I remember in the summers a local store that was part of a nationwide chain (name escapes me now) would sell small replica MLB batting helmets and with a purchase you got to fill it with flavored slushees. Once you purchased the whole set (all the MLB teams) they gave you an adjustable sized one that you could wear for your "local" team based on your region of the country. For me it was the Cleveland Indians.
Name something that you collected as a child that you enjoyed?
I remember in the summers a local store that was part of a nationwide chain (name escapes me now) would sell small replica MLB batting helmets and with a purchase you got to fill it with flavored slushees. Once you purchased the whole set (all the MLB teams) they gave you an adjustable sized one that you could wear for your "local" team based on your region of the country. For me it was the Cleveland Indians.
Goose-I, for some ungodly reason always liked reading the fortune at the bottom and looking to see what prize they were pedaling at the bottom for the x number of wrappers and a money order...funny how those too are becoming a thing of the past for some with this electronic bill pay and banking functions.
Goose-I, for some ungodly reason always liked reading the fortune at the bottom and looking to see what prize they were pedaling at the bottom for the x number of wrappers and a money order...funny how those too are becoming a thing of the past for some with this electronic bill pay and banking functions.
Coca-Cola had a promotion thing going on early 60's..Jersey Shore...They had sheets of pictures of players on the NY Jets and Giants and bottle caps that had players on them..Collect them all glue the caps to the page and you redeemed it at the local plant and got a football...
I would ride my bike all over the local towns outdoor coke machines with a magnet on a string grabbing as many as I could looking for the special ones needed to finish a card.. Everytime I hear the Beatles "Help' I go right back there or just smelling a coke bottle cap..
Coca-Cola had a promotion thing going on early 60's..Jersey Shore...They had sheets of pictures of players on the NY Jets and Giants and bottle caps that had players on them..Collect them all glue the caps to the page and you redeemed it at the local plant and got a football...
I would ride my bike all over the local towns outdoor coke machines with a magnet on a string grabbing as many as I could looking for the special ones needed to finish a card.. Everytime I hear the Beatles "Help' I go right back there or just smelling a coke bottle cap..
when I was 7 or 8, I went thru a phase of collecting the toys you would get at the bottom of cereal boxes namely Frosties, Coco pops, Rice Krispies etc
these would be little figures, miniature vehicles or bike reflectors
as I got older, from 10 to 13, I had built up a very nice collection of soccer jerseys which I wish I still had because some can be quite valuable these days
Thinking about picking up a couple of early 90s jerseys sometime for nostalgia stake
when I was 7 or 8, I went thru a phase of collecting the toys you would get at the bottom of cereal boxes namely Frosties, Coco pops, Rice Krispies etc
these would be little figures, miniature vehicles or bike reflectors
as I got older, from 10 to 13, I had built up a very nice collection of soccer jerseys which I wish I still had because some can be quite valuable these days
Thinking about picking up a couple of early 90s jerseys sometime for nostalgia stake
Used to collect marbles when I was a kid. They started to make them with designs inside and it was cool to have a collection of all different kinds. Always had all my pockets full of them ready to shoot marbles and play a game called “keepsies” or looking to trade.
Used to collect marbles when I was a kid. They started to make them with designs inside and it was cool to have a collection of all different kinds. Always had all my pockets full of them ready to shoot marbles and play a game called “keepsies” or looking to trade.
Old license plates. Have them from nearly every state, Canadian tags and foreign looking ones too. Traveled alot when younger which helped. Still have them in my barn now.
Old license plates. Have them from nearly every state, Canadian tags and foreign looking ones too. Traveled alot when younger which helped. Still have them in my barn now.
Matchbox Cars when I was about 7 or 8...
I also collected the Older Lincoln Pennies from 1909-1958 With The Wheat Back One cent Logo on the Tails Side .
I still keep an eye out for those, and I believe I have about 3 or 4 Hundred Of Them
Matchbox Cars when I was about 7 or 8...
I also collected the Older Lincoln Pennies from 1909-1958 With The Wheat Back One cent Logo on the Tails Side .
I still keep an eye out for those, and I believe I have about 3 or 4 Hundred Of Them
Used to collect marbles when I was a kid. They started to make them with designs inside and it was cool to have a collection of all different kinds. Always had all my pockets full of them ready to shoot marbles and play a game called “keepsies” or looking to trade.
"Got any aggies?"
Used to collect marbles when I was a kid. They started to make them with designs inside and it was cool to have a collection of all different kinds. Always had all my pockets full of them ready to shoot marbles and play a game called “keepsies” or looking to trade.
"Got any aggies?"
To the people that collected baseball cards...I was into that as well at one time. I had the Robin Yount and George Brett rookie cards and my uncle who claimed that the cards were worthless garbage even though I presented a strong case at the age of nine...he won out and tossed them. There are eight PSA 10 graded 1975 Topps Brett rookie cards but only three of Yount. There are 222 Bretts rated 9 but only 197 Yount rookies at that level. While Yount’s rookie card brings $1,100-$1,500 in a ‘9’, Brett rookies typically sell for about $500-600 more.
I also remember cut out cards on the bottom of the Hostess Ho Ho boxes, along with collectable RC cola cans with players on them.
To the people that collected baseball cards...I was into that as well at one time. I had the Robin Yount and George Brett rookie cards and my uncle who claimed that the cards were worthless garbage even though I presented a strong case at the age of nine...he won out and tossed them. There are eight PSA 10 graded 1975 Topps Brett rookie cards but only three of Yount. There are 222 Bretts rated 9 but only 197 Yount rookies at that level. While Yount’s rookie card brings $1,100-$1,500 in a ‘9’, Brett rookies typically sell for about $500-600 more.
I also remember cut out cards on the bottom of the Hostess Ho Ho boxes, along with collectable RC cola cans with players on them.
Autographs...A pack of us kids would skip school and go downtown to the AUD ( Buffalo ) during morning skates or when the WWF was in town ...
Hockey players were awesome ..They'd joke with us and sign everything we brought ...Many players would go back in the dressing room and bring back sticks, pucks or hockey gloves ....Rod Langway once gave away all of Pete Peters sticks ( Saying he couldn't handle the puck anyways) ..
The Wrestlers were the best ..I remember Big John Studd picking my large friend up over his head while yelling at him to stay in school ..He then gave us all tickets , and said if we didnt stay in school we would never be able to afford them in future ...
Autographs...A pack of us kids would skip school and go downtown to the AUD ( Buffalo ) during morning skates or when the WWF was in town ...
Hockey players were awesome ..They'd joke with us and sign everything we brought ...Many players would go back in the dressing room and bring back sticks, pucks or hockey gloves ....Rod Langway once gave away all of Pete Peters sticks ( Saying he couldn't handle the puck anyways) ..
The Wrestlers were the best ..I remember Big John Studd picking my large friend up over his head while yelling at him to stay in school ..He then gave us all tickets , and said if we didnt stay in school we would never be able to afford them in future ...
Grew up a Dodgers fan and I remember buying some packs of baseball cards from the ice cream truck and one pack had a small paper poster of Willie Davis. I told my parents "I bet Willie would like to have this!" so they helped me mail it to Dodger stadium.
About a month later it came back autographed and I was disappointed Willie didn't keep it :)
Grew up a Dodgers fan and I remember buying some packs of baseball cards from the ice cream truck and one pack had a small paper poster of Willie Davis. I told my parents "I bet Willie would like to have this!" so they helped me mail it to Dodger stadium.
About a month later it came back autographed and I was disappointed Willie didn't keep it :)
@packersbackers
You beat me to it! Lol
there was nothing better than finding that discarded porn mag back in the day when we were able to ride our bikes outside of our own yard unlike times today where it’s gotten pretty gaaaay! I found a mag on 2 separate occasions before the third grade and to this day it’s hard to top that joy I experienced at those times I discovered GOLD! Hahahaha
@packersbackers
You beat me to it! Lol
there was nothing better than finding that discarded porn mag back in the day when we were able to ride our bikes outside of our own yard unlike times today where it’s gotten pretty gaaaay! I found a mag on 2 separate occasions before the third grade and to this day it’s hard to top that joy I experienced at those times I discovered GOLD! Hahahaha
Stamps had a simple book in 1976 and bought them through Jamestown stamp company.
With my allowance. Nearly filled the book except the first Washington x stamp was just too much.
Lost the book in a move. Kind of glad I didn't buy then 2700 stamp.
Stamps had a simple book in 1976 and bought them through Jamestown stamp company.
With my allowance. Nearly filled the book except the first Washington x stamp was just too much.
Lost the book in a move. Kind of glad I didn't buy then 2700 stamp.
Autographs...A pack of us kids would skip school and go downtown to the AUD ( Buffalo ) during morning skates or when the WWF was in town ... Hockey players were awesome ..They'd joke with us and sign everything we brought ...Many players would go back in the dressing room and bring back sticks, pucks or hockey gloves ....Rod Langway once gave away all of Pete Peters sticks ( Saying he couldn't handle the puck anyways) .. The Wrestlers were the best ..I remember Big John Studd picking my large friend up over his head while yelling at him to stay in school ..He then gave us all tickets , and said if we didnt stay in school we would never be able to afford them in future ...
Back in the good old days when these guys interacted with people and weren't afraid to with 85 cell phones in their faces, soon-to-be uploaded YouTube videos of the encounter, and some frivolous lawsuit (Next on TMZ: Big John Stud picked me up and shattered my weenis...I am suing for $15 million dollars). ![]()
A friend of mine was driven to Joe Louis Arena back in the day by his dad who was going there to buy season tickets that year to the Red Wings. He brought his friend along too. His dad told them to wait in the car while he went inside to purchase the tickets. They were alone in a relatively empty lot when they saw two men looking at them from a distance and whom started walking briskly toward them. They got scared and ducked down inside the car only to soon hear pounding on the windows and shouting. The friend finally got the nerve to sit up and peek out one of the backseat windows, only to find the two men laughing hysterically. It was Gordie Howe and Ted Lindsey having a laugh. They invited the kids outside for handshakes and autographs.
When the dad got back, he didn't believe a word they said until he saw the signatures.
#thegoodolddays #classichockeymen
Autographs...A pack of us kids would skip school and go downtown to the AUD ( Buffalo ) during morning skates or when the WWF was in town ... Hockey players were awesome ..They'd joke with us and sign everything we brought ...Many players would go back in the dressing room and bring back sticks, pucks or hockey gloves ....Rod Langway once gave away all of Pete Peters sticks ( Saying he couldn't handle the puck anyways) .. The Wrestlers were the best ..I remember Big John Studd picking my large friend up over his head while yelling at him to stay in school ..He then gave us all tickets , and said if we didnt stay in school we would never be able to afford them in future ...
Back in the good old days when these guys interacted with people and weren't afraid to with 85 cell phones in their faces, soon-to-be uploaded YouTube videos of the encounter, and some frivolous lawsuit (Next on TMZ: Big John Stud picked me up and shattered my weenis...I am suing for $15 million dollars). ![]()
A friend of mine was driven to Joe Louis Arena back in the day by his dad who was going there to buy season tickets that year to the Red Wings. He brought his friend along too. His dad told them to wait in the car while he went inside to purchase the tickets. They were alone in a relatively empty lot when they saw two men looking at them from a distance and whom started walking briskly toward them. They got scared and ducked down inside the car only to soon hear pounding on the windows and shouting. The friend finally got the nerve to sit up and peek out one of the backseat windows, only to find the two men laughing hysterically. It was Gordie Howe and Ted Lindsey having a laugh. They invited the kids outside for handshakes and autographs.
When the dad got back, he didn't believe a word they said until he saw the signatures.
#thegoodolddays #classichockeymen
My favorite growing up was the NHL Panini sticker albums.
Buying the packs of stickers, trying to fill in each of the players and silver team logos, and hoping you didn't get Dave "Tiger" Williams for the 15th time.
![]()
![]()
![]()
My favorite growing up was the NHL Panini sticker albums.
Buying the packs of stickers, trying to fill in each of the players and silver team logos, and hoping you didn't get Dave "Tiger" Williams for the 15th time.
![]()
![]()
![]()
I collected vintage racing stickers as a kid. I would send a letter to various places randomly .
Funny 90% of the time I would not only get a reply but some very nice pieces, like the highly prized
STP, Hooker Headers and Champion . It was cool back then.
I collected vintage racing stickers as a kid. I would send a letter to various places randomly .
Funny 90% of the time I would not only get a reply but some very nice pieces, like the highly prized
STP, Hooker Headers and Champion . It was cool back then.
Impression of Planet Proxima Centauri with New the stars, Centauri a and Centauri B - Information about Proxima Centauri.
Impression of Planet Proxima Centauri with New the stars, Centauri a and Centauri B - Information about Proxima Centauri.
Impression of Planet Proxima Centauri with New the stars, Centauri a and Centauri B - Information about Proxima Centauri.
Impression of Planet Proxima Centauri with New the stars, Centauri a and Centauri B - Information about Proxima Centauri.
Hot Forum Topics
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
