That just shows your not from the Bay. The tenderloin isn't a rough neighborhood like where i'm from in Oakland. It's just dirty. I've walked all through the tenderloin at all hours of the night. Solo. The tenderloin isn't even what's considered bad for SF. It's just infested with homelessness and drugs.
R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
That just shows your not from the Bay. The tenderloin isn't a rough neighborhood like where i'm from in Oakland. It's just dirty. I've walked all through the tenderloin at all hours of the night. Solo. The tenderloin isn't even what's considered bad for SF. It's just infested with homelessness and drugs.
Might want to check with your cities regulations ..many cities have passed laws against feeding or handing out free food to the homeless and it has been banned in major cities all over America.
Over 30 U.S.Cities have restricted feeding the homeless in recent years..sighting that ...making it easier for people to stay on the streets is not humane..in the future depending on where you live,, it might be a criminal act...
If, the homeless really want free food ..all they have to do is go to the back of school cafeterias across America and eat all they want of the rejected Michelle Obama's healthy school lunchs ...
Might want to check with your cities regulations ..many cities have passed laws against feeding or handing out free food to the homeless and it has been banned in major cities all over America.
Over 30 U.S.Cities have restricted feeding the homeless in recent years..sighting that ...making it easier for people to stay on the streets is not humane..in the future depending on where you live,, it might be a criminal act...
If, the homeless really want free food ..all they have to do is go to the back of school cafeterias across America and eat all they want of the rejected Michelle Obama's healthy school lunchs ...
Slim: You are a cherry picking Right-Winged hypocrite. Laws against the Homeless are simply ridiculous. But you want to follow the Law. OK, fine. Why don't you follow ALL LAWS? Rowe vs Wade was decided Forty-Four years ago and you STILL want to overturn that Supreme Court Decision. That makes you a hypocrite X 10.
~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
Slim: You are a cherry picking Right-Winged hypocrite. Laws against the Homeless are simply ridiculous. But you want to follow the Law. OK, fine. Why don't you follow ALL LAWS? Rowe vs Wade was decided Forty-Four years ago and you STILL want to overturn that Supreme Court Decision. That makes you a hypocrite X 10.
it's amazing how much food is wasted in restaurants. if all of that food could be given to homeless people, it would make a big difference. people should consider having leftovers at restaurants boxed up rather than thrown out so they can give it to someone who needs it.
Does anybody remember the show "Dirty Jobs" with Mike Rowe?
Anyways, there was an episode in Vegas where this guy that was a pig farmer would go to the casinos after their "buffet" meals, round up all the uneaten "unserveable" food in a big truck, bring this slop back and "serve" it to his pigs.
Just so everyone knows where I stand, I would much rather donate my time, money, & food towards this than the "hungry homeless" straight up begging for money.....
HA! Found it!!!!!
"Reduce-Reuse-Recycle" muthafu##ahhhhs!!!!!
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0829694/
Quote Originally Posted by ClubDirt:
it's amazing how much food is wasted in restaurants. if all of that food could be given to homeless people, it would make a big difference. people should consider having leftovers at restaurants boxed up rather than thrown out so they can give it to someone who needs it.
Does anybody remember the show "Dirty Jobs" with Mike Rowe?
Anyways, there was an episode in Vegas where this guy that was a pig farmer would go to the casinos after their "buffet" meals, round up all the uneaten "unserveable" food in a big truck, bring this slop back and "serve" it to his pigs.
Just so everyone knows where I stand, I would much rather donate my time, money, & food towards this than the "hungry homeless" straight up begging for money.....
Slim: You are a cherry picking Right-Winged hypocrite. Laws against the Homeless are simply ridiculous. But you want to follow the Law. OK, fine. Why don't you follow ALL LAWS? Rowe vs Wade was decided Forty-Four years ago and you STILL want to overturn that Supreme Court Decision. That makes you a hypocrite X 10.
If,, you want to retain any credibility ...post a citation where I ever took a position on abortion. Otherwise you are guilty of posting an untruth and fake news...
Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:
Slim: You are a cherry picking Right-Winged hypocrite. Laws against the Homeless are simply ridiculous. But you want to follow the Law. OK, fine. Why don't you follow ALL LAWS? Rowe vs Wade was decided Forty-Four years ago and you STILL want to overturn that Supreme Court Decision. That makes you a hypocrite X 10.
If,, you want to retain any credibility ...post a citation where I ever took a position on abortion. Otherwise you are guilty of posting an untruth and fake news...
Pick the GF up at the train once in a while when i can. The Haddonfield NJ train station mind you. One of the most affluent New Jersey suburbs of Philly. This guy walks out of the station dressed in dirty clothes and carrying a sign. He walked to his car.
Pick the GF up at the train once in a while when i can. The Haddonfield NJ train station mind you. One of the most affluent New Jersey suburbs of Philly. This guy walks out of the station dressed in dirty clothes and carrying a sign. He walked to his car.
I always give a little cash, change, sometimes bills. When i was 15 me and a friend hitchiked to mtl. Were smoking a j in a park, rolled big joint and gave it to a hobo/whino, another hobo/whino suddenly shows up and drills the guy. They had slow motion drunken fight right in front of us.
I dont judge what put the person in that situation, a lot of homeless have issues, mental disorders and the like.
(I try to encourage them to use the money for liquor.)
I always give a little cash, change, sometimes bills. When i was 15 me and a friend hitchiked to mtl. Were smoking a j in a park, rolled big joint and gave it to a hobo/whino, another hobo/whino suddenly shows up and drills the guy. They had slow motion drunken fight right in front of us.
I dont judge what put the person in that situation, a lot of homeless have issues, mental disorders and the like.
(I try to encourage them to use the money for liquor.)
Pick the GF up at the train once in a while when i can. The Haddonfield NJ train station mind you. One of the most affluent New Jersey suburbs of Philly. This guy walks out of the station dressed in dirty clothes and carrying a sign. He walked to his car.
Hilarious story but true.
Stump I live in North NJ but used to spend a lot of time in Manhatten.
You guys crack me up, breakfast bar. Half the homeless are fat. Yeah they need that breakfast bar. It's used for alcohol and drugs end of story.
Quote Originally Posted by Goggles-Pisano:
Pick the GF up at the train once in a while when i can. The Haddonfield NJ train station mind you. One of the most affluent New Jersey suburbs of Philly. This guy walks out of the station dressed in dirty clothes and carrying a sign. He walked to his car.
Hilarious story but true.
Stump I live in North NJ but used to spend a lot of time in Manhatten.
You guys crack me up, breakfast bar. Half the homeless are fat. Yeah they need that breakfast bar. It's used for alcohol and drugs end of story.
Stump I live in North NJ but used to spend a lot of time in Manhatten.
You guys crack me up, breakfast bar. Half the homeless are fat. Yeah they need that breakfast bar. It's used for alcohol and drugs end of story.
From North Jersey too and I share the same opinion. Everyday, there's the same guy hanging outside the CVS on Bloomfield Ave (Across from Newark School Stadium b/w 9th and 10th streets). The guy has been there for years that he should be a landmark. Begging people for money. It's not even a bad part of Newark so you have middle class people passing through on this main Ave giving the guy money everyday.
Anyways, I was walking to the CVS one day w/ a co-worker at lunch and as usual, the same guy was begging for money and my co-worker to offer to buy him a sandwich. The guy straight up told her, "I dont want food, I just need money." Hahahaha
I guarantee you this guy makes more money than each day than someone making min wage. Surprised that the Po-Lease don't give him flak for it but I guess the NPD have bigger issues to deal with.
Quote Originally Posted by 165yds:
Hilarious story but true.
Stump I live in North NJ but used to spend a lot of time in Manhatten.
You guys crack me up, breakfast bar. Half the homeless are fat. Yeah they need that breakfast bar. It's used for alcohol and drugs end of story.
From North Jersey too and I share the same opinion. Everyday, there's the same guy hanging outside the CVS on Bloomfield Ave (Across from Newark School Stadium b/w 9th and 10th streets). The guy has been there for years that he should be a landmark. Begging people for money. It's not even a bad part of Newark so you have middle class people passing through on this main Ave giving the guy money everyday.
Anyways, I was walking to the CVS one day w/ a co-worker at lunch and as usual, the same guy was begging for money and my co-worker to offer to buy him a sandwich. The guy straight up told her, "I dont want food, I just need money." Hahahaha
I guarantee you this guy makes more money than each day than someone making min wage. Surprised that the Po-Lease don't give him flak for it but I guess the NPD have bigger issues to deal with.
And speaking of the subject, this is an interesting article about panhandlers published just hours ago on Marketwatch; a website part of the WSJ digital network. Thought I'd share.
And speaking of the subject, this is an interesting article about panhandlers published just hours ago on Marketwatch; a website part of the WSJ digital network. Thought I'd share.
That just shows your not from the Bay. The tenderloin isn't a rough neighborhood like where i'm from in Oakland. It's just dirty. I've walked all through the tenderloin at all hours of the night. Solo. The tenderloin isn't even what's considered bad for SF. It's just infested with homelessness and drugs.
just messing with you. i lived in the tenderloin for a while. about two blocvks away from the highest concentration of shootings in the city. but i didn't have many problems. it is mostly just dirty with a lot of homeless people around.
i still recommend you avoid it. maybe the castro is better for you.
Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:
That just shows your not from the Bay. The tenderloin isn't a rough neighborhood like where i'm from in Oakland. It's just dirty. I've walked all through the tenderloin at all hours of the night. Solo. The tenderloin isn't even what's considered bad for SF. It's just infested with homelessness and drugs.
just messing with you. i lived in the tenderloin for a while. about two blocvks away from the highest concentration of shootings in the city. but i didn't have many problems. it is mostly just dirty with a lot of homeless people around.
i still recommend you avoid it. maybe the castro is better for you.
Does anybody remember the show "Dirty Jobs" with Mike Rowe?
Anyways, there was an episode in Vegas where this guy that was a pig farmer would go to the casinos after their "buffet" meals, round up all the uneaten "unserveable" food in a big truck, bring this slop back and "serve" it to his pigs.
Just so everyone knows where I stand, I would much rather donate my time, money, & food towards this than the "hungry homeless" straight up begging for money.....
HA! Found it!!!!!
"Reduce-Reuse-Recycle" muthafu##ahhhhs!!!!!
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0829694/
don't recall that one.
i was at a restaurant last night. i made a point to notice the staff taking plates away with food on them. pretty sure that ends up in the trash if they aren't boxing it up for people. a big waste.
Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:
Does anybody remember the show "Dirty Jobs" with Mike Rowe?
Anyways, there was an episode in Vegas where this guy that was a pig farmer would go to the casinos after their "buffet" meals, round up all the uneaten "unserveable" food in a big truck, bring this slop back and "serve" it to his pigs.
Just so everyone knows where I stand, I would much rather donate my time, money, & food towards this than the "hungry homeless" straight up begging for money.....
HA! Found it!!!!!
"Reduce-Reuse-Recycle" muthafu##ahhhhs!!!!!
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0829694/
don't recall that one.
i was at a restaurant last night. i made a point to notice the staff taking plates away with food on them. pretty sure that ends up in the trash if they aren't boxing it up for people. a big waste.
just messing with you. i lived in the tenderloin for a while. about two blocvks away from the highest concentration of shootings in the city. but i didn't have many problems. it is mostly just dirty with a lot of homeless people around.
i still recommend you avoid it. maybe the castro is better for you.
Again, you're giving me travel tips and telling me what to avoid like i'm a tourist. You're the one from somewhere else even if you "lived here for a couple years." I'm the one from here. I'm literally just finished eating breakfast in the tenderloin and am standing outside having a smoke. Like I said, this isn't a scary neighborhood to someone like me, i've done and seen sh!t guys like you only see in movies and hear about in rap songs. It's just filthy as sh!t. And I can almost guarantee the concentration of shootings in the city are not in the tenderloin. Probably sunnydale or one of the other projects. Places your Fromers guide probably told you to avoid.
R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
Quote Originally Posted by ClubDirt:
just messing with you. i lived in the tenderloin for a while. about two blocvks away from the highest concentration of shootings in the city. but i didn't have many problems. it is mostly just dirty with a lot of homeless people around.
i still recommend you avoid it. maybe the castro is better for you.
Again, you're giving me travel tips and telling me what to avoid like i'm a tourist. You're the one from somewhere else even if you "lived here for a couple years." I'm the one from here. I'm literally just finished eating breakfast in the tenderloin and am standing outside having a smoke. Like I said, this isn't a scary neighborhood to someone like me, i've done and seen sh!t guys like you only see in movies and hear about in rap songs. It's just filthy as sh!t. And I can almost guarantee the concentration of shootings in the city are not in the tenderloin. Probably sunnydale or one of the other projects. Places your Fromers guide probably told you to avoid.
Always wanted to go to California. I hear the people are nicer on the Left Coast.
I hear the ladies in San Diego are really hot. I could never live outside of the North East, but visiting sounds cool. Not sure if it's pricier than the NY metro area.
Always wanted to go to California. I hear the people are nicer on the Left Coast.
I hear the ladies in San Diego are really hot. I could never live outside of the North East, but visiting sounds cool. Not sure if it's pricier than the NY metro area.
Again, you're giving me travel tips and telling me what to avoid like i'm a tourist.
i'm not doing that. i'm messing with you.
anyway, it might be different now, but i recall when i moved there in 1997 or so, the SFgate had a big article about the highest concentration of shootings in the city for that year. it was leavenworth and turk/eddy/ellis. i remember because my parents freaked out about it. maybe it's different now.
Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:
Again, you're giving me travel tips and telling me what to avoid like i'm a tourist.
i'm not doing that. i'm messing with you.
anyway, it might be different now, but i recall when i moved there in 1997 or so, the SFgate had a big article about the highest concentration of shootings in the city for that year. it was leavenworth and turk/eddy/ellis. i remember because my parents freaked out about it. maybe it's different now.
Again, you're giving me travel tips and telling me what to avoid like i'm a tourist. You're the one from somewhere else even if you "lived here for a couple years." I'm the one from here. I'm literally just finished eating breakfast in the tenderloin and am standing outside having a smoke. Like I said, this isn't a scary neighborhood to someone like me, i've done and seen sh!t guys like you only see in movies and hear about in rap songs. It's just filthy as sh!t. And I can almost guarantee the concentration of shootings in the city are not in the tenderloin. Probably sunnydale or one of the other projects. Places your Fromers guide probably told you to avoid.
also, i heard you live in Piedmont but tell people you are from the Deep East
Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:
Again, you're giving me travel tips and telling me what to avoid like i'm a tourist. You're the one from somewhere else even if you "lived here for a couple years." I'm the one from here. I'm literally just finished eating breakfast in the tenderloin and am standing outside having a smoke. Like I said, this isn't a scary neighborhood to someone like me, i've done and seen sh!t guys like you only see in movies and hear about in rap songs. It's just filthy as sh!t. And I can almost guarantee the concentration of shootings in the city are not in the tenderloin. Probably sunnydale or one of the other projects. Places your Fromers guide probably told you to avoid.
also, i heard you live in Piedmont but tell people you are from the Deep East
also, i heard you live in Piedmont but tell people you are from the Deep East
Ha! I'm from Acorn in West Oakland. I've like in the deep east, on 82nd and 84th. I don't live in Oakland at all now. Oakland belongs to the gentrifiers. I still spend most of my time in Oakland and SF but when you've been somewhere most of your life you need a change. I had a house in CoCo county for a while but we sold it and bought a place in the beautiful Pacific NorthWest. I'm still in the bay area most of the time though.
R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
Quote Originally Posted by ClubDirt:
also, i heard you live in Piedmont but tell people you are from the Deep East
Ha! I'm from Acorn in West Oakland. I've like in the deep east, on 82nd and 84th. I don't live in Oakland at all now. Oakland belongs to the gentrifiers. I still spend most of my time in Oakland and SF but when you've been somewhere most of your life you need a change. I had a house in CoCo county for a while but we sold it and bought a place in the beautiful Pacific NorthWest. I'm still in the bay area most of the time though.
Always wanted to go to California. I hear the people are nicer on the Left Coast.
I hear the ladies in San Diego are really hot. I could never live outside of the North East, but visiting sounds cool. Not sure if it's pricier than the NY metro area.
California is great but the people aren't really nice per sé. We're kind of assh0les. The people in Portland are nice. Seattle so/so. Definitely nicer than Californian. It's all great though and you should definitely visit the west Coast.
R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:
Always wanted to go to California. I hear the people are nicer on the Left Coast.
I hear the ladies in San Diego are really hot. I could never live outside of the North East, but visiting sounds cool. Not sure if it's pricier than the NY metro area.
California is great but the people aren't really nice per sé. We're kind of assh0les. The people in Portland are nice. Seattle so/so. Definitely nicer than Californian. It's all great though and you should definitely visit the west Coast.
yeah, i really don't know the area anymore. it's been a long time, but i heard people really moved out of SF into oakland and the surrounding areas once all that dot com money moved in. those rich young folks are friggin the place up and making it lose some of its character.
that being said, the west coast is the best, in my opinion, and i'd love to move back somewhere one of these days.
yeah, i really don't know the area anymore. it's been a long time, but i heard people really moved out of SF into oakland and the surrounding areas once all that dot com money moved in. those rich young folks are friggin the place up and making it lose some of its character.
that being said, the west coast is the best, in my opinion, and i'd love to move back somewhere one of these days.
Always wanted to go to California. I hear the people are nicer on the Left Coast.
I hear the ladies in San Diego are really hot. I could never live outside of the North East, but visiting sounds cool. Not sure if it's pricier than the NY metro area.
Back on topic...the amount of homeless sleeping in tents along freeways and side streets is ASTOUNDING there
Like here in DENVER,,there are so many sleeping everywhere along Platte River and Cherry Creek...And like stated here earlier..they panhandle religiously AND can get FREE meals and food everywhere as DENVER is very open, receptive, and compassionate to their plight...
Plus the access to weed only inspires and enhances others to come to Colorado.......
Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:
Always wanted to go to California. I hear the people are nicer on the Left Coast.
I hear the ladies in San Diego are really hot. I could never live outside of the North East, but visiting sounds cool. Not sure if it's pricier than the NY metro area.
Back on topic...the amount of homeless sleeping in tents along freeways and side streets is ASTOUNDING there
Like here in DENVER,,there are so many sleeping everywhere along Platte River and Cherry Creek...And like stated here earlier..they panhandle religiously AND can get FREE meals and food everywhere as DENVER is very open, receptive, and compassionate to their plight...
Plus the access to weed only inspires and enhances others to come to Colorado.......