• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Ever Met Anyone Famous?

    123 Next Last»
    Cassidy2k4
    TheGoldenGoose
    Slobbasaurus
    HockeyTeeth
    GimmeMoneyNow
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4751
    Posts: 70
    123 Next Last»
     
    Cassidy2k4
    Cassidy2k4
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 1174
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2017 - 1:42 AM ET #1

    Sure someone's done this topic before but let's do it again.. Ever met anyone famous while in the casino gambling or just in your everyday encounters??
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Sure someone's done this topic before but let's do it again.. Ever met anyone famous while in the casino gambling or just in your everyday encounters??
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2017 - 2:01 AM ET #2

    Cashed in my chips at a Blackjack table, turned around, and was face-to-face with Jerry Springer who just did a show.  He was very cool.  Just said "you did good, very happy for you".
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Cashed in my chips at a Blackjack table, turned around, and was face-to-face with Jerry Springer who just did a show.  He was very cool.  Just said "you did good, very happy for you".
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2017 - 5:19 AM ET #3

    Met Zach Parise, Brian Gionta and Jay Pandolfo before a Dane Cook (yes- He's that terrible) show at the Brick City Bar in Grill in Newark.  

    Really cool guys, but I think most NHL players are compared to players in the NFL or NBA.  
    Reply
    Met Zach Parise, Brian Gionta and Jay Pandolfo before a Dane Cook (yes- He's that terrible) show at the Brick City Bar in Grill in Newark.  

    Really cool guys, but I think most NHL players are compared to players in the NFL or NBA.  
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2017 - 8:19 AM ET #4

    Had season tickets to the NHL Whalers and Mark Johnson (pengs, whalers), used to stewed with us before gametime. 
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Had season tickets to the NHL Whalers and Mark Johnson (pengs, whalers), used to stewed with us before gametime. 
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2017 - 8:44 AM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Had season tickets to the NHL Whalers and Mark Johnson (pengs, whalers), used to stewed with us before gametime. 

    That still blows my mind that they re-locate a team from a hockey town of Hartford to North Carolina.  

    The NHL stumps me.  Vegas has a team but Quebec City doesn't.  At least the Jets are back in Winnepeg, but word is a new expansion team is coming to Seattle.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Had season tickets to the NHL Whalers and Mark Johnson (pengs, whalers), used to stewed with us before gametime. 

    That still blows my mind that they re-locate a team from a hockey town of Hartford to North Carolina.  

    The NHL stumps me.  Vegas has a team but Quebec City doesn't.  At least the Jets are back in Winnepeg, but word is a new expansion team is coming to Seattle.  
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2017 - 8:54 AM ET #6

    It was Politics up here in Hartrord.

     Governor Rogen is still in jail.  LOL.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    It was Politics up here in Hartrord.

     Governor Rogen is still in jail.  LOL.
     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2017 - 10:25 AM ET #7

    Dimaggio, eastwood, bobby hull, yvan couroyer, sam snead, jerry rice, devon white, scotty bowman dave keon, darryl sittler kelly gruber. Met a bunch used to work in entertaiment sports marketing. 

    Reply

    Dimaggio, eastwood, bobby hull, yvan couroyer, sam snead, jerry rice, devon white, scotty bowman dave keon, darryl sittler kelly gruber. Met a bunch used to work in entertaiment sports marketing. 

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2017 - 5:04 PM ET #8

    NHL Whaler enforcer Gordie Roberts was another one with a short fuse.  I was always the guy entrusted to put a bug in his ear,  All I had to do was buy him a drink and set him loose with fire in his eyes  LMAO!!!


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    NHL Whaler enforcer Gordie Roberts was another one with a short fuse.  I was always the guy entrusted to put a bug in his ear,  All I had to do was buy him a drink and set him loose with fire in his eyes  LMAO!!!


     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2017 - 6:13 PM ET #9

    When I was a stupid teenager, I had a nice talk with Jon "Bowzer" Bauman from Sha-Na-Na at a charity festival/event that was in L.A. (I think his son or something was attending the school at the time) seemed like a nice enough guy.....
    Also, around the same time I was working at a service station (showing my age a little) and (I'll have to alter his name because of the Covers police) D!ck Van Patten drove in in a brand new Cadillac - Let's just say he lived up to his first name.....
    Also, Michael Anthony from Van Halen lived up my street (in the gated off part) circa 1986 - - I remember my brother & I snuck behind the gates, rang the doorbell, and his wife answered. She was like "Michael!!! Some kid's want your autograph!!!" And he gave it to us!!!

    Just from living in Southern California, So many 'C', 'D', 'F' - Listers, I can't name them all here - those were just the coolest stories.....

    Good Topic!
    Reply
    When I was a stupid teenager, I had a nice talk with Jon "Bowzer" Bauman from Sha-Na-Na at a charity festival/event that was in L.A. (I think his son or something was attending the school at the time) seemed like a nice enough guy.....
    Also, around the same time I was working at a service station (showing my age a little) and (I'll have to alter his name because of the Covers police) D!ck Van Patten drove in in a brand new Cadillac - Let's just say he lived up to his first name.....
    Also, Michael Anthony from Van Halen lived up my street (in the gated off part) circa 1986 - - I remember my brother & I snuck behind the gates, rang the doorbell, and his wife answered. She was like "Michael!!! Some kid's want your autograph!!!" And he gave it to us!!!

    Just from living in Southern California, So many 'C', 'D', 'F' - Listers, I can't name them all here - those were just the coolest stories.....

    Good Topic!
     
    VanDutch
    VanDutch
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 15203
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2017 - 7:13 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    When I was a stupid teenager, I had a nice talk with Jon "Bowzer" Bauman from Sha-Na-Na at a charity festival/event that was in L.A. (I think his son or something was attending the school at the time) seemed like a nice enough guy.....
    Also, around the same time I was working at a service station (showing my age a little) and (I'll have to alter his name because of the Covers police) D!ck Van Patten drove in in a brand new Cadillac - Let's just say he lived up to his first name.....
    Also, Michael Anthony from Van Halen lived up my street (in the gated off part) circa 1986 - - I remember my brother & I snuck behind the gates, rang the doorbell, and his wife answered. She was like "Michael!!! Some kid's want your autograph!!!" And he gave it to us!!!

    Just from living in Southern California, So many 'C', 'D', 'F' - Listers, I can't name them all here - those were just the coolest stories.....

    Good Topic!


    I live a couple miles from there . My youngest goes to St. Lucy's. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMoneyNow:

    When I was a stupid teenager, I had a nice talk with Jon "Bowzer" Bauman from Sha-Na-Na at a charity festival/event that was in L.A. (I think his son or something was attending the school at the time) seemed like a nice enough guy.....
    Also, around the same time I was working at a service station (showing my age a little) and (I'll have to alter his name because of the Covers police) D!ck Van Patten drove in in a brand new Cadillac - Let's just say he lived up to his first name.....
    Also, Michael Anthony from Van Halen lived up my street (in the gated off part) circa 1986 - - I remember my brother & I snuck behind the gates, rang the doorbell, and his wife answered. She was like "Michael!!! Some kid's want your autograph!!!" And he gave it to us!!!

    Just from living in Southern California, So many 'C', 'D', 'F' - Listers, I can't name them all here - those were just the coolest stories.....

    Good Topic!


    I live a couple miles from there . My youngest goes to St. Lucy's. 
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2017 - 8:15 PM ET #11

    Phil Rizzuto (really cool), Dennis Miller (self absorbed prick), Teri Hatcher (smelled really good).  
    Reply
    Phil Rizzuto (really cool), Dennis Miller (self absorbed prick), Teri Hatcher (smelled really good).  
     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2017 - 8:19 PM ET #12

    Met the T.V Maytag repair mans brother in Maui 25 years ago...
    Reply
    Met the T.V Maytag repair mans brother in Maui 25 years ago...
     
    LarryWayne10
    LarryWayne10
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2009
    Posts: 2927
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2017 - 12:08 AM ET #13

    Frank Thomas, Harmon Killebrew, Garrison Hearst (played on my softball team randomly), Usher, Rodney Harrison, Matt Ryan, John Smoltz, Emanuel Lewis (Webster lol). All were nice and respectful dudes
    Reply
    Frank Thomas, Harmon Killebrew, Garrison Hearst (played on my softball team randomly), Usher, Rodney Harrison, Matt Ryan, John Smoltz, Emanuel Lewis (Webster lol). All were nice and respectful dudes
     
    GimmeMoneyNow
    GimmeMoneyNow
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2017 - 12:57 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:



    I live a couple miles from there . My youngest goes to St. Lucy's. 


    Too funny, my older sister went there. And here I thought everyone on here was from back East or Canada.....
    Out of respect for my sister & your daughter, we won't go into the obvious "nickname" we all had for that all-girl's Catholic school - but you can only imagine with a name like "Lucy's".
    Anyways - I lost many a ball down Grand Ave. We had a rule - if you couldn't see it past Sierra Madre, it was gone.....

    Good Times.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by VanDutch:



    I live a couple miles from there . My youngest goes to St. Lucy's. 


    Too funny, my older sister went there. And here I thought everyone on here was from back East or Canada.....
    Out of respect for my sister & your daughter, we won't go into the obvious "nickname" we all had for that all-girl's Catholic school - but you can only imagine with a name like "Lucy's".
    Anyways - I lost many a ball down Grand Ave. We had a rule - if you couldn't see it past Sierra Madre, it was gone.....

    Good Times.....
     
    Goggles-Pisano
    Goggles-Pisano
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 2693
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2017 - 10:56 AM ET #15

    We were in the museun of natural history in ny in the mid 90's. It was a weekday with small crowds. While in a room looking at stuff with my 4 and 6 year old kids in walks this entourage with a ny times reporter who asks me if he could take my kids picture with "him". Me being clueless didnt know who he was.
    Well, my kids picture was taken by the ny times reporter and the Dalai Lama. Stood between them with 1 hand on each little kids shoulder. I didn't have a camera but the reporter told me he send me a few pictures...... which never came. person!
    Reply
    We were in the museun of natural history in ny in the mid 90's. It was a weekday with small crowds. While in a room looking at stuff with my 4 and 6 year old kids in walks this entourage with a ny times reporter who asks me if he could take my kids picture with "him". Me being clueless didnt know who he was.
    Well, my kids picture was taken by the ny times reporter and the Dalai Lama. Stood between them with 1 hand on each little kids shoulder. I didn't have a camera but the reporter told me he send me a few pictures...... which never came. person!
     
    Cassidy2k4
    Cassidy2k4
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 1174
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2017 - 12:22 PM ET #16

    Cool stories fellas
    Reply
    Cool stories fellas
     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2017 - 1:45 PM ET #17

    Unless someone met ali, dalai lama is the winner here.

    peace_5

     

     

    Reply

    Unless someone met ali, dalai lama is the winner here.

    peace_5

     

     

     
    lennon65
    lennon65
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2005
    Posts: 15001
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2017 - 2:00 PM ET #18

    ritchie blackmore at a bar on long island. he joined us on the foozball table. he was really down to earth with us. billy joel on a flight to Va. Mario Lemieux on a Vegas overpass between Caesars and Barbary Coast. Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel at Mets/Cards playoff game at Shea.

    Reply

    ritchie blackmore at a bar on long island. he joined us on the foozball table. he was really down to earth with us. billy joel on a flight to Va. Mario Lemieux on a Vegas overpass between Caesars and Barbary Coast. Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russel at Mets/Cards playoff game at Shea.

     
    Rostos
    Rostos
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 27785
    Posted: Dec. 30, 2017 - 8:22 PM ET #19

    In a Vegas nightclub i met Paul Pierce. 

    I also met Dennis Rodman, he was dancing next to me lol

    When i was at a black jack table, i heard some cheers, then next minute i look up and Rihanna is sitting at the end of my table playing black jack. PS, she was only betting $10 a hand.

    Lebron was also at a party party organised by the hotel i wa staying at. I was within a few feet of him but never met him.

    Reply

    In a Vegas nightclub i met Paul Pierce. 

    I also met Dennis Rodman, he was dancing next to me lol

    When i was at a black jack table, i heard some cheers, then next minute i look up and Rihanna is sitting at the end of my table playing black jack. PS, she was only betting $10 a hand.

    Lebron was also at a party party organised by the hotel i wa staying at. I was within a few feet of him but never met him.

     
    MIZUNO22
    MIZUNO22
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 648
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2017 - 2:58 AM ET #20

    Every November, I do a baseball missions trip in the Dominican Republic.  During clinics, I noticed in the outfield, Mariano Rivera in a catchers' squat, catching some kids & giving instruction.  I've caught for 19 yrs at various levels.  I approached him and said, "hey, I can do this", he's like, "you sure", I'm like, "yeah".  He proceeds to go out to the mound and gives instruction while throwing to me.  He wasn't going all out, (mid 70's mph) but I did get a good look at the cutter.  Lasted about 15-20 pitches, and I knew to savor every moment.

    Reply

    Every November, I do a baseball missions trip in the Dominican Republic.  During clinics, I noticed in the outfield, Mariano Rivera in a catchers' squat, catching some kids & giving instruction.  I've caught for 19 yrs at various levels.  I approached him and said, "hey, I can do this", he's like, "you sure", I'm like, "yeah".  He proceeds to go out to the mound and gives instruction while throwing to me.  He wasn't going all out, (mid 70's mph) but I did get a good look at the cutter.  Lasted about 15-20 pitches, and I knew to savor every moment.

     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Jan. 2, 2018 - 9:53 AM ET #21

    Worked Room service for years for the Hyatt 

    You learn real quick 90%+ of celebrities are entitled A-Holes = 

    Here are some of the best of the requierments 

     I only eat food that BLUE

    i AM DEATHLY ALLERGIC TO WATER 

     I need Arrows taped to the floor , so I don't have to pick my head up ...Messes with my Vocal cords ..

    MR X needs you to take his order while starring in a mirror...

    MRS X only eats kosher food , but needs to blow the bell hop ( who has all the STD's)

    MIss X can only eat her food at exactly 5:43 and needs her tray removed at exactly 6:02 and you must be blindfolded ...


    After awhile you just ask their handlers before they arrive ..." What nonsense is required when dealing with your Highness ?"   
    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    Worked Room service for years for the Hyatt 

    You learn real quick 90%+ of celebrities are entitled A-Holes = 

    Here are some of the best of the requierments 

     I only eat food that BLUE

    i AM DEATHLY ALLERGIC TO WATER 

     I need Arrows taped to the floor , so I don't have to pick my head up ...Messes with my Vocal cords ..

    MR X needs you to take his order while starring in a mirror...

    MRS X only eats kosher food , but needs to blow the bell hop ( who has all the STD's)

    MIss X can only eat her food at exactly 5:43 and needs her tray removed at exactly 6:02 and you must be blindfolded ...


    After awhile you just ask their handlers before they arrive ..." What nonsense is required when dealing with your Highness ?"   
     
    MIZUNO22
    MIZUNO22
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 648
    Posted: Jan. 2, 2018 - 6:32 PM ET #22

    Oh man DoubleUp4Life!, whether they be true or false, we need names for each of those.

    Reply

    Oh man DoubleUp4Life!, whether they be true or false, we need names for each of those.

     
    iceman67
    iceman67
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2009
    Posts: 3253
    Posted: Jan. 2, 2018 - 6:36 PM ET #23

    In my 20's and 30's I met hundreds,,,  mostly athletes. 

     But the one I cant remember is the most unique.    When I was about 9 months old my mom went to see Robert Kennedy on the campaign trail in Medford OR.   She got up close enough to have him pat me on the head and shake hands with her....    Then he was killed the next week.
    Reply
    In my 20's and 30's I met hundreds,,,  mostly athletes. 

     But the one I cant remember is the most unique.    When I was about 9 months old my mom went to see Robert Kennedy on the campaign trail in Medford OR.   She got up close enough to have him pat me on the head and shake hands with her....    Then he was killed the next week.
     
    vetdrm
    vetdrm
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2003
    Posts: 14987
    Posted: Jan. 2, 2018 - 8:05 PM ET #24


     Great topic 
    Used to Dive limo.
    Picked up Jerry Seinfeld at a private airport
    Not to talkative but cordial . A magician[cant recall his name.
    UFO  front man,Phil Mogg
    Also drove Oprah Winfrey's mom on a regular basis. 

    Japanese vip's coming in by  Private Jet .
    Don Adams[Get Smart] back in the day ,as well as Lyle Lovett.
    Love birds proposing and love bird feuding.
    Great part time job when I was young and enthusiastic.
    Got burned out working a full time job besides.
    Some late nights and taxes were killing me.

    Oh and I did learn this .
    As a whole,white collar dont tip worth a sh*t.
    Blue collar
    Reply

     Great topic 
    Used to Dive limo.
    Picked up Jerry Seinfeld at a private airport
    Not to talkative but cordial . A magician[cant recall his name.
    UFO  front man,Phil Mogg
    Also drove Oprah Winfrey's mom on a regular basis. 

    Japanese vip's coming in by  Private Jet .
    Don Adams[Get Smart] back in the day ,as well as Lyle Lovett.
    Love birds proposing and love bird feuding.
    Great part time job when I was young and enthusiastic.
    Got burned out working a full time job besides.
    Some late nights and taxes were killing me.

    Oh and I did learn this .
    As a whole,white collar dont tip worth a sh*t.
    Blue collar
     
     
    gold6185
    gold6185
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 1168
    Posted: Jan. 5, 2018 - 12:47 AM ET #25

    person Clark in Florida & waited & met Rodney Dangerfield after a show in Chicago. Rodney smelled like weed & was dressed in street clothes & we talked for a few minutes before he jumped into his limo.
    Reply
    person Clark in Florida & waited & met Rodney Dangerfield after a show in Chicago. Rodney smelled like weed & was dressed in street clothes & we talked for a few minutes before he jumped into his limo.
    All Forums | General Discussion
    123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,895
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,613
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 445
    • MLB Playoffs 16,972
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,304
    • PART DEUX 139
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,363
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,269
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,149
    • Week 6 Money 5,911

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.