False alarm Scalabrine
Gambler Lingo... Any gamblers here got names for this?
The name you are looking for is a "STIFF" .
People who like to bet but never pay are stiffs.
![]()
I get the refusal for payment idea here...
But when I hear this I think of someone who has purchased or charged something under false pretenses... Stiffing someone else with the bill...
The name you are looking for is a "STIFF" .
People who like to bet but never pay are stiffs.
![]()
I get the refusal for payment idea here...
But when I hear this I think of someone who has purchased or charged something under false pretenses... Stiffing someone else with the bill...
welcome to covers
I think most people here understand what I am talking about with explanation...
Good names so far...
ty for the welcome
sounds like it was an internet bet with someone from here or another site
good luck getting paid
welcome to covers
I think most people here understand what I am talking about with explanation...
Good names so far...
ty for the welcome
sounds like it was an internet bet with someone from here or another site
good luck getting paid
I believe Welcher is the term.
Welcher sounds derogatory to the Welsh... Im looking for something that is that label that doesn't just use a race/culture to define it...
Any other ideas?
I believe Welcher is the term.
Welcher sounds derogatory to the Welsh... Im looking for something that is that label that doesn't just use a race/culture to define it...
Any other ideas?
scumbag
deadbeat
loser
I agree that this guy is all of those things...
but it just describes a person with no honor...
I am looking for a word to describe the choice specifically not try to pretend like the bet never happened after they lose....
scumbag
deadbeat
loser
I agree that this guy is all of those things...
but it just describes a person with no honor...
I am looking for a word to describe the choice specifically not try to pretend like the bet never happened after they lose....
all most answers are correct
of course you can get really colorful adding a few words
you person mother fucking piece of shit dead beat welcher loser scum cheater dirt bag dishonarble liar pusssy ass wipe waste of life PAY UP !
![]()
all most answers are correct
of course you can get really colorful adding a few words
you person mother fucking piece of shit dead beat welcher loser scum cheater dirt bag dishonarble liar pusssy ass wipe waste of life PAY UP !
![]()
I have beaten guys outta some money on the golf course and they leave with out paying, Its happened multiple times. We call it getting trunk slammed
Im sure more then one person would want to trunk slam this type of guy...
Good description for what we as gamblers would want to do with a character like this... But I guess I am looking for a word to describe this type of person that does not honor bets they make... But rather then disappearing and never coming back, they hang around and pretend like the bet never happened hoping people will forget...
Its kinda of a mix of being a pathological liar with no honor, then you come back and continue being a liar hoping that no one will notice...
I have beaten guys outta some money on the golf course and they leave with out paying, Its happened multiple times. We call it getting trunk slammed
Im sure more then one person would want to trunk slam this type of guy...
Good description for what we as gamblers would want to do with a character like this... But I guess I am looking for a word to describe this type of person that does not honor bets they make... But rather then disappearing and never coming back, they hang around and pretend like the bet never happened hoping people will forget...
Its kinda of a mix of being a pathological liar with no honor, then you come back and continue being a liar hoping that no one will notice...
Taffy was a Welshman,
Taffy was a thief;
Taffy came to my house
And stole a piece of beef.
Nice nursery rhyme... So should we call this type of guy a "taffy"?
It is difficult to think of another word then the term "Welsh" as it is commonly used is the best description... Technically this is like someone who would "welsh" on a promise...
Taffy was a Welshman,
Taffy was a thief;
Taffy came to my house
And stole a piece of beef.
Nice nursery rhyme... So should we call this type of guy a "taffy"?
It is difficult to think of another word then the term "Welsh" as it is commonly used is the best description... Technically this is like someone who would "welsh" on a promise...
Welcher-to "welch" on a bet?
gypt- to do like gyptsies?
Indiangiver-say no more.
All very non-PC
This sob is a piker-as in turnpiker-as in thief.
I never thought about the getting "gpyted" as in getting ripped of as referring to gyptsies...
but you are correct...
Piker is an interesting angle... I had to look it up as I am not familiar with the term...
pik·er
I think #1 seem fitting. #2 by implications. #3 im not sure how he gambles...
But this was a good suggestion
Welcher-to "welch" on a bet?
gypt- to do like gyptsies?
Indiangiver-say no more.
All very non-PC
This sob is a piker-as in turnpiker-as in thief.
I never thought about the getting "gpyted" as in getting ripped of as referring to gyptsies...
but you are correct...
Piker is an interesting angle... I had to look it up as I am not familiar with the term...
pik·er
I think #1 seem fitting. #2 by implications. #3 im not sure how he gambles...
But this was a good suggestion
I never thought about the getting "gpyted" as in getting ripped of as referring to gyptsies...
but you are correct...
Piker is an interesting angle... I had to look it up as I am not familiar with the term...
pik·er
I think #1 seem fitting. #2 by implications. #3 im not sure how he gambles...
But this was a good suggestion
pik·er[pahy-ker]
I never thought about the getting "gpyted" as in getting ripped of as referring to gyptsies...
but you are correct...
Piker is an interesting angle... I had to look it up as I am not familiar with the term...
pik·er
I think #1 seem fitting. #2 by implications. #3 im not sure how he gambles...
But this was a good suggestion
pik·er[pahy-ker]
Even though I am repeating the above, I like these to describe a person who is dumb enough to bet on credit and decides that they do not want to fulfill their obligation to pay:
Welcher (They should have a full, unopened can of Welch's grape juice shoved up their rectum)
Deadbeat (If they end up dead, I would not waste any tears on them)
Stiff (They deserve to be stiff when buried 6 feet under)
Reneger (As InternetTuffGuy inferred, Scalabrine thinks this is being called black again)
I dont think it has anything to do with welches grape juice... lol..
This was not a case of betting on credit tho... but we have all been there before from pathological liars who make bets on credit saying they are "good for it"...
But most of the times these guys take the money and run... Im looking for the type of guy who returns and hangs around, trying to pretend that he never made the bet... and even in the face of people confronting him on it, he refuses to acknowledge what happened...
This is a different type of "low life" that I am trying to figure out an appropriate word to describe this type of person...
Even though I am repeating the above, I like these to describe a person who is dumb enough to bet on credit and decides that they do not want to fulfill their obligation to pay:
Welcher (They should have a full, unopened can of Welch's grape juice shoved up their rectum)
Deadbeat (If they end up dead, I would not waste any tears on them)
Stiff (They deserve to be stiff when buried 6 feet under)
Reneger (As InternetTuffGuy inferred, Scalabrine thinks this is being called black again)
I dont think it has anything to do with welches grape juice... lol..
This was not a case of betting on credit tho... but we have all been there before from pathological liars who make bets on credit saying they are "good for it"...
But most of the times these guys take the money and run... Im looking for the type of guy who returns and hangs around, trying to pretend that he never made the bet... and even in the face of people confronting him on it, he refuses to acknowledge what happened...
This is a different type of "low life" that I am trying to figure out an appropriate word to describe this type of person...
............a dead man
One would think... and amongst people with honor, basic respect or gambling etiquette....
But this type of guy obviously has none...
Recently though, he seems to have one "bff" who is supporting the "deadbeat/welcher/stiff/renegar" on his trying to play it off as if he never made the bet...
everyone else is pointing out the bet not being honored... but rumors are that perhaps the two are more then friends
At least that what it seems with him not wanting his "bff" to disappear... I mean if it was uncomfortable with guy trying to play off the bet, the whole "bro-mance" between these two guys just makes the uncomfortableness way worse...
............a dead man
One would think... and amongst people with honor, basic respect or gambling etiquette....
But this type of guy obviously has none...
Recently though, he seems to have one "bff" who is supporting the "deadbeat/welcher/stiff/renegar" on his trying to play it off as if he never made the bet...
everyone else is pointing out the bet not being honored... but rumors are that perhaps the two are more then friends
At least that what it seems with him not wanting his "bff" to disappear... I mean if it was uncomfortable with guy trying to play off the bet, the whole "bro-mance" between these two guys just makes the uncomfortableness way worse...
...a punching bag
I think this is good description of what someone would want to do to a lowlife like this, and he has been the punching bag for many a joke, but I still dont think that this is a good word to describe the situation...
...a punching bag
I think this is good description of what someone would want to do to a lowlife like this, and he has been the punching bag for many a joke, but I still dont think that this is a good word to describe the situation...
ty for the welcome
sounds like it was an internet bet with someone from here or another site
good luck getting paid
banned already? Alias perhaps?
ty for the welcome
sounds like it was an internet bet with someone from here or another site
good luck getting paid
banned already? Alias perhaps?
dead?
You would think... but I think that the situation is one that everyone is still pointing out to the guy that bet is not honored and he still is trying to play it off like nothing ever happened...
I think it is one thing to argue the terms of the bet, or say it was unfair... but I think the terms and outcome of the bet were pretty clear and the guy just does not have the character and basic gambler etiquette to pay up and honor the bet...
we have all been there with this type of person... but what this low life is doing is just pathetic...
dead?
You would think... but I think that the situation is one that everyone is still pointing out to the guy that bet is not honored and he still is trying to play it off like nothing ever happened...
I think it is one thing to argue the terms of the bet, or say it was unfair... but I think the terms and outcome of the bet were pretty clear and the guy just does not have the character and basic gambler etiquette to pay up and honor the bet...
we have all been there with this type of person... but what this low life is doing is just pathetic...
Hot Forum Topics
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,355
- Thursday 10/08/2026 435
- 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,888
- PART DEUX 151
- TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 842
- I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,853
- Week 6 Money 8,358
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,240
- 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,792
- NFL LOCKED IN! 105,238
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
