k vs. 415k or so. 

    Reply
    There are various ways to demonstrate the difference between starting early versus starting later. For example:

    If you started investing at age 25 and put the same amount of money into stocks until age 35, you’d have more money at retirement than if you started saving at 35 and invested the same amount of money in stocks EVERY YEAR until retirement”

    So, putting $5000 a year away from 25 to 35 yields more than putting $5000 a year away from 35 to 60?

    The difference is about 625k vs. 415k or so. 

     
    don juan
    don juan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2001
    Posts: 5561
    Posted: Dec. 4, 2015 - 11:07 PM ET #11

    Listen carefully.. I recommend putting your money into a home, condo, townhouse, farm and pay it down as fast as you can. Forget a nice new car.

    When I was young, my friends were buying new sports cars.  I did not, I drove a old VW beetle, and bought property.  It's so different today. The best thing you do is pay off your home,

    I have friends that lost over 250.000 in the market in 2008. Today, the hidden fees will eat you up.

    PAY OFF YOUR HOME FAST !


    Reply
    Listen carefully.. I recommend putting your money into a home, condo, townhouse, farm and pay it down as fast as you can. Forget a nice new car.

    When I was young, my friends were buying new sports cars.  I did not, I drove a old VW beetle, and bought property.  It's so different today. The best thing you do is pay off your home,

    I have friends that lost over 250.000 in the market in 2008. Today, the hidden fees will eat you up.

    PAY OFF YOUR HOME FAST !


     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Dec. 4, 2015 - 11:09 PM ET #12

    Investing is a whole new World you will be entering.

    Convince yourself you need an actual broker from a major name. You can find some cheap ones.

    Index funds are very good-Start with one that tracks the S&P 500, then one that has more risk (you can figure out how much risk talking to your broker). Even a foreign index fund will be around 48% U.S. companies.

    Don't forget to invest in your home. A remodeled kitchen, deck in the back is also a good investment, IMHO.

    I know some people love to support their church, but even the Bible says "To thine own self be true....."
    Reply
    Investing is a whole new World you will be entering.

    Convince yourself you need an actual broker from a major name. You can find some cheap ones.

    Index funds are very good-Start with one that tracks the S&P 500, then one that has more risk (you can figure out how much risk talking to your broker). Even a foreign index fund will be around 48% U.S. companies.

    Don't forget to invest in your home. A remodeled kitchen, deck in the back is also a good investment, IMHO.

    I know some people love to support their church, but even the Bible says "To thine own self be true....."
     
    Snapp
    Snapp
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 2274
    Posted: Dec. 4, 2015 - 11:38 PM ET #13

    I talked Granny into Henry Winkler's reverse-mortgage scheme on 4 properties...Was I wrong?
    Reply
    I talked Granny into Henry Winkler's reverse-mortgage scheme on 4 properties...Was I wrong?
     
    don juan
    don juan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2001
    Posts: 5561
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2015 - 5:37 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    Investing is a whole new World you will be entering.

    Convince yourself you need an actual broker from a major name. You can find some cheap ones.

    Index funds are very good-Start with one that tracks the S&P 500, then one that has more risk (you can figure out how much risk talking to your broker). Even a foreign index fund will be around 48% U.S. companies.

    Don't forget to invest in your home. A remodeled kitchen, deck in the back is also a good investment, IMHO.

    I know some people love to support their church, but even the Bible says "To thine own self be true....."

    If you're going to quote scripture, please indicate where it says that ! Verse please.

    Nowhere in the Bible does it say that !.. Shakespeare said it.

    We support the church because it spreads the Word of God. Jesus promoted peace and love, and to help others. This is why we give to the church.

    Furthermore, It was a old testament Jewish tradition to payoff your home in 7 years. YOU Can do both.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    Investing is a whole new World you will be entering.

    Convince yourself you need an actual broker from a major name. You can find some cheap ones.

    Index funds are very good-Start with one that tracks the S&P 500, then one that has more risk (you can figure out how much risk talking to your broker). Even a foreign index fund will be around 48% U.S. companies.

    Don't forget to invest in your home. A remodeled kitchen, deck in the back is also a good investment, IMHO.

    I know some people love to support their church, but even the Bible says "To thine own self be true....."

    If you're going to quote scripture, please indicate where it says that ! Verse please.

    Nowhere in the Bible does it say that !.. Shakespeare said it.

    We support the church because it spreads the Word of God. Jesus promoted peace and love, and to help others. This is why we give to the church.

    Furthermore, It was a old testament Jewish tradition to payoff your home in 7 years. YOU Can do both.


     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2015 - 7:21 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by don juan:


    If you're going to quote scripture, please indicate where it says that ! Verse please.

    Nowhere in the Bible does it say that !.. Shakespeare said it.

    We support the church because it spreads the Word of God. Jesus promoted peace and love, and to help others. This is why we give to the church.

    Furthermore, It was a old testament Jewish tradition to payoff your home in 7 years. YOU Can do both.



    "God is all powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing and all-wise, but somehow.....HE JUST CAN'T HANDLE MONEY!!!

    Religion brings in millions of dollars, they pay no taxes and they always want a little more.  Now you talk about a good BullSh!t Story.....HOLY SH!T!."

    -George Carlin
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by don juan:


    If you're going to quote scripture, please indicate where it says that ! Verse please.

    Nowhere in the Bible does it say that !.. Shakespeare said it.

    We support the church because it spreads the Word of God. Jesus promoted peace and love, and to help others. This is why we give to the church.

    Furthermore, It was a old testament Jewish tradition to payoff your home in 7 years. YOU Can do both.



    "God is all powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing and all-wise, but somehow.....HE JUST CAN'T HANDLE MONEY!!!

    Religion brings in millions of dollars, they pay no taxes and they always want a little more.  Now you talk about a good BullSh!t Story.....HOLY SH!T!."

    -George Carlin
     
    don juan
    don juan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2001
    Posts: 5561
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2015 - 11:05 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    "God is all powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing and all-wise, but somehow.....HE JUST CAN'T HANDLE MONEY!!!

    Religion brings in millions of dollars, they pay no taxes and they always want a little more.  Now you talk about a good BullSh!t Story.....HOLY SH!T!."

    -George Carlin

    Religious charity's do so much good around the world, that is why they pay no taxes.

    Who said He cannot handle money ?  He made you, and He made money !  Somebody made you !   It wasn't just luck that you popped up on earth. 

    Now that you are here, you heard the Word, you have a choice. 

     You heard the Word, the Ten Commandments, but you didn't heed. So you reap what you sow.

    Just as on earth, you heard the law of the land. If you break that law of our land, Murder, Theft , Etc.  Even though you do not believe in that law, you will be punished by a judge.

    So you have a choice.

    As for me, God leads my house, not George Carlin

    Furthermore. Look up the word Profane. I will bet you and George do not even know the real definition.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    "God is all powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing and all-wise, but somehow.....HE JUST CAN'T HANDLE MONEY!!!

    Religion brings in millions of dollars, they pay no taxes and they always want a little more.  Now you talk about a good BullSh!t Story.....HOLY SH!T!."

    -George Carlin

    Religious charity's do so much good around the world, that is why they pay no taxes.

    Who said He cannot handle money ?  He made you, and He made money !  Somebody made you !   It wasn't just luck that you popped up on earth. 

    Now that you are here, you heard the Word, you have a choice. 

     You heard the Word, the Ten Commandments, but you didn't heed. So you reap what you sow.

    Just as on earth, you heard the law of the land. If you break that law of our land, Murder, Theft , Etc.  Even though you do not believe in that law, you will be punished by a judge.

    So you have a choice.

    As for me, God leads my house, not George Carlin

    Furthermore. Look up the word Profane. I will bet you and George do not even know the real definition.
     
    RandyC726
    RandyC726
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 1545
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2015 - 1:25 PM ET #17

    Yes, somebody did make us... It's called my fathers sperm and my mothers egg. A man and a woman reproduce. There's no middle man in creating a child.

    Reply
    Yes, somebody did make us... It's called my fathers sperm and my mothers egg. A man and a woman reproduce. There's no middle man in creating a child.

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2015 - 1:53 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by RandyC726:

    Yes, somebody did make us... It's called my fathers sperm and my mothers egg. A man and a woman reproduce. There's no middle man in creating a child.


    this one is too easy what made the egg. what made the planet, the sun galaxy and universe I no man that can build any of this.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyC726:

    Yes, somebody did make us... It's called my fathers sperm and my mothers egg. A man and a woman reproduce. There's no middle man in creating a child.


    this one is too easy what made the egg. what made the planet, the sun galaxy and universe I no man that can build any of this.
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2015 - 2:29 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by don juan:


    Religious charity's do so much good around the world, that is why they pay no taxes.

    Who said He cannot handle money ?  He made you, and He made money !  Somebody made you !   It wasn't just luck that you popped up on earth. 

    Now that you are here, you heard the Word, you have a choice. 

     You heard the Word, the Ten Commandments, but you didn't heed. So you reap what you sow.

    Just as on earth, you heard the law of the land. If you break that law of our land, Murder, Theft , Etc.  Even though you do not believe in that law, you will be punished by a judge.

    So you have a choice.

    As for me, God leads my house, not George Carlin

    Furthermore. Look up the word Profane. I will bet you and George do not even know the real definition.

    Calm down Old man, it's a just a funny bit by Carlin.  We all need comedy in our live.  I was raised Roman Catholic and I actually believed in it until I reached the age of reason.  If you believe in the Bible, then more power to you!

    I respect peoples' religion and beliefs, even if you pray to a different invisible man or woman  than I pray .  

    As long as you treat people the way you want to be treated, then you're ok in my book; regardless if you're a Jesus freak or not.  I believe there is a God, but who's to say that the person, Buddhists, Hindus etc are wrong and you're right?  

    More people have been killed in the name of their God than any other reason.

    Speaking of the 10 Commandments (people with a sense of humor, check this out).  Don Juan, you're too much of a Liberal hippie to appreciate comedic gold and how he breaks this down.  You might be too sensitive to this but remember -IT'S JUST A JOKE!  

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8ooMBIyC8
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by don juan:


    Religious charity's do so much good around the world, that is why they pay no taxes.

    Who said He cannot handle money ?  He made you, and He made money !  Somebody made you !   It wasn't just luck that you popped up on earth. 

    Now that you are here, you heard the Word, you have a choice. 

     You heard the Word, the Ten Commandments, but you didn't heed. So you reap what you sow.

    Just as on earth, you heard the law of the land. If you break that law of our land, Murder, Theft , Etc.  Even though you do not believe in that law, you will be punished by a judge.

    So you have a choice.

    As for me, God leads my house, not George Carlin

    Furthermore. Look up the word Profane. I will bet you and George do not even know the real definition.

    Calm down Old man, it's a just a funny bit by Carlin.  We all need comedy in our live.  I was raised Roman Catholic and I actually believed in it until I reached the age of reason.  If you believe in the Bible, then more power to you!

    I respect peoples' religion and beliefs, even if you pray to a different invisible man or woman  than I pray .  

    As long as you treat people the way you want to be treated, then you're ok in my book; regardless if you're a Jesus freak or not.  I believe there is a God, but who's to say that the person, Buddhists, Hindus etc are wrong and you're right?  

    More people have been killed in the name of their God than any other reason.

    Speaking of the 10 Commandments (people with a sense of humor, check this out).  Don Juan, you're too much of a Liberal hippie to appreciate comedic gold and how he breaks this down.  You might be too sensitive to this but remember -IT'S JUST A JOKE!  

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8ooMBIyC8
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Dec. 5, 2015 - 2:56 PM ET #20

    I don't know what is a safe investment anymore

    People talking about tax free retirement accounts.  I simply do not trust the government to honor what they say they will or will not tax.  City, state, and local governments are all on borrowed time under their current budgets and growth of the welfare state.  Every day there are less producers and more consumers of tax revenue. 

    When you look at what it was like when the 1% income tax was first introduced, and compare it to how we are taxed now, it should be clear you cannot invest long term based on current tax laws.  I mean, look at social security.  Taxing 85% of it or spending it on things in no way related to the people who paid into it was never the plan. And the rate continues to go up and up. 

    When the government runs out of money where do you think they will get it?  They will target tax free sources of income, because if you were smart enough to delay gratification and plan for your future, well then you are probably well enough off you can pay more taxes. 

    Stock market is of course safe until the pinball hits the wrong slot and the bottom drops out so the people who caused it will make all the money.


    Reply
    I don't know what is a safe investment anymore

    People talking about tax free retirement accounts.  I simply do not trust the government to honor what they say they will or will not tax.  City, state, and local governments are all on borrowed time under their current budgets and growth of the welfare state.  Every day there are less producers and more consumers of tax revenue. 

    When you look at what it was like when the 1% income tax was first introduced, and compare it to how we are taxed now, it should be clear you cannot invest long term based on current tax laws.  I mean, look at social security.  Taxing 85% of it or spending it on things in no way related to the people who paid into it was never the plan. And the rate continues to go up and up. 

    When the government runs out of money where do you think they will get it?  They will target tax free sources of income, because if you were smart enough to delay gratification and plan for your future, well then you are probably well enough off you can pay more taxes. 

    Stock market is of course safe until the pinball hits the wrong slot and the bottom drops out so the people who caused it will make all the money.


     
    don juan
    don juan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2001
    Posts: 5561
    Posted: Dec. 6, 2015 - 5:18 AM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    Calm down Old man, it's a just a funny bit by Carlin.  We all need comedy in our live.  I was raised Roman Catholic and I actually believed in it until I reached the age of reason.  If you believe in the Bible, then more power to you!

    I respect peoples' religion and beliefs, even if you pray to a different invisible man or woman  than I pray .  

    As long as you treat people the way you want to be treated, then you're ok in my book; regardless if you're a Jesus freak or not.  I believe there is a God, but who's to say that the person, Buddhists, Hindus etc are wrong and you're right?  

    More people have been killed in the name of their God than any other reason.

    Speaking of the 10 Commandments (people with a sense of humor, check this out).  Don Juan, you're too much of a Liberal hippie to appreciate comedic gold and how he breaks this down.  You might be too sensitive to this but remember -IT'S JUST A JOKE!  

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8ooMBIyC8

    Slob,  I won't watch Youtube, I don't think Carlin is funny at all.

    If you were raised Roman Catholic then obviously your parents believed in Jesus Christ because they wanted you to enjoy the next life. If you do not believe when you " reached the age of reason " Then you dishonor them.

    More people have been killed in the name of God/Jesus because He is love and peace, and the evil ones hate love and peace. 

    Thirdly, I have never been a hippie, and I am not liberal.  I was a soldier then, in the sixties and I'm a soldier now for Christ.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    Calm down Old man, it's a just a funny bit by Carlin.  We all need comedy in our live.  I was raised Roman Catholic and I actually believed in it until I reached the age of reason.  If you believe in the Bible, then more power to you!

    I respect peoples' religion and beliefs, even if you pray to a different invisible man or woman  than I pray .  

    As long as you treat people the way you want to be treated, then you're ok in my book; regardless if you're a Jesus freak or not.  I believe there is a God, but who's to say that the person, Buddhists, Hindus etc are wrong and you're right?  

    More people have been killed in the name of their God than any other reason.

    Speaking of the 10 Commandments (people with a sense of humor, check this out).  Don Juan, you're too much of a Liberal hippie to appreciate comedic gold and how he breaks this down.  You might be too sensitive to this but remember -IT'S JUST A JOKE!  

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8ooMBIyC8

    Slob,  I won't watch Youtube, I don't think Carlin is funny at all.

    If you were raised Roman Catholic then obviously your parents believed in Jesus Christ because they wanted you to enjoy the next life. If you do not believe when you " reached the age of reason " Then you dishonor them.

    More people have been killed in the name of God/Jesus because He is love and peace, and the evil ones hate love and peace. 

    Thirdly, I have never been a hippie, and I am not liberal.  I was a soldier then, in the sixties and I'm a soldier now for Christ.  
     
    don juan
    don juan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2001
    Posts: 5561
    Posted: Dec. 6, 2015 - 5:20 AM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    Calm down Old man, it's a just a funny bit by Carlin.  We all need comedy in our live.  I was raised Roman Catholic and I actually believed in it until I reached the age of reason.  If you believe in the Bible, then more power to you!

    I respect peoples' religion and beliefs, even if you pray to a different invisible man or woman  than I pray .  

    As long as you treat people the way you want to be treated, then you're ok in my book; regardless if you're a Jesus freak or not.  I believe there is a God, but who's to say that the person, Buddhists, Hindus etc are wrong and you're right?  

    More people have been killed in the name of their God than any other reason.

    Speaking of the 10 Commandments (people with a sense of humor, check this out).  Don Juan, you're too much of a Liberal hippie to appreciate comedic gold and how he breaks this down.  You might be too sensitive to this but remember -IT'S JUST A JOKE!  

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8ooMBIyC8

    Slob,  I won't watch Youtube, I don't think Carlin is funny at all.

    If you were raised Roman Catholic then obviously your parents believed in Jesus Christ because they wanted you to enjoy the next life. If you do not believe when you " reached the age of reason " Then you dishonor them.

    More people have been killed in the name of God/Jesus because He is love and peace, and the evil ones hate love and peace. 

    Thirdly, I have never been a hippie, and I am not liberal.  I was a soldier then, in the sixties and I'm a soldier now for Christ.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:


    Calm down Old man, it's a just a funny bit by Carlin.  We all need comedy in our live.  I was raised Roman Catholic and I actually believed in it until I reached the age of reason.  If you believe in the Bible, then more power to you!

    I respect peoples' religion and beliefs, even if you pray to a different invisible man or woman  than I pray .  

    As long as you treat people the way you want to be treated, then you're ok in my book; regardless if you're a Jesus freak or not.  I believe there is a God, but who's to say that the person, Buddhists, Hindus etc are wrong and you're right?  

    More people have been killed in the name of their God than any other reason.

    Speaking of the 10 Commandments (people with a sense of humor, check this out).  Don Juan, you're too much of a Liberal hippie to appreciate comedic gold and how he breaks this down.  You might be too sensitive to this but remember -IT'S JUST A JOKE!  

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE8ooMBIyC8

    Slob,  I won't watch Youtube, I don't think Carlin is funny at all.

    If you were raised Roman Catholic then obviously your parents believed in Jesus Christ because they wanted you to enjoy the next life. If you do not believe when you " reached the age of reason " Then you dishonor them.

    More people have been killed in the name of God/Jesus because He is love and peace, and the evil ones hate love and peace. 

    Thirdly, I have never been a hippie, and I am not liberal.  I was a soldier then, in the sixties and I'm a soldier now for Christ.  
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Dec. 6, 2015 - 7:57 AM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by don juan:


    Slob,  I won't watch Youtube, I don't think Carlin is funny at all.

    If you were raised Roman Catholic then obviously your parents believed in Jesus Christ because they wanted you to enjoy the next life. If you do not believe when you " reached the age of reason " Then you dishonor them.

    More people have been killed in the name of God/Jesus because He is love and peace, and the evil ones hate love and peace. 

    Thirdly, I have never been a hippie, and I am not liberal.  I was a soldier then, in the sixties and I'm a soldier now for Christ.  

    Sorry to hijack your thread young but I have to make this comment.

    I dishonor my parents because I don't believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God?  I hate to break it to you, but some people have a mind of their own and just because I don't believe in their religion doesn't mean that I don't honor them.  I believe in the morals and values that Roman Catholicism instilled in me but I don't take the Bible in at a literal level.  Ironically, outside of a wedding or funeral, I haven't been to a Catholic church since I was confirmed.  Even if you are right, Catholics believe in a sacrament called Reconciliation.  All I have to do is chill in purgatory until St. Peter authorizes my admission into heaven; so I'm covered.

    Like I mentioned, person, Muslims, Buddhists,Hundis etc don't believe that JC is the son of God.  Does this mean they're not going to enjoy a blissful afterlife?  If your answer is Yes then you are a fool.  Who's to say that you're right and they're wrong? THERE IS A GOD BUT I WOULD NEVER LIMIT IT TO A SPECIFIC ORGANIZED RELIGION.  Respect people, be a good person and treat others the way you want to be treated, then you'll enjoy a blissful afterlife.  That's all that matters. 

    Back to the real topic at hand,

    Hawk's advice of reinvesting in your home by adding an additional bathroom or re-modeling the kitchen will add a lot of value to your current home.  This is in my 5 year investment plan.  





    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by don juan:


    Slob,  I won't watch Youtube, I don't think Carlin is funny at all.

    If you were raised Roman Catholic then obviously your parents believed in Jesus Christ because they wanted you to enjoy the next life. If you do not believe when you " reached the age of reason " Then you dishonor them.

    More people have been killed in the name of God/Jesus because He is love and peace, and the evil ones hate love and peace. 

    Thirdly, I have never been a hippie, and I am not liberal.  I was a soldier then, in the sixties and I'm a soldier now for Christ.  

    Sorry to hijack your thread young but I have to make this comment.

    I dishonor my parents because I don't believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God?  I hate to break it to you, but some people have a mind of their own and just because I don't believe in their religion doesn't mean that I don't honor them.  I believe in the morals and values that Roman Catholicism instilled in me but I don't take the Bible in at a literal level.  Ironically, outside of a wedding or funeral, I haven't been to a Catholic church since I was confirmed.  Even if you are right, Catholics believe in a sacrament called Reconciliation.  All I have to do is chill in purgatory until St. Peter authorizes my admission into heaven; so I'm covered.

    Like I mentioned, person, Muslims, Buddhists,Hundis etc don't believe that JC is the son of God.  Does this mean they're not going to enjoy a blissful afterlife?  If your answer is Yes then you are a fool.  Who's to say that you're right and they're wrong? THERE IS A GOD BUT I WOULD NEVER LIMIT IT TO A SPECIFIC ORGANIZED RELIGION.  Respect people, be a good person and treat others the way you want to be treated, then you'll enjoy a blissful afterlife.  That's all that matters. 

    Back to the real topic at hand,

    Hawk's advice of reinvesting in your home by adding an additional bathroom or re-modeling the kitchen will add a lot of value to your current home.  This is in my 5 year investment plan.  





     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Dec. 6, 2015 - 10:12 AM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:

    I don't know what is a safe investment anymore

    People talking about tax free retirement accounts.  I simply do not trust the government to honor what they say they will or will not tax. 


    Tax Free means you don't pay tax on the money now.  You still pay tax on it when you withdraw the money.  If you make 200K a year now, you are in the highest tax bracket.  After you retire, you won't be in the highest bracket any more and will pay less tax.

    And the USA respects and preserves private property more than any other country.  It is written into the constituion.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:

    I don't know what is a safe investment anymore

    People talking about tax free retirement accounts.  I simply do not trust the government to honor what they say they will or will not tax. 


    Tax Free means you don't pay tax on the money now.  You still pay tax on it when you withdraw the money.  If you make 200K a year now, you are in the highest tax bracket.  After you retire, you won't be in the highest bracket any more and will pay less tax.

    And the USA respects and preserves private property more than any other country.  It is written into the constituion.
     
     
    don juan
    don juan
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2001
    Posts: 5561
    Posted: Dec. 6, 2015 - 3:36 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by thorpe:



    Tax Free means you don't pay tax on the money now.  You still pay tax on it when you withdraw the money.  If you make 200K a year now, you are in the highest tax bracket.  After you retire, you won't be in the highest bracket any more and will pay less tax.

    And the USA respects and preserves private property more than any other country.  It is written into the constituion.

    Wrong, tax free means just as it says, Tax Free.  You are talking about tax deferred, Meaning when you take it out, you pay tax on it then.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thorpe:



    Tax Free means you don't pay tax on the money now.  You still pay tax on it when you withdraw the money.  If you make 200K a year now, you are in the highest tax bracket.  After you retire, you won't be in the highest bracket any more and will pay less tax.

    And the USA respects and preserves private property more than any other country.  It is written into the constituion.

    Wrong, tax free means just as it says, Tax Free.  You are talking about tax deferred, Meaning when you take it out, you pay tax on it then.
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,355
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 436
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,894
    • PART DEUX 157
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 847
    • Week 6 Money 8,470
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,270
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,261

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.