i think deadwood is probably the best thing hbo has ever done but it ended too soon because they didn;'t renew it after several seasons. still should be watched.
true blood is kind of , definitely not as well written or intelligent as a lot of what you can get on hbo.
silicon valley is funny.
haven't seen the others although i've watched a few episodes of westworld. it's pretty good.
i think deadwood is probably the best thing hbo has ever done but it ended too soon because they didn;'t renew it after several seasons. still should be watched.
true blood is kind of , definitely not as well written or intelligent as a lot of what you can get on hbo.
silicon valley is funny.
haven't seen the others although i've watched a few episodes of westworld. it's pretty good.
since we're on the sibject, there are two shows i'm watching now that are excellent but not for everyone. i say that because they are pretty slow but interesting and intelligent. the problem with too many shows is they either are stupid from the outset or get stupid pretty soon. anyway, if you don't mind slow paced shows without a lot of action but that are interesting (of course, the prototype for this is mad men), check out rectify and the knick.
of course the wire and deadwood to a lesser extent were the best of both worlds. smart, well written and well paced with action but they just don't make shows like that very often. breaking bad would be another in this category.
since we're on the sibject, there are two shows i'm watching now that are excellent but not for everyone. i say that because they are pretty slow but interesting and intelligent. the problem with too many shows is they either are stupid from the outset or get stupid pretty soon. anyway, if you don't mind slow paced shows without a lot of action but that are interesting (of course, the prototype for this is mad men), check out rectify and the knick.
of course the wire and deadwood to a lesser extent were the best of both worlds. smart, well written and well paced with action but they just don't make shows like that very often. breaking bad would be another in this category.
Californication is a good Showtime dramedy that I also recommend if you haven't seen it.
It's about a successful writer from New York that relocates to LA and develops writer's block. He drinks, drugs and womanizes while struggling with being a parent and trying to get back w/ his baby mama. By the 4th season, you can't help but question how this guy pulls all these dime pieces. I think he must bang a new chick an episode.
Anyways, very funny show.
Californication is a good Showtime dramedy that I also recommend if you haven't seen it.
It's about a successful writer from New York that relocates to LA and develops writer's block. He drinks, drugs and womanizes while struggling with being a parent and trying to get back w/ his baby mama. By the 4th season, you can't help but question how this guy pulls all these dime pieces. I think he must bang a new chick an episode.
If you're checking out shows on FX, American Horror Story is really good.
You can pick it up at the beginning of any season because it's an anthology series in which every new season starts a new story.
They recycle the actors, kind of like how Italian mob movies/Sopranos recycle the Guinea actors (for my fellow amici that are offended by this is warranted b/c I think it's offensive how Hollywood portrays Talians- and not every Talian American from North Jersey is not a Guido. stupid New Yorkers from The Jersey Shore, hahaha). Ok my rant is over.
If you're checking out shows on FX, American Horror Story is really good.
You can pick it up at the beginning of any season because it's an anthology series in which every new season starts a new story.
They recycle the actors, kind of like how Italian mob movies/Sopranos recycle the Guinea actors (for my fellow amici that are offended by this is warranted b/c I think it's offensive how Hollywood portrays Talians- and not every Talian American from North Jersey is not a Guido. stupid New Yorkers from The Jersey Shore, hahaha). Ok my rant is over.
Club what two shows? Are you saying Silicone Valley.
Slob no showtime but it sounds like my kind of show.
I have HBO free for one year and want to take advantage of it. I watched the first season of these four 30 minute comedies and are pretty funny. In order of the ones I like.
The Detour
Wrecked
Angie Tribeka
Vice Principals.
Club what two shows? Are you saying Silicone Valley.
Slob no showtime but it sounds like my kind of show.
I have HBO free for one year and want to take advantage of it. I watched the first season of these four 30 minute comedies and are pretty funny. In order of the ones I like.
I watched the very first American Horror Story and it is on my list. Also on my list is Breaking Bad. Lots of good shows out there and I have some catching up to do.
Swan sorry I missed you. Going to squeeze it in. Those 30 minute segments go quick and its great not to have commercials.
Thanks for all the comments.
I watched the very first American Horror Story and it is on my list. Also on my list is Breaking Bad. Lots of good shows out there and I have some catching up to do.
Swan sorry I missed you. Going to squeeze it in. Those 30 minute segments go quick and its great not to have commercials.
Club what two shows? Are you saying Silicone Valley.
Slob no showtime but it sounds like my kind of show.
I have HBO free for one year and want to take advantage of it. I watched the first season of these four 30 minute comedies and are pretty funny. In order of the ones I like.
The Detour
Wrecked
Angie Tribeka
Vice Principals.
silicon valley is good, but the two i'm watching now are rectify (sundance) and the knick (cinemax), both went 4 seasons and are finished, i think, but you can get them on netflix.
Quote Originally Posted by Kurshka:
Club what two shows? Are you saying Silicone Valley.
Slob no showtime but it sounds like my kind of show.
I have HBO free for one year and want to take advantage of it. I watched the first season of these four 30 minute comedies and are pretty funny. In order of the ones I like.
The Detour
Wrecked
Angie Tribeka
Vice Principals.
silicon valley is good, but the two i'm watching now are rectify (sundance) and the knick (cinemax), both went 4 seasons and are finished, i think, but you can get them on netflix.
These are just the kind of series I like. Used to watch Hill Street Blues many moons ago. Also seen Oz. Even used to watch Kojack, Columbo, Miami Blues and most of all the Law and Orders. Love the cop shows.
But sh*t this show is not available to me. I have Xfinty and they got thousands of TV series but not this one.
These are just the kind of series I like. Used to watch Hill Street Blues many moons ago. Also seen Oz. Even used to watch Kojack, Columbo, Miami Blues and most of all the Law and Orders. Love the cop shows.
But sh*t this show is not available to me. I have Xfinty and they got thousands of TV series but not this one.
Thinking back to what Clubdirt said about TrueBlood was a bit happy,but Anna was enough to overcome anything.And the gore/blood would be good at times when the Vamps would lose it.
Wire was really good Eastbound and Down was hilarious..
Six feet under was decent..You have seen the Sopranos Kurshka?
Thinking back to what Clubdirt said about TrueBlood was a bit happy,but Anna was enough to overcome anything.And the gore/blood would be good at times when the Vamps would lose it.
Wire was really good Eastbound and Down was hilarious..
Six feet under was decent..You have seen the Sopranos Kurshka?