• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Jury Duty

    12 Next Last»
    cave0707
    GimmeMoneyNow
    TheGoldenGoose
    Slobbasaurus
    searchwarrant
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1729
    Posts: 28
    12 Next Last»
     
    cave0707
    cave0707
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 1521
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2017 - 12:00 AM ET #1

    Wondering how many have missed/ignored your jury summons?  And what are the 'real' consequences ... not the fine or jail time mentioned on the summons cause I have never heard of anybody getting nailed for not showing up.  Lets just say I may or may not have my SECOND summons sitting on my coffee table but I may or may not be overseas for a vacation during the court date.  What to do .... 
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Wondering how many have missed/ignored your jury summons?  And what are the 'real' consequences ... not the fine or jail time mentioned on the summons cause I have never heard of anybody getting nailed for not showing up.  Lets just say I may or may not have my SECOND summons sitting on my coffee table but I may or may not be overseas for a vacation during the court date.  What to do .... 
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2017 - 12:16 AM ET #2

    I don't think you can just throw it away and you "never got it" like the good ole' days, eventually it will catch up with you. You can always postpone/reschedule it, should be an option on the summons. {Knock wood} - my last 2 summons I've made the call after 5:00 p.m. the day before and not had to go. Hoping to keep that streak alive.

    I've always wondered who & what that chick in your avatar is & doing. Looks like a fun time.....
    Reply
    I don't think you can just throw it away and you "never got it" like the good ole' days, eventually it will catch up with you. You can always postpone/reschedule it, should be an option on the summons. {Knock wood} - my last 2 summons I've made the call after 5:00 p.m. the day before and not had to go. Hoping to keep that streak alive.

    I've always wondered who & what that chick in your avatar is & doing. Looks like a fun time.....
     
    cave0707
    cave0707
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 1521
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2017 - 1:33 AM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    I don't think you can just throw it away and you "never got it" like the good ole' days, eventually it will catch up with you. You can always postpone/reschedule it, should be an option on the summons. {Knock wood} - my last 2 summons I've made the call after 5:00 p.m. the day before and not had to go. Hoping to keep that streak alive.

    I've always wondered who & what that chick in your avatar is & doing. Looks like a fun time.....

    Girl is Shandi Finnessey - Miss USA 2004.  She's was at a Fedex Kinko's when she took this selfie.  Looks to be an impression of taking a mouthful of something ... hmmm ... I could only imagine. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    I don't think you can just throw it away and you "never got it" like the good ole' days, eventually it will catch up with you. You can always postpone/reschedule it, should be an option on the summons. {Knock wood} - my last 2 summons I've made the call after 5:00 p.m. the day before and not had to go. Hoping to keep that streak alive.

    I've always wondered who & what that chick in your avatar is & doing. Looks like a fun time.....

    Girl is Shandi Finnessey - Miss USA 2004.  She's was at a Fedex Kinko's when she took this selfie.  Looks to be an impression of taking a mouthful of something ... hmmm ... I could only imagine. 
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2017 - 2:14 AM ET #4

    Last year I served on a two day trial.  Supposed to be left alone for three years every time you serve.  The day I went into the jury pool room the lady told us that roughly 45% of the people summoned for jury duty never respond.  All that means is that if they need 100 jurors they'll summon 200 people.  I've never heard of anybody fined or jailed for ignoring a jury duty summons here in Connecticut.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Last year I served on a two day trial.  Supposed to be left alone for three years every time you serve.  The day I went into the jury pool room the lady told us that roughly 45% of the people summoned for jury duty never respond.  All that means is that if they need 100 jurors they'll summon 200 people.  I've never heard of anybody fined or jailed for ignoring a jury duty summons here in Connecticut.
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2017 - 3:21 AM ET #5

    I got one last week.  I have to report there on 7/31.  I already got out of it twice.  I doubt I'll bee able to do it a 3rd time.  
    Reply
    I got one last week.  I have to report there on 7/31.  I already got out of it twice.  I doubt I'll bee able to do it a 3rd time.  
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2017 - 4:12 AM ET #6

    Trash can.
    Reply
    Trash can.
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2017 - 4:18 AM ET #7

    I wish I could Search.  I don't have the nuggets.  

    The NJ court system was been very kind to me.  I ought to pay it back.  

    Plus my job pays me regardless.  How much do you get paid?  Gas money there and back?  Like $5 a day or something?  



    Reply
    I wish I could Search.  I don't have the nuggets.  

    The NJ court system was been very kind to me.  I ought to pay it back.  

    Plus my job pays me regardless.  How much do you get paid?  Gas money there and back?  Like $5 a day or something?  



     
    1129ken
    1129ken
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 2674
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2017 - 9:13 AM ET #8

    I'd be careful. In Massachusetts, they can issue a criminal complaint and fine you a couple thousand. Seems like they have differing approaches, depending on the state. I've been called for July 20.
    Reply
    I'd be careful. In Massachusetts, they can issue a criminal complaint and fine you a couple thousand. Seems like they have differing approaches, depending on the state. I've been called for July 20.
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2017 - 9:48 AM ET #9

    When you're there, how do you get out of going a second day?  

    I might just wear a Deplorable T-shirt so I'm not selected during the voir dire.  It is Paterson, but with my luck, I'd  probably be selected.  
    Reply
    When you're there, how do you get out of going a second day?  

    I might just wear a Deplorable T-shirt so I'm not selected during the voir dire.  It is Paterson, but with my luck, I'd  probably be selected.  
     
    Nut_Flopper
    Nut_Flopper
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 2413
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2017 - 12:05 PM ET #10

    They send mine to my dads house for some reason. I guess because I am registered to vote there.

    I have ignored all of them, for years. Even the one that came threatening fines and/or jail. I have received three of those over the years.

    Nothing has ever happened.

    Until I get something certified and signed for how can they prove I received any of these notices. My dad gets worried when one comes in.


    Reply
    They send mine to my dads house for some reason. I guess because I am registered to vote there.

    I have ignored all of them, for years. Even the one that came threatening fines and/or jail. I have received three of those over the years.

    Nothing has ever happened.

    Until I get something certified and signed for how can they prove I received any of these notices. My dad gets worried when one comes in.


     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2017 - 12:19 PM ET #11

    Moment you sign or respond in any way the hook is set.

    Reply
    Moment you sign or respond in any way the hook is set.

     
    cave0707
    cave0707
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 1521
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2017 - 1:57 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Moment you sign or respond in any way the hook is set.


    Agreed.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Moment you sign or respond in any way the hook is set.


    Agreed.  
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2017 - 2:33 PM ET #13

    Thats what you get for voting. Tell them that you're a felon and you would love to serve on several jurys.
    Reply
    Thats what you get for voting. Tell them that you're a felon and you would love to serve on several jurys.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2017 - 6:47 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    Thats what you get for voting. Tell them that you're a felon and you would love to serve on several jurys.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    Thats what you get for voting. Tell them that you're a felon and you would love to serve on several jurys.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25545
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2017 - 7:06 PM ET #15

    Damn! Just go & do your civic duty. People rant here about social injustice & inequalities yet girl about spending time to be part of the checks & balances that are in place. There are responsibilities that come along with being a citizen.

    Grow up.
    Reply
    Damn! Just go & do your civic duty. People rant here about social injustice & inequalities yet girl about spending time to be part of the checks & balances that are in place. There are responsibilities that come along with being a citizen.

    Grow up.
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2017 - 7:27 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    When you're there, how do you get out of going a second day?  

    I might just wear a Deplorable T-shirt so I'm not selected during the voir dire.  It is Paterson, but with my luck, I'd  probably be selected.  

    I just went through voir dire..I noticed the most vocal were selected..I pretty gave small answers to  the questions the attorneys asked and picked my spot to speak up as the suit was against the insurance company I have also.Case was a rear-end collision,guy claiming back injury..

    I said same thing happened to me,but this company (SF) took care of me fine and this may impact my decision...I knew SF would want me but def not the plaintiff's attorney (Huge company also for all kinds of litigation)..It worked..

    You have a lot of time to think this over during the process and find an angle to GTFO..Don't be one of the scammers trying all bs excuses to be sent home...One biker type chick said she could not hear well,so the judge tells the bailiff to get this headphone/amp system they have..Hilarious as the chick was now forced to wear this contraption all day..she didn't look too happy..

    GL man..

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobbasaurus:

    When you're there, how do you get out of going a second day?  

    I might just wear a Deplorable T-shirt so I'm not selected during the voir dire.  It is Paterson, but with my luck, I'd  probably be selected.  

    I just went through voir dire..I noticed the most vocal were selected..I pretty gave small answers to  the questions the attorneys asked and picked my spot to speak up as the suit was against the insurance company I have also.Case was a rear-end collision,guy claiming back injury..

    I said same thing happened to me,but this company (SF) took care of me fine and this may impact my decision...I knew SF would want me but def not the plaintiff's attorney (Huge company also for all kinds of litigation)..It worked..

    You have a lot of time to think this over during the process and find an angle to GTFO..Don't be one of the scammers trying all bs excuses to be sent home...One biker type chick said she could not hear well,so the judge tells the bailiff to get this headphone/amp system they have..Hilarious as the chick was now forced to wear this contraption all day..she didn't look too happy..

    GL man..

     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2017 - 7:39 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Damn! Just go & do your civic duty. People rant here about social injustice & inequalities yet girl about spending time to be part of the checks & balances that are in place. There are responsibilities that come along with being a citizen.

    Grow up.

    You are right,but I wish this would be more volunteer/requirement then as senior citizens with free time..a trial interferes with people's jobs and it would have really messed up mine..and also If I was every wrongly accused of a crime do I really want some kids who just got their driver's license's (FL) or people with a lifetime of experience?And people should be totally fluent in English..wonder how many slip through the cracks and get selected in trials. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Damn! Just go & do your civic duty. People rant here about social injustice & inequalities yet girl about spending time to be part of the checks & balances that are in place. There are responsibilities that come along with being a citizen.

    Grow up.

    You are right,but I wish this would be more volunteer/requirement then as senior citizens with free time..a trial interferes with people's jobs and it would have really messed up mine..and also If I was every wrongly accused of a crime do I really want some kids who just got their driver's license's (FL) or people with a lifetime of experience?And people should be totally fluent in English..wonder how many slip through the cracks and get selected in trials. 

     
    bejabbers
    bejabbers
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 823
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2017 - 11:44 AM ET #18

    It depends on the jurisdiction where you reside.  In municipalities that are financially strapped, you can usually just throw it away and not worry.
    Reply
    It depends on the jurisdiction where you reside.  In municipalities that are financially strapped, you can usually just throw it away and not worry.
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2017 - 2:06 PM ET #19

    ......ask if you get to examine bloody underwear, should get you out
    Reply
    ......ask if you get to examine bloody underwear, should get you out
     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8064
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2017 - 2:27 PM ET #20

    If you do go and show up..and if u r unwilling to participate..just fill out questionaire . and respond .there you are a diehard  racist, homophobe......
    Reply
    If you do go and show up..and if u r unwilling to participate..just fill out questionaire . and respond .there you are a diehard  racist, homophobe......
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Jul. 8, 2017 - 8:47 PM ET #21

    The old days I would just write " self employed" have a good day. The Court  rules changed and so did the rules at my house ..I don't get the Mail. my GF does and she throws all BS mail away ( as instructed ) " if you never see it , you never got it " . 

    If you do open it  after reading it you will call the number and then you are hooked. 


    Take my Civic duty of the 45% I pay in taxes. 
    Reply
    The old days I would just write " self employed" have a good day. The Court  rules changed and so did the rules at my house ..I don't get the Mail. my GF does and she throws all BS mail away ( as instructed ) " if you never see it , you never got it " . 

    If you do open it  after reading it you will call the number and then you are hooked. 


    Take my Civic duty of the 45% I pay in taxes. 
     
    billyloco
    billyloco
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 22557
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2017 - 10:07 PM ET #22

    I will give y'all free advice, heed it. 

    20/25 yrs ago I was just too damn busy to even think about JuryDuty. I would mail them back with smart azz remarks.

    Finally I went in about 3 years ago and smart assed my remarks to the lawyers questioning me as to why I didn't want to serve on a jury. The judge dismissed everybody for lunch but you know who. 

    He told me I was dismissed "but we will contact you again I'm sure."

    Not even 3 weeks later I was sent a Jury Summons to come all the way downtown Atlanta to nthe Federal Courthouse,  I have had bad Diabetic Retinopathy almost 30 years and my Diseased Eye Surgeon wrote a letter saying in so many words "you don't want Mr M___s on the freeways and to excuse me. Whew!!
    Reply
    I will give y'all free advice, heed it. 

    20/25 yrs ago I was just too damn busy to even think about JuryDuty. I would mail them back with smart azz remarks.

    Finally I went in about 3 years ago and smart assed my remarks to the lawyers questioning me as to why I didn't want to serve on a jury. The judge dismissed everybody for lunch but you know who. 

    He told me I was dismissed "but we will contact you again I'm sure."

    Not even 3 weeks later I was sent a Jury Summons to come all the way downtown Atlanta to nthe Federal Courthouse,  I have had bad Diabetic Retinopathy almost 30 years and my Diseased Eye Surgeon wrote a letter saying in so many words "you don't want Mr M___s on the freeways and to excuse me. Whew!!
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2017 - 11:34 PM ET #23

    I got summoned once, went in for about 2 hours, they went alphabetically by last name... there were 25 of us.... picked their 12 and 2 backups before they even got to question me about anything.  Got paid $25...  and had to pay tax on it   
    Reply
    I got summoned once, went in for about 2 hours, they went alphabetically by last name... there were 25 of us.... picked their 12 and 2 backups before they even got to question me about anything.  Got paid $25...  and had to pay tax on it   
     
    LarryWayne10
    LarryWayne10
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2009
    Posts: 2927
    Posted: Jul. 9, 2017 - 11:50 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by billyloco:

    I will give y'all free advice, heed it. 20/25 yrs ago I was just too damn busy to even think about JuryDuty. I would mail them back with smart azz remarks.Finally I went in about 3 years ago and smart assed my remarks to the lawyers questioning me as to why I didn't want to serve on a jury. The judge dismissed everybody for lunch but you know who. He told me I was dismissed "but we will contact you again I'm sure."Not even 3 weeks later I was sent a Jury Summons to come all the way downtown Atlanta to nthe Federal Courthouse,  I have had bad Diabetic Retinopathy almost 30 years and my Diseased Eye Surgeon wrote a letter saying in so many words "you don't want Mr M___s on the freeways and to excuse me. Whew!!

    Had to do it there also. Shuttle from Turner Field early as Hell, sat there all day with about 1500 people never got picked. Got released to go sit in rush hour traffic. I live in Alpharetta, why couldn't I do it there? Sh*t was awful
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by billyloco:

    I will give y'all free advice, heed it. 20/25 yrs ago I was just too damn busy to even think about JuryDuty. I would mail them back with smart azz remarks.Finally I went in about 3 years ago and smart assed my remarks to the lawyers questioning me as to why I didn't want to serve on a jury. The judge dismissed everybody for lunch but you know who. He told me I was dismissed "but we will contact you again I'm sure."Not even 3 weeks later I was sent a Jury Summons to come all the way downtown Atlanta to nthe Federal Courthouse,  I have had bad Diabetic Retinopathy almost 30 years and my Diseased Eye Surgeon wrote a letter saying in so many words "you don't want Mr M___s on the freeways and to excuse me. Whew!!

    Had to do it there also. Shuttle from Turner Field early as Hell, sat there all day with about 1500 people never got picked. Got released to go sit in rush hour traffic. I live in Alpharetta, why couldn't I do it there? Sh*t was awful
     
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2017 - 5:52 AM ET #25

    I'm just pissed that I have to go in to Paterson.  Sucks driving in to the hood.  Just concerned about my car getting phucked with.

    Was actually surprised to learn that Paterson was the first inductrial city in this country thanks to the Great Falls.  

    The more you learn......
    Reply
    I'm just pissed that I have to go in to Paterson.  Sucks driving in to the hood.  Just concerned about my car getting phucked with.

    Was actually surprised to learn that Paterson was the first inductrial city in this country thanks to the Great Falls.  

    The more you learn......
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,911
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,619
    • MLB Playoffs 16,999
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 446
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 308
    • PART DEUX 140
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,388
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,367
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,158
    • NFL WEEK 5 ........................2026 1,492

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.