• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    RIP Rowdy Roddy Piper

    Sparky10191
    BarneysDad
    TheGoldenGoose
    SarasotaSlim
    TheDrizzle77
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1070
    Posts: 18
     
    Sparky10191
    Sparky10191
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 68277
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2015 - 6:38 PM ET #1

    Passed away at 61 due to cardiac arrest.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Passed away at 61 due to cardiac arrest.

     
    BarneysDad
    BarneysDad
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2004
    Posts: 23615
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2015 - 6:52 PM ET #2

    Reply
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2015 - 7:19 PM ET #3



    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply


     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2015 - 7:20 PM ET #4

    "I have come here to chew bubble gum, and kick azz.....
     And I'm all out of bubble gum."

    Piper trained under Stu Hart.....

    The fight :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9rrgJXfLns


    RIP Rowdy Roddy
    Reply
    "I have come here to chew bubble gum, and kick azz.....
     And I'm all out of bubble gum."

    Piper trained under Stu Hart.....

    The fight :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9rrgJXfLns


    RIP Rowdy Roddy
     
    TheDrizzle77
    TheDrizzle77
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 2685
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2015 - 8:20 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

    "I have come here to chew bubble gum, and kick azz.....
     And I'm all out of bubble gum."

    Piper trained under Stu Hart.....

    The fight :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9rrgJXfLns


    RIP Rowdy Roddy

    I was never much into wrestling, but ohhh my God was that movie amazing.  Roddy was just awesome in that role.  And his 30 minute fight in the ally with Keith David just made cinema masterpiece.

    Roddy! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

    "I have come here to chew bubble gum, and kick azz.....
     And I'm all out of bubble gum."

    Piper trained under Stu Hart.....

    The fight :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9rrgJXfLns


    RIP Rowdy Roddy

    I was never much into wrestling, but ohhh my God was that movie amazing.  Roddy was just awesome in that role.  And his 30 minute fight in the ally with Keith David just made cinema masterpiece.

    Roddy! 
     
    TheDrizzle77
    TheDrizzle77
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 2685
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2015 - 8:27 PM ET #6

    Wow I didn't even click on the link until after I posted...sure enough, it's a clip from the epic fight from They Live.  Great post. 

    "Either put on these glasses, or start eating that trash can!"
    Reply
    Wow I didn't even click on the link until after I posted...sure enough, it's a clip from the epic fight from They Live.  Great post. 

    "Either put on these glasses, or start eating that trash can!"
     
    vetdrm
    vetdrm
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 14987
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2015 - 8:46 PM ET #7

    One of the greats. Tough act to follow 

    R.I.
    Reply
    One of the greats. Tough act to follow 

    R.I.
     
    ClubDirt
    ClubDirt
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 28196
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2015 - 10:12 PM ET #8

    Rowdy Roddy Piper 



    Reply
    Rowdy Roddy Piper 



     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2015 - 10:29 PM ET #9

    Hogan banished.

    Piper passes a few days later.

    These two men literally built the Fed in the mid-80's during the Rock N' Wrestling era.

    Very sad news...

    I will say that surviving to 61 as a pro wrestler is more remarkable than not.

    Reply

    Hogan banished.

    Piper passes a few days later.

    These two men literally built the Fed in the mid-80's during the Rock N' Wrestling era.

    Very sad news...

    I will say that surviving to 61 as a pro wrestler is more remarkable than not.

     
    ZiggyDawg
    ZiggyDawg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 5532
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2015 - 11:27 PM ET #10

    Reply
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jul. 31, 2015 - 11:45 PM ET #11

    I have to get a "Hot Rod" shirt......   one of the funniest guys ever to grace the ring





    Reply
    I have to get a "Hot Rod" shirt......   one of the funniest guys ever to grace the ring





     
    Coin Toss
    Coin Toss
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 485
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2015 - 12:43 AM ET #12

    R.I.P

    Rowdy Roddy Piper, Roddy Toombs

     

    "That's like putting perfume on a pig"

    They Live

     

    Reply

    R.I.P

    Rowdy Roddy Piper, Roddy Toombs

     

    "That's like putting perfume on a pig"

    They Live

     

     
    CanadaCup
    CanadaCup
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 16380
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2015 - 1:27 PM ET #13

    I Have Come Here To Chew Bubble Gum and Kick behind...and I'm all out of Bubble Gum.

    R.I.P. Hot Rod! 

     

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDKdHuyQpHY

    Reply

    I Have Come Here To Chew Bubble Gum and Kick behind...and I'm all out of Bubble Gum.

    R.I.P. Hot Rod! 

     

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDKdHuyQpHY

     
    CanadaCup
    CanadaCup
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 16380
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2015 - 1:28 PM ET #14

     Have Come Here To Chew Bubble Gum and Kick A$$ and I'm all out of Bubble Gum.

    R.I.P. Hot Rod! 

     

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDKdHuyQpHY

    Reply
     Have Come Here To Chew Bubble Gum and Kick A$$ and I'm all out of Bubble Gum.

    R.I.P. Hot Rod! 

     

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDKdHuyQpHY

     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2015 - 1:50 PM ET #15

    "Just when they think they have the answers, I change the questions"
    Reply
    "Just when they think they have the answers, I change the questions"
     
    CanadaCup
    CanadaCup
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 16380
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2015 - 1:58 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    "Just when they think they have the answers, I change the questions"

    Hot Rod the original bad A$$!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo_QrixLSSc

     

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    "Just when they think they have the answers, I change the questions"

    Hot Rod the original bad A$$!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo_QrixLSSc

     

     

     
    Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 2413
    Posted: Aug. 4, 2015 - 3:44 PM ET #17

    My first memories of watching wrestling as a kid was Roddy at the Olympic Auditorium in LA before he hit any of the bigger promotions. They would broadcast the show on some local UHF channel in the late 70's and I was glued to the TV every week then  Roller Derby right after. (Yeah I know I was 8 years old don't judge me)

    That was the first time I watched wrestling and have been a fan of Roddy ever since.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGAAQiyOfm8





    Reply
    My first memories of watching wrestling as a kid was Roddy at the Olympic Auditorium in LA before he hit any of the bigger promotions. They would broadcast the show on some local UHF channel in the late 70's and I was glued to the TV every week then  Roller Derby right after. (Yeah I know I was 8 years old don't judge me)

    That was the first time I watched wrestling and have been a fan of Roddy ever since.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGAAQiyOfm8





     
     
    Sparky10191
    Sparky10191
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2006
    Posts: 68277
    Posted: Aug. 4, 2015 - 6:11 PM ET #18

    WWE did a great job honoring him last night...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBMTYUjuuMg
    Reply
    WWE did a great job honoring him last night...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBMTYUjuuMg
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,357
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,902
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 437
    • PART DEUX 163
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 849
    • Week 6 Money 8,594
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,302
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,265

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.