• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Never again, not another $ to Nike.

    «First Previous 12
    Hugh_Jorgan
    thecentaur
    ClubDirt
    TheGoldenGoose
    The Hawk
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1992
    Posts: 45
    «First Previous 12
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 2:53 PM ET #26

    You do make a couple of points which I will have to fools, and possibly reassess my own points. Again, I will address this later.

    Friggin Covers replaced "a_ssess" with "fools"

    So Lame  
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    You do make a couple of points which I will have to fools, and possibly reassess my own points. Again, I will address this later.

    Friggin Covers replaced "a_ssess" with "fools"

    So Lame  
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 2:57 PM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    thecantaur, I will address much of what you just stated at a later time, as I am on my way to the gym now.
    A few brief thoughts before I go pump up these old, tired, muscles of mine.

    "Hugh Jordans" ... a very funny, on topic, line. Made me laugh 

    The word 'ignorant' 
    You will know few people who are better versed in dealing with ignorance than myself. I won't bore you detailing why that is the case, you will need to take me at my word.

    You would make a good politician, or litigation attorney, as you do a great job of putting a spin on my comments, as well as your responses to them. And you referred to me as some sort of 'semantic contortionist'??? Pot, meet kettle. I will address this later.

    You do make a couple of points which I will have to fools, and possibly reassess my own points. Again, I will address this later.

    Lastly, for now, I am many things, but a lefty leaning liberal is most definitely not one of them.

    See you when I come back pumped like Arnold Schwarzenegger 

    Yeah I didn't have you pegged as such, but a disagreement is fine and as long as you are willing to reassess so am I.  Much more civilized than name calling and insults like some on here do
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    thecantaur, I will address much of what you just stated at a later time, as I am on my way to the gym now.
    A few brief thoughts before I go pump up these old, tired, muscles of mine.

    "Hugh Jordans" ... a very funny, on topic, line. Made me laugh 

    The word 'ignorant' 
    You will know few people who are better versed in dealing with ignorance than myself. I won't bore you detailing why that is the case, you will need to take me at my word.

    You would make a good politician, or litigation attorney, as you do a great job of putting a spin on my comments, as well as your responses to them. And you referred to me as some sort of 'semantic contortionist'??? Pot, meet kettle. I will address this later.

    You do make a couple of points which I will have to fools, and possibly reassess my own points. Again, I will address this later.

    Lastly, for now, I am many things, but a lefty leaning liberal is most definitely not one of them.

    See you when I come back pumped like Arnold Schwarzenegger 

    Yeah I didn't have you pegged as such, but a disagreement is fine and as long as you are willing to reassess so am I.  Much more civilized than name calling and insults like some on here do
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 2:59 PM ET #28

    "cantaur"
    Reply
    "cantaur"
     
    ClubDirt
    ClubDirt
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 28196
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 3:11 PM ET #29

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    thecantaur, I will address much of what you just stated at a later time, as I am on my way to the gym now.
    A few brief thoughts before I go pump up these old, tired, muscles of mine.

    "Hugh Jordans" ... a very funny, on topic, line. Made me laugh 

    The word 'ignorant' 
    You will know few people who are better versed in dealing with ignorance than myself. I won't bore you detailing why that is the case, you will need to take me at my word.

    You would make a good politician, or litigation attorney, as you do a great job of putting a spin on my comments, as well as your responses to them. And you referred to me as some sort of 'semantic contortionist'??? Pot, meet kettle. I will address this later.

    You do make a couple of points which I will have to fools, and possibly reassess my own points. Again, I will address this later.

    Lastly, for now, I am many things, but a lefty leaning liberal is most definitely not one of them.

    See you when I come back pumped like Arnold Schwarzenegger 



    https://spotmebro.com/guys-who-remind-us-to-never-skip-leg-day/
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    thecantaur, I will address much of what you just stated at a later time, as I am on my way to the gym now.
    A few brief thoughts before I go pump up these old, tired, muscles of mine.

    "Hugh Jordans" ... a very funny, on topic, line. Made me laugh 

    The word 'ignorant' 
    You will know few people who are better versed in dealing with ignorance than myself. I won't bore you detailing why that is the case, you will need to take me at my word.

    You would make a good politician, or litigation attorney, as you do a great job of putting a spin on my comments, as well as your responses to them. And you referred to me as some sort of 'semantic contortionist'??? Pot, meet kettle. I will address this later.

    You do make a couple of points which I will have to fools, and possibly reassess my own points. Again, I will address this later.

    Lastly, for now, I am many things, but a lefty leaning liberal is most definitely not one of them.

    See you when I come back pumped like Arnold Schwarzenegger 



    https://spotmebro.com/guys-who-remind-us-to-never-skip-leg-day/
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 3:52 PM ET #30

    never skip leg day
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    never skip leg day
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 5:52 PM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by ClubDirt:




    https://spotmebro.com/guys-who-remind-us-to-never-skip-leg-day/

    I happen to have thinner legs than I'd like to, but not from lack of trying.
    Although, I do have solid calves ... thus, no one was happier when long, baggy shorts became the norm.

    In the 70's and 80's when the tight, short shorts were in, there was no hiding my deficient thighs. 

    BTW, did legs today 

    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ClubDirt:




    https://spotmebro.com/guys-who-remind-us-to-never-skip-leg-day/

    I happen to have thinner legs than I'd like to, but not from lack of trying.
    Although, I do have solid calves ... thus, no one was happier when long, baggy shorts became the norm.

    In the 70's and 80's when the tight, short shorts were in, there was no hiding my deficient thighs. 

    BTW, did legs today 

     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 5:57 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:

    "cantaur"

    Yep, I messed that one up, didn't I?
    To be honest, I just looked up 'centaur'. Due to my 'ignorance' I was not aware of the meaning.
    Consider me learned on the meaning now 
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:

    "cantaur"

    Yep, I messed that one up, didn't I?
    To be honest, I just looked up 'centaur'. Due to my 'ignorance' I was not aware of the meaning.
    Consider me learned on the meaning now 
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 6:23 PM ET #33

    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:


    Couple of things I would like to address here Hugh Jordans:

    -The liberal use of the word "ignorant" by the left.  Liberal is defined as lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated, lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular


    I realize it was a mistake on your part, but you wrote "Liberal" where you meant to write "ignorant"

    It kinda lends a whole new meaning to your point, doesn't it? 

    Or maybe it was a Freudian slip? 
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:


    Couple of things I would like to address here Hugh Jordans:

    -The liberal use of the word "ignorant" by the left.  Liberal is defined as lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated, lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular


    I realize it was a mistake on your part, but you wrote "Liberal" where you meant to write "ignorant"

    It kinda lends a whole new meaning to your point, doesn't it? 

    Or maybe it was a Freudian slip? 
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 6:28 PM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:


    Couple of things I would like to address here Hugh Jordans:

    -
    No I am not saying big businesses are more interested in happy rights than corporate profits, and that isn't what I said.  

    Sure it is ...
    In post #3, in regards to corporations, you wrote ... 
    "They have said screw the bottom line, let's inject a social agenda because we need to teach these peasants how to think.  Really sucks"
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:


    Couple of things I would like to address here Hugh Jordans:

    -
    No I am not saying big businesses are more interested in happy rights than corporate profits, and that isn't what I said.  

    Sure it is ...
    In post #3, in regards to corporations, you wrote ... 
    "They have said screw the bottom line, let's inject a social agenda because we need to teach these peasants how to think.  Really sucks"
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 6:41 PM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:


    Couple of things I would like to address here Hugh Jordans:

    They did not air commercials portraying open homosexuality negatively, as opposed to these other corporations who consciously and purposefully inject open homosexuality into their commercials which the vast majority of the time has nothing to do with their product.  Big difference Hugh Jordans. 


    For the purpose of clarity, the "they" in your post above was regarding Chick-Fill-A.

    I do not believe that most corporations care about social (gaye) issues. I believe they are focused on the bottom line, as they should be.

    If a certain company were to run an ad in which it seemed that they were attempting to appeal to gayes, then IMO they believe that gayes were an economically feasible group to advertise to. I don't not believe in obvious, nor hidden agenda's when dollars are at stake.
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:


    Couple of things I would like to address here Hugh Jordans:

    They did not air commercials portraying open homosexuality negatively, as opposed to these other corporations who consciously and purposefully inject open homosexuality into their commercials which the vast majority of the time has nothing to do with their product.  Big difference Hugh Jordans. 


    For the purpose of clarity, the "they" in your post above was regarding Chick-Fill-A.

    I do not believe that most corporations care about social (gaye) issues. I believe they are focused on the bottom line, as they should be.

    If a certain company were to run an ad in which it seemed that they were attempting to appeal to gayes, then IMO they believe that gayes were an economically feasible group to advertise to. I don't not believe in obvious, nor hidden agenda's when dollars are at stake.
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 6:50 PM ET #36

    Centaur, I apologize if the manner in which I am responding to your points creates a situation of unfair or deceptive debate. Specifically, my copying some of your sentences, while omitting other sentences of yours that may have supported your argument. 
    This is honestly not my intent.

    Problem is, your post was so friggin long, and you said so friggin much, that I need to piecemeal it in order to digest it all and put forth sufficient responses.

    Anyway, I need to shower so that I do not offend my wife, nor the other guests at the restaurant, with my body stench.
    I shall return tomorrow to finish the chat.
    Enjoy your night 
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Centaur, I apologize if the manner in which I am responding to your points creates a situation of unfair or deceptive debate. Specifically, my copying some of your sentences, while omitting other sentences of yours that may have supported your argument. 
    This is honestly not my intent.

    Problem is, your post was so friggin long, and you said so friggin much, that I need to piecemeal it in order to digest it all and put forth sufficient responses.

    Anyway, I need to shower so that I do not offend my wife, nor the other guests at the restaurant, with my body stench.
    I shall return tomorrow to finish the chat.
    Enjoy your night 
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 9:27 PM ET #37

    Stopped buying Nike ever since Kobe had "trouble" in Denver....
    Reply
    Stopped buying Nike ever since Kobe had "trouble" in Denver....
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 10:59 PM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    I realize it was a mistake on your part, but you wrote "Liberal" where you meant to write "ignorant"

    It kinda lends a whole new meaning to your point, doesn't it? 

    Or maybe it was a Freudian slip? 

    Lol yep I believe it was a Freudian slip, meant "ignorant"
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    I realize it was a mistake on your part, but you wrote "Liberal" where you meant to write "ignorant"

    It kinda lends a whole new meaning to your point, doesn't it? 

    Or maybe it was a Freudian slip? 

    Lol yep I believe it was a Freudian slip, meant "ignorant"
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 11:02 PM ET #39

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    Sure it is ...
    In post #3, in regards to corporations, you wrote ... 
    "They have said screw the bottom line, let's inject a social agenda because we need to teach these peasants how to think.  Really sucks"

    Yeah I can see how that sounds like what you are saying.  To clarify, what I meant was the corporations made a decision to take a hit to their bottom line to push an agenda
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    Sure it is ...
    In post #3, in regards to corporations, you wrote ... 
    "They have said screw the bottom line, let's inject a social agenda because we need to teach these peasants how to think.  Really sucks"

    Yeah I can see how that sounds like what you are saying.  To clarify, what I meant was the corporations made a decision to take a hit to their bottom line to push an agenda
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 11:11 PM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    For the purpose of clarity, the "they" in your post above was regarding Chick-Fill-A.

    I do not believe that most corporations care about social (gaye) issues. I believe they are focused on the bottom line, as they should be.

    If a certain company were to run an ad in which it seemed that they were attempting to appeal to gayes, then IMO they believe that gayes were an economically feasible group to advertise to. I don't not believe in obvious, nor hidden agenda's when dollars are at stake.

    Just do a little research on my example of lovehasnolabels.com, a division of the adcouncil.  The stated goal of that organization is to raise awareness about social issues, and they can afford all the commercials through donations from companies.  I didn't find that Nike was one of the sponsors, but the sponsors could only be found at the very bottom of the website.  Not very conspicuous and not announced in the commercials, so they certainly aren't doing it for publicity or exposure.  Naked agenda pushing, because there is little to no impact when people don't know who the sponsors of the commercials are.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:


    For the purpose of clarity, the "they" in your post above was regarding Chick-Fill-A.

    I do not believe that most corporations care about social (gaye) issues. I believe they are focused on the bottom line, as they should be.

    If a certain company were to run an ad in which it seemed that they were attempting to appeal to gayes, then IMO they believe that gayes were an economically feasible group to advertise to. I don't not believe in obvious, nor hidden agenda's when dollars are at stake.

    Just do a little research on my example of lovehasnolabels.com, a division of the adcouncil.  The stated goal of that organization is to raise awareness about social issues, and they can afford all the commercials through donations from companies.  I didn't find that Nike was one of the sponsors, but the sponsors could only be found at the very bottom of the website.  Not very conspicuous and not announced in the commercials, so they certainly aren't doing it for publicity or exposure.  Naked agenda pushing, because there is little to no impact when people don't know who the sponsors of the commercials are.

     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 11:13 PM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    Centaur, I apologize if the manner in which I am responding to your points creates a situation of unfair or deceptive debate. Specifically, my copying some of your sentences, while omitting other sentences of yours that may have supported your argument. 
    This is honestly not my intent.



    No problem, I didn't see it that way
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    Centaur, I apologize if the manner in which I am responding to your points creates a situation of unfair or deceptive debate. Specifically, my copying some of your sentences, while omitting other sentences of yours that may have supported your argument. 
    This is honestly not my intent.



    No problem, I didn't see it that way
     
    thecentaur
    thecentaur
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2012
    Posts: 2049
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2016 - 11:15 PM ET #42

    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:


    Just do a little research on my example of lovehasnolabels.com, a division of the adcouncil.  The stated goal of that organization is to raise awareness about social issues, and they can afford all the commercials through donations from companies.  I didn't find that Nike was one of the sponsors, but the sponsors could only be found at the very bottom of the website.  Not very conspicuous and not announced in the commercials, so they certainly aren't doing it for publicity or exposure.  Naked agenda pushing, because there is little to no impact when people don't know who the sponsors of the commercials are.


    Meaning economic impact for the company
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thecentaur:


    Just do a little research on my example of lovehasnolabels.com, a division of the adcouncil.  The stated goal of that organization is to raise awareness about social issues, and they can afford all the commercials through donations from companies.  I didn't find that Nike was one of the sponsors, but the sponsors could only be found at the very bottom of the website.  Not very conspicuous and not announced in the commercials, so they certainly aren't doing it for publicity or exposure.  Naked agenda pushing, because there is little to no impact when people don't know who the sponsors of the commercials are.


    Meaning economic impact for the company
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2016 - 11:04 AM ET #43

    What I hike- in,in the woods isn't determined by the maker's stance on global warming and Nike has changed the way it makes it's shoes from providing support on the court/turf to the impression the color scheme makes in the discotheque.(Unscientific opinion)
    Reply
    What I hike- in,in the woods isn't determined by the maker's stance on global warming and Nike has changed the way it makes it's shoes from providing support on the court/turf to the impression the color scheme makes in the discotheque.(Unscientific opinion)
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2016 - 2:48 AM ET #44

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    Stopped buying Nike ever since Kobe had "trouble" in Denver....

    So, you were buying Nike before that, because Kobe told you to do so? 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    Stopped buying Nike ever since Kobe had "trouble" in Denver....

    So, you were buying Nike before that, because Kobe told you to do so? 
     
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Feb. 23, 2016 - 11:11 AM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:


    So, you were buying Nike before that, because Kobe told you to do so? 

    No, just another shoe/warm-ups company to me back then. But then, with MJ being a jerk (retiring/baseball, retiring/unretiring, never took a stance on anything except 'buy Nike') and then Kobe, and the relentless ad campaigns..............I decided to become part of the minority. Believe me, a LOT of folks thought the same way. 

    Not that Kobe was EVER GUILTY or anything, but after he bought his wife that 4 million dollar, 8-carat ring 3 days after being charged with rape in Denver, I kind of stopped believing every damn thing that came out of his mouth.........
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:


    So, you were buying Nike before that, because Kobe told you to do so? 

    No, just another shoe/warm-ups company to me back then. But then, with MJ being a jerk (retiring/baseball, retiring/unretiring, never took a stance on anything except 'buy Nike') and then Kobe, and the relentless ad campaigns..............I decided to become part of the minority. Believe me, a LOT of folks thought the same way. 

    Not that Kobe was EVER GUILTY or anything, but after he bought his wife that 4 million dollar, 8-carat ring 3 days after being charged with rape in Denver, I kind of stopped believing every damn thing that came out of his mouth.........
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,355
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 435
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,890
    • PART DEUX 151
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 842
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
    • Week 6 Money 8,394
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,249
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,243

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.