• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Old Age, I've decided is a Gift

    «First Previous 12
    vetdrm
    Bluefin
    ApacheM
    azrhodes
    billyloco
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 7344
    Posts: 49
    «First Previous 12
     
    vetdrm
    vetdrm
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 14987
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2013 - 8:30 PM ET #26

    Wish I would have read this before I gave my own Xmas toast .
    Almost brought a tear to my eye

    Thanks
    Reply
    Wish I would have read this before I gave my own Xmas toast .
    Almost brought a tear to my eye

    Thanks
     
    Bluefin
    Bluefin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 8485
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2013 - 11:35 AM ET #27

    Happy Holidays Apache

    from another in the silver hair class

    Reply
    Happy Holidays Apache

    from another in the silver hair class

     
    ApacheM
    ApacheM
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 14473
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2013 - 12:50 PM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin:

    Happy Holidays Apache

    from another in the silver hair class

    As I've said before "Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies" and being over the hill beats being under it. Happy New Year!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefin:

    Happy Holidays Apache

    from another in the silver hair class

    As I've said before "Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies" and being over the hill beats being under it. Happy New Year!!!
     
    azrhodes
    azrhodes
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 428
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2013 - 2:07 PM ET #29

    Reply
     
    billyloco
    billyloco
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 22557
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2013 - 10:05 PM ET #30

    Quote Originally Posted by J.J. Dean:

    Man, that post sucked....im a mess today

    J.J. sorry for your los... I have had 2 of my sweet kittys succumb to old age (19 yrs & 17 yrs) in a yrs time...took me awhile to get over them. I have 5 outdoor cats and just had 2 kittens born a few months ago....so i'm blessed.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by J.J. Dean:

    Man, that post sucked....im a mess today

    J.J. sorry for your los... I have had 2 of my sweet kittys succumb to old age (19 yrs & 17 yrs) in a yrs time...took me awhile to get over them. I have 5 outdoor cats and just had 2 kittens born a few months ago....so i'm blessed.
     
    ApacheM
    ApacheM
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 14473
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2013 - 8:56 AM ET #31

     Cats make EZ pets, independent and odd personalities. They come and go as they please and like most women, they want to be petted when they want, not when you want. I have one (Sweetie) and she's great  with my 5 dogs.
    Reply
     Cats make EZ pets, independent and odd personalities. They come and go as they please and like most women, they want to be petted when they want, not when you want. I have one (Sweetie) and she's great  with my 5 dogs.
     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2013 - 7:12 AM ET #32

    :handshake:
    Reply
    :handshake:
     
    ApacheM
    ApacheM
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 14473
    Posted: Jan. 2, 2014 - 10:37 AM ET #33

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    :handshake:
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:

    :handshake:
     
    ApacheM
    ApacheM
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 14473
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2014 - 9:51 AM ET #34

    ATTITUDE is everything I've decided, Chin Up and let the chips fall. Every hand can't be a pat hand. Call or Raise and draw.

    Life is a Game and it comes without instructions. One to a Customer.

    Reply

    ATTITUDE is everything I've decided, Chin Up and let the chips fall. Every hand can't be a pat hand. Call or Raise and draw.

    Life is a Game and it comes without instructions. One to a Customer.

     
    cmo1037
    cmo1037
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2008
    Posts: 4080
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2014 - 8:16 PM ET #35

    Reply
     
    ApacheM
    ApacheM
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 14473
    Posted: Feb. 4, 2014 - 10:50 AM ET #36

    This came to mind again this morning.
    Reply
    This came to mind again this morning.
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Feb. 5, 2014 - 10:47 AM ET #37

    bigreds daddy
    Reply
     
    ApacheM
    ApacheM
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 14473
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2014 - 11:43 AM ET #38

     My son asked me the other day, what would I do different if I could do it over?

    The more I thought about it the more I realized how lucky I've been. I met my wonderful wife by accident and realized the keeper of the stars had a hand in it. I've had my ups and downs but, in general Life has been great. I wouldn't change a thing. Imight have done a few things differently but that's life, we learn by our mistakes.

    BTW, If any of you youngsters have any questions about anything you face in life I'll be glad to give my viewpoint on it, Good or Bad.

    Reply

     My son asked me the other day, what would I do different if I could do it over?

    The more I thought about it the more I realized how lucky I've been. I met my wonderful wife by accident and realized the keeper of the stars had a hand in it. I've had my ups and downs but, in general Life has been great. I wouldn't change a thing. Imight have done a few things differently but that's life, we learn by our mistakes.

    BTW, If any of you youngsters have any questions about anything you face in life I'll be glad to give my viewpoint on it, Good or Bad.

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: May. 10, 2014 - 11:12 AM ET #39



    Miss you every day Kemosabe. 


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply


    Miss you every day Kemosabe. 


     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: May. 10, 2014 - 1:03 PM ET #40

    No mystery to me why there were 230+ posts on the final thread.......

    Reply
    No mystery to me why there were 230+ posts on the final thread.......

     
    SashimiKid
    SashimiKid
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 2090
    Posted: May. 10, 2014 - 7:31 PM ET #41

    Not a cynical bone in his body---youre missed very much
    Reply
    Not a cynical bone in his body---youre missed very much
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: May. 10, 2014 - 8:38 PM ET #42

    Quote Originally Posted by ApacheM:

    ATTITUDE is everything I've decided, Chin Up and let the chips fall. Every hand can't be a pat hand. Call or Raise and draw.

    Life is a Game and it comes without instructions. One to a Customer.




    This may be one of Apache's best ever wisdom diamonds in the rough.

    ATTITUDE DOES INDEED DETERMINE ALTITUDE.

    If you want to fly high, you'd better aim extra high.



    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacheM:

    ATTITUDE is everything I've decided, Chin Up and let the chips fall. Every hand can't be a pat hand. Call or Raise and draw.

    Life is a Game and it comes without instructions. One to a Customer.




    This may be one of Apache's best ever wisdom diamonds in the rough.

    ATTITUDE DOES INDEED DETERMINE ALTITUDE.

    If you want to fly high, you'd better aim extra high.



     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Apr. 17, 2017 - 7:09 PM ET #43

    Quote Originally Posted by ApacheM:

    I am now, probably for the first time in my life,, the person I have always wanted to be. Oh, not my body, I sometimes dispair over the wrinkles, the baggy eyes, and saggy skin. And often I am taken aback by that old person who lives in my mirror.

    I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair. As I've aged, I've become less crital of myself. I've become my own friend.

    I've seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

    I know that I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten, and I eventually remember the important things.

    Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can a heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

    I am blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs  forever etched into the deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed,  and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

     As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've earned the right to be wrong.

    So, to sum it up, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I've become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat desert every single day.

    May our friendship never come apart especially when it's straight from the heart! May you always have a rainbow of smiles on your face and in your heart forever and ever.


    A legend while he was with us, and still a legend a few years after his passing.

    Does anyone recall the date which Apache passed?
    I believe we are near the anniversary.

    RIP my brother 
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacheM:

    I am now, probably for the first time in my life,, the person I have always wanted to be. Oh, not my body, I sometimes dispair over the wrinkles, the baggy eyes, and saggy skin. And often I am taken aback by that old person who lives in my mirror.

    I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair. As I've aged, I've become less crital of myself. I've become my own friend.

    I've seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

    I know that I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten, and I eventually remember the important things.

    Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can a heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

    I am blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs  forever etched into the deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed,  and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

     As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've earned the right to be wrong.

    So, to sum it up, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I've become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat desert every single day.

    May our friendship never come apart especially when it's straight from the heart! May you always have a rainbow of smiles on your face and in your heart forever and ever.


    A legend while he was with us, and still a legend a few years after his passing.

    Does anyone recall the date which Apache passed?
    I believe we are near the anniversary.

    RIP my brother 
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Apr. 17, 2017 - 7:27 PM ET #44

    4/3/14 
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    4/3/14 
     
    BarneysDad
    BarneysDad
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2004
    Posts: 23615
    Posted: Apr. 17, 2017 - 7:34 PM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    4/3/14 
        What happened to his son he posted here a few times after he passed
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    4/3/14 
        What happened to his son he posted here a few times after he passed
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Apr. 17, 2017 - 11:15 PM ET #46

    what a beautiful post and worthy of a reading many x over. I was lucky that man took the time to get to know me during his life on a personal level.


    Reply
    what a beautiful post and worthy of a reading many x over. I was lucky that man took the time to get to know me during his life on a personal level.


     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Apr. 18, 2017 - 10:05 AM ET #47

    Quote Originally Posted by ApacheM:

    I am now, probably for the first time in my life,, the person I have always wanted to be. Oh, not my body, I sometimes dispair over the wrinkles, the baggy eyes, and saggy skin. And often I am taken aback by that old person who lives in my mirror.

    I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair. As I've aged, I've become less crital of myself. I've become my own friend.

    I've seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

    I know that I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten, and I eventually remember the important things.

    Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can a heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

    I am blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs  forever etched into the deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed,  and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

     As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've earned the right to be wrong.

    So, to sum it up, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I've become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat desert every single day.

    May our friendship never come apart especially when it's straight from the heart! May you always have a rainbow of smiles on your face and in your heart forever and ever.




    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacheM:

    I am now, probably for the first time in my life,, the person I have always wanted to be. Oh, not my body, I sometimes dispair over the wrinkles, the baggy eyes, and saggy skin. And often I am taken aback by that old person who lives in my mirror.

    I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair. As I've aged, I've become less crital of myself. I've become my own friend.

    I've seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

    I know that I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten, and I eventually remember the important things.

    Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can a heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

    I am blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs  forever etched into the deep grooves on my face. So many have never laughed,  and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

     As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore. I've earned the right to be wrong.

    So, to sum it up, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I've become. I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat desert every single day.

    May our friendship never come apart especially when it's straight from the heart! May you always have a rainbow of smiles on your face and in your heart forever and ever.




     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Apr. 18, 2017 - 11:34 AM ET #48

      
    Reply
      
     
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Apr. 19, 2017 - 7:22 PM ET #49

    Apache has only been gone for 3 years, and at the time of his passing was one of the favorite posters for every other poster on this site.

    I bumped 3 of his threads, and there was very little response.
    That is most definitely not a reflection on Apache, but I believe it is a reflection of 2 things;
    1) the changes this site has implemented, which was meant to drive traffic, has had the opposite effect.
    2) too many people are too wrapped up in their own world to care about others.
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Apache has only been gone for 3 years, and at the time of his passing was one of the favorite posters for every other poster on this site.

    I bumped 3 of his threads, and there was very little response.
    That is most definitely not a reflection on Apache, but I believe it is a reflection of 2 things;
    1) the changes this site has implemented, which was meant to drive traffic, has had the opposite effect.
    2) too many people are too wrapped up in their own world to care about others.
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,040
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,625
    • MLB Playoffs 17,029
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 346
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,926
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,519
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 447
    • PART DEUX 140
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,169
    • NFL WEEK 5 ........................2026 1,587

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.