• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Need Covers advice: My friend may lose his job by eating just a few bites of a POT brownie.

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    steveshane67
    Johnzimbo34
    wizardofroz
    KennyWoo
    dopalicous
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4533
    Posts: 97
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    steveshane67
    steveshane67
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 2062
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2010 - 9:16 PM ET #51

    either you are lying or your friend is a complete idiot.

    go to any local gnc, and you can buy all the stuff you need to pass a piss test.

    i have friends who would smoke up until the day before they court ordered drug test and pass with flying colors bc its so easy to beat.
    Reply
    either you are lying or your friend is a complete idiot.

    go to any local gnc, and you can buy all the stuff you need to pass a piss test.

    i have friends who would smoke up until the day before they court ordered drug test and pass with flying colors bc its so easy to beat.
     
    Johnzimbo34
    Johnzimbo34
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 1299
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2010 - 9:17 PM ET #52

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

     I will have to politely disagree.  If there was NO drug test and he brought this to the attention of his supervisor, that may have given his boss impetus to test him any how due to potential legal ramifications. 

    He should have been upfront and said "this chick may have slipped me some pot brownie ..I had two bites and spit it out"..unless his boss wanted to can him, he should have been fine

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

     I will have to politely disagree.  If there was NO drug test and he brought this to the attention of his supervisor, that may have given his boss impetus to test him any how due to potential legal ramifications. 

    He should have been upfront and said "this chick may have slipped me some pot brownie ..I had two bites and spit it out"..unless his boss wanted to can him, he should have been fine

     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Nov. 16, 2010 - 11:22 PM ET #53

    It was a piss test, and hindsight is 20/20.  However, in retrospect, he should have left a message with his boss on Sunday morning. 
    Reply
    It was a piss test, and hindsight is 20/20.  However, in retrospect, he should have left a message with his boss on Sunday morning. 
     
    KennyWoo
    KennyWoo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 2510
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 12:05 AM ET #54

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    It was a piss test, and hindsight is 20/20.  However, in retrospect, he should have left a message with his boss on Sunday morning. 

    Or no-showed work on Monday

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    It was a piss test, and hindsight is 20/20.  However, in retrospect, he should have left a message with his boss on Sunday morning. 

    Or no-showed work on Monday

     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 12:54 AM ET #55

    Quote Originally Posted by KennyWoo:

    Or no-showed work on Monday

    I think THC, even in small amounts, can stay in your system over a week.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyWoo:

    Or no-showed work on Monday

    I think THC, even in small amounts, can stay in your system over a week.

     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 4:18 PM ET #56

      It looks as though my friend may be home free.  He has NOT heard anything yet regarding the test, and he probably would have been immediately informed and fired if he failed.  I wonder how much longer he has to worry before knowing he is in the clear. 
    Reply
      It looks as though my friend may be home free.  He has NOT heard anything yet regarding the test, and he probably would have been immediately informed and fired if he failed.  I wonder how much longer he has to worry before knowing he is in the clear. 
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 4:20 PM ET #57

     He failed the home drug test, but maybe the work test is more specific and allows trace amounts in your system?
    Reply
     He failed the home drug test, but maybe the work test is more specific and allows trace amounts in your system?
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 4:25 PM ET #58

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnzimbo34:

    He should have been upfront and said "this chick may have slipped me some pot brownie ..I had two bites and spit it out"..unless his boss wanted to can him, he should have been fine

     After more analysis and thought by me, being forthright BEFORE he knew he was being tested would have been DUMB.  It would have given the boss suspicion and reason to question him. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnzimbo34:

    He should have been upfront and said "this chick may have slipped me some pot brownie ..I had two bites and spit it out"..unless his boss wanted to can him, he should have been fine

     After more analysis and thought by me, being forthright BEFORE he knew he was being tested would have been DUMB.  It would have given the boss suspicion and reason to question him. 

     
    dopalicous
    dopalicous
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 3468
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 4:36 PM ET #59

    Man i got to this thread way too late...first off you can buy clean piss online...and have it overnighted...actually done this before...

    2nd i was  a supervisor at UPS for like 2 years...worst job ever...everyone of those drivers hates there jobs and couldn't find a better job making the money the make. Holiday's go fuck yourself too...Ever notice how late UPS drivers are out the week before Christmas...

    Berrys you are loosing cred my brother...Aliens...Jail in different countries no a brownie decree law...

    Wizard man i am sorry to hear man. this sucks.
    Reply
    Man i got to this thread way too late...first off you can buy clean piss online...and have it overnighted...actually done this before...

    2nd i was  a supervisor at UPS for like 2 years...worst job ever...everyone of those drivers hates there jobs and couldn't find a better job making the money the make. Holiday's go fuck yourself too...Ever notice how late UPS drivers are out the week before Christmas...

    Berrys you are loosing cred my brother...Aliens...Jail in different countries no a brownie decree law...

    Wizard man i am sorry to hear man. this sucks.
     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 4:39 PM ET #60

    He has no recourse, really.  In the end, he's responsible for what's in his body.  Maybe the employer would make an exception if he agreed to regular testing moving forward (although they might make him pay for it).

    THC can stay in your system from 3-90 days. 

    Reply

    He has no recourse, really.  In the end, he's responsible for what's in his body.  Maybe the employer would make an exception if he agreed to regular testing moving forward (although they might make him pay for it).

    THC can stay in your system from 3-90 days. 

     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 4:52 PM ET #61

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

     He failed the home drug test, but maybe the work test is more specific and allows trace amounts in your system?


    You guys may have misread the home test.  The first time I did one, I misread it. 

    2 bites of a pot brownie would not register on a test, unless the brownies were extremely strong.  The home tests allow a certain percentage without being positive.  if you are a smoker, you try to dilute your urine to the point where you are under the percentage. 



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

     He failed the home drug test, but maybe the work test is more specific and allows trace amounts in your system?


    You guys may have misread the home test.  The first time I did one, I misread it. 

    2 bites of a pot brownie would not register on a test, unless the brownies were extremely strong.  The home tests allow a certain percentage without being positive.  if you are a smoker, you try to dilute your urine to the point where you are under the percentage. 



     
    cacabware
    cacabware
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 11636
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 5:44 PM ET #62

     good news oz 
    Reply
     good news oz 
     
    jerseykingpin
    jerseykingpin
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 2033
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 5:49 PM ET #63

    Drink alot of grren tea or go to the health food store or GNC and get this its called Gold Tea I think its in a black box
    Reply
    Drink alot of grren tea or go to the health food store or GNC and get this its called Gold Tea I think its in a black box
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 7:00 PM ET #64

     Thanks for the advice and support guys.  I will let the thread die unless something unexpectedly bad comes up in the next couple of days. 
    Reply
     Thanks for the advice and support guys.  I will let the thread die unless something unexpectedly bad comes up in the next couple of days. 
     
    Johnzimbo34
    Johnzimbo34
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 1299
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 7:13 PM ET #65

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

     After more analysis and thought by me, being forthright BEFORE he knew he was being tested would have been DUMB.  It would have given the boss suspicion and reason to question him. 

    As I said, depends if he has a trusting relationship with his boss. I am a manager and subject to post-accident testing, so I do not partake in smoking anything. But, had this happened to me, I would have told my boss right away, on the slight chance I might soon thereafter get hurt at work. He would understand and then back me if I had to get tested. Not sure your buddy would have trusted his boss though.

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

     After more analysis and thought by me, being forthright BEFORE he knew he was being tested would have been DUMB.  It would have given the boss suspicion and reason to question him. 

    As I said, depends if he has a trusting relationship with his boss. I am a manager and subject to post-accident testing, so I do not partake in smoking anything. But, had this happened to me, I would have told my boss right away, on the slight chance I might soon thereafter get hurt at work. He would understand and then back me if I had to get tested. Not sure your buddy would have trusted his boss though.

     

     
    Spitfire15
    Spitfire15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 13407
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 7:25 PM ET #66

    Quote Originally Posted by dopalicous:

    Man i got to this thread way too late...first off you can buy clean piss online...and have it overnighted...actually done this before...

    2nd i was  a supervisor at UPS for like 2 years...worst job ever...everyone of those drivers hates there jobs and couldn't find a better job making the money the make. Holiday's go fuck yourself too...Ever notice how late UPS drivers are out the week before Christmas...

    Berrys you are loosing cred my brother...Aliens...Jail in different countries no a brownie decree law...

    Wizard man i am sorry to hear man. this sucks.


    I just want to say I completely disagree, and I fully support equalblueberries.  He is a great young poster with a lot of potential upsides, with a little development we could see him being a difference-maker on the boards in the near future IMO.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dopalicous:

    Man i got to this thread way too late...first off you can buy clean piss online...and have it overnighted...actually done this before...

    2nd i was  a supervisor at UPS for like 2 years...worst job ever...everyone of those drivers hates there jobs and couldn't find a better job making the money the make. Holiday's go fuck yourself too...Ever notice how late UPS drivers are out the week before Christmas...

    Berrys you are loosing cred my brother...Aliens...Jail in different countries no a brownie decree law...

    Wizard man i am sorry to hear man. this sucks.


    I just want to say I completely disagree, and I fully support equalblueberries.  He is a great young poster with a lot of potential upsides, with a little development we could see him being a difference-maker on the boards in the near future IMO.
     
    doliver517
    doliver517
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 3083
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 9:12 PM ET #67

    Buddy............

    This I believed happened to you....I believe your story is put together between the pieces only you want to use....I do believe you made a mistake and SMOKED pot...then got tested....but if you really did make a mistake, get the results, present them in front of your employer, then agree to another test asap (maybe bring one, couldn't hurt)........plz don't make us believe this is your friend.......

    Reply

    Buddy............

    This I believed happened to you....I believe your story is put together between the pieces only you want to use....I do believe you made a mistake and SMOKED pot...then got tested....but if you really did make a mistake, get the results, present them in front of your employer, then agree to another test asap (maybe bring one, couldn't hurt)........plz don't make us believe this is your friend.......

     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 9:31 PM ET #68

    Quote Originally Posted by doliver517:

    Buddy............

    This I believed happened to you....I believe your story is put together between the pieces only you want to use....I do believe you made a mistake and SMOKED pot...then got tested....but if you really did make a mistake, get the results, present them in front of your employer, then agree to another test asap (maybe bring one, couldn't hurt)........plz don't make us believe this is your friend.......

    I do not smoke pot, but have no problems with those that chose to do so.  I made it perfectly clear in my initial post that this affects me personally in NO way what whatsoever, as I choose to NOT be currently employed. 

    FWIW, I do NOT have patience with bullshitters, and I obviously shoot it straight myself.  I encourage you to keep doubting my story with your posts, but since I am being forthright, I will make you look even dumber for it. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by doliver517:

    Buddy............

    This I believed happened to you....I believe your story is put together between the pieces only you want to use....I do believe you made a mistake and SMOKED pot...then got tested....but if you really did make a mistake, get the results, present them in front of your employer, then agree to another test asap (maybe bring one, couldn't hurt)........plz don't make us believe this is your friend.......

    I do not smoke pot, but have no problems with those that chose to do so.  I made it perfectly clear in my initial post that this affects me personally in NO way what whatsoever, as I choose to NOT be currently employed. 

    FWIW, I do NOT have patience with bullshitters, and I obviously shoot it straight myself.  I encourage you to keep doubting my story with your posts, but since I am being forthright, I will make you look even dumber for it. 

     
    equalblueberrys
    equalblueberrys
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 725
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 9:39 PM ET #69

    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire15:



    I just want to say I completely disagree, and I fully support equalblueberries.  He is a great young poster with a lot of potential upsides, with a little development we could see him being a difference-maker on the boards in the near future IMO.


    I'm a rising star!   The future is bright!  The World is my oyster!!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire15:



    I just want to say I completely disagree, and I fully support equalblueberries.  He is a great young poster with a lot of potential upsides, with a little development we could see him being a difference-maker on the boards in the near future IMO.


    I'm a rising star!   The future is bright!  The World is my oyster!!!!
     
    callmetim
    callmetim
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2010
    Posts: 1843
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 10:01 PM ET #70

    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    Call this naivety or ignorance by both of us, but here is the story.  For what it is worth, I do NOT currently work, so I am not making any of this up to protect myself: 

    This past Saturday night we were basically the only patrons at the bar around midnight.  Since they were closing in about an hour and were not busy, the waitress killed some time by chatting with his other friend to our immediate left. 

    As we were watching the Nevada-Fresno football game, she offered us some of her brownies that she either cooked in the back or brought from home.  I told her no thanks, as I am not much into sweets, but my friend tried a few bites. 

    After about 10 minutes, she informed him that they were POT brownies, and my friend immediately got VERY upset.  He turned to his friend and her and questioned why they did not let him know beforehand that they were not just regular brownies. 

    Whether or not he was telling the truth, his friend said he was unaware that they were pot browies.  When the waitress went to the restroom, the owner at the bar acknowledged that she was a pothead and came into work 30 minutes late a lot, but was very hard to fire since she was so sociable and friendly to talk to. 

    My friend then stated that he could lose his job due to drug testing at work, where they have a zero tolerance policy.  Lo and behold, earlier today on Monday, he was 1 of 8 people that were randomly drug tested. 

    BEFORE he went to the test site down the street, he informed his supervisor that he may test positive due to the few bites he had ingested from the pot brownie over the weekend.  His supervisor then justifiably said that there is not much he could do till the results came back either tomorrow or Wednesday. 

    To ease his mind when he got home, he asked me if he should go by the pharmacy and do the home drug test.  I told him there was no substitute for peace of mind, and he agreed and bought the $20 test kit.      

    At home he did the test, and unfortunately, his results were POSITIVE.  Since the results are probably pretty reliable, he will most likely be fired from his non-union job within a day or two. 

    He does not have a college degree, is single with no kids, and makes about $40,000 to $45,000 a year.  Being there for over 10 years and capping out on his periodic raises, he is fortunate to be making that income from a low-skilled job.

    If he retains his job for some reason, his anger will obviously subside.  But if he does lose his job like he fears, I told him to be completely forthright at work to at least clear his name.  Whether that amounts to him getting his job back is not the issue. 

    And IF he does lose his job, he is considering suing the bar that allowed this to happen.  My friend has not touched marijuana in 15 years, and if he had known they were POT brownies, he NEVER would have taken a bite.  Once again, he knew the risks only AFTER it was too late. 

     Opinions and advice are welcome. 



    How about seeing the employer's side of this equation? How many times do you think they've heard stories like this? Do they make an exception with your friend because they believe him, but do not believe the secretary they fired 6 months ago for testing positive also? No sir. It's 0 tolerance.

    Doesn't it seem odd that within a few days of this guy supposedly eating these cookies, he gets his number pulled?

    Random drug testing, by the way, is very legal.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardofroz:

    Call this naivety or ignorance by both of us, but here is the story.  For what it is worth, I do NOT currently work, so I am not making any of this up to protect myself: 

    This past Saturday night we were basically the only patrons at the bar around midnight.  Since they were closing in about an hour and were not busy, the waitress killed some time by chatting with his other friend to our immediate left. 

    As we were watching the Nevada-Fresno football game, she offered us some of her brownies that she either cooked in the back or brought from home.  I told her no thanks, as I am not much into sweets, but my friend tried a few bites. 

    After about 10 minutes, she informed him that they were POT brownies, and my friend immediately got VERY upset.  He turned to his friend and her and questioned why they did not let him know beforehand that they were not just regular brownies. 

    Whether or not he was telling the truth, his friend said he was unaware that they were pot browies.  When the waitress went to the restroom, the owner at the bar acknowledged that she was a pothead and came into work 30 minutes late a lot, but was very hard to fire since she was so sociable and friendly to talk to. 

    My friend then stated that he could lose his job due to drug testing at work, where they have a zero tolerance policy.  Lo and behold, earlier today on Monday, he was 1 of 8 people that were randomly drug tested. 

    BEFORE he went to the test site down the street, he informed his supervisor that he may test positive due to the few bites he had ingested from the pot brownie over the weekend.  His supervisor then justifiably said that there is not much he could do till the results came back either tomorrow or Wednesday. 

    To ease his mind when he got home, he asked me if he should go by the pharmacy and do the home drug test.  I told him there was no substitute for peace of mind, and he agreed and bought the $20 test kit.      

    At home he did the test, and unfortunately, his results were POSITIVE.  Since the results are probably pretty reliable, he will most likely be fired from his non-union job within a day or two. 

    He does not have a college degree, is single with no kids, and makes about $40,000 to $45,000 a year.  Being there for over 10 years and capping out on his periodic raises, he is fortunate to be making that income from a low-skilled job.

    If he retains his job for some reason, his anger will obviously subside.  But if he does lose his job like he fears, I told him to be completely forthright at work to at least clear his name.  Whether that amounts to him getting his job back is not the issue. 

    And IF he does lose his job, he is considering suing the bar that allowed this to happen.  My friend has not touched marijuana in 15 years, and if he had known they were POT brownies, he NEVER would have taken a bite.  Once again, he knew the risks only AFTER it was too late. 

     Opinions and advice are welcome. 



    How about seeing the employer's side of this equation? How many times do you think they've heard stories like this? Do they make an exception with your friend because they believe him, but do not believe the secretary they fired 6 months ago for testing positive also? No sir. It's 0 tolerance.

    Doesn't it seem odd that within a few days of this guy supposedly eating these cookies, he gets his number pulled?

    Random drug testing, by the way, is very legal.
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 10:23 PM ET #71

    Quote Originally Posted by callmetim:



    How about seeing the employer's side of this equation? How many times do you think they've heard stories like this? Do they make an exception with your friend because they believe him, but do not believe the secretary they fired 6 months ago for testing positive also? No sir. It's 0 tolerance.

    Doesn't it seem odd that within a few days of this guy supposedly eating these cookies, he gets his number pulled?

    Random drug testing, by the way, is very legal.

    I COMPLETELY understand this from the employer's side.  It was bad luck that he was even randomly tested, but I just laugh at those who think I am making this stuff up to protect myself.   

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by callmetim:



    How about seeing the employer's side of this equation? How many times do you think they've heard stories like this? Do they make an exception with your friend because they believe him, but do not believe the secretary they fired 6 months ago for testing positive also? No sir. It's 0 tolerance.

    Doesn't it seem odd that within a few days of this guy supposedly eating these cookies, he gets his number pulled?

    Random drug testing, by the way, is very legal.

    I COMPLETELY understand this from the employer's side.  It was bad luck that he was even randomly tested, but I just laugh at those who think I am making this stuff up to protect myself.   

     
    ogmike
    ogmike
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2002
    Posts: 2947
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 10:27 PM ET #72

    Quote Originally Posted by dillon24:

    It's all bullshit. Your friend is making up the pot brownie story. No way a couple of bites shows up on the drug test. Its a build up of THC in the fat cells that will show up. You can pass the test with some in your system. “50 nanograms of THC metabolites per milliliter” defines a presumptive positive by most laboratories. This value was originally 20 ng/mL, but too many false positives resulted. So the level was raised to 100 ng/mL to reduce false positives. As of January 1995, the threshold was lowered back down to 50 ng/mL because it became known that drinking excessive water could easily bring the level of metabolites in the urine below 100 ng/mL. Some employers may use a lower cutoff, but that is rare. Your friend blazes everyday

    Wow is all I have to say.  This is exactly why I love Covers.  So many people on here with a wealth of knowledge that is beyond vast.  This information doesn't help me in any way whatsoever as I stopped smoking pot regularly in high school, but it could be useful for many others.  I stopped gambling a couple of years ago but still frequent Covers daily b/c not only are the threads extremely entertaining but are very helpful as well.  Just wanted to say thank you Covers and thank you to those that have helped me when I seeked help.

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dillon24:

    It's all bullshit. Your friend is making up the pot brownie story. No way a couple of bites shows up on the drug test. Its a build up of THC in the fat cells that will show up. You can pass the test with some in your system. “50 nanograms of THC metabolites per milliliter” defines a presumptive positive by most laboratories. This value was originally 20 ng/mL, but too many false positives resulted. So the level was raised to 100 ng/mL to reduce false positives. As of January 1995, the threshold was lowered back down to 50 ng/mL because it became known that drinking excessive water could easily bring the level of metabolites in the urine below 100 ng/mL. Some employers may use a lower cutoff, but that is rare. Your friend blazes everyday

    Wow is all I have to say.  This is exactly why I love Covers.  So many people on here with a wealth of knowledge that is beyond vast.  This information doesn't help me in any way whatsoever as I stopped smoking pot regularly in high school, but it could be useful for many others.  I stopped gambling a couple of years ago but still frequent Covers daily b/c not only are the threads extremely entertaining but are very helpful as well.  Just wanted to say thank you Covers and thank you to those that have helped me when I seeked help.

     

     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 10:29 PM ET #73

    If I ever get nailed for wrongdoing, I will have NO problem admitting it was me.  Call me rare, but I actually have character and value it highly in others.  If you lie to ME and I find out, I will eventually have you self-incriminate yourself and look like a fool.  And in the process, I will lose ALL respect for you.  That is why I NEVER lie to my friends. 
    Reply
    If I ever get nailed for wrongdoing, I will have NO problem admitting it was me.  Call me rare, but I actually have character and value it highly in others.  If you lie to ME and I find out, I will eventually have you self-incriminate yourself and look like a fool.  And in the process, I will lose ALL respect for you.  That is why I NEVER lie to my friends. 
     
    dopalicous
    dopalicous
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 3468
    Posted: Nov. 17, 2010 - 11:03 PM ET #74

    Spitfire i completely agree berry's posts are a great read...I am just talking about street credibility as i gave him credit for in another post...Berry's we need a comeback....Where did you come up with the brownie decree... i dont even need a link brother, just give  me something i can sink my teeth into....

    you where cool as hell to proto ( man he needs help)  and he told you to buzz off....just give me some street cred back i want to believe you...u seem like a soulful brother....
    Reply
    Spitfire i completely agree berry's posts are a great read...I am just talking about street credibility as i gave him credit for in another post...Berry's we need a comeback....Where did you come up with the brownie decree... i dont even need a link brother, just give  me something i can sink my teeth into....

    you where cool as hell to proto ( man he needs help)  and he told you to buzz off....just give me some street cred back i want to believe you...u seem like a soulful brother....
     
     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Nov. 18, 2010 - 12:53 AM ET #75

    Quote Originally Posted by dopalicous:

    Spitfire i completely agree berry's posts are a great read...I am just talking about street credibility as i gave him credit for in another post...Berry's we need a comeback....Where did you come up with the brownie decree... i dont even need a link brother, just give  me something i can sink my teeth into....

    you where cool as hell to proto ( man he needs help)  and he told you to buzz off....just give me some street cred back i want to believe you...u seem like a soulful brother....

     The Kentucky Brownie Decree was actually pretty funny. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by dopalicous:

    Spitfire i completely agree berry's posts are a great read...I am just talking about street credibility as i gave him credit for in another post...Berry's we need a comeback....Where did you come up with the brownie decree... i dont even need a link brother, just give  me something i can sink my teeth into....

    you where cool as hell to proto ( man he needs help)  and he told you to buzz off....just give me some street cred back i want to believe you...u seem like a soulful brother....

     The Kentucky Brownie Decree was actually pretty funny. 

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,671
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,285
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,049
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,723
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,433
    • MLB Playoffs 5,317
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,324
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,297
    • Week 5 Money 11,132
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 4,312

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.