• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    New Year 2019 Resolutions - Official Thread

    12 Next Last»
    TheGoldenGoose
    StumpTownStu
    HockeyTeeth
    Getty3
    The Hawk
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 934
    Posts: 29
    12 Next Last»
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2018 - 11:41 PM ET #1


    OK, spill your guts and TRY to be honest.

    Confess... What's fukked up in your life?

    How are you going to try to fix it in 2019???




    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    OK, spill your guts and TRY to be honest.

    Confess... What's fukked up in your life?

    How are you going to try to fix it in 2019???




     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2018 - 11:48 PM ET #2


    I like these Resolutions Threads because it offers an insight into each others degenerate lifestyle.  A "Covers Soap Opera", if you will.  With practically ZERO personal info thievery from places like Facebook or Twitter.

    So, c'mon and spit it all out.

    Therapist Goose is listening... 
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    I like these Resolutions Threads because it offers an insight into each others degenerate lifestyle.  A "Covers Soap Opera", if you will.  With practically ZERO personal info thievery from places like Facebook or Twitter.

    So, c'mon and spit it all out.

    Therapist Goose is listening... 
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2018 - 1:38 AM ET #3

    Less blow. No blow. I don't even really snort that much but any is too much. Moved the family to the Pacific Northwest about a year and a half ago but i'm still always in the Bay Area. Up here, no blow, hardly ever drink. Down there....

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Less blow. No blow. I don't even really snort that much but any is too much. Moved the family to the Pacific Northwest about a year and a half ago but i'm still always in the Bay Area. Up here, no blow, hardly ever drink. Down there....

     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2018 - 10:42 AM ET #4

     Smokes, get off the smokes, would leave me with so much more cash for beer. 

    ...and work out sometime before lobster fishing.

    Reply

     Smokes, get off the smokes, would leave me with so much more cash for beer. 

    ...and work out sometime before lobster fishing.

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2018 - 12:36 AM ET #5


    November and December has been a disaster.

    I'm getting back into my exercise routine. 

    Specifically working on my legs, abs, & arms.  In that order.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    November and December has been a disaster.

    I'm getting back into my exercise routine. 

    Specifically working on my legs, abs, & arms.  In that order.


     
    Getty3
    Getty3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 25178
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2018 - 8:43 AM ET #6

    More drinks

    Reply

    More drinks

     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2018 - 1:55 PM ET #7

    Who hurt you?

     

    Reply

    Who hurt you?

     

     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2018 - 2:24 PM ET #8

    House (apt) cleanup. I just don't pick up after myself. Kitchen is clean, but hanging up clothes, folding, eh, not so much....

    Reply

    House (apt) cleanup. I just don't pick up after myself. Kitchen is clean, but hanging up clothes, folding, eh, not so much....

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2018 - 9:18 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    House (apt) cleanup. I just don't pick up after myself. Kitchen is clean, but hanging up clothes, folding, eh, not so much....



    Well, whatever you do at your age Hawk, DO NOT get a woman involved in your life.  Unless she's wearing a French Maid suit and on your payroll !!!
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    House (apt) cleanup. I just don't pick up after myself. Kitchen is clean, but hanging up clothes, folding, eh, not so much....



    Well, whatever you do at your age Hawk, DO NOT get a woman involved in your life.  Unless she's wearing a French Maid suit and on your payroll !!!
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2018 - 12:08 AM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by TexanGambler:

    Ban commercials, paper ads littering, cigarettes, drugs and many cable news channels

    ...people who drive without insurance.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TexanGambler:

    Ban commercials, paper ads littering, cigarettes, drugs and many cable news channels

    ...people who drive without insurance.

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2018 - 8:52 AM ET #11

    I like to win a large tournament in 2019. ... and find some tasty weed to smoke. 

    Reply

    I like to win a large tournament in 2019. ... and find some tasty weed to smoke. 

     
    Goggles-Pisano
    Goggles-Pisano
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 2693
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2018 - 2:40 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    Well, whatever you do at your age Hawk, DO NOT get a woman involved in your life.  Unless she's wearing a French Maid suit and on your payroll !!!

    Goose they ain't all bad. 14 years going the living alone route after divorce and now I'm living with a woman with the stipulation I will not marry. Marrage is just way to complicated with what I want to leave my kids and that other problem if you ever want out.

    And I don't want to hear that "go play the field crap". If I learned 1 thing at my age it is:
    "Sometimes 1 is 1 too many" - Goggles Pisano

    BTW been my own house cleaner for longer than I can remember.  Sadly that hasn't changed.That's not why we're together. 

    Let's see, resolution........ nah just keep on this path to wherever it leads me 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    Well, whatever you do at your age Hawk, DO NOT get a woman involved in your life.  Unless she's wearing a French Maid suit and on your payroll !!!

    Goose they ain't all bad. 14 years going the living alone route after divorce and now I'm living with a woman with the stipulation I will not marry. Marrage is just way to complicated with what I want to leave my kids and that other problem if you ever want out.

    And I don't want to hear that "go play the field crap". If I learned 1 thing at my age it is:
    "Sometimes 1 is 1 too many" - Goggles Pisano

    BTW been my own house cleaner for longer than I can remember.  Sadly that hasn't changed.That's not why we're together. 

    Let's see, resolution........ nah just keep on this path to wherever it leads me 
     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2018 - 3:09 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    November and December has been a disaster. I'm getting back into my exercise routine.  Specifically working on my legs, abs, & arms.  In that order.

    Yeh, plan is do one last get in shape routine. Usually keeps me in pretty good condition for 2yrs or so. I just do old school Jack Lalanne, stuff from the 60s & 70s sit ups, push ups, sometimes squats. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    November and December has been a disaster. I'm getting back into my exercise routine.  Specifically working on my legs, abs, & arms.  In that order.

    Yeh, plan is do one last get in shape routine. Usually keeps me in pretty good condition for 2yrs or so. I just do old school Jack Lalanne, stuff from the 60s & 70s sit ups, push ups, sometimes squats. 

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2018 - 9:53 AM ET #14

    Quit smoking............just sick of it. That will be like giving myself a $300/month raise. Then go get fitted for a good set of clubs.
    Reply
    Quit smoking............just sick of it. That will be like giving myself a $300/month raise. Then go get fitted for a good set of clubs.
     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2018 - 3:33 PM ET #15

    My resolution for the New Year :

    Stop criticizing Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton,Barack Obama,David Hogg and the whole far left Democrat party..just because they say and do stupid stuff...
    Reply
    My resolution for the New Year :

    Stop criticizing Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton,Barack Obama,David Hogg and the whole far left Democrat party..just because they say and do stupid stuff...
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2018 - 4:10 PM ET #16

    My resolution is the same as last year.

    I resolve not to make any resolutions.

    Reply

    My resolution is the same as last year.

    I resolve not to make any resolutions.

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2018 - 8:31 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

    My resolution for the New Year :Stop criticizing Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton,Barack Obama,David Hogg and the whole far left Democrat party..just because they say and do stupid stuff...
    but slim that hate keeps you whole without that why would you continue.  To support Trump and his policy.  Please.... spare me.... only your disdain of those other humans will keep your rants in existence down in politics now that zelo went elsewhere you and you alone defend the Republican ever changing position here most GOP members here realize Trump is worse than Carter...but you regurgitate trumps tweet like it was manna from Heavenly father himself come on slim...pelosi bad Trump good go get em tigresss 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaSlim:

    My resolution for the New Year :Stop criticizing Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton,Barack Obama,David Hogg and the whole far left Democrat party..just because they say and do stupid stuff...
    but slim that hate keeps you whole without that why would you continue.  To support Trump and his policy.  Please.... spare me.... only your disdain of those other humans will keep your rants in existence down in politics now that zelo went elsewhere you and you alone defend the Republican ever changing position here most GOP members here realize Trump is worse than Carter...but you regurgitate trumps tweet like it was manna from Heavenly father himself come on slim...pelosi bad Trump good go get em tigresss 

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2018 - 11:14 PM ET #18

    @slim. Look we might seem to be on opposite sides of an ideological spectrum but not so different.  We as humans in America,  want better for our children than we had. Rep Dem independent mind it really just the same. We would like a  better future to come back from our failures.  And we as humans rationalize the decisions right or.wrong as making the best choice given the possible choices of our time. When we look back to KILLARY VS THE DUMP. We will realize what choice did we really have? ..... Again the humans here are some of the best of this world of trolls and defend on the internet.  I enjoy reading everyone's opinions.  I do not comment much unless within a thread I created . But seriously if I have offended you or anyone here is was not.my intention. 

    Reply

    @slim. Look we might seem to be on opposite sides of an ideological spectrum but not so different.  We as humans in America,  want better for our children than we had. Rep Dem independent mind it really just the same. We would like a  better future to come back from our failures.  And we as humans rationalize the decisions right or.wrong as making the best choice given the possible choices of our time. When we look back to KILLARY VS THE DUMP. We will realize what choice did we really have? ..... Again the humans here are some of the best of this world of trolls and defend on the internet.  I enjoy reading everyone's opinions.  I do not comment much unless within a thread I created . But seriously if I have offended you or anyone here is was not.my intention. 

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2018 - 11:33 PM ET #19

    Sorry to muck up your thread goose..... 

    Reply

    Sorry to muck up your thread goose..... 

     
    Doja45
    Doja45
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 2304
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2018 - 11:47 PM ET #20

    It’s gotta be cutting back on the whiskey and gambling for me. They both take up way too much of my free time which is already hard to come by. Work less would be nice but that just ain’t gonna happen. My monthly nut to crack got out of control after the second kid 

    Reply

    It’s gotta be cutting back on the whiskey and gambling for me. They both take up way too much of my free time which is already hard to come by. Work less would be nice but that just ain’t gonna happen. My monthly nut to crack got out of control after the second kid 

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2018 - 2:13 AM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Doja45:

    It’s gotta be cutting back on the whiskey and gambling for me. They both take up way too much of my free time which is already hard to come by. Work less would be nice but that just ain’t gonna happen. My monthly nut to crack got out of control after the second kid

    Isn't it crazy that the more money you make, you just have to make even more money. You become accustomed to things. You wanna give the best to your family. I do pretty damn well as I know you do but I never feel like I can take my foot off the gas for too long. I do. I enjoy it. The grind never ends though.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Doja45:

    It’s gotta be cutting back on the whiskey and gambling for me. They both take up way too much of my free time which is already hard to come by. Work less would be nice but that just ain’t gonna happen. My monthly nut to crack got out of control after the second kid

    Isn't it crazy that the more money you make, you just have to make even more money. You become accustomed to things. You wanna give the best to your family. I do pretty damn well as I know you do but I never feel like I can take my foot off the gas for too long. I do. I enjoy it. The grind never ends though.

     
    Doja45
    Doja45
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 2304
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2018 - 10:05 AM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Isn't it crazy that the more money you make, you just have to make even more money. You become accustomed to things. You wanna give the best to your family. I do pretty damn well as I know you do but I never feel like I can take my foot off the gas for too long. I do. I enjoy it. The grind never ends though.


    Well put Stu. Ole Tyler Durden had it right...

    “The things we own end up owning us”
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    Isn't it crazy that the more money you make, you just have to make even more money. You become accustomed to things. You wanna give the best to your family. I do pretty damn well as I know you do but I never feel like I can take my foot off the gas for too long. I do. I enjoy it. The grind never ends though.


    Well put Stu. Ole Tyler Durden had it right...

    “The things we own end up owning us”
     
    ZiggyDawg
    ZiggyDawg
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 5532
    Posted: Jan. 1, 2019 - 1:14 AM ET #23

    I'm going to volunteer and help teach kids and adults to read and hope i can get them to teach others once I help them.
    Reply
    I'm going to volunteer and help teach kids and adults to read and hope i can get them to teach others once I help them.
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Jan. 1, 2019 - 6:03 PM ET #24

    I have several.  Now that I have finally found a woman that is marriage material, it is time for me to make changes in my life.  She is an angel.  Hands down the nicest person I have ever met in my life and I can't mess this up. 

    -I'm only gambling on Football and March madness.  Baseball cost me a lot last year.  I love the sport but damn son.  Gotta stop that. 
    -Cut down on drinking. 
    -Go to church more often
    -Squash all grudges.  Yeah that means you Scal.
        We have different views and its all good. 
    -Lose weight and eat right.  I'm getting fat yo. Not too bad but outa my comfort zone. 6-1 and 235 is 20 pounds too much.
    -Give more to charity. Including the homeless dudes in my hood if I think they deserve it. 
    -Save more money and don't spend it on B.S. 
    -Don't get stressed over the little things.  I live a wonderful life.  I make a lot of money and I have everything I want.  So many people cant say that. I'm not gonna let little things get to me.  


    I'm drunk now.  Just worked 16 hours and just hit the bottle.  Stressful day. I just want to say Happy NY to everyone.  And hope we have a better year than last. 

    Reply
    I have several.  Now that I have finally found a woman that is marriage material, it is time for me to make changes in my life.  She is an angel.  Hands down the nicest person I have ever met in my life and I can't mess this up. 

    -I'm only gambling on Football and March madness.  Baseball cost me a lot last year.  I love the sport but damn son.  Gotta stop that. 
    -Cut down on drinking. 
    -Go to church more often
    -Squash all grudges.  Yeah that means you Scal.
        We have different views and its all good. 
    -Lose weight and eat right.  I'm getting fat yo. Not too bad but outa my comfort zone. 6-1 and 235 is 20 pounds too much.
    -Give more to charity. Including the homeless dudes in my hood if I think they deserve it. 
    -Save more money and don't spend it on B.S. 
    -Don't get stressed over the little things.  I live a wonderful life.  I make a lot of money and I have everything I want.  So many people cant say that. I'm not gonna let little things get to me.  


    I'm drunk now.  Just worked 16 hours and just hit the bottle.  Stressful day. I just want to say Happy NY to everyone.  And hope we have a better year than last. 

     
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jan. 1, 2019 - 6:32 PM ET #25


    "Now that I have finally found a woman that is marriage material"

    GEEZUS Jeff, you're scaring me. 

    Little bit taller and a litter bit thicker but we have similar goals.  I'd like to see 25-30 lbs disappear.  Lost 20 over the Summer but have put it right back on.  That's a priority.  It's got to go.

    GL.

    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    "Now that I have finally found a woman that is marriage material"

    GEEZUS Jeff, you're scaring me. 

    Little bit taller and a litter bit thicker but we have similar goals.  I'd like to see 25-30 lbs disappear.  Lost 20 over the Summer but have put it right back on.  That's a priority.  It's got to go.

    GL.

    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,886
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,605
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 445
    • MLB Playoffs 16,940
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,229
    • PART DEUX 138
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,362
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,258
    • Week 6 Money 5,712
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,147

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.