Unconfirmed reports out of Vegas has 50,000 deposits put down on season tickets in the first 24 hours. Stadium seats 65,000
Probably fake news by the Raiders organization. They could not even sell out their own stadium. So now there are 30-40K Raider fans all over the country eager to buy season tickets. I bet half of them don't even know their is a PSL fee's. Once that fee comes out 80% of them will not buy.
Mayweather bet 450000 on
Quote Originally Posted by mbialowas:
Unconfirmed reports out of Vegas has 50,000 deposits put down on season tickets in the first 24 hours. Stadium seats 65,000
Probably fake news by the Raiders organization. They could not even sell out their own stadium. So now there are 30-40K Raider fans all over the country eager to buy season tickets. I bet half of them don't even know their is a PSL fee's. Once that fee comes out 80% of them will not buy.
Better question is when will the Raiders realize the Vegas market cannot support the revenue required to profitably run their football team?
The Vegas market? You mean the unique football town that is also a top vacation/weekend getaway spot? That stadium will have a ton of locals and the rest will be weekenders from out of town. Cant support the revenue? Have you been to vegas? Cleveland has a football team. Cleveland can support a football team. Have you been to Cleveland?
That stadium will be sold out every game no problem.
Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:
Better question is when will the Raiders realize the Vegas market cannot support the revenue required to profitably run their football team?
The Vegas market? You mean the unique football town that is also a top vacation/weekend getaway spot? That stadium will have a ton of locals and the rest will be weekenders from out of town. Cant support the revenue? Have you been to vegas? Cleveland has a football team. Cleveland can support a football team. Have you been to Cleveland?
That stadium will be sold out every game no problem.
How many professional teams has the Vegas market supported over its history?
Cleveland has a loyal LOCAL fan base, I do not believe that the LOCAL Vegas population will support an NFL team to the revenue numbers required to make it work long term.
So how many real professional teams has Vegas supported?
Farm league teams do not count btw...
How many professional teams has the Vegas market supported over its history?
Cleveland has a loyal LOCAL fan base, I do not believe that the LOCAL Vegas population will support an NFL team to the revenue numbers required to make it work long term.
So how many real professional teams has Vegas supported?
How many professional teams has the Vegas market supported over its history?
Cleveland has a loyal LOCAL fan base, I do not believe that the LOCAL Vegas population will support an NFL team to the revenue numbers required to make it work long term.
So how many real professional teams has Vegas supported?
Farm league teams do not count btw...
Silly argument since no professional teams wanted to be connected/close to Vegas/gambling .....
Times have changed. There is more money flowing through Vegas on a weekly from non residents than Cleveland sees from "tourists" all year.
You think Vegas cant handle 8 games a year? Really?
Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:
How many professional teams has the Vegas market supported over its history?
Cleveland has a loyal LOCAL fan base, I do not believe that the LOCAL Vegas population will support an NFL team to the revenue numbers required to make it work long term.
So how many real professional teams has Vegas supported?
Farm league teams do not count btw...
Silly argument since no professional teams wanted to be connected/close to Vegas/gambling .....
Times have changed. There is more money flowing through Vegas on a weekly from non residents than Cleveland sees from "tourists" all year.
You think Vegas cant handle 8 games a year? Really?
LA is pretty big....saw PLENTY of open seats at the Rams home games this year.....
Perfect point..
LA has a history of following a winner and dogging a loser, so not sure what you are trying to say.
I am saying that Vegas has a small migrant population that has little income (casino workers etc) a large retiree population who does not have the income, a large working class population who has a lower median income and will not support an uproot team that is not successful especially say 5-7 yrs out in time..
The visitor angle has some interest but people go to Vegas to gamble and golf, most people are not from areas without a professional football team who they already support.
The long term support must come from the local market, the people living and working there..and I do not see that as a large enough market to support an NFL team.
Also you do know that the metro Cleveland population is just a slight bit larger than Vegas right? They also have a LONG history of supporting an NFL team...you might as well tried to use Green Bay as a small market who supports an NFL team.
Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:
LA is pretty big....saw PLENTY of open seats at the Rams home games this year.....
Perfect point..
LA has a history of following a winner and dogging a loser, so not sure what you are trying to say.
I am saying that Vegas has a small migrant population that has little income (casino workers etc) a large retiree population who does not have the income, a large working class population who has a lower median income and will not support an uproot team that is not successful especially say 5-7 yrs out in time..
The visitor angle has some interest but people go to Vegas to gamble and golf, most people are not from areas without a professional football team who they already support.
The long term support must come from the local market, the people living and working there..and I do not see that as a large enough market to support an NFL team.
Also you do know that the metro Cleveland population is just a slight bit larger than Vegas right? They also have a LONG history of supporting an NFL team...you might as well tried to use Green Bay as a small market who supports an NFL team.
Not gonna argue brother. Not worth it.You are always right on here, and always have been, Vegas has something that no other NFL team has....something to do before and after the game.....I think you are highly underestimating the out of state money. How many people are going to plan their Vegas trips around their teams road game in Vegas?
A lot.
Not gonna argue brother. Not worth it.You are always right on here, and always have been, Vegas has something that no other NFL team has....something to do before and after the game.....I think you are highly underestimating the out of state money. How many people are going to plan their Vegas trips around their teams road game in Vegas?
The stands will be packed full of gamblers EVERY game, just don't know how many will be RAIDERS fans. This is crazy. Imagine getting drafted at 21 years old by the LAS VEGAS Raiders....casinos and whooores everywhere. Crazy
Wonder if Manziel will try out for team?
Gotta go pee!
Quote Originally Posted by LarryWayne10:
The stands will be packed full of gamblers EVERY game, just don't know how many will be RAIDERS fans. This is crazy. Imagine getting drafted at 21 years old by the LAS VEGAS Raiders....casinos and whooores everywhere. Crazy
How many professional teams has the Vegas market supported over its history?
Cleveland has a loyal LOCAL fan base, I do not believe that the LOCAL Vegas population will support an NFL team to the revenue numbers required to make it work long term.
So how many real professional teams has Vegas supported?
Farm league teams do not count btw...
Want to make a wager on them selling out the entire first year? I think they do no problem.
Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:
How many professional teams has the Vegas market supported over its history?
Cleveland has a loyal LOCAL fan base, I do not believe that the LOCAL Vegas population will support an NFL team to the revenue numbers required to make it work long term.
So how many real professional teams has Vegas supported?
Farm league teams do not count btw...
Want to make a wager on them selling out the entire first year? I think they do no problem.
Want to make a wager on them selling out the entire first year? I think they do no problem.
Where did I say first year? I think I said the local market cannot support an NFL team long term, in the short term it will be fine.
Also selling seats is not the only source of revenue the teams count on, for sure the local TV market contract will not be massive because the population is small and there is not enough demand.
If the team is a contender every single year, yeah they can survive but if they revert back to the historical performance I think they will struggle in Vegas.
Unlike many other teams, the metro Vegas market is clearly defined, it cannot really expand and is limited.
Also, if the economy ever does begin to soften, Vegas is hit first and worst...when the housing market got hit, Vegas got destroyed and the casinos really got kicked for a long long time.
Quote Originally Posted by mbialowas:
Want to make a wager on them selling out the entire first year? I think they do no problem.
Where did I say first year? I think I said the local market cannot support an NFL team long term, in the short term it will be fine.
Also selling seats is not the only source of revenue the teams count on, for sure the local TV market contract will not be massive because the population is small and there is not enough demand.
If the team is a contender every single year, yeah they can survive but if they revert back to the historical performance I think they will struggle in Vegas.
Unlike many other teams, the metro Vegas market is clearly defined, it cannot really expand and is limited.
Also, if the economy ever does begin to soften, Vegas is hit first and worst...when the housing market got hit, Vegas got destroyed and the casinos really got kicked for a long long time.
Oaklands attendance can't get much worse. Here's the list of where the Raiders stand in average home game attendance rank 1 - 32. Percentage of stadium filled rank is about the same.This does not include any international home games
Corporate and casino's will carry the load in good times and bad a lot better than Oakland every did this century. Url at the bottom.
2016 32nd
2015 30
2014 32
2013 32
2012 32
2011 29
2010 32
2009 32
2008 31
https://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2016
Walstreetcap
Oaklands attendance can't get much worse. Here's the list of where the Raiders stand in average home game attendance rank 1 - 32. Percentage of stadium filled rank is about the same.This does not include any international home games
Corporate and casino's will carry the load in good times and bad a lot better than Oakland every did this century. Url at the bottom.
I use to live in Las Vegas.Did you ever see Las Vegas Blvd, South of Sahara, on a Friday in November?? Its a parking lot,I could walk from the Sahara to the Mirage faster then those folks could drive it.On the weekends during Football Season the population of Las Vegas peaks at 7 million.
I use to live in Las Vegas.Did you ever see Las Vegas Blvd, South of Sahara, on a Friday in November?? Its a parking lot,I could walk from the Sahara to the Mirage faster then those folks could drive it.On the weekends during Football Season the population of Las Vegas peaks at 7 million.
Little off topic but is it true that only around 20% of revenue comes from gambling in the big hotel casinos? That's what Mr Wynn said on a documentary I watched some time ago.
Little off topic but is it true that only around 20% of revenue comes from gambling in the big hotel casinos? That's what Mr Wynn said on a documentary I watched some time ago.
We've never had a "professional sports team" The Las Vegas 51's actually draw decent for a minor league baseball team in a crap stadium in a crap location. They are getting a new stadium next to the Knights practice facility near the Red Rock casino in Summerlin. The Wranglers hockey team always drew well and these were minor league teams.
The AFL and XFL. I actually enjoyed the XFL but they rushed the product. I think the AFL only has 8 teams now. Being there are Raiders fans so close and a ton of people moved here from California, the stadium will absolutely be filled between, locals, transplants, and fans left over making the short drive from California. I mean when they play Denver here over the years that will always sell out. Chiefs fans will probably travel. Hell Charger fans will probably book a Vegas trip.
I would assume also when teams with huge fan bases come to to town they will travel well. The TV network will be interesting as that will have to come fast with the Golden Knights starting soon. I don't know. The stadium is gonna be incredible. I think they will do well.
We've never had a "professional sports team" The Las Vegas 51's actually draw decent for a minor league baseball team in a crap stadium in a crap location. They are getting a new stadium next to the Knights practice facility near the Red Rock casino in Summerlin. The Wranglers hockey team always drew well and these were minor league teams.
The AFL and XFL. I actually enjoyed the XFL but they rushed the product. I think the AFL only has 8 teams now. Being there are Raiders fans so close and a ton of people moved here from California, the stadium will absolutely be filled between, locals, transplants, and fans left over making the short drive from California. I mean when they play Denver here over the years that will always sell out. Chiefs fans will probably travel. Hell Charger fans will probably book a Vegas trip.
I would assume also when teams with huge fan bases come to to town they will travel well. The TV network will be interesting as that will have to come fast with the Golden Knights starting soon. I don't know. The stadium is gonna be incredible. I think they will do well.
LA has a history of following a winner and dogging a loser, so not sure what you are trying to say.
I am saying that Vegas has a small migrant population that has little income (casino workers etc) a large retiree population who does not have the income, a large working class population who has a lower median income and will not support an uproot team that is not successful especially say 5-7 yrs out in time..
The visitor angle has some interest but people go to Vegas to gamble and golf, most people are not from areas without a professional football team who they already support.
The long term support must come from the local market, the people living and working there..and I do not see that as a large enough market to support an NFL team.
Also you do know that the metro Cleveland population is just a slight bit larger than Vegas right? They also have a LONG history of supporting an NFL team...you might as well tried to use Green Bay as a small market who supports an NFL team.
You forgot to list the mormons who also make part of the population in vegas.
Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:
Perfect point..
LA has a history of following a winner and dogging a loser, so not sure what you are trying to say.
I am saying that Vegas has a small migrant population that has little income (casino workers etc) a large retiree population who does not have the income, a large working class population who has a lower median income and will not support an uproot team that is not successful especially say 5-7 yrs out in time..
The visitor angle has some interest but people go to Vegas to gamble and golf, most people are not from areas without a professional football team who they already support.
The long term support must come from the local market, the people living and working there..and I do not see that as a large enough market to support an NFL team.
Also you do know that the metro Cleveland population is just a slight bit larger than Vegas right? They also have a LONG history of supporting an NFL team...you might as well tried to use Green Bay as a small market who supports an NFL team.
You forgot to list the mormons who also make part of the population in vegas.
Not gonna argue brother. Not worth it.You are always right on here, and always have been, Vegas has something that no other NFL team has....something to do before and after the game.....I think you are highly underestimating the out of state money. How many people are going to plan their Vegas trips around their teams road game in Vegas?
A lot.
Bullseye!
Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:
Not gonna argue brother. Not worth it.You are always right on here, and always have been, Vegas has something that no other NFL team has....something to do before and after the game.....I think you are highly underestimating the out of state money. How many people are going to plan their Vegas trips around their teams road game in Vegas?
Little off topic but is it true that only around 20% of revenue comes from gambling in the big hotel casinos? That's what Mr Wynn said on a documentary I watched some time ago.
He said that? Perfect way to rope in the gambler minimizing their impact on the casino's bottom line.
Little off topic but is it true that only around 20% of revenue comes from gambling in the big hotel casinos? That's what Mr Wynn said on a documentary I watched some time ago.
He said that? Perfect way to rope in the gambler minimizing their impact on the casino's bottom line.