• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Has anyone ever "prayed to God" for a game to cover?

    12 Next Last»
    TheFootball77
    WahooS
    sports_Network
    thorpe
    The Hawk
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2605
    Posts: 29
    12 Next Last»
     
    TheFootball77
    TheFootball77
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 706
    Posted: Nov. 4, 2016 - 11:25 PM ET #1

    curious to see what the results are from a consensus.

    Also in "prayer" I mean you actually either in your thoughts or out loud genuinely asked a divine entity to cover a spread on a game you gambled on.



    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    curious to see what the results are from a consensus.

    Also in "prayer" I mean you actually either in your thoughts or out loud genuinely asked a divine entity to cover a spread on a game you gambled on.



     
    WahooS
    WahooS
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 25696
    Posted: Nov. 4, 2016 - 11:58 PM ET #2

    no, I most certainly haven't 
    .
    Reply
    no, I most certainly haven't 
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2016 - 8:59 AM ET #3

    get help (and not from the almighty) you have a sickness in need of therapy, along with the rest of you azzholes who actually 'pray' to win a sports bet...get real
    Reply
    get help (and not from the almighty) you have a sickness in need of therapy, along with the rest of you azzholes who actually 'pray' to win a sports bet...get real
     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2016 - 9:44 AM ET #4

    Does "Touchdown Jesus" count?

    I haven't because I'm not a believer, but I'd say at least half of the people on this site have.
    Reply
    Does "Touchdown Jesus" count?

    I haven't because I'm not a believer, but I'd say at least half of the people on this site have.
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2016 - 10:17 AM ET #5

    You know the difference between a prayer in church and a prayer in a casino?







    In a casino, you really mean it
    Reply
    You know the difference between a prayer in church and a prayer in a casino?







    In a casino, you really mean it
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2016 - 10:52 AM ET #6

    If I was watching a game, in bed, late at night I use to clasp my Junk with both hands and close my eyes if I needed a Score.
    Is that praying?
    Reply
    If I was watching a game, in bed, late at night I use to clasp my Junk with both hands and close my eyes if I needed a Score.
    Is that praying?
     
    TheFootball77
    TheFootball77
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 706
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2016 - 12:31 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    If I was watching a game, in bed, late at night I use to clasp my Junk with both hands and close my eyes if I needed a Score.
    Is that praying?


    That's more of a superstition.

    I believe a prayer would require more of a "Please God let them win and I promise to read the Gospels for once."  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    If I was watching a game, in bed, late at night I use to clasp my Junk with both hands and close my eyes if I needed a Score.
    Is that praying?


    That's more of a superstition.

    I believe a prayer would require more of a "Please God let them win and I promise to read the Gospels for once."  
     
    TheFootball77
    TheFootball77
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 706
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2016 - 12:33 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    You know the difference between a prayer in church and a prayer in a casino?







    In a casino, you really mean it



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk:

    You know the difference between a prayer in church and a prayer in a casino?







    In a casino, you really mean it



     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2016 - 1:44 PM ET #9

    [Quote: Originally Posted by The Hawk] You know the difference between a prayer in church and a prayer in a casino?







    In a casino, you really mean it
    [/Quote

    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by The Hawk] You know the difference between a prayer in church and a prayer in a casino?







    In a casino, you really mean it
    [/Quote

     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2016 - 3:47 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFootball77:



    That's more of a superstition.

    I believe a prayer would require more of a "Please God let them win and I promise to read the Gospels for once."  

    "Please God let the pregnancy test read negative and I promise to read the Gospels for once."  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFootball77:



    That's more of a superstition.

    I believe a prayer would require more of a "Please God let them win and I promise to read the Gospels for once."  

    "Please God let the pregnancy test read negative and I promise to read the Gospels for once."  
     
    idle_havoc
    idle_havoc
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 4518
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2016 - 6:13 PM ET #11

    But I heard the Browns don't have a hope and a prayer
    Gotta go pee!
    Reply
    But I heard the Browns don't have a hope and a prayer
     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Nov. 5, 2016 - 9:31 PM ET #12

    I have thank him after I won.
    Reply
    I have thank him after I won.
     
    getrdonrite7
    getrdonrite7
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 9143
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2016 - 1:44 AM ET #13

    yeah right now for this nevada over 
    Reply
    yeah right now for this nevada over 
     
    TheFootball77
    TheFootball77
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 706
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2016 - 12:53 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by getrdonrite7:

    yeah right now for this nevada over 



    The Power of Prayer?  It went over.



    Idle_Havoc:  The browns have a prayer the instant someone prays for them.  In this case today, I am putting my prayers on the Dallas Cowboys -7, but to be honest, I have been praying for every game I write on this site and so far I have won more than I have lost.  Does the prayer have anything to do with it?  Who can truly measure?



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by getrdonrite7:

    yeah right now for this nevada over 



    The Power of Prayer?  It went over.



    Idle_Havoc:  The browns have a prayer the instant someone prays for them.  In this case today, I am putting my prayers on the Dallas Cowboys -7, but to be honest, I have been praying for every game I write on this site and so far I have won more than I have lost.  Does the prayer have anything to do with it?  Who can truly measure?



     
    I-Got-5-On-It
    I-Got-5-On-It
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 23321
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2016 - 4:44 PM ET #15

    Always last to leave the church   

     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9waCdT1R6Q
    Bet 5 Play Over Parlays and get rich
    Reply
    Always last to leave the church   

     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9waCdT1R6Q
     
    TheFootball77
    TheFootball77
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 706
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2016 - 7:40 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by I-Got-5-On-It:

    Always last to leave the church   

     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9waCdT1R6Q








       I suppose this emoji signifies that the Covers team knows something or another about people praying for spreads to cover. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Got-5-On-It:

    Always last to leave the church   

     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9waCdT1R6Q








       I suppose this emoji signifies that the Covers team knows something or another about people praying for spreads to cover. 


     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2016 - 2:47 PM ET #17

    Yes, but I pray to the sun.  
    Reply
    Yes, but I pray to the sun.  
     
    TheFootball77
    TheFootball77
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 706
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2016 - 6:33 PM ET #18

    God



    The Buffalo Bills to win against the Seattle Seahawks!



    Reply
    God



    The Buffalo Bills to win against the Seattle Seahawks!



     
    Choosenone21
    Choosenone21
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2006
    Posts: 6290
    Posted: Nov. 8, 2016 - 3:43 PM ET #19

    Reply
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Nov. 8, 2016 - 8:27 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFootball77:









       I suppose this emoji signifies that the Covers team knows something or another about people praying for spreads to cover. 



    I always thought this guy----> was Muslim.....

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFootball77:









       I suppose this emoji signifies that the Covers team knows something or another about people praying for spreads to cover. 



    I always thought this guy----> was Muslim.....

     
    billyloco
    billyloco
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 22557
    Posted: Nov. 8, 2016 - 10:09 PM ET #21

    guilty
    Reply
    guilty
     
    TheFootball77
    TheFootball77
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 706
    Posted: Nov. 11, 2016 - 7:24 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    I always thought this guy----> was Muslim.....




    The Gospel According to St. Matthew 26:39
    And he (Jesus) went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    I always thought this guy----> was Muslim.....




    The Gospel According to St. Matthew 26:39
    And he (Jesus) went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father...
     
    TheFootball77
    TheFootball77
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 706
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2016 - 7:57 PM ET #23

    This trend is looking up!  Prayer might be a major variable to success?
    Reply
    This trend is looking up!  Prayer might be a major variable to success?
     
    HoneyB
    HoneyB
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2016
    Posts: 141
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2016 - 7:30 AM ET #24

    Every fu**ing time! God is my best tipster haha and ruler (of course)
    Reply
    Every fu**ing time! God is my best tipster haha and ruler (of course)
     
     
    cave0707
    cave0707
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 1521
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2016 - 10:20 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    "Please God let the pregnancy test read negative and I promise to read the Gospels for once."  


    Wow, this post brought up some old memories.  We all f*ck up from time to time ... that's why abortion should always be legal.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    "Please God let the pregnancy test read negative and I promise to read the Gospels for once."  


    Wow, this post brought up some old memories.  We all f*ck up from time to time ... that's why abortion should always be legal.  
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,348
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 433
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,861
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,852
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,212
    • PART DEUX 138
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,100
    • Week 6 Money 7,846
    • Trump's legacy? 33,977

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.