• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    My First Interaction With A Transgender Person

    12 Next Last»
    Midnight1
    dcbets4lf
    spockgato
    vanzack
    maxwagers781
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 740
    Posts: 34
    12 Next Last»
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Dec. 11, 2023 - 9:25 PM ET #1

    Today the boss & I stopped by a neighborhood ice cream joint to get some for the games tonight. They have a bunch of different ice cream & we tried a couple different spoonful's before deciding what we wanted. 

    I was surprised how long it was taking to fill 2 pints of ice cream & came over to the counter to see what was going on. As I watched the worker, they were having a real hard time scooping out the ice cream from the container below the counter. I said "Boy, your back must kill you at then end of your shift" and they looked up & said "Actually, my feet feel worse." 

    I wasn't sure. I thought "is this a dude or a chick? " and I looked at my wife & she gave the the "Don't say a thing look." But I was transfixed & had to figure out  sex of this person. They had a blonde ponytail, spoke softly almost in a timid way, small looking hands that looked dainty/soft, the voice wasn't a giveaway & then when they turned away to package our ice cream, I saw it.

    I saw her bra strap coming through the back of her shirt. We paid the bill & went to the car. I started to ask my wife and she said "yes, they are transgender." I said "Fuck, wow!" 

    My wife had visited the place after seeing the movie "Holdovers" with a girlfriend. Her girlfriend has a way of asking questions without being intrusive & learned her name was Brenda & had been named Brandon before the transition. She has been working there for about 2 months & got the job through her church connection.

    Now, we live in a very conservative part of South Florida where residents loyally fly their Trump flags & litter their cards with his bumper stickers. So I give props to Brenda & to the owner of the ice cream store who had the guts to hire Brenda & to Brenda for working in a community that isn't very accepting of others. I will continue to frequent this store & support those in transition.

    peace_5

     

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Today the boss & I stopped by a neighborhood ice cream joint to get some for the games tonight. They have a bunch of different ice cream & we tried a couple different spoonful's before deciding what we wanted. 

    I was surprised how long it was taking to fill 2 pints of ice cream & came over to the counter to see what was going on. As I watched the worker, they were having a real hard time scooping out the ice cream from the container below the counter. I said "Boy, your back must kill you at then end of your shift" and they looked up & said "Actually, my feet feel worse." 

    I wasn't sure. I thought "is this a dude or a chick? " and I looked at my wife & she gave the the "Don't say a thing look." But I was transfixed & had to figure out  sex of this person. They had a blonde ponytail, spoke softly almost in a timid way, small looking hands that looked dainty/soft, the voice wasn't a giveaway & then when they turned away to package our ice cream, I saw it.

    I saw her bra strap coming through the back of her shirt. We paid the bill & went to the car. I started to ask my wife and she said "yes, they are transgender." I said "Fuck, wow!" 

    My wife had visited the place after seeing the movie "Holdovers" with a girlfriend. Her girlfriend has a way of asking questions without being intrusive & learned her name was Brenda & had been named Brandon before the transition. She has been working there for about 2 months & got the job through her church connection.

    Now, we live in a very conservative part of South Florida where residents loyally fly their Trump flags & litter their cards with his bumper stickers. So I give props to Brenda & to the owner of the ice cream store who had the guts to hire Brenda & to Brenda for working in a community that isn't very accepting of others. I will continue to frequent this store & support those in transition.

    peace_5

     

     
    dcbets4lf
    dcbets4lf
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2023
    Posts: 600
    Posted: Dec. 11, 2023 - 10:06 PM ET #2

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Today the boss & I stopped by a neighborhood ice cream joint to get some for the games tonight. They have a bunch of different ice cream & we tried a couple different spoonful's before deciding what we wanted.  I was surprised how long it was taking to fill 2 pints of ice cream & came over to the counter to see what was going on. As I watched the worker, they were having a real hard time scooping out the ice cream from the container below the counter. I said "Boy, your back must kill you at then end of your shift" and they looked up & said "Actually, my feet feel worse."  I wasn't sure. I thought "is this a dude or a chick? " and I looked at my wife & she gave the the "Don't say a thing look." But I was transfixed & had to figure out  sex of this person. They had a blonde ponytail, spoke softly almost in a timid way, small looking hands that looked dainty/soft, the voice wasn't a giveaway & then when they turned away to package our ice cream, I saw it. I saw her bra strap coming through the back of her shirt. We paid the bill & went to the car. I started to ask my wife and she said "yes, they are transgender." I said "Fuck, wow!"  My wife had visited the place after seeing the movie "Holdovers" with a girlfriend. Her girlfriend has a way of asking questions without being intrusive & learned her name was Brenda & had been named Brandon before the transition. She has been working there for about 2 months & got the job through her church connection. Now, we live in a very conservative part of South Florida where residents loyally fly their Trump flags & litter their cards with his bumper stickers. So I give props to Brenda & to the owner of the ice cream store who had the guts to hire Brenda & to Brenda for working in a community that isn't very accepting of others. I will continue to frequent this store & support those in transition.

     

    interesting. commend you for your candor. i'm in another part of the country where this stuff is just part of everyday life. not making fun of you or your post, just feel like why? this is normal for others in other parts of the country

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Today the boss & I stopped by a neighborhood ice cream joint to get some for the games tonight. They have a bunch of different ice cream & we tried a couple different spoonful's before deciding what we wanted.  I was surprised how long it was taking to fill 2 pints of ice cream & came over to the counter to see what was going on. As I watched the worker, they were having a real hard time scooping out the ice cream from the container below the counter. I said "Boy, your back must kill you at then end of your shift" and they looked up & said "Actually, my feet feel worse."  I wasn't sure. I thought "is this a dude or a chick? " and I looked at my wife & she gave the the "Don't say a thing look." But I was transfixed & had to figure out  sex of this person. They had a blonde ponytail, spoke softly almost in a timid way, small looking hands that looked dainty/soft, the voice wasn't a giveaway & then when they turned away to package our ice cream, I saw it. I saw her bra strap coming through the back of her shirt. We paid the bill & went to the car. I started to ask my wife and she said "yes, they are transgender." I said "Fuck, wow!"  My wife had visited the place after seeing the movie "Holdovers" with a girlfriend. Her girlfriend has a way of asking questions without being intrusive & learned her name was Brenda & had been named Brandon before the transition. She has been working there for about 2 months & got the job through her church connection. Now, we live in a very conservative part of South Florida where residents loyally fly their Trump flags & litter their cards with his bumper stickers. So I give props to Brenda & to the owner of the ice cream store who had the guts to hire Brenda & to Brenda for working in a community that isn't very accepting of others. I will continue to frequent this store & support those in transition.

     

    interesting. commend you for your candor. i'm in another part of the country where this stuff is just part of everyday life. not making fun of you or your post, just feel like why? this is normal for others in other parts of the country

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Dec. 11, 2023 - 11:00 PM ET #3

    @dcbets4lf

     Why? Because I described the community in which I live. 

    Now, I can take a drive down to Wilton Manors in Lauderdale or Miami & I would see what you see everyday.

    It's so unique I believe the owner & Brenda basically said to our town "we're here & we're not going anywhere."

    It's rare to see courage in people & today that's what I saw.

    Reply

    @dcbets4lf

     Why? Because I described the community in which I live. 

    Now, I can take a drive down to Wilton Manors in Lauderdale or Miami & I would see what you see everyday.

    It's so unique I believe the owner & Brenda basically said to our town "we're here & we're not going anywhere."

    It's rare to see courage in people & today that's what I saw.

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2023 - 10:03 AM ET #4

    Problems and work . That’s life . I’m glad that you have an open mind . More people should be like you . I applaud courage as well , and I use it to speak out against things even though it goes “ against the grain “ . I catch a lot of heat for that , but without risk there is no reward . It’s encouraging that you and I are on the same page in that regards , because most of the time it takes people like us , with our actions and beliefs setting the example , to make those changes that are so desperately needed in today’s society . You are a stand up man brother . One . 

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    Problems and work . That’s life . I’m glad that you have an open mind . More people should be like you . I applaud courage as well , and I use it to speak out against things even though it goes “ against the grain “ . I catch a lot of heat for that , but without risk there is no reward . It’s encouraging that you and I are on the same page in that regards , because most of the time it takes people like us , with our actions and beliefs setting the example , to make those changes that are so desperately needed in today’s society . You are a stand up man brother . One . 

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2023 - 6:47 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by spockgato:

    Problems and work . That’s life . I’m glad that you have an open mind . More people should be like you . I applaud courage as well , and I use it to speak out against things even though it goes “ against the grain “ . I catch a lot of heat for that , but without risk there is no reward . It’s encouraging that you and I are on the same page in that regards , because most of the time it takes people like us , with our actions and beliefs setting the example , to make those changes that are so desperately needed in today’s society . You are a stand up man brother . One .

    goodpost

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by spockgato:

    Problems and work . That’s life . I’m glad that you have an open mind . More people should be like you . I applaud courage as well , and I use it to speak out against things even though it goes “ against the grain “ . I catch a lot of heat for that , but without risk there is no reward . It’s encouraging that you and I are on the same page in that regards , because most of the time it takes people like us , with our actions and beliefs setting the example , to make those changes that are so desperately needed in today’s society . You are a stand up man brother . One .

    goodpost

     
    maxwagers781
    maxwagers781
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2020
    Posts: 3276
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2023 - 7:58 PM ET #6

    @Midnight1

     

     transgender awareness week passed last month but it's not too late to show your support. follow the link and research events to be involved. peace_5

     https://glaad.org/transweek/

    Nuthin but a g thang baby
    Reply

    @Midnight1

     

     transgender awareness week passed last month but it's not too late to show your support. follow the link and research events to be involved. peace_5

     https://glaad.org/transweek/

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2023 - 9:27 PM ET #7

    @maxwagers781

     Thanks for the link but nah, I'm not looking to be a crusader. I have my hands full supporting other causes. I shared the experience because I found it an excellent example of accepting others rather than looking to blow their heads off. 

    Reply

    @maxwagers781

     Thanks for the link but nah, I'm not looking to be a crusader. I have my hands full supporting other causes. I shared the experience because I found it an excellent example of accepting others rather than looking to blow their heads off. 

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2023 - 9:44 PM ET #8

    Well said midnight peace_5

    I couldn’t agree more .

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    Well said midnight peace_5

    I couldn’t agree more .

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2023 - 4:36 PM ET #9

    I visited the ice cream place today to get some for my grandchildren for this weekend. The owner was working, so I asked about Brenda & learned she had quit to work at an Amazon Fulfillment center for better wages & no weekend/nights work.

    The owner shared that Brenda just wasn't ready for customer interaction during her transition. At first I felt bad but then realized "Hell, she's making more money & no more weekend/night hours." 

    It's tough out there!

    Reply

    I visited the ice cream place today to get some for my grandchildren for this weekend. The owner was working, so I asked about Brenda & learned she had quit to work at an Amazon Fulfillment center for better wages & no weekend/nights work.

    The owner shared that Brenda just wasn't ready for customer interaction during her transition. At first I felt bad but then realized "Hell, she's making more money & no more weekend/night hours." 

    It's tough out there!

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2023 - 8:58 PM ET #10

    I remember my first interaction with s transgender person.

    an_wink

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    I remember my first interaction with s transgender person.

    an_wink

     
    thirdperson
    thirdperson
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2005
    Posts: 9453
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2023 - 2:53 PM ET #11

    Gender affirming healthcare is considered safe, effective and medically necessary by American medical association and American academy of pediatrics.  Yet, some states restrict access for minors suffering from gender dysphoria.  Including criminal penalties against doctors and parents who help minors.  Sad that governments believe they know what is better for youth than parents and doctors.  Fortunately, some governors have vetoed bills banning gender affirming care.

    Reply

    Gender affirming healthcare is considered safe, effective and medically necessary by American medical association and American academy of pediatrics.  Yet, some states restrict access for minors suffering from gender dysphoria.  Including criminal penalties against doctors and parents who help minors.  Sad that governments believe they know what is better for youth than parents and doctors.  Fortunately, some governors have vetoed bills banning gender affirming care.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2023 - 3:37 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdperson:

    Gender affirming healthcare is considered safe, effective and medically necessary by American medical association and American academy of pediatrics.  Yet, some states restrict access for minors suffering from gender dysphoria.  Including criminal penalties against doctors and parents who help minors.  Sad that governments believe they know what is better for youth than parents and doctors.  Fortunately, some governors have vetoed bills banning gender affirming care.

    This issue isn't so cut and dry and you're opening up a can of worms by even bringing it up.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdperson:

    Gender affirming healthcare is considered safe, effective and medically necessary by American medical association and American academy of pediatrics.  Yet, some states restrict access for minors suffering from gender dysphoria.  Including criminal penalties against doctors and parents who help minors.  Sad that governments believe they know what is better for youth than parents and doctors.  Fortunately, some governors have vetoed bills banning gender affirming care.

    This issue isn't so cut and dry and you're opening up a can of worms by even bringing it up.

     
    Cowbeagle
    Cowbeagle
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2016
    Posts: 469
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2023 - 3:53 PM ET #13

    Not a negative comment, I am 57, and have worked as a repair man for the past 40 years. Had a job at a Starbucks and out of natural respect addressed the manager as sir, he had a beard but was wearing a skirt with leggings , they got very  angry and yelled that they are a she. completed my work there and asked to be signed out by this person on my tablet, they  refused, and later in day my secretary informed me that a complaint had been filed through Starbucks Corporate. Owner of my company was not mad, understood situation and just advised not to address anyone as Ma’am or Sir again , never heard again about the complaint, but always have to omit gender terms 

    Reply

    Not a negative comment, I am 57, and have worked as a repair man for the past 40 years. Had a job at a Starbucks and out of natural respect addressed the manager as sir, he had a beard but was wearing a skirt with leggings , they got very  angry and yelled that they are a she. completed my work there and asked to be signed out by this person on my tablet, they  refused, and later in day my secretary informed me that a complaint had been filed through Starbucks Corporate. Owner of my company was not mad, understood situation and just advised not to address anyone as Ma’am or Sir again , never heard again about the complaint, but always have to omit gender terms 

     
    thirdperson
    thirdperson
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2005
    Posts: 9453
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2023 - 8:10 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    This issue isn't so cut and dry and you're opening up a can of worms by even bringing it up.

    A disinformation campaign is behind discriminatory laws that paint gender affirming healthcare as child abuse.  In the US, all major medical associations support gender affirming care.  Truth is that access to healthcare improves mental health and lack of access increases risk of suicide.  No treatment is provided to prepubescent children.  Treatments can be years long.  They begin only after extensive counseling, assessments and informed consents of patients, parents and doctors.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    This issue isn't so cut and dry and you're opening up a can of worms by even bringing it up.

    A disinformation campaign is behind discriminatory laws that paint gender affirming healthcare as child abuse.  In the US, all major medical associations support gender affirming care.  Truth is that access to healthcare improves mental health and lack of access increases risk of suicide.  No treatment is provided to prepubescent children.  Treatments can be years long.  They begin only after extensive counseling, assessments and informed consents of patients, parents and doctors.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2023 - 10:16 PM ET #15

    @Cowbeagle

     That is one hell of a story. Did your company make it clear as to how you should address people in the future? Miss & sir are no longer acceptable? WTF?

    How is that your fault not knowing their sex? It's no longer relatively easy to do so.

    I doubt that it was the first time she's been called "sir."

    Props to you to your boss for handling it properly & not succumb to a big account like Starbucks. an_clap

    Can a Covers member active in the LGBTQ community share their views on the incident?

     

    Reply

    @Cowbeagle

     That is one hell of a story. Did your company make it clear as to how you should address people in the future? Miss & sir are no longer acceptable? WTF?

    How is that your fault not knowing their sex? It's no longer relatively easy to do so.

    I doubt that it was the first time she's been called "sir."

    Props to you to your boss for handling it properly & not succumb to a big account like Starbucks. an_clap

    Can a Covers member active in the LGBTQ community share their views on the incident?

     

     
    Cowbeagle
    Cowbeagle
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2016
    Posts: 469
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2024 - 10:38 AM ET #16

    @Midnight1

     

    Thanks for the understanding words, The sex was definitely male, but identified as a female and it was impossible to know that. After 40 years working, it’s hard to not to be old-school and have respect by addressing as sir or Ma’am, which requested that’s what I must do. Basically, we have to alter our way of addressing people as not to hurt that community. I would have no problem, addressing a person by their first name . Yes, agree, would love to hear a member of the LGBT communities opinion on a situation like this

    Reply

    @Midnight1

     

    Thanks for the understanding words, The sex was definitely male, but identified as a female and it was impossible to know that. After 40 years working, it’s hard to not to be old-school and have respect by addressing as sir or Ma’am, which requested that’s what I must do. Basically, we have to alter our way of addressing people as not to hurt that community. I would have no problem, addressing a person by their first name . Yes, agree, would love to hear a member of the LGBT communities opinion on a situation like this

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 3, 2024 - 12:35 PM ET #17

    @Cowbeagle

     In the same vein, during the holidays we met with a couple & their kids. I made the mistake of congratulating their daughter on her pregnancy,

    One small problem, she wasn't pregnant. 

    My wife gave me a look that was a kill shot.

    Reply

    @Cowbeagle

     In the same vein, during the holidays we met with a couple & their kids. I made the mistake of congratulating their daughter on her pregnancy,

    One small problem, she wasn't pregnant. 

    My wife gave me a look that was a kill shot.

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2024 - 12:52 AM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    @Cowbeagle  In the same vein, during the holidays we met with a couple & their kids. I made the mistake of congratulating their daughter on her pregnancy, One small problem, she wasn't pregnant.  My wife gave me a look that was a kill shot.

    Bruh.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    @Cowbeagle  In the same vein, during the holidays we met with a couple & their kids. I made the mistake of congratulating their daughter on her pregnancy, One small problem, she wasn't pregnant.  My wife gave me a look that was a kill shot.

    Bruh.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2024 - 2:25 PM ET #19

    @StumpTownStu

     I know I know but she had that "glow" & when I hugged her hello, her belly was as hard as a rock.

    Not wise not wise...

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     I know I know but she had that "glow" & when I hugged her hello, her belly was as hard as a rock.

    Not wise not wise...

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2024 - 4:29 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    @StumpTownStu  I know I know but she had that "glow" & when I hugged her hello, her belly was as hard as a rock. Not wise not wise...

    If she was preggers, wifey probably would've given you the heads up in advance. If no heads up given, proceed to asking said wife under your breath. It's literally in the handbook.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    @StumpTownStu  I know I know but she had that "glow" & when I hugged her hello, her belly was as hard as a rock. Not wise not wise...

    If she was preggers, wifey probably would've given you the heads up in advance. If no heads up given, proceed to asking said wife under your breath. It's literally in the handbook.

     
    Mark_The_Narc
    Mark_The_Narc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 1987
    Posted: Jan. 4, 2024 - 7:58 PM ET #21

    At the end of the day it really comes down to the Golden Rule. Treat others as you'd want them to treat you. That's the way I have interacted with those in the transgender community and your conscience tells you to treat them with respect. Or at least it should.

    Reply

    At the end of the day it really comes down to the Golden Rule. Treat others as you'd want them to treat you. That's the way I have interacted with those in the transgender community and your conscience tells you to treat them with respect. Or at least it should.

     
    Timealker
    Timealker
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2021
    Posts: 1160
    Posted: Jan. 6, 2024 - 11:26 AM ET #22

    @Mark_The_Narc

     Definitely agree, however, much like several posts here, had the unfortunate incident of also “ misgendering” unknowingly, and the person got very offended. Honestly think some young ones are doing this just “ because “

    Reply

    @Mark_The_Narc

     Definitely agree, however, much like several posts here, had the unfortunate incident of also “ misgendering” unknowingly, and the person got very offended. Honestly think some young ones are doing this just “ because “

     
    punta
    punta
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 1077
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2024 - 5:30 PM ET #23

    I don't care whyband whatever is the reason.the lbgtq+ people are the best i hv worked with since being in canada and usa for 30 years.they r more patient,calmer and rational,no matter the pressure. I hv been waiting for an opportunity to say this from my detsiled observations. I hv encountered a lot of hostility from many other groups but none from the lgbtq+.

    We need them in our community to remind us to keep our actions in check.everyone is inclusive.

     

    Reply

    I don't care whyband whatever is the reason.the lbgtq+ people are the best i hv worked with since being in canada and usa for 30 years.they r more patient,calmer and rational,no matter the pressure. I hv been waiting for an opportunity to say this from my detsiled observations. I hv encountered a lot of hostility from many other groups but none from the lgbtq+.

    We need them in our community to remind us to keep our actions in check.everyone is inclusive.

     

     
    benhogan76
    benhogan76
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2008
    Posts: 63859
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2024 - 5:28 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by spockgato:

    Problems and work . That’s life . I’m glad that you have an open mind . More people should be like you . I applaud courage as well , and I use it to speak out against things even though it goes “ against the grain “ . I catch a lot of heat for that , but without risk there is no reward . It’s encouraging that you and I are on the same page in that regards , because most of the time it takes people like us , with our actions and beliefs setting the example , to make those changes that are so desperately needed in today’s society . You are a stand up man brother . One .
    Possible I miss judged you. peace_5

    We should stop eating bananas.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by spockgato:

    Problems and work . That’s life . I’m glad that you have an open mind . More people should be like you . I applaud courage as well , and I use it to speak out against things even though it goes “ against the grain “ . I catch a lot of heat for that , but without risk there is no reward . It’s encouraging that you and I are on the same page in that regards , because most of the time it takes people like us , with our actions and beliefs setting the example , to make those changes that are so desperately needed in today’s society . You are a stand up man brother . One .
    Possible I miss judged you. peace_5

     
     
    soup-can
    soup-can
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 9450
    Posted: Jan. 13, 2024 - 3:41 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdperson:

    Gender affirming healthcare is considered safe, effective and medically necessary by American medical association and American academy of pediatrics.  Yet, some states restrict access for minors suffering from gender dysphoria.  Including criminal penalties against doctors and parents who help minors.  Sad that governments believe they know what is better for youth than parents and doctors.  Fortunately, some governors have vetoed bills banning gender affirming care.
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdperson:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: This issue isn't so cut and dry and you're opening up a can of worms by even bringing it up. A disinformation campaign is behind discriminatory laws that paint gender affirming healthcare as child abuse.  In the US, all major medical associations support gender affirming care.  Truth is that access to healthcare improves mental health and lack of access increases risk of suicide.  No treatment is provided to prepubescent children.  Treatments can be years long.  They begin only after extensive counseling, assessments and informed consents of patients, parents and doctors.

     

    Wow this is like a minefield of a topic.  So my question is why in these states that pass legislation on the minors suffering from gender dysphoria restrict boys the same age when it comes to playing school football.  Parents have to sign waivers for sports playing but on the flip side parents have no say over their kids( a minor) over castration which is irreversible.  I think a major point that's not being talked about with this trans movement is who is profiting, this is big $$ for pharma who supplies non FDA approved drugs like puberty blockers and such, also the surgeons that specialize in this.  Ten years ago, before they/them the phrase was cross dresser or transvestite.  Chick with a ....

    Could there be a disconnect in the mind that tells the boy they are a girl in some cases, absolutely.  But there's like 700 thousand registered trans in the last 10 years, that number is staggering if you look at the $$ side of it and consider the media push as well

    just my opinion  

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdperson:

    Gender affirming healthcare is considered safe, effective and medically necessary by American medical association and American academy of pediatrics.  Yet, some states restrict access for minors suffering from gender dysphoria.  Including criminal penalties against doctors and parents who help minors.  Sad that governments believe they know what is better for youth than parents and doctors.  Fortunately, some governors have vetoed bills banning gender affirming care.
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdperson:

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu: This issue isn't so cut and dry and you're opening up a can of worms by even bringing it up. A disinformation campaign is behind discriminatory laws that paint gender affirming healthcare as child abuse.  In the US, all major medical associations support gender affirming care.  Truth is that access to healthcare improves mental health and lack of access increases risk of suicide.  No treatment is provided to prepubescent children.  Treatments can be years long.  They begin only after extensive counseling, assessments and informed consents of patients, parents and doctors.

     

    Wow this is like a minefield of a topic.  So my question is why in these states that pass legislation on the minors suffering from gender dysphoria restrict boys the same age when it comes to playing school football.  Parents have to sign waivers for sports playing but on the flip side parents have no say over their kids( a minor) over castration which is irreversible.  I think a major point that's not being talked about with this trans movement is who is profiting, this is big $$ for pharma who supplies non FDA approved drugs like puberty blockers and such, also the surgeons that specialize in this.  Ten years ago, before they/them the phrase was cross dresser or transvestite.  Chick with a ....

    Could there be a disconnect in the mind that tells the boy they are a girl in some cases, absolutely.  But there's like 700 thousand registered trans in the last 10 years, that number is staggering if you look at the $$ side of it and consider the media push as well

    just my opinion  

     

    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,819
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 437
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,583
    • MLB Playoffs 16,113
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,107
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,368
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,226
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331
    • HarDix's Big Bet................. 5,500

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.