• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Gambling

    12 Next Last»
    TheFootball77
    JimmyDrizzl
    GimmeMoneyNow
    SarasotaSlim
    Hugh_Jorgan
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2560
    Posts: 27
    12 Next Last»
     
    TheFootball77
    TheFootball77
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 706
    Posted: Sep. 23, 2016 - 9:41 PM ET #1

    Does it have to be for money or something worth money to be considered Gambling?


    I have found that when I tell people who I think will win a certain game, it feels like I am gambling.  I find myself rooting for that team to win so I can say I was right and I root against the other team.  When I am wrong, I feel like I lost something, I feel like my spirit has been drained and I don't want to ever say again who I think will win.

    Would that be considered gambling, and if so, what would you call that which I was gambling with? 


    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Does it have to be for money or something worth money to be considered Gambling?


    I have found that when I tell people who I think will win a certain game, it feels like I am gambling.  I find myself rooting for that team to win so I can say I was right and I root against the other team.  When I am wrong, I feel like I lost something, I feel like my spirit has been drained and I don't want to ever say again who I think will win.

    Would that be considered gambling, and if so, what would you call that which I was gambling with? 


     
    JimmyDrizzl
    JimmyDrizzl
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 651
    Posted: Sep. 23, 2016 - 9:56 PM ET #2

    Mind bets do not count for anything..

    No money risked does not equate to gambling...Put your money under the mattress...It's safe there.
    Reply
    Mind bets do not count for anything..

    No money risked does not equate to gambling...Put your money under the mattress...It's safe there.
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2016 - 12:50 AM ET #3


    I gamble every time I fart. I usually win, but sometimes I lose - especially if I've had Taco Bell......
    Reply

    I gamble every time I fart. I usually win, but sometimes I lose - especially if I've had Taco Bell......
     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2016 - 4:51 AM ET #4

    Stop playing with yourself............

    It doesn’t result in greater mental or emotional health...
    Reply
    Stop playing with yourself............

    It doesn’t result in greater mental or emotional health...
     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2016 - 4:54 AM ET #5

    "Would that be considered gambling, and if so, what would you call that which I was gambling with?" 


    Your second self....
    Reply
    "Would that be considered gambling, and if so, what would you call that which I was gambling with?" 


    Your second self....
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2016 - 8:20 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    I gamble every time I fart. I usually win, but sometimes I lose - especially if I've had Taco Bell......


    Taco Bell + farting = living dangerously 
    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:


    I gamble every time I fart. I usually win, but sometimes I lose - especially if I've had Taco Bell......


    Taco Bell + farting = living dangerously 
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2016 - 11:25 AM ET #7

    What happens when you lose a mind-bet??
    Reply
    What happens when you lose a mind-bet??
     
    JimmyDrizzl
    JimmyDrizzl
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 651
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2016 - 4:03 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    What happens when you lose a mind-bet??


    Lose a mind bet or a real bet....Unhappy for a short while and then just get ready for the next round....NOBODY likes to lose.....EVER...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    What happens when you lose a mind-bet??


    Lose a mind bet or a real bet....Unhappy for a short while and then just get ready for the next round....NOBODY likes to lose.....EVER...
     
    TheFootball77
    TheFootball77
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 706
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2016 - 4:42 PM ET #9

    So when Colin Cowherd gives his "blazing five" weekly nfl picks ATS, is he not gambling his reputation to pick winners?  His reputation as a mush?  His reputation is worth money so is it not gambling?
    Reply
    So when Colin Cowherd gives his "blazing five" weekly nfl picks ATS, is he not gambling his reputation to pick winners?  His reputation as a mush?  His reputation is worth money so is it not gambling?
     
    TheFootball77
    TheFootball77
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 706
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2016 - 4:46 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    What happens when you lose a mind-bet??




    Everything is the same except there's no exchange of money.  But the confusion and perplexing is still present and I lose confidence in my ability to judge a better Nfl team per given scenario. When I win I get an uplift feeling.  It's like I'm gambling with my own self confidence, if I wrote it down on paper I suppose I could put my bets down in number format. For instance a game I really like is 1000 units and I have 5000 units in my spirit gambling wallet. But I'm trying my hardest to pick right. I feel like if I pick enough wrong in my mind to myself, I am too broke to make any other picks and hence, I feel like I lost something feel like a loser.  So is this gambling?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    What happens when you lose a mind-bet??




    Everything is the same except there's no exchange of money.  But the confusion and perplexing is still present and I lose confidence in my ability to judge a better Nfl team per given scenario. When I win I get an uplift feeling.  It's like I'm gambling with my own self confidence, if I wrote it down on paper I suppose I could put my bets down in number format. For instance a game I really like is 1000 units and I have 5000 units in my spirit gambling wallet. But I'm trying my hardest to pick right. I feel like if I pick enough wrong in my mind to myself, I am too broke to make any other picks and hence, I feel like I lost something feel like a loser.  So is this gambling?
     
    JimmyDrizzl
    JimmyDrizzl
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 651
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2016 - 5:14 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFootball77:





    Everything is the same except there's no exchange of money.  But the confusion and perplexing is still present and I lose confidence in my ability to judge a better Nfl team per given scenario. When I win I get an uplift feeling.  It's like I'm gambling with my own self confidence, if I wrote it down on paper I suppose I could put my bets down in number format. For instance a game I really like is 1000 units and I have 5000 units in my spirit gambling wallet. But I'm trying my hardest to pick right. I feel like if I pick enough wrong in my mind to myself, I am too broke to make any other picks and hence, I feel like I lost something feel like a loser.  So is this gambling?

    To gamble there has to be a RISK----REWARD component with real assets as collateral...So ..NO ....Not really gambling what you are doing.

    However if you feel bad in losing "mind" bets...STOP NOW...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFootball77:





    Everything is the same except there's no exchange of money.  But the confusion and perplexing is still present and I lose confidence in my ability to judge a better Nfl team per given scenario. When I win I get an uplift feeling.  It's like I'm gambling with my own self confidence, if I wrote it down on paper I suppose I could put my bets down in number format. For instance a game I really like is 1000 units and I have 5000 units in my spirit gambling wallet. But I'm trying my hardest to pick right. I feel like if I pick enough wrong in my mind to myself, I am too broke to make any other picks and hence, I feel like I lost something feel like a loser.  So is this gambling?

    To gamble there has to be a RISK----REWARD component with real assets as collateral...So ..NO ....Not really gambling what you are doing.

    However if you feel bad in losing "mind" bets...STOP NOW...
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2016 - 9:53 PM ET #12


    What the OP says is the difference between a casual sports gambler and a full blown gambling degenerate.  I prefer to live in the former category and support my family rather than drag them down.

    JMHO. You live your life as you please.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    What the OP says is the difference between a casual sports gambler and a full blown gambling degenerate.  I prefer to live in the former category and support my family rather than drag them down.

    JMHO. You live your life as you please.
     
    the z bar
    the z bar
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2006
    Posts: 186
    Posted: Sep. 26, 2016 - 1:14 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    What happens when you lose a mind-bet??


    Eventually you will lose your Mind. Obvious .
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by 666LES:

    What happens when you lose a mind-bet??


    Eventually you will lose your Mind. Obvious .
     
    TheFootball77
    TheFootball77
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 706
    Posted: Oct. 3, 2016 - 12:55 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by the z bar:



    Eventually you will lose your Mind. Obvious .


    That's pretty good answer. 

    And on the flip side what do you have a chance of winning?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by the z bar:



    Eventually you will lose your Mind. Obvious .


    That's pretty good answer. 

    And on the flip side what do you have a chance of winning?
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Oct. 4, 2016 - 8:11 AM ET #15

    To gamble one must place a bet, (get it? a bet!) all the rest is speculation, and assumptions based on  mediated commentary.and personal projection detached from any wager, this is not gambling in any form.....to each his own; think what you want;.
    Reply
    To gamble one must place a bet, (get it? a bet!) all the rest is speculation, and assumptions based on  mediated commentary.and personal projection detached from any wager, this is not gambling in any form.....to each his own; think what you want;.
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Oct. 4, 2016 - 8:21 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDrizzl:


    To gamble there has to be a RISK----REWARD component with real assets as collateral...So ..NO ....Not really gambling what you are doing.

    However if you feel bad in losing "mind" bets...STOP NOW...

    well said

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDrizzl:


    To gamble there has to be a RISK----REWARD component with real assets as collateral...So ..NO ....Not really gambling what you are doing.

    However if you feel bad in losing "mind" bets...STOP NOW...

    well said

     

     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Oct. 5, 2016 - 4:37 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFootball77:

    Does it have to be for money or something worth money to be considered Gambling?


    I have found that when I tell people who I think will win a certain game, it feels like I am gambling.  I find myself rooting for that team to win so I can say I was right and I root against the other team.  When I am wrong, I feel like I lost something, I feel like my spirit has been drained and I don't want to ever say again who I think will win.

    Would that be considered gambling, and if so, what would you call that which I was gambling with? 



    For people who don't get gambling for what it truly is,  a literal definition is needed. 

    Gambling is a personal experience. And through this experience neurochemcials are fired in your brain.  It is s great cocktail of reward, anxiety, pain, focus, checking out from real life, highs and lows and all set to the beat of random.  

    Now add the sports gambling aspect to the mix and you have brain chemicals and patterns of thinking and reacting associated with ego and the ups and downs of that. 

    So this is what the non-gambler does not understand.  You can't gamble with no money or a house or betting against someone etc.  Because you don't get the neurochemicals needed and there is no feeling. 

    But if you are a gambler that has ridden that train of neurochemcals for decades, you react differently to gambling.  For some it's a tolerance where you don't get the neurochemical response you did at the bet size you started with and you need to play bigger bets to get the same feeling.   Gambling changes you and changes your neurochemical response.

    Or in your case you "feel like you're gambling" because you are engaging in a thought pattern or behavior that is firing some of those gambling brain chemicals that effect you mentally and physically. 

    A non-gambler cannot experience this response so the idea that this can feel like gambling is so foreign to their brain make up as people who are not gamblers. 




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFootball77:

    Does it have to be for money or something worth money to be considered Gambling?


    I have found that when I tell people who I think will win a certain game, it feels like I am gambling.  I find myself rooting for that team to win so I can say I was right and I root against the other team.  When I am wrong, I feel like I lost something, I feel like my spirit has been drained and I don't want to ever say again who I think will win.

    Would that be considered gambling, and if so, what would you call that which I was gambling with? 



    For people who don't get gambling for what it truly is,  a literal definition is needed. 

    Gambling is a personal experience. And through this experience neurochemcials are fired in your brain.  It is s great cocktail of reward, anxiety, pain, focus, checking out from real life, highs and lows and all set to the beat of random.  

    Now add the sports gambling aspect to the mix and you have brain chemicals and patterns of thinking and reacting associated with ego and the ups and downs of that. 

    So this is what the non-gambler does not understand.  You can't gamble with no money or a house or betting against someone etc.  Because you don't get the neurochemicals needed and there is no feeling. 

    But if you are a gambler that has ridden that train of neurochemcals for decades, you react differently to gambling.  For some it's a tolerance where you don't get the neurochemical response you did at the bet size you started with and you need to play bigger bets to get the same feeling.   Gambling changes you and changes your neurochemical response.

    Or in your case you "feel like you're gambling" because you are engaging in a thought pattern or behavior that is firing some of those gambling brain chemicals that effect you mentally and physically. 

    A non-gambler cannot experience this response so the idea that this can feel like gambling is so foreign to their brain make up as people who are not gamblers. 




     
    dl36
    dl36
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2003
    Posts: 27850
    Posted: Oct. 5, 2016 - 4:46 AM ET #18

    So basically you feel like you're gambling because some of the those brain chemicals from the gambling cocktail are being fired. 

    This is how gambling differs from drinking or drugs.  You can't relapse on the brain chemical cocktail of alcohol with out taking a drink.  But since gambling is not substance based, in theory you could have the brain chemical cocktail or something close to it that would feel the same if you had the right set of events or thought patterns. 

    But this is only if you are a real gambler who is wired that way.  You can't be just some geek off street and be able to experience this.  

    Here's an interesting prediction.  I think that this can't last.  You either need to start gambling again and get a real dose of the brain chemical cocktail or eventually the response of your mindbets will dwindle and it won't make sense to do what you're doing. 

     
    Reply
    So basically you feel like you're gambling because some of the those brain chemicals from the gambling cocktail are being fired. 

    This is how gambling differs from drinking or drugs.  You can't relapse on the brain chemical cocktail of alcohol with out taking a drink.  But since gambling is not substance based, in theory you could have the brain chemical cocktail or something close to it that would feel the same if you had the right set of events or thought patterns. 

    But this is only if you are a real gambler who is wired that way.  You can't be just some geek off street and be able to experience this.  

    Here's an interesting prediction.  I think that this can't last.  You either need to start gambling again and get a real dose of the brain chemical cocktail or eventually the response of your mindbets will dwindle and it won't make sense to do what you're doing. 

     
     
    LarryWayne10
    LarryWayne10
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2009
    Posts: 2927
    Posted: Oct. 5, 2016 - 7:08 AM ET #19

    You should try shooting the dirt instead of mind gambling. But I think you know that
    Reply
    You should try shooting the dirt instead of mind gambling. But I think you know that
     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Oct. 5, 2016 - 9:32 AM ET #20

    There doesn't have to be money involved, but there has to be some risk vs reward.


    Reply
    There doesn't have to be money involved, but there has to be some risk vs reward.


     
    Michfan15
    Michfan15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 11316
    Posted: Oct. 5, 2016 - 3:02 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFootball77:

    Does it have to be for money or something worth money to be considered Gambling?


    I have found that when I tell people who I think will win a certain game, it feels like I am gambling.  I find myself rooting for that team to win so I can say I was right and I root against the other team.  When I am wrong, I feel like I lost something, I feel like my spirit has been drained and I don't want to ever say again who I think will win.

    Would that be considered gambling, and if so, what would you call that which I was gambling with? 



    In a way, you are wagering your credibility.  I wouldn't consider it gambling unless you are risking something of monetary value (actual $, a good or service, etc.).
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFootball77:

    Does it have to be for money or something worth money to be considered Gambling?


    I have found that when I tell people who I think will win a certain game, it feels like I am gambling.  I find myself rooting for that team to win so I can say I was right and I root against the other team.  When I am wrong, I feel like I lost something, I feel like my spirit has been drained and I don't want to ever say again who I think will win.

    Would that be considered gambling, and if so, what would you call that which I was gambling with? 



    In a way, you are wagering your credibility.  I wouldn't consider it gambling unless you are risking something of monetary value (actual $, a good or service, etc.).
     
    TheFootball77
    TheFootball77
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 706
    Posted: Oct. 7, 2016 - 8:40 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Michfan15:


    In a way, you are wagering your credibility.  I wouldn't consider it gambling unless you are risking something of monetary value (actual $, a good or service, etc.).


    Your credibility can be sold for monetary value.  You wouldn't believe a guy in a hospital gown like you'd believe a guy in a suit running for president. "I'd be willing to wait until freshman orientation of the presidency to fire some missles."  We don't react to this guy talking about killing thousands of people and talking about running for president the same way we'd take it from a guy in the mental asylum.  Credibility is worth money that's why there are people out there who ruin reputations to make their own more valuable.

    Therefore, yes it is gambling when Colin Cowherd gives his blazing 5?

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Michfan15:


    In a way, you are wagering your credibility.  I wouldn't consider it gambling unless you are risking something of monetary value (actual $, a good or service, etc.).


    Your credibility can be sold for monetary value.  You wouldn't believe a guy in a hospital gown like you'd believe a guy in a suit running for president. "I'd be willing to wait until freshman orientation of the presidency to fire some missles."  We don't react to this guy talking about killing thousands of people and talking about running for president the same way we'd take it from a guy in the mental asylum.  Credibility is worth money that's why there are people out there who ruin reputations to make their own more valuable.

    Therefore, yes it is gambling when Colin Cowherd gives his blazing 5?

     
    TheFootball77
    TheFootball77
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2012
    Posts: 706
    Posted: Oct. 7, 2016 - 8:42 PM ET #23

    Meaning that credibility can get you into positions to sell a product or get a job.  imagine if Colin Cowherd consistently went 4-1 5-0 in his blazing five for years. 
    Reply
    Meaning that credibility can get you into positions to sell a product or get a job.  imagine if Colin Cowherd consistently went 4-1 5-0 in his blazing five for years. 
     
    suppatra
    suppatra
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Oct. 10, 2016 - 4:28 AM ET #24

    I also like to bet, sometimes I like to follow others bet
    I want to share an experience, in a few days I'd like to follow some of the data profiles tipster in www.tictacmoney.com and I won the bet
    Reply
    I also like to bet, sometimes I like to follow others bet
    I want to share an experience, in a few days I'd like to follow some of the data profiles tipster in www.tictacmoney.com and I won the bet
     
     
    km5886wood
    km5886wood
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2016
    Posts: 60
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2016 - 4:43 AM ET #25

    When there is no money involved, I don't think that's gambling.
    Reply
    When there is no money involved, I don't think that's gambling.
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,348
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 433
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,862
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,852
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 746
    • PART DEUX 143
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
    • Week 6 Money 8,016
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,216
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,152

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.