• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Post Your Personal "Feel Good" Encounter With The Police Here.....

    12 Next Last»
    GimmeMoneyNow
    mainman11111
    Rush51
    bunny651
    steve1203
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1531
    Posts: 34
    12 Next Last»
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2016 - 1:59 PM ET #1

    I got called out on my other topic, so I figured I'd play Devil's Advocate and give the other side of the coin a voice. I personally don't have any, but I'm sure some exist..... Somewhere.....

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    I got called out on my other topic, so I figured I'd play Devil's Advocate and give the other side of the coin a voice. I personally don't have any, but I'm sure some exist..... Somewhere.....

     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2016 - 2:55 PM ET #2

    off topic but interesting

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-inmates-break-cell-save-155745613.html

    news broke today
    Reply
    off topic but interesting

    https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-inmates-break-cell-save-155745613.html

    news broke today
     
    mainman11111
    mainman11111
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2016
    Posts: 1083
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2016 - 4:17 PM ET #3

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX8fLnrXuk4


    ^ off topic

    but this guy is a true hero! he gets shot and then helps another guy (the enemy!!!)

    "to make this a better country"
    Reply
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX8fLnrXuk4


    ^ off topic

    but this guy is a true hero! he gets shot and then helps another guy (the enemy!!!)

    "to make this a better country"
     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2016 - 11:39 PM ET #4

    To the OP, you figured you'd play "  Devil's Advocate "  on the good that cops play in our society ?? 

    You should be banned you F##cker.. That is just wrong.   You are part of the percentage of our society that truly believe there is something wrong with "authority" in our society.   It ain't the authority's fault when the great majority of crimes are committed by blacks.   OMG ??!!  

      Yeah, go understand the position of the cops by putting yourself in their position.  That would be a healthy perspective.  

     

    Reply

    To the OP, you figured you'd play "  Devil's Advocate "  on the good that cops play in our society ?? 

    You should be banned you F##cker.. That is just wrong.   You are part of the percentage of our society that truly believe there is something wrong with "authority" in our society.   It ain't the authority's fault when the great majority of crimes are committed by blacks.   OMG ??!!  

      Yeah, go understand the position of the cops by putting yourself in their position.  That would be a healthy perspective.  

     

     
    bunny651
    bunny651
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 6709
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2016 - 11:04 AM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    To the OP, you figured you'd play "  Devil's Advocate "  on the good that cops play in our society ?? 

    You should be banned you F##cker.. That is just wrong.   You are part of the percentage of our society that truly believe there is something wrong with "authority" in our society.   It ain't the authority's fault when the great majority of crimes are committed by blacks.   OMG ??!!  

      Yeah, go understand the position of the cops by putting yourself in their position.  That would be a healthy perspective.  

     

    I believe the vast majority of the police force are doing a good job under a very tough environment. At the same time, you should take your own advice since your views are always one-sided and you never seem to put yourself into other's position. Yeah, it would be a healthy perspective.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush51:

    To the OP, you figured you'd play "  Devil's Advocate "  on the good that cops play in our society ?? 

    You should be banned you F##cker.. That is just wrong.   You are part of the percentage of our society that truly believe there is something wrong with "authority" in our society.   It ain't the authority's fault when the great majority of crimes are committed by blacks.   OMG ??!!  

      Yeah, go understand the position of the cops by putting yourself in their position.  That would be a healthy perspective.  

     

    I believe the vast majority of the police force are doing a good job under a very tough environment. At the same time, you should take your own advice since your views are always one-sided and you never seem to put yourself into other's position. Yeah, it would be a healthy perspective.

     
    bunny651
    bunny651
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 6709
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2016 - 11:09 AM ET #6

    As for OP, I've read/heard many feel-good stories about police helping citizens. Obviously, they probably don't attract media attention because they don't sell!!
    Reply
    As for OP, I've read/heard many feel-good stories about police helping citizens. Obviously, they probably don't attract media attention because they don't sell!!
     
    steve1203
    steve1203
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 335
    Posted: Jul. 11, 2016 - 6:36 AM ET #7

    You guys really don't want a society without law enforcement.

    You wouldn't be able to go outside with all the thugs running around doing whatever they want.

    It's cops that put these thugs in prison.
    Reply
    You guys really don't want a society without law enforcement.

    You wouldn't be able to go outside with all the thugs running around doing whatever they want.

    It's cops that put these thugs in prison.
     
    MullerRose
    MullerRose
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2016
    Posts: 192
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2016 - 9:31 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by bunny651:

    As for OP, I've read/heard many feel-good stories about police helping citizens. Obviously, they probably don't attract media attention because they don't sell!!

    I strongly agree! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny651:

    As for OP, I've read/heard many feel-good stories about police helping citizens. Obviously, they probably don't attract media attention because they don't sell!!

    I strongly agree! 
     
    MullerRose
    MullerRose
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2016
    Posts: 192
    Posted: Jul. 12, 2016 - 9:33 PM ET #9

    There are thousands of positive cop stories and the media don't put it in the news. 
    Reply
    There are thousands of positive cop stories and the media don't put it in the news. 
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 16, 2016 - 10:14 AM ET #10

    So, I posted this thread a week ago asking for your personal positive encounter with the police. As of right now, 242 views, 9 posts ranging everywhere from "off topic", to "I'm sure there's one somewhere", to someone calling for me to be banned....

    Not even one single story!! ONE!! No one even tried to make one up!! Why? Because they don't exist!!  Like I said before, all cops are dikks and it takes a certain a-hole personality to even want to take that on as your job. Have you ever even dealt with one off duty and tried to talk to them on a personal level? I have, many cops many times. They're still in "cop mode", and they don't shut the attitude off. That's why my other thread is chock full of personal harassment stories....

    Thank you for proving my point everybody, case closed....
    Reply
    So, I posted this thread a week ago asking for your personal positive encounter with the police. As of right now, 242 views, 9 posts ranging everywhere from "off topic", to "I'm sure there's one somewhere", to someone calling for me to be banned....

    Not even one single story!! ONE!! No one even tried to make one up!! Why? Because they don't exist!!  Like I said before, all cops are dikks and it takes a certain a-hole personality to even want to take that on as your job. Have you ever even dealt with one off duty and tried to talk to them on a personal level? I have, many cops many times. They're still in "cop mode", and they don't shut the attitude off. That's why my other thread is chock full of personal harassment stories....

    Thank you for proving my point everybody, case closed....
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 16, 2016 - 11:58 AM ET #11

    As most reasonable people do, I have mixed feelings about cops.  I've been arrested 9 times since I was 15 (not proud of it by any means), but have no convictions.  It got to the point where I knew the DA and judge on a first name basis.  It's absolutely amazing that I don't have a record.  Some cops are genuine @ssholes and others are terrific people.  All of my arrests were drinking related so I own up to my mistakes and no longer drink.

    First case:  I was sh!tfaced and I knew I was not ok to drive so I stopped at a diner to grab some food and a coffee.  I passed out at the table and was awoken by a Kearny city police.  Instead of locking me up for public intox, he called my sister and she picked me up and drove my drunk @ss home without an arrest.

    Second case:  15 years ago when I was a junior in high school, my buddies and I skipped school to drink beers on the beach.  We were hanging for about 3-4 hours when a town police approached us.  Of course he found our booze and cuffed us all.  None of my friends parents were home but my mom was so he contacted her, and she ended up driving 5 drunk 16 year old kids home from the beach with no arrests.

    Third case:  9 years ago at St. Marks Place in NYC, my buddy and I got busted for open containers.  As he was writing us our citations he allowed us to finish our brews.  Still cost both of $55 but I thought that was decent of him.  

    There you go Money.  All of my fault but the cops hooked it up.  If we were black, I'm sure things would have went down differently, but being a Guinea in NJ these days is not a bad thing.

    Reply
    As most reasonable people do, I have mixed feelings about cops.  I've been arrested 9 times since I was 15 (not proud of it by any means), but have no convictions.  It got to the point where I knew the DA and judge on a first name basis.  It's absolutely amazing that I don't have a record.  Some cops are genuine @ssholes and others are terrific people.  All of my arrests were drinking related so I own up to my mistakes and no longer drink.

    First case:  I was sh!tfaced and I knew I was not ok to drive so I stopped at a diner to grab some food and a coffee.  I passed out at the table and was awoken by a Kearny city police.  Instead of locking me up for public intox, he called my sister and she picked me up and drove my drunk @ss home without an arrest.

    Second case:  15 years ago when I was a junior in high school, my buddies and I skipped school to drink beers on the beach.  We were hanging for about 3-4 hours when a town police approached us.  Of course he found our booze and cuffed us all.  None of my friends parents were home but my mom was so he contacted her, and she ended up driving 5 drunk 16 year old kids home from the beach with no arrests.

    Third case:  9 years ago at St. Marks Place in NYC, my buddy and I got busted for open containers.  As he was writing us our citations he allowed us to finish our brews.  Still cost both of $55 but I thought that was decent of him.  

    There you go Money.  All of my fault but the cops hooked it up.  If we were black, I'm sure things would have went down differently, but being a Guinea in NJ these days is not a bad thing.

     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 16, 2016 - 1:09 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    As most reasonable people do, I have mixed feelings about cops.  I've been arrested 9 times since I was 15 (not proud of it by any means), but have no convictions.  It got to the point where I knew the DA and judge on a first name basis.  It's absolutely amazing that I don't have a record.  Some cops are genuine @ssholes and others are terrific people.  All of my arrests were drinking related so I own up to my mistakes and no longer drink.

    First case:  I was sh!tfaced and I knew I was not ok to drive so I stopped at a diner to grab some food and a coffee.  I passed out at the table and was awoken by a Kearny city police.  Instead of locking me up for public intox, he called my sister and she picked me up and drove my drunk @ss home without an arrest.

    Second case:  15 years ago when I was a junior in high school, my buddies and I skipped school to drink beers on the beach.  We were hanging for about 3-4 hours when a town police approached us.  Of course he found our booze and cuffed us all.  None of my friends parents were home but my mom was so he contacted her, and she ended up driving 5 drunk 16 year old kids home from the beach with no arrests.

    Third case:  9 years ago at St. Marks Place in NYC, my buddy and I got busted for open containers.  As he was writing us our citations he allowed us to finish our brews.  Still cost both of $55 but I thought that was decent of him.  

    There you go Money.  All of my fault but the cops hooked it up.  If we were black, I'm sure things would have went down differently, but being a Guinea in NJ these days is not a bad thing.



    First off, congrats on having enough courage to admit you had a drinking problem and getting sober. We've all got friends and family who are too stubborn & stupid to even admit they have a problem...

    Secondly, ehhhh, not so much "feel good" stories as much as it looks like the cops not wanting to mess with the paperwork and/or just utilizing common sense, which cops rarely do. One of them you were a juvenile,  so they couldn't do much to you anyways except release you to your parents. I don't know, maybe the one where the cop let you finish your beer? Maybe??? You did still have to pay the fine, though....


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    As most reasonable people do, I have mixed feelings about cops.  I've been arrested 9 times since I was 15 (not proud of it by any means), but have no convictions.  It got to the point where I knew the DA and judge on a first name basis.  It's absolutely amazing that I don't have a record.  Some cops are genuine @ssholes and others are terrific people.  All of my arrests were drinking related so I own up to my mistakes and no longer drink.

    First case:  I was sh!tfaced and I knew I was not ok to drive so I stopped at a diner to grab some food and a coffee.  I passed out at the table and was awoken by a Kearny city police.  Instead of locking me up for public intox, he called my sister and she picked me up and drove my drunk @ss home without an arrest.

    Second case:  15 years ago when I was a junior in high school, my buddies and I skipped school to drink beers on the beach.  We were hanging for about 3-4 hours when a town police approached us.  Of course he found our booze and cuffed us all.  None of my friends parents were home but my mom was so he contacted her, and she ended up driving 5 drunk 16 year old kids home from the beach with no arrests.

    Third case:  9 years ago at St. Marks Place in NYC, my buddy and I got busted for open containers.  As he was writing us our citations he allowed us to finish our brews.  Still cost both of $55 but I thought that was decent of him.  

    There you go Money.  All of my fault but the cops hooked it up.  If we were black, I'm sure things would have went down differently, but being a Guinea in NJ these days is not a bad thing.



    First off, congrats on having enough courage to admit you had a drinking problem and getting sober. We've all got friends and family who are too stubborn & stupid to even admit they have a problem...

    Secondly, ehhhh, not so much "feel good" stories as much as it looks like the cops not wanting to mess with the paperwork and/or just utilizing common sense, which cops rarely do. One of them you were a juvenile,  so they couldn't do much to you anyways except release you to your parents. I don't know, maybe the one where the cop let you finish your beer? Maybe??? You did still have to pay the fine, though....


     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 16, 2016 - 1:45 PM ET #13

    Thanks man.

    Hey man, I can go over my bad experiences as well.  I have plenty of them.  I was brought in for a 3rd degree Agg Assult that went to Grand Jury in Paterson back in 2007 that I didn't even commit.  As a matter of fact, I created my Covers account during that time, hahaha.  Talk about life altering if I even got indicted. 

    You have to figure that most people that have an education beyond high school are smarter than 50% of cops.  I believe that most of them are good people that are just doing their jobs.  My opinion of the hierarchy of great cops: Town, City, County and Statie.  The higher they are in their ranks, the bigger @ssholes they are.  

    The best advice I can give anyone is this:

    If you're arrested, even if you're innocent which was in my case in the aforementioned incident, do not speak with them.  I can't stress this enough.  They don't care about you or your livelihood at this point; they made their decision.  Shut the phuck up and get a lawyer.

    People that are close to me that know my story are stunned that I turned out to be a CPA, hahaha.  
    Reply
    Thanks man.

    Hey man, I can go over my bad experiences as well.  I have plenty of them.  I was brought in for a 3rd degree Agg Assult that went to Grand Jury in Paterson back in 2007 that I didn't even commit.  As a matter of fact, I created my Covers account during that time, hahaha.  Talk about life altering if I even got indicted. 

    You have to figure that most people that have an education beyond high school are smarter than 50% of cops.  I believe that most of them are good people that are just doing their jobs.  My opinion of the hierarchy of great cops: Town, City, County and Statie.  The higher they are in their ranks, the bigger @ssholes they are.  

    The best advice I can give anyone is this:

    If you're arrested, even if you're innocent which was in my case in the aforementioned incident, do not speak with them.  I can't stress this enough.  They don't care about you or your livelihood at this point; they made their decision.  Shut the phuck up and get a lawyer.

    People that are close to me that know my story are stunned that I turned out to be a CPA, hahaha.  
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 9:06 AM ET #14

    Put this in your pipe and smoke it 

    https://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/16/police-officers-pay-for-motel-room-help-raise-150g-for-homeless-teen-who-biked-six-hours-to-college.html
    Reply
    Put this in your pipe and smoke it 

    https://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/16/police-officers-pay-for-motel-room-help-raise-150g-for-homeless-teen-who-biked-six-hours-to-college.html
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 9:48 AM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    Put this in your pipe and smoke it 

    https://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/16/police-officers-pay-for-motel-room-help-raise-150g-for-homeless-teen-who-biked-six-hours-to-college.html

    Topic: Post Your Personal "Feel Good" Encounter With The Police Here.....


    Yeah, I've got Google too. Try searching both "Officer Helps" and "Officer Shoots" - see which one gives you more "related searches".....

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JEFFMARKETCAP:

    Put this in your pipe and smoke it 

    https://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/16/police-officers-pay-for-motel-room-help-raise-150g-for-homeless-teen-who-biked-six-hours-to-college.html

    Topic: Post Your Personal "Feel Good" Encounter With The Police Here.....


    Yeah, I've got Google too. Try searching both "Officer Helps" and "Officer Shoots" - see which one gives you more "related searches".....

     
    coldsnap55
    coldsnap55
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2004
    Posts: 9818
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 10:18 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    So, I posted this thread a week ago asking for your personal positive encounter with the police. As of right now, 242 views, 9 posts ranging everywhere from "off topic", to "I'm sure there's one somewhere", to someone calling for me to be banned....

    Not even one single story!! ONE!! No one even tried to make one up!! Why? Because they don't exist!!  Like I said before, all cops are dikks and it takes a certain a-hole personality to even want to take that on as your job. Have you ever even dealt with one off duty and tried to talk to them on a personal level? I have, many cops many times. They're still in "cop mode", and they don't shut the attitude off. That's why my other thread is chock full of personal harassment stories....

    Thank you for proving my point everybody, case closed....


    Besides yours .......


       2
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    So, I posted this thread a week ago asking for your personal positive encounter with the police. As of right now, 242 views, 9 posts ranging everywhere from "off topic", to "I'm sure there's one somewhere", to someone calling for me to be banned....

    Not even one single story!! ONE!! No one even tried to make one up!! Why? Because they don't exist!!  Like I said before, all cops are dikks and it takes a certain a-hole personality to even want to take that on as your job. Have you ever even dealt with one off duty and tried to talk to them on a personal level? I have, many cops many times. They're still in "cop mode", and they don't shut the attitude off. That's why my other thread is chock full of personal harassment stories....

    Thank you for proving my point everybody, case closed....


    Besides yours .......


       2
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 10:29 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:



    Yeah, I've got Google too. Try searching both "Officer Helps" and "Officer Shoots" - see which one gives you more "related searches".....


    That would be a result of which 'search' gets more news coverages, not of which thing happens more often.

    As for 'feel good' stories, I have them from personal experience.
    I also have stories that involve an officer who needed a foot up his azz. 

    The profession of a police officer, and the power it gives a person via a badge and gun, no doubt will attract the type of person that is not capable of handling that power. It also attracts good guys that truly want to protect and serve.

    A person not well equipped for that type of job would be my pal Scalabrine.
    If Scal were a cop and pulled over a white motorist for a minor infraction, do you think that white person would be harassed, or verbally and possibly physically abused?
    On the other side, if officer Scal pulled over a black motorist ... oh wait, that would never happen.

    I've been on this earth longer than most of you, and have had more experiences with the police, as well.
    I do not let my bad experiences with a few, nor the media's narrative, dictate how I view a large group of law enforcement people.

    As Michael Jackson, that noted pedophile says ... 
    "One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, girl" 
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:



    Yeah, I've got Google too. Try searching both "Officer Helps" and "Officer Shoots" - see which one gives you more "related searches".....


    That would be a result of which 'search' gets more news coverages, not of which thing happens more often.

    As for 'feel good' stories, I have them from personal experience.
    I also have stories that involve an officer who needed a foot up his azz. 

    The profession of a police officer, and the power it gives a person via a badge and gun, no doubt will attract the type of person that is not capable of handling that power. It also attracts good guys that truly want to protect and serve.

    A person not well equipped for that type of job would be my pal Scalabrine.
    If Scal were a cop and pulled over a white motorist for a minor infraction, do you think that white person would be harassed, or verbally and possibly physically abused?
    On the other side, if officer Scal pulled over a black motorist ... oh wait, that would never happen.

    I've been on this earth longer than most of you, and have had more experiences with the police, as well.
    I do not let my bad experiences with a few, nor the media's narrative, dictate how I view a large group of law enforcement people.

    As Michael Jackson, that noted pedophile says ... 
    "One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, girl" 
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 10:33 AM ET #18

    I really am surprised.

    A site that's dedicated to degenerate gambling and people aren't sharing their cops stories.

    It's not you phuckers are still on the run.  
    Reply
    I really am surprised.

    A site that's dedicated to degenerate gambling and people aren't sharing their cops stories.

    It's not you phuckers are still on the run.  
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 12:10 PM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by coldsnap55:



    Besides yours .......


       2



    That's still 3 more than this one.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsnap55:



    Besides yours .......


       2



    That's still 3 more than this one.....
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 12:30 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    The profession of a police officer, and the power it gives a person via a badge and gun, no doubt will attract the type of person that is not capable of handling that power.


    That.....
    Right there.....
    Sums up my whole point.

    Much like people that get into MMA, or NASCAR, or skydiving, anything with that hint of danger - you've got to have that in your DNA. Same thing with the personality of the police officer. In my entire life on this planet, whether they were friends, acquaintances, strangers, relatives, on duty or off duty, I've never EVER met an officer of the law that wasn't a total and complete f@cking a$$hole.

    I'm including examples like a buddy of mine's sister who was married to one, was beaten for years, they had a kid, once the beatings started on the child, she finally wised up and divorced that loser....

    Another acquaintance, similar situation with a cop "boyfriend". Luckily she never got married or pregnant by this piece of garbage.

    To wrap it up, yes some cops will do good deeds now and then. But there's always going to be that power hungry real life chicken sh!t lurking down in there somewhere like the incredible hulk.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    The profession of a police officer, and the power it gives a person via a badge and gun, no doubt will attract the type of person that is not capable of handling that power.


    That.....
    Right there.....
    Sums up my whole point.

    Much like people that get into MMA, or NASCAR, or skydiving, anything with that hint of danger - you've got to have that in your DNA. Same thing with the personality of the police officer. In my entire life on this planet, whether they were friends, acquaintances, strangers, relatives, on duty or off duty, I've never EVER met an officer of the law that wasn't a total and complete f@cking a$$hole.

    I'm including examples like a buddy of mine's sister who was married to one, was beaten for years, they had a kid, once the beatings started on the child, she finally wised up and divorced that loser....

    Another acquaintance, similar situation with a cop "boyfriend". Luckily she never got married or pregnant by this piece of garbage.

    To wrap it up, yes some cops will do good deeds now and then. But there's always going to be that power hungry real life chicken sh!t lurking down in there somewhere like the incredible hulk.....
     
    Allbutbroke
    Allbutbroke
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 4519
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 1:09 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    As most reasonable people do, I have mixed feelings about cops.  I've been arrested 9 times since I was 15 (not proud of it by any means), but have no convictions.  It got to the point where I knew the DA and judge on a first name basis.  It's absolutely amazing that I don't have a record.  Some cops are genuine @ssholes and others are terrific people.  All of my arrests were drinking related so I own up to my mistakes and no longer drink.

    First case:  I was sh!tfaced and I knew I was not ok to drive so I stopped at a diner to grab some food and a coffee.  I passed out at the table and was awoken by a Kearny city police.  Instead of locking me up for public intox, he called my sister and she picked me up and drove my drunk @ss home without an arrest.

    Second case:  15 years ago when I was a junior in high school, my buddies and I skipped school to drink beers on the beach.  We were hanging for about 3-4 hours when a town police approached us.  Of course he found our booze and cuffed us all.  None of my friends parents were home but my mom was so he contacted her, and she ended up driving 5 drunk 16 year old kids home from the beach with no arrests.

    Third case:  9 years ago at St. Marks Place in NYC, my buddy and I got busted for open containers.  As he was writing us our citations he allowed us to finish our brews.  Still cost both of $55 but I thought that was decent of him.  

    There you go Money.  All of my fault but the cops hooked it up.  If we were black, I'm sure things would have went down differently, but being a Guinea in NJ these days is not a bad thing.

    May very well be the classiest post I have read on Covers.  Despite altercations with the police, you were decent enough to share the positive experiences you did.  Tip of the hat to you.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    As most reasonable people do, I have mixed feelings about cops.  I've been arrested 9 times since I was 15 (not proud of it by any means), but have no convictions.  It got to the point where I knew the DA and judge on a first name basis.  It's absolutely amazing that I don't have a record.  Some cops are genuine @ssholes and others are terrific people.  All of my arrests were drinking related so I own up to my mistakes and no longer drink.

    First case:  I was sh!tfaced and I knew I was not ok to drive so I stopped at a diner to grab some food and a coffee.  I passed out at the table and was awoken by a Kearny city police.  Instead of locking me up for public intox, he called my sister and she picked me up and drove my drunk @ss home without an arrest.

    Second case:  15 years ago when I was a junior in high school, my buddies and I skipped school to drink beers on the beach.  We were hanging for about 3-4 hours when a town police approached us.  Of course he found our booze and cuffed us all.  None of my friends parents were home but my mom was so he contacted her, and she ended up driving 5 drunk 16 year old kids home from the beach with no arrests.

    Third case:  9 years ago at St. Marks Place in NYC, my buddy and I got busted for open containers.  As he was writing us our citations he allowed us to finish our brews.  Still cost both of $55 but I thought that was decent of him.  

    There you go Money.  All of my fault but the cops hooked it up.  If we were black, I'm sure things would have went down differently, but being a Guinea in NJ these days is not a bad thing.

    May very well be the classiest post I have read on Covers.  Despite altercations with the police, you were decent enough to share the positive experiences you did.  Tip of the hat to you.

     
    Allbutbroke
    Allbutbroke
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2004
    Posts: 4519
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 1:12 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:



    That.....
    Right there.....
    Sums up my whole point.

    Much like people that get into MMA, or NASCAR, or skydiving, anything with that hint of danger - you've got to have that in your DNA. Same thing with the personality of the police officer. In my entire life on this planet, whether they were friends, acquaintances, strangers, relatives, on duty or off duty, I've never EVER met an officer of the law that wasn't a total and complete f@cking a$$hole.

    I'm including examples like a buddy of mine's sister who was married to one, was beaten for years, they had a kid, once the beatings started on the child, she finally wised up and divorced that loser....

    Another acquaintance, similar situation with a cop "boyfriend". Luckily she never got married or pregnant by this piece of garbage.

    To wrap it up, yes some cops will do good deeds now and then. But there's always going to be that power hungry real life chicken sh!t lurking down in there somewhere like the incredible hulk.....

    I feel badly for your parents - you are obviously disappointing and a complete failure.  Your views are dismal and disturbing.  Perhaps mental health treatment may be of some value.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:



    That.....
    Right there.....
    Sums up my whole point.

    Much like people that get into MMA, or NASCAR, or skydiving, anything with that hint of danger - you've got to have that in your DNA. Same thing with the personality of the police officer. In my entire life on this planet, whether they were friends, acquaintances, strangers, relatives, on duty or off duty, I've never EVER met an officer of the law that wasn't a total and complete f@cking a$$hole.

    I'm including examples like a buddy of mine's sister who was married to one, was beaten for years, they had a kid, once the beatings started on the child, she finally wised up and divorced that loser....

    Another acquaintance, similar situation with a cop "boyfriend". Luckily she never got married or pregnant by this piece of garbage.

    To wrap it up, yes some cops will do good deeds now and then. But there's always going to be that power hungry real life chicken sh!t lurking down in there somewhere like the incredible hulk.....

    I feel badly for your parents - you are obviously disappointing and a complete failure.  Your views are dismal and disturbing.  Perhaps mental health treatment may be of some value.

     
    coldsnap55
    coldsnap55
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2004
    Posts: 9818
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 1:28 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by Allbutbroke:

    I feel badly for your parents - you are obviously disappointing and a complete failure.  Your views are dismal and disturbing.  Perhaps mental health treatment may be of some value.


    No ....I think he just grew up in a crappy neighborhood and never had the opportunity to leave it.

    The "Batmobile" is hard on gas. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Allbutbroke:

    I feel badly for your parents - you are obviously disappointing and a complete failure.  Your views are dismal and disturbing.  Perhaps mental health treatment may be of some value.


    No ....I think he just grew up in a crappy neighborhood and never had the opportunity to leave it.

    The "Batmobile" is hard on gas. 
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 17, 2016 - 10:52 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by coldsnap55:


    No ....I think he just grew up in a crappy neighborhood and never had the opportunity to leave it.

    The "Batmobile" is hard on gas. 

    Yeah........

    Nice try......

    Just one question, buddy.....

    Would there be protests, problems, everything that's going on right now if this wasn't an issue? Because as it is a common practice in America, people gather, protest, and get arrested fighting for their civil rights - for no reason whatsoever.......

    BTW - I grew up a white suburban, "privileged", college educated person who now has a good job, married, white picket fence, etc., etc..........

    Yet

    Me, that demographic, I've still had all negative and zero positive dealings with the police. Like I've said ad nauseam:

    Maybe somebody, somewhere has had a positive interaction with the police - to this day, I have not had one - doesn't mean there's "decent" cops out there (I'm sure those "Sasquatch Hunters" people have not seen The Abominable Snowman either, but they still believe), I'm just saying I haven't encountered it.....

     
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsnap55:


    No ....I think he just grew up in a crappy neighborhood and never had the opportunity to leave it.

    The "Batmobile" is hard on gas. 

    Yeah........

    Nice try......

    Just one question, buddy.....

    Would there be protests, problems, everything that's going on right now if this wasn't an issue? Because as it is a common practice in America, people gather, protest, and get arrested fighting for their civil rights - for no reason whatsoever.......

    BTW - I grew up a white suburban, "privileged", college educated person who now has a good job, married, white picket fence, etc., etc..........

    Yet

    Me, that demographic, I've still had all negative and zero positive dealings with the police. Like I've said ad nauseam:

    Maybe somebody, somewhere has had a positive interaction with the police - to this day, I have not had one - doesn't mean there's "decent" cops out there (I'm sure those "Sasquatch Hunters" people have not seen The Abominable Snowman either, but they still believe), I'm just saying I haven't encountered it.....

     
     
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Jul. 18, 2016 - 4:23 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by Allbutbroke:

    I feel badly for your parents - you are obviously disappointing and a complete failure.  Your views are dismal and disturbing.  Perhaps mental health treatment may be of some value.

      Dr. Freud, thank you for such an in-depth analysist, when you talk to Dr; Phil, give him my best regards...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Allbutbroke:

    I feel badly for your parents - you are obviously disappointing and a complete failure.  Your views are dismal and disturbing.  Perhaps mental health treatment may be of some value.

      Dr. Freud, thank you for such an in-depth analysist, when you talk to Dr; Phil, give him my best regards...
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,352
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 433
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,875
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 835
    • PART DEUX 145
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,231
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,205
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,218

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.