• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Do you tell your wife\girlfriend about your bets?

    12 Next Last»
    North-Japan
    HockeyTeeth
    SarasotaSlim
    The Hawk
    searchwarrant
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1995
    Posts: 28
    12 Next Last»
     
    North-Japan
    North-Japan
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2017
    Posts: 747
    Posted: Nov. 3, 2017 - 8:16 PM ET #1

    Just wondering... I hide some, show some.
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Just wondering... I hide some, show some.
     
    HockeyTeeth
    HockeyTeeth
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 3675
    Posted: Nov. 3, 2017 - 8:56 PM ET #2

    Tell the girlfriend, not the wife.


    Hope this helps.
    Reply
    Tell the girlfriend, not the wife.


    Hope this helps.
     
    SarasotaSlim
    SarasotaSlim
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 35524
    Posted: Nov. 3, 2017 - 10:18 PM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyTeeth:

    Tell the girlfriend, not the wife.


    Hope this helps.


    Exactly .............
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyTeeth:

    Tell the girlfriend, not the wife.


    Hope this helps.


    Exactly .............
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Nov. 3, 2017 - 11:20 PM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by North-Japan:

    Just wondering... I hide some, show some.

    Me, too. 

    Only I'm not talking about bets.................
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by North-Japan:

    Just wondering... I hide some, show some.

    Me, too. 

    Only I'm not talking about bets.................
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Nov. 4, 2017 - 1:16 AM ET #5

    They love it for the few 1st bets if you let em in but after that they see how insane we are. Then the problems start. 

    Looking at cell phone score constantly... they notice.
    omfg he's a total degenerate. 
    Reply
    They love it for the few 1st bets if you let em in but after that they see how insane we are. Then the problems start. 

    Looking at cell phone score constantly... they notice.
    omfg he's a total degenerate. 
     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Nov. 4, 2017 - 1:20 AM ET #6

    If you don't she'll think you're screwing around from the constant cell phone checking.
    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply
    If you don't she'll think you're screwing around from the constant cell phone checking.
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Nov. 4, 2017 - 2:02 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    If you don't she'll think you're screwing around from the constant cell phone checking.


    bingo. best to be straight up front. Tell them "this is what I do." 
    Go date a stock day trader, same guy but worse. bigger swings. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by StumpTownStu:

    If you don't she'll think you're screwing around from the constant cell phone checking.


    bingo. best to be straight up front. Tell them "this is what I do." 
    Go date a stock day trader, same guy but worse. bigger swings. 

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Nov. 4, 2017 - 2:06 AM ET #8

    ....I was both. They never complained when we I handed her the credit card and said go buy wtf ever you like but nothing over 5g.

    Stocks/sports betting same game. Pick the women carefully.
    Reply
    ....I was both. They never complained when we I handed her the credit card and said go buy wtf ever you like but nothing over 5g.

    Stocks/sports betting same game. Pick the women carefully.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Nov. 4, 2017 - 2:31 AM ET #9

    Most important thing that most gamblers don't do is have a separate gambling bankroll.  Then it makes no difference if they know or not.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Most important thing that most gamblers don't do is have a separate gambling bankroll.  Then it makes no difference if they know or not.


     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Nov. 4, 2017 - 9:34 AM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Most important thing that most gamblers don't do is have a separate gambling bankroll.  Then it makes no difference if they know or not.


    Goose, once again, 

    I call mine my 401-G
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:

    Most important thing that most gamblers don't do is have a separate gambling bankroll.  Then it makes no difference if they know or not.


    Goose, once again, 

    I call mine my 401-G
     
    North-Japan
    North-Japan
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2017
    Posts: 747
    Posted: Nov. 4, 2017 - 1:34 PM ET #11

    thanks guys. I'm married, have two kids. 

    so i'm like


    Reply
    thanks guys. I'm married, have two kids. 

    so i'm like


     
    North-Japan
    North-Japan
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2017
    Posts: 747
    Posted: Nov. 4, 2017 - 1:37 PM ET #12

    Also, I Do have a separate bankroll as the Goldengoose guy. That's important to keep her minding her on business.
    Reply
    Also, I Do have a separate bankroll as the Goldengoose guy. That's important to keep her minding her on business.
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Nov. 4, 2017 - 4:45 PM ET #13

    My MRS. knew I was a gambler , but she didnt know I was a total DEGEN .....

    WE went to GA together about 5 years ago, she was shocked that 75% of the people there were women ... Many of who had blown their life savings on slots , or stolen big money from their jobs ,,,

    WE stopped going 2 months in ...




    Sometimes watches the games with me ... 

    Still have to sleep on the couch ( some weeks )
    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    My MRS. knew I was a gambler , but she didnt know I was a total DEGEN .....

    WE went to GA together about 5 years ago, she was shocked that 75% of the people there were women ... Many of who had blown their life savings on slots , or stolen big money from their jobs ,,,

    WE stopped going 2 months in ...




    Sometimes watches the games with me ... 

    Still have to sleep on the couch ( some weeks )
     
    dcp1985
    dcp1985
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2014
    Posts: 2063
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2017 - 9:53 AM ET #14

    75% are women??  Perhaps I need to check out this GA....
    Reply
    75% are women??  Perhaps I need to check out this GA....
     
    666LES
    666LES
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 4321
    Posted: Nov. 6, 2017 - 4:22 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by dcp1985:

    75% are women??  Perhaps I need to check out this GA....

    I've never gone to the GA,but I did go to something like it AA....not as many Women and really no fun at all.No sense of Humor either.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by dcp1985:

    75% are women??  Perhaps I need to check out this GA....

    I've never gone to the GA,but I did go to something like it AA....not as many Women and really no fun at all.No sense of Humor either.
     
    brookster
    brookster
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 168
    Posted: Nov. 12, 2017 - 2:01 AM ET #16

    Don’t always tell but don’t hide and never lie. She knew what she signed up for
    Reply
    Don’t always tell but don’t hide and never lie. She knew what she signed up for
     
    TheBuddah
    TheBuddah
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 4193
    Posted: Nov. 12, 2017 - 12:09 PM ET #17

    brookster - i'm with ya. It's easier that way.
    Reply
    brookster - i'm with ya. It's easier that way.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Nov. 12, 2017 - 2:34 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

    My MRS. knew I was a gambler , but she didnt know I was a total DEGEN .....

    WE went to GA together about 5 years ago, she was shocked that 75% of the people there were women ... Many of who had blown their life savings on slots , or stolen big money from their jobs ,,,

    WE stopped going 2 months in ...




    Sometimes watches the games with me ... 

    Still have to sleep on the couch ( some weeks )


    Went to a GA meeting ONCE in my life.

    About 40 years ago.

    They all went around the circle telling their weekly stories and since I was new I had to go last.  When they finally got to me I told them they were all a bunch of liars and hypocrites.

    Given up on gambling and had been clean for 2 years???

    Right.  Like I was supposed to believe these LOSERS???

    Never been back since.

    And separate bedrooms solves that couch problem.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp4Life:

    My MRS. knew I was a gambler , but she didnt know I was a total DEGEN .....

    WE went to GA together about 5 years ago, she was shocked that 75% of the people there were women ... Many of who had blown their life savings on slots , or stolen big money from their jobs ,,,

    WE stopped going 2 months in ...




    Sometimes watches the games with me ... 

    Still have to sleep on the couch ( some weeks )


    Went to a GA meeting ONCE in my life.

    About 40 years ago.

    They all went around the circle telling their weekly stories and since I was new I had to go last.  When they finally got to me I told them they were all a bunch of liars and hypocrites.

    Given up on gambling and had been clean for 2 years???

    Right.  Like I was supposed to believe these LOSERS???

    Never been back since.

    And separate bedrooms solves that couch problem.
     
    SUPEREAGLE43
    SUPEREAGLE43
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 1926
    Posted: Nov. 13, 2017 - 11:51 AM ET #19

    I keep a separate bankroll. I don’t lie about it, I just never bring it up. She could never comprehend how hard it is to grow/manage a bankroll. If she knows specifics and you get ahead a few thousand then suddenly it’s time to replace the ceiling fans, or get some new rugs, etc...then if you act like you don’t want to spend a little of the money you look like a selfish prick and then friction starts because you know deep down that NO bankroll is ever large enough or safe.
    Reply
    I keep a separate bankroll. I don’t lie about it, I just never bring it up. She could never comprehend how hard it is to grow/manage a bankroll. If she knows specifics and you get ahead a few thousand then suddenly it’s time to replace the ceiling fans, or get some new rugs, etc...then if you act like you don’t want to spend a little of the money you look like a selfish prick and then friction starts because you know deep down that NO bankroll is ever large enough or safe.
     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8064
    Posted: Nov. 15, 2017 - 5:20 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    Went to a GA meeting ONCE in my life.

    About 40 years ago.

    They all went around the circle telling their weekly stories and since I was new I had to go last.  When they finally got to me I told them they were all a bunch of liars and hypocrites.

    Given up on gambling and had been clean for 2 years???

    Right.  Like I was supposed to believe these LOSERS???

    Never been back since.

    And separate bedrooms solves that couch problem.



     Too true of a post ...


    I WILL never attend a GA meeting because I KNOW I'm a DEGENERATE gambler 

    The TRUTH hurts but it still is up to me to CONTROL my actions and decisions..

    And GG, your post about "approaching" any  BJ table..and corresponding,  etiquette,  was absolutely PRICELESS and informative BEFORE anyone might sit down at any BJ table..from $5 to $100  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:



    Went to a GA meeting ONCE in my life.

    About 40 years ago.

    They all went around the circle telling their weekly stories and since I was new I had to go last.  When they finally got to me I told them they were all a bunch of liars and hypocrites.

    Given up on gambling and had been clean for 2 years???

    Right.  Like I was supposed to believe these LOSERS???

    Never been back since.

    And separate bedrooms solves that couch problem.



     Too true of a post ...


    I WILL never attend a GA meeting because I KNOW I'm a DEGENERATE gambler 

    The TRUTH hurts but it still is up to me to CONTROL my actions and decisions..

    And GG, your post about "approaching" any  BJ table..and corresponding,  etiquette,  was absolutely PRICELESS and informative BEFORE anyone might sit down at any BJ table..from $5 to $100  
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: Jan. 17, 2018 - 4:30 AM ET #21

    Only tell them about the wins.
    Reply
    Only tell them about the wins.
     
    The Hawk
    The Hawk
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 19693
    Posted: Jan. 18, 2018 - 8:51 AM ET #22

    Buy them some jewelry and tell them, "brought to you by UCLA covering 8-1/2 points" and see what they say......thumbs_up

    Reply

    Buy them some jewelry and tell them, "brought to you by UCLA covering 8-1/2 points" and see what they say......thumbs_up

     
    nature1970
    nature1970
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 21593
    Posted: Jan. 18, 2018 - 9:39 AM ET #23

    Be honest because if you don’t she will ketch you anyway any new relationship I always inform I drink smoke gamble those are my vices. Have not drank in 3 long hard months but my smoking has increased ten fold. Tax day I wil again....  

    Reply

    Be honest because if you don’t she will ketch you anyway any new relationship I always inform I drink smoke gamble those are my vices. Have not drank in 3 long hard months but my smoking has increased ten fold. Tax day I wil again....  

     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Jan. 18, 2018 - 9:46 AM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPEREAGLE43:

    I keep a separate bankroll. I don’t lie about it, I just never bring it up. She could never comprehend how hard it is to grow/manage a bankroll. If she knows specifics and you get ahead a few thousand then suddenly it’s time to replace the ceiling fans, or get some new rugs, etc...then if you act like you don’t want to spend a little of the money you look like a selfish prick and then friction starts because you know deep down that NO bankroll is ever large enough or safe.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPEREAGLE43:

    I keep a separate bankroll. I don’t lie about it, I just never bring it up. She could never comprehend how hard it is to grow/manage a bankroll. If she knows specifics and you get ahead a few thousand then suddenly it’s time to replace the ceiling fans, or get some new rugs, etc...then if you act like you don’t want to spend a little of the money you look like a selfish prick and then friction starts because you know deep down that NO bankroll is ever large enough or safe.

     
     
    LarryWayne10
    LarryWayne10
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2009
    Posts: 2927
    Posted: Jan. 18, 2018 - 11:50 PM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPEREAGLE43:

    I keep a separate bankroll. I don’t lie about it, I just never bring it up. She could never comprehend how hard it is to grow/manage a bankroll. If she knows specifics and you get ahead a few thousand then suddenly it’s time to replace the ceiling fans, or get some new rugs, etc...then if you act like you don’t want to spend a little of the money you look like a selfish prick and then friction starts because you know deep down that NO bankroll is ever large enough or safe.

    This.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPEREAGLE43:

    I keep a separate bankroll. I don’t lie about it, I just never bring it up. She could never comprehend how hard it is to grow/manage a bankroll. If she knows specifics and you get ahead a few thousand then suddenly it’s time to replace the ceiling fans, or get some new rugs, etc...then if you act like you don’t want to spend a little of the money you look like a selfish prick and then friction starts because you know deep down that NO bankroll is ever large enough or safe.

    This.

     

    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,899
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,615
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 446
    • MLB Playoffs 16,976
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,314
    • PART DEUX 139
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,366
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,269
    • How low can Trump go ? 29,155
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 218

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.