• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    PNC BANK and the $36.00 Daily Overdraft Fee

    TheDrizzle77
    HutchEmAll
    scalabrine
    TheGoldenGoose
    LeafsNeedD
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 23826
    Posts: 12
     
    TheDrizzle77
    TheDrizzle77
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 2685
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 3:00 AM ET #1

    So if you have ever read my bathroom material before, you know I work very far away from my home in Pittsburgh (in this case was in Odessa for last two weeks.) 

    I have two bank accounts (PNC/Chase).  The ONLY reason I use PNC Bank anymore is because I handle my direct pays for car, insurance, and several other bills through there, and I really don't...well didn't feel like changing all of those bills over to my checking acct through Chase.

    I had my bills go through last week, noticing that my math was a bit off this time around, and I was -$1.97 overdraft in the account.  I phoned PNC on June 29 stating that I am nowhere near a PNC Bank right now and do not have the ability to transfer money into the account until I get home.  The lady, who could barely understand my language, told me I should be fine as I didn't exceed overdraft of 5 dollars.

    I got home today, checked my online statement for the first time since the 30th......NEGATIVE 289.97 PRESENT DAY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Last eight transactions???  OVERDRAFT FEE: 36.00

    This isn't the first time PNC Bank has done this.  Several months ago the account went overdraft 85 cents on a Sunday night.  Arrived at the bank Monday morning to immediately deposit (was 500 dollar deposit,) checked my account next morning....POPPED WITH A 36 DOLLAR FEE (which was reimbursed). 

     I had a foreign check from a drilling company (England) cashed through them and they popped me with 250 dollars of processing fees.  Wouldn't refund me any of it because they reimbursed me a 36 dollar overdraft fee and you only get one of those a year.  Also told me it would take 3-5 business days to clear.  It took up until three weeks ago to clear (close to 2 full months).

    I can't wait to report back after I go through hours on the phone with them tomorrow, for what will be my last business transaction with this bank. 

    Is any of this legal?  This disgusting way of theft?  I'd be thrown in jail if I tried this as a small business owner.

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    So if you have ever read my bathroom material before, you know I work very far away from my home in Pittsburgh (in this case was in Odessa for last two weeks.) 

    I have two bank accounts (PNC/Chase).  The ONLY reason I use PNC Bank anymore is because I handle my direct pays for car, insurance, and several other bills through there, and I really don't...well didn't feel like changing all of those bills over to my checking acct through Chase.

    I had my bills go through last week, noticing that my math was a bit off this time around, and I was -$1.97 overdraft in the account.  I phoned PNC on June 29 stating that I am nowhere near a PNC Bank right now and do not have the ability to transfer money into the account until I get home.  The lady, who could barely understand my language, told me I should be fine as I didn't exceed overdraft of 5 dollars.

    I got home today, checked my online statement for the first time since the 30th......NEGATIVE 289.97 PRESENT DAY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Last eight transactions???  OVERDRAFT FEE: 36.00

    This isn't the first time PNC Bank has done this.  Several months ago the account went overdraft 85 cents on a Sunday night.  Arrived at the bank Monday morning to immediately deposit (was 500 dollar deposit,) checked my account next morning....POPPED WITH A 36 DOLLAR FEE (which was reimbursed). 

     I had a foreign check from a drilling company (England) cashed through them and they popped me with 250 dollars of processing fees.  Wouldn't refund me any of it because they reimbursed me a 36 dollar overdraft fee and you only get one of those a year.  Also told me it would take 3-5 business days to clear.  It took up until three weeks ago to clear (close to 2 full months).

    I can't wait to report back after I go through hours on the phone with them tomorrow, for what will be my last business transaction with this bank. 

    Is any of this legal?  This disgusting way of theft?  I'd be thrown in jail if I tried this as a small business owner.

     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 5:00 AM ET #2

    You are right about one thing:  Bank fees are quite crazy these days.  

    The good thing is, they are avoidable.  I used to be like you where I blamed the bank for my own inability to manage my finances properly.  Yes, this "3-5 business days" to clear stuff can be a bit pesky.  However, there are things YOU can do to help yourself:

    1. Overdraft protection:  Many banks offer this and charge you a one time fee that is MUCH less than $36.00  a pop.  As a last resort, this is a much cheaper alternative.

    2. Instead of waiting for checks to clear, transfer the $ from your savings (which credits your checking account immediately) and then deposit the checks into your savings account where it doesn't matter if it takes a few days to credit.

    3. Search for another bank that charges you less when you do irresponsible things.

    As for the thing that took almost 2 months to clear, I would certainly inquire as to why that was the case.  
    Reply
    You are right about one thing:  Bank fees are quite crazy these days.  

    The good thing is, they are avoidable.  I used to be like you where I blamed the bank for my own inability to manage my finances properly.  Yes, this "3-5 business days" to clear stuff can be a bit pesky.  However, there are things YOU can do to help yourself:

    1. Overdraft protection:  Many banks offer this and charge you a one time fee that is MUCH less than $36.00  a pop.  As a last resort, this is a much cheaper alternative.

    2. Instead of waiting for checks to clear, transfer the $ from your savings (which credits your checking account immediately) and then deposit the checks into your savings account where it doesn't matter if it takes a few days to credit.

    3. Search for another bank that charges you less when you do irresponsible things.

    As for the thing that took almost 2 months to clear, I would certainly inquire as to why that was the case.  
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 5:12 AM ET #3

    Story is disgusting. I don't care who it is. Banks nailing the average joe like this is legalized robbery.

    Wells Fargo has overdraft protection where your overdraft charges will immediately go on a platinum visa account (which you need not use and there are no annual fees but need to ask for when you sign up). Then you just pay the platinum account before the end of the month. I would get away from PNC ASAP.
    Reply
    Story is disgusting. I don't care who it is. Banks nailing the average joe like this is legalized robbery.

    Wells Fargo has overdraft protection where your overdraft charges will immediately go on a platinum visa account (which you need not use and there are no annual fees but need to ask for when you sign up). Then you just pay the platinum account before the end of the month. I would get away from PNC ASAP.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 6:14 AM ET #4


    Corporate Fukks.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Corporate Fukks.
     
    TheDrizzle77
    TheDrizzle77
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 2685
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 1:19 PM ET #5

    Hutch, I do have overdraft protection.  I've always had overdraft protection.

    The only difference OD protection makes is that after the 8th 36.00 fee is charged, they will no longer charge you seven dollars per day.  And that is verbatim from a PNC escalation executive.

    I'll take into account that it was irresponsible for me to leave my account underfunded by $1.97, and the fact that I was over 900 miles from the nearest branch.  But I am a person who HARDLY ever does this, and they know that.  There is absolutely no reason to peg me with all of these fees after I had already contacted your branch and was assured there would be no issue.  My account is closed so I will never face the situation again, but if this is the acceptable lesson human beings are to be taught after making a rare financial mistake, then why aren't these banks accountable for the countless mistakes they make?

    ONE mistake being a two month pending clear on a foreign check escalating with 250 dollars of processing fees. 

    I couldn't begin to get into that story because my fingers would fall off from exhaustion.  Long story short some momo at a local branch told me that it would take 3-5 business days TOPS to clear that check.  Sounds good too me.  I must have called the next four Monday's after that 5th business day to see wtf was going on.  NOBODY at the PNC branch ever even heard of my check and thought I was lying.  It took 1.5 months for somebody to finally acknowledge that I did have a check after the escalation dept contacted the local branch when the teller who took my check was finally back at work. 

     "It was in the mail and we had no way of tracking it."

    ^That was the top excuse I received.

    Reply

    Hutch, I do have overdraft protection.  I've always had overdraft protection.

    The only difference OD protection makes is that after the 8th 36.00 fee is charged, they will no longer charge you seven dollars per day.  And that is verbatim from a PNC escalation executive.

    I'll take into account that it was irresponsible for me to leave my account underfunded by $1.97, and the fact that I was over 900 miles from the nearest branch.  But I am a person who HARDLY ever does this, and they know that.  There is absolutely no reason to peg me with all of these fees after I had already contacted your branch and was assured there would be no issue.  My account is closed so I will never face the situation again, but if this is the acceptable lesson human beings are to be taught after making a rare financial mistake, then why aren't these banks accountable for the countless mistakes they make?

    ONE mistake being a two month pending clear on a foreign check escalating with 250 dollars of processing fees. 

    I couldn't begin to get into that story because my fingers would fall off from exhaustion.  Long story short some momo at a local branch told me that it would take 3-5 business days TOPS to clear that check.  Sounds good too me.  I must have called the next four Monday's after that 5th business day to see wtf was going on.  NOBODY at the PNC branch ever even heard of my check and thought I was lying.  It took 1.5 months for somebody to finally acknowledge that I did have a check after the escalation dept contacted the local branch when the teller who took my check was finally back at work. 

     "It was in the mail and we had no way of tracking it."

    ^That was the top excuse I received.

     
    TheDrizzle77
    TheDrizzle77
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 2685
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 1:29 PM ET #6

    I just got off the phone with the escalation team and I'll ad lib what was told too me.

    The escalation BRANCH manager of PA told me the reason I was overdraft $1.97 was because my insurance company now charges a fee for autopays that were set up through debit.  So while I had an extra $10 in the account, the fee was...you guessed it $11.97 total (another disgusting detail from my insurance co).  She then pressed on and said we already gave you a one-time courtesy and we will NOT be able to refund any of these fees at any time.  I asked of the person that told me everything was fine because the OD was under 1.97.

    She said that person didn't know what they were talking about, and that even if the account was overdraft 50 cents the same rules apply.  Then she tried to "comfort" me by telling me how she thinks it is unfair, and that she had to wipe out her 401K plan one time because she lost her job.  I asked HOW does this apply too a 1.97 OD fee that can be easily fixed seeing that I was nowhere near town up until yesterday?  She went on about how I have to understand bank policy, and then patronized me some more with pleasantries about having a nice day and being a proud bank member of PNC Bank despite the fact that my account is closed right now.

    I concluded with what will happen if I just let this go?  She said that in 90 days or less collections will be notified after the account hits a maximum of 190 dollars.  I stopped her and explained how I was hit with 289 dollars in fees ALREADY.

    I then threw my phone when I was told THIS...........

    You...were...charged....for...each....transaction...that...posted.  That...1.97....was.....broken......down.....into......eight.....separate....
    transactions.

    What the f**k is this?  How could anybody justify this?

    Reply

    I just got off the phone with the escalation team and I'll ad lib what was told too me.

    The escalation BRANCH manager of PA told me the reason I was overdraft $1.97 was because my insurance company now charges a fee for autopays that were set up through debit.  So while I had an extra $10 in the account, the fee was...you guessed it $11.97 total (another disgusting detail from my insurance co).  She then pressed on and said we already gave you a one-time courtesy and we will NOT be able to refund any of these fees at any time.  I asked of the person that told me everything was fine because the OD was under 1.97.

    She said that person didn't know what they were talking about, and that even if the account was overdraft 50 cents the same rules apply.  Then she tried to "comfort" me by telling me how she thinks it is unfair, and that she had to wipe out her 401K plan one time because she lost her job.  I asked HOW does this apply too a 1.97 OD fee that can be easily fixed seeing that I was nowhere near town up until yesterday?  She went on about how I have to understand bank policy, and then patronized me some more with pleasantries about having a nice day and being a proud bank member of PNC Bank despite the fact that my account is closed right now.

    I concluded with what will happen if I just let this go?  She said that in 90 days or less collections will be notified after the account hits a maximum of 190 dollars.  I stopped her and explained how I was hit with 289 dollars in fees ALREADY.

    I then threw my phone when I was told THIS...........

    You...were...charged....for...each....transaction...that...posted.  That...1.97....was.....broken......down.....into......eight.....separate....
    transactions.

    What the f**k is this?  How could anybody justify this?

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 2:22 PM ET #7


    Write a detailed letter to your States Attorneys Office and CC the Bank.  Threaten to drag your attorney into this and commence an investigation to create a Class Action Suit as there could be thousands of other customers being taken advantage of an involved in this banking deceit.  This is the only thing that scares these Corporate Fukks. 

    When a Politician and a Lawyer have a chance to make good TV News with this type of ridiculous thievery that is usually enough for some Corporate Idiot to finally realize the mistake and refund your monies in good faith.

    GL.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Write a detailed letter to your States Attorneys Office and CC the Bank.  Threaten to drag your attorney into this and commence an investigation to create a Class Action Suit as there could be thousands of other customers being taken advantage of an involved in this banking deceit.  This is the only thing that scares these Corporate Fukks. 

    When a Politician and a Lawyer have a chance to make good TV News with this type of ridiculous thievery that is usually enough for some Corporate Idiot to finally realize the mistake and refund your monies in good faith.

    GL.
     
    TheDrizzle77
    TheDrizzle77
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 2685
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 3:33 PM ET #8

    UPDATE:

    Went back to my home branch, requested to speak with the manager, got the assistant manager and wahlah, every cent was refunded in full after explaining the situation.

    She said the escalation manager I spoke with on the phone had more than enough authority to drop those charges, and she went even as far as to request the woman's name to have my ridiculous encounter looked into further.

    I got nothing but apologies out the door. 

    Unbelievable that the assistant manager at a small Western PA bank can rectify this in a matter of five minutes, but the escalation branch manager of the state of Pennsylvania cannot or will not refund a cent within almost an hour of phone time.

    PNC Bank users beware!!

    I guess moral is don't let them get away with this.  Fight them!!!!

    Reply

    UPDATE:

    Went back to my home branch, requested to speak with the manager, got the assistant manager and wahlah, every cent was refunded in full after explaining the situation.

    She said the escalation manager I spoke with on the phone had more than enough authority to drop those charges, and she went even as far as to request the woman's name to have my ridiculous encounter looked into further.

    I got nothing but apologies out the door. 

    Unbelievable that the assistant manager at a small Western PA bank can rectify this in a matter of five minutes, but the escalation branch manager of the state of Pennsylvania cannot or will not refund a cent within almost an hour of phone time.

    PNC Bank users beware!!

    I guess moral is don't let them get away with this.  Fight them!!!!

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 3:55 PM ET #9


    Nice.

    The higher up the Corporate Ladder, the bigger azzholes.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Nice.

    The higher up the Corporate Ladder, the bigger azzholes.
     
    LeafsNeedD
    LeafsNeedD
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 5801
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 9:06 PM ET #10

    I once closed an account over a $25 fee.  When I graduated university my parents essentially paid off the balance of my student loans and gave me essentially an interest free loan.  I setup an automatic monthly payment to my dads account.  After about a year or so I had enough money saved up so I just paid him a lump some for the balance, went into the bank and asked them to stop the automatic payment.  They told me that it would be $25 to do that and they would not waive the fee under any circumstances.  I said fine, I'll withdraw every last cent and close the account.  

    In Canada we have these banks that are referred to as virtual banks where fees are much more reasonable and even non-existent depending on your banking requirements.  I've been using one of these for the past 5 or so years.  

    Can you not do email money transfers between accounts in the US?  
    Reply
    I once closed an account over a $25 fee.  When I graduated university my parents essentially paid off the balance of my student loans and gave me essentially an interest free loan.  I setup an automatic monthly payment to my dads account.  After about a year or so I had enough money saved up so I just paid him a lump some for the balance, went into the bank and asked them to stop the automatic payment.  They told me that it would be $25 to do that and they would not waive the fee under any circumstances.  I said fine, I'll withdraw every last cent and close the account.  

    In Canada we have these banks that are referred to as virtual banks where fees are much more reasonable and even non-existent depending on your banking requirements.  I've been using one of these for the past 5 or so years.  

    Can you not do email money transfers between accounts in the US?  
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6291
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 9:26 PM ET #11

    Along the same lines...

    I lease digital presses (copy machines is a more accurate term but they're so sophisticated and high quality, it's an insult to call them that).

    Anyway, I lease a Konica-Minolta machine from a company that leases them. My first bill comes with a $75 registration fee (I call it a Getting to fk ya fee) from EverBank. I compare it to when I get a new customer I would attempt to pad their first invoice with a $75 fee for adding them to my Quickbooks. Fkn joke.

    Part 2. I lease a 2nd machine 6 months later. I figure it'll be with Everbank and since we're already friends I won't have that again. Wrong. This lease is financed through US Bank - and you guessed it - another $75 Getting to fk ya fee.

    Same sh*t different shovel is what this is with corporate banks...
    Reply
    Along the same lines...

    I lease digital presses (copy machines is a more accurate term but they're so sophisticated and high quality, it's an insult to call them that).

    Anyway, I lease a Konica-Minolta machine from a company that leases them. My first bill comes with a $75 registration fee (I call it a Getting to fk ya fee) from EverBank. I compare it to when I get a new customer I would attempt to pad their first invoice with a $75 fee for adding them to my Quickbooks. Fkn joke.

    Part 2. I lease a 2nd machine 6 months later. I figure it'll be with Everbank and since we're already friends I won't have that again. Wrong. This lease is financed through US Bank - and you guessed it - another $75 Getting to fk ya fee.

    Same sh*t different shovel is what this is with corporate banks...
     
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2015 - 9:56 PM ET #12

     I don't understand why ANYONE does biz with a bank anymore. I've been with the same CU for over 25 years & don't have any of these fees............I pay 95% of my bills online & it costs nothing (I'd get a new insurance company if they were charging me for paperless transactions). Free, unlimited ATM withdrawals through a network of associated CU ATM's. I haven't had any overdraft snafus in years, but if I did the CU would just pull the needed funds from my savings to cover it......no charge. I don't get charged for writing checks or anything like that. I have my mortgage through them & had my car loan through them. They give me the option of skipping a payment once a year if I wish ($30) which I fortunately haven't needed to do.
     I'd recommend everyone that currently deals with a bank check out a CU. It just makes sense.
    Reply
     I don't understand why ANYONE does biz with a bank anymore. I've been with the same CU for over 25 years & don't have any of these fees............I pay 95% of my bills online & it costs nothing (I'd get a new insurance company if they were charging me for paperless transactions). Free, unlimited ATM withdrawals through a network of associated CU ATM's. I haven't had any overdraft snafus in years, but if I did the CU would just pull the needed funds from my savings to cover it......no charge. I don't get charged for writing checks or anything like that. I have my mortgage through them & had my car loan through them. They give me the option of skipping a payment once a year if I wish ($30) which I fortunately haven't needed to do.
     I'd recommend everyone that currently deals with a bank check out a CU. It just makes sense.
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,357
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,908
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 437
    • PART DEUX 166
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 851
    • Week 6 Money 8,698
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,327
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,266

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.