• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Cover brother Gambling will catch up to you

    12 Next Last»
    GOODCHOICEMAN
    BlackwaterOP
    bet24win
    Patience220186
    camby700
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1933
    Posts: 44
    12 Next Last»
     
    GOODCHOICEMAN
    GOODCHOICEMAN
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 2081
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2022 - 12:10 AM ET #1

    Just from experience, been gambling on and off for 10 years and just hit rock bottom ! I have heard and seen similar stories and just warning you to gamble responsibly. Never though it would happen to me, but in a blink of a eye , things can go sideways. The stress and anxiety and the work it takes to cap games , is not worth it ignoring time with family and friends. I’m still ok and didn’t get to a point where I have nothing , I just stopped right on time. But hearing stories , seeing people I know , and online stories , some individuals have not just lost money , they lost family, friends, business, homes, and have become homeless. Gambling is an addition and I wish the best for all of you. Officially retiring from the gambling word !

    Good Luck

    God Bless 

     

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    Just from experience, been gambling on and off for 10 years and just hit rock bottom ! I have heard and seen similar stories and just warning you to gamble responsibly. Never though it would happen to me, but in a blink of a eye , things can go sideways. The stress and anxiety and the work it takes to cap games , is not worth it ignoring time with family and friends. I’m still ok and didn’t get to a point where I have nothing , I just stopped right on time. But hearing stories , seeing people I know , and online stories , some individuals have not just lost money , they lost family, friends, business, homes, and have become homeless. Gambling is an addition and I wish the best for all of you. Officially retiring from the gambling word !

    Good Luck

    God Bless 

     

     
    BlackwaterOP
    BlackwaterOP
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 7051
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2022 - 12:18 AM ET #2

    God Bless brother!  You have made the right choice.  Gambling is an insidious disease.  It is fun at first and then can rip your life apart.  I applaud you for walking away from this Demon.  I think I may just walk out with you.    

    clover  

    Believe
    Reply

    God Bless brother!  You have made the right choice.  Gambling is an insidious disease.  It is fun at first and then can rip your life apart.  I applaud you for walking away from this Demon.  I think I may just walk out with you.    

    clover  

     
    bet24win
    bet24win
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 96
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2022 - 12:19 AM ET #3

    @GOODCHOICEMAN

     Good post and I completely agreed with you on everything. 

    Reply

    @GOODCHOICEMAN

     Good post and I completely agreed with you on everything. 

     
    GOODCHOICEMAN
    GOODCHOICEMAN
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 2081
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2022 - 12:33 AM ET #4

    It’s a rush won tons of money , but also lost a lot , and I came back to it every time . This time is different because I don’t want to lose everything I have and own. May story is just I lost a lot of my saving and ended up in small debt. It’s just hearing worst stories than mine, where people have got hurt , lost everything, and even people committing suicide. 

    First it’s started as a hobby and extra money, but it consumes you and get worst where you wager more and more until you spiral out of control 

     

    God bless 

     

    Reply

    It’s a rush won tons of money , but also lost a lot , and I came back to it every time . This time is different because I don’t want to lose everything I have and own. May story is just I lost a lot of my saving and ended up in small debt. It’s just hearing worst stories than mine, where people have got hurt , lost everything, and even people committing suicide. 

    First it’s started as a hobby and extra money, but it consumes you and get worst where you wager more and more until you spiral out of control 

     

    God bless 

     

     
    Patience220186
    Patience220186
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2021
    Posts: 101
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2022 - 12:40 AM ET #5

    Perhaps this is a sign in my life. I have also been gambling for approximately 15 years and just continuously raked up debt. As I have a well paid job it was not so bad at first. But I kept losing much more than my income and it has now come to a point where I am have so much personal debt that my salary does not cover my monthly payments to the financial institutions. I have not lost family yet and I need to stop now. I don't know what I will do next but I think I have no option but to come clean to my family as I need help. It is an addiction and I believe it is time to speak to professionals and go to meetings as I need to stop. It is an addiction. Thank you for posting this message and letting me type this out. No one in my life knows as I feel I cannot admit it to anyone for the fear of disappointment it will bring. 

    Reply

    Perhaps this is a sign in my life. I have also been gambling for approximately 15 years and just continuously raked up debt. As I have a well paid job it was not so bad at first. But I kept losing much more than my income and it has now come to a point where I am have so much personal debt that my salary does not cover my monthly payments to the financial institutions. I have not lost family yet and I need to stop now. I don't know what I will do next but I think I have no option but to come clean to my family as I need help. It is an addiction and I believe it is time to speak to professionals and go to meetings as I need to stop. It is an addiction. Thank you for posting this message and letting me type this out. No one in my life knows as I feel I cannot admit it to anyone for the fear of disappointment it will bring. 

     
    camby700
    camby700
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 34280
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2022 - 12:47 AM ET #6

    I agree....

    It's an addiction....

    I'm one of the lucky ones who's made a few last couple years but MANY YEARS of losing and chasing....

    Today....l control it...it doesn't control me.

    It's not for everyone....gambling responsibly is easier said than done. 

    I took nearly five years off from all of it...I mean a grand total of 8 dollars gambled in nearly five years...

    Not even a friendly hockey pool....

    Last year....came back...

    Up roughly 20K since but it doesn't wash away the 2plus decades of pain associated with losses.

    My story is rare....

    Key for me is sobriety....

    Staying sober equals responsible and profitable gambling....

    Staying drunk and high .....

    You know the rest..

    Bol to anyone who does what we do and more importantly...

    Bol to one who has the gambling addiction and wishes to STOP...

    Peace.. 

    peace

    peace_5

     

    Reply

    I agree....

    It's an addiction....

    I'm one of the lucky ones who's made a few last couple years but MANY YEARS of losing and chasing....

    Today....l control it...it doesn't control me.

    It's not for everyone....gambling responsibly is easier said than done. 

    I took nearly five years off from all of it...I mean a grand total of 8 dollars gambled in nearly five years...

    Not even a friendly hockey pool....

    Last year....came back...

    Up roughly 20K since but it doesn't wash away the 2plus decades of pain associated with losses.

    My story is rare....

    Key for me is sobriety....

    Staying sober equals responsible and profitable gambling....

    Staying drunk and high .....

    You know the rest..

    Bol to anyone who does what we do and more importantly...

    Bol to one who has the gambling addiction and wishes to STOP...

    Peace.. 

    peace

    peace_5

     

     
    DeaconPalmer
    DeaconPalmer
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2022
    Posts: 115
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2022 - 1:06 AM ET #7

    Even if I win week after week it comes at the expense of ignoring things that should be important bc of all the time and paying attention it requires. Then if you go cold you just want to read the Owen Wilson “don’t jump” book from Wedding Crashers. When it’s like that you know it’s not worth it. I envy those with disciple and self control lol 

    Reply

    Even if I win week after week it comes at the expense of ignoring things that should be important bc of all the time and paying attention it requires. Then if you go cold you just want to read the Owen Wilson “don’t jump” book from Wedding Crashers. When it’s like that you know it’s not worth it. I envy those with disciple and self control lol 

     
    bet24win
    bet24win
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2014
    Posts: 96
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2022 - 1:20 AM ET #8

    Good posts everyone. I really enjoyed reading your perspectives. For me personally, I am not doing too bad, but gambling consumes so much of my time to a point that I need to quit as well. 

    Reply

    Good posts everyone. I really enjoyed reading your perspectives. For me personally, I am not doing too bad, but gambling consumes so much of my time to a point that I need to quit as well. 

     
    Puerta2Puerta
    Puerta2Puerta
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2019
    Posts: 8110
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2022 - 1:50 AM ET #9

    I think it’s important for anyone that has a gambling problem to let their close ones know that you’re gambling. Also it’s important to know when to step away and when to stop whether you’re up or down big.

    the key is to maintain your ego.

    there is no wrong in losing. It’s the chasing that gets you down the hole deeper into a hole of misery.

    I’ve had a good week and tonight I wagered a game that I quite frankly shouldn’t have wagered. I lost and cashed out while I’m still up a good amount before I lose it all.

    I will continue to look at games from a far for a couple of days. But I won’t force it. 

    I’ve only been gambling for 3 years.. I was one of the lucky ones to start off hot but have had my shares of slumps. Key is to always walk away either to take a break or you walk away for good.

    Reply

    I think it’s important for anyone that has a gambling problem to let their close ones know that you’re gambling. Also it’s important to know when to step away and when to stop whether you’re up or down big.

    the key is to maintain your ego.

    there is no wrong in losing. It’s the chasing that gets you down the hole deeper into a hole of misery.

    I’ve had a good week and tonight I wagered a game that I quite frankly shouldn’t have wagered. I lost and cashed out while I’m still up a good amount before I lose it all.

    I will continue to look at games from a far for a couple of days. But I won’t force it. 

    I’ve only been gambling for 3 years.. I was one of the lucky ones to start off hot but have had my shares of slumps. Key is to always walk away either to take a break or you walk away for good.

     
    Jimmy_Cats
    Jimmy_Cats
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2020
    Posts: 2425
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2022 - 6:12 AM ET #10

    I'll lay you 3-1 that you're all gambling within a week.

    Reply

    I'll lay you 3-1 that you're all gambling within a week.

     
    ColinMac
    ColinMac
    Covers Team Icon Covers Team
    Joined: Mar, 2020
    Posts: 1944
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2022 - 9:34 AM ET #11

    @GOODCHOICEMAN

    Hope you find the help you're looking for. Here are some useful resources for overcoming gambling problems. Be safe. peace_5

     

    USA

    National Council on Problem Gaming (NCPG)
    https://www.ncpgambling.org/Purpose: To serve as the national advocate for programs and services to assist problem gamblers and their families.

    National Center for Responsible Gaming (NCRG)
    https://www.icrg.org/The National Center for Responsible Gaming is the only national organization exclusively devoted to funding research that helps increase understanding of gambling disorder and youth gambling and find effective methods of treatment for the disorder.

    Gamblers Anonymous
    https://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other so that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from a gambling problem.

    Gambling Therapy
    https://www.gamblingtherapy.org/Gambling Therapy is a global service offering free practical advice and emotional support to anyone affected by problem gambling.

    Self Exclusion
    Self exclusion is a way to press pause if you feel like you need a break from gambling as you will ban yourself from casinos, gaming properties, and online gaming apps. Self-exclusion programs are run on a state-by-state basis and can usually be found on a state government’s website.

     

    Canada

    Gamblers Anonymous
    https://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other so that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from a gambling problem.

    Canadian Partnership for Responsible Gaming
    http://www.cprg.ca/The Canadian Partnership for Responsible Gambling is a collaboration of non-profit organizations, gaming providers, research centres and regulators working to find and promote effective ways to reduce the risk of problem gambling.

    Responsible Gambling Council (RGC)
    https://www.responsiblegambling.org/The Responsible Gambling Council (RGC) is an independent non-profit organization dedicated to problem gambling prevention.

    Self Exclusion
    Self exclusion is a way to press pause if you feel like you need a break from gambling as you will ban yourself from casinos, gaming properties, and online gaming apps. Self-exclusion programs are run on a province-by-province basis and can usually be found on a provincial government’s website.

     

    UK


    BeGambleAware
    https://www.begambleaware.org/BeGambleAware provides information to help people make informed decisions about their gambling. Find out more about gambling and what safer gambling means, understand and recognise problem gambling, and find out where to go for further information, help and support should you need it.

    Gambling Therapy
    https://www.gamblingtherapy.org/enGambling Therapy is a global service offering free practical advice and emotional support to anyone affected by problem gambling.

    Gamblers Anonymous
    https://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other so that they may solve their common problem and help others to do the same.

    GamCare
    https://www.gamcare.org.uk/GamCare is the leading national provider of information, advice, support and free treatment for anyone affected by problem gambling. Their expert services are confidential and non-judgemental.

    GamStop (Self Exclusion)
    https://www.gamstop.co.uk/You will be prevented from using gambling websites and apps run by companies licensed in Great Britain, for a period of your choosing. This is a UK Self Exclusion tool.

    Reply

    @GOODCHOICEMAN

    Hope you find the help you're looking for. Here are some useful resources for overcoming gambling problems. Be safe. peace_5

     

    USA

    National Council on Problem Gaming (NCPG)
    https://www.ncpgambling.org/Purpose: To serve as the national advocate for programs and services to assist problem gamblers and their families.

    National Center for Responsible Gaming (NCRG)
    https://www.icrg.org/The National Center for Responsible Gaming is the only national organization exclusively devoted to funding research that helps increase understanding of gambling disorder and youth gambling and find effective methods of treatment for the disorder.

    Gamblers Anonymous
    https://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other so that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from a gambling problem.

    Gambling Therapy
    https://www.gamblingtherapy.org/Gambling Therapy is a global service offering free practical advice and emotional support to anyone affected by problem gambling.

    Self Exclusion
    Self exclusion is a way to press pause if you feel like you need a break from gambling as you will ban yourself from casinos, gaming properties, and online gaming apps. Self-exclusion programs are run on a state-by-state basis and can usually be found on a state government’s website.

     

    Canada

    Gamblers Anonymous
    https://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other so that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from a gambling problem.

    Canadian Partnership for Responsible Gaming
    http://www.cprg.ca/The Canadian Partnership for Responsible Gambling is a collaboration of non-profit organizations, gaming providers, research centres and regulators working to find and promote effective ways to reduce the risk of problem gambling.

    Responsible Gambling Council (RGC)
    https://www.responsiblegambling.org/The Responsible Gambling Council (RGC) is an independent non-profit organization dedicated to problem gambling prevention.

    Self Exclusion
    Self exclusion is a way to press pause if you feel like you need a break from gambling as you will ban yourself from casinos, gaming properties, and online gaming apps. Self-exclusion programs are run on a province-by-province basis and can usually be found on a provincial government’s website.

     

    UK


    BeGambleAware
    https://www.begambleaware.org/BeGambleAware provides information to help people make informed decisions about their gambling. Find out more about gambling and what safer gambling means, understand and recognise problem gambling, and find out where to go for further information, help and support should you need it.

    Gambling Therapy
    https://www.gamblingtherapy.org/enGambling Therapy is a global service offering free practical advice and emotional support to anyone affected by problem gambling.

    Gamblers Anonymous
    https://www.gamblersanonymous.org.uk/Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other so that they may solve their common problem and help others to do the same.

    GamCare
    https://www.gamcare.org.uk/GamCare is the leading national provider of information, advice, support and free treatment for anyone affected by problem gambling. Their expert services are confidential and non-judgemental.

    GamStop (Self Exclusion)
    https://www.gamstop.co.uk/You will be prevented from using gambling websites and apps run by companies licensed in Great Britain, for a period of your choosing. This is a UK Self Exclusion tool.

     
    StraightWagers
    StraightWagers
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2012
    Posts: 19420
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2022 - 11:11 AM ET #12

    The beautiful thing about life is everyday is an opportunity to change it all around. You’re in control, make good decisions. Come back and post in a year how it’s going, you’ll be amazed at how good life is without gambling, the world is a big place with lots of good opportunities. Best of luck!

    undertaker
    Reply

    The beautiful thing about life is everyday is an opportunity to change it all around. You’re in control, make good decisions. Come back and post in a year how it’s going, you’ll be amazed at how good life is without gambling, the world is a big place with lots of good opportunities. Best of luck!

     
    MIZARD
    MIZARD
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2019
    Posts: 7940
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2022 - 12:56 PM ET #13

    good choice man...

    Reply

    good choice man...

     
    Greengrass
    Greengrass
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2008
    Posts: 5371
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2022 - 1:22 PM ET #14

    Yeah…I feel ya.  The amount of energy and concentration needed to keep up with the NBA is definitely not worth it. Hell I’ve been sitting on a three million dollar opportunity trying to figure out if Embiid is playing or not…stupid. Lol…BOL.

     

    an_popcorn

    Reply

    Yeah…I feel ya.  The amount of energy and concentration needed to keep up with the NBA is definitely not worth it. Hell I’ve been sitting on a three million dollar opportunity trying to figure out if Embiid is playing or not…stupid. Lol…BOL.

     

    an_popcorn

     
    Realamerican1
    Realamerican1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2016
    Posts: 30
    Posted: Apr. 4, 2022 - 7:34 PM ET #15

    So who you guys got for the games tn?

    Reply

    So who you guys got for the games tn?

     
    Seymourbukz
    Seymourbukz
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2020
    Posts: 4146
    Posted: Apr. 5, 2022 - 1:48 AM ET #16

    Pay up before you quit 

    @cm2bm
    Reply

    Pay up before you quit 

     
    buffer
    buffer
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 7156
    Posted: Apr. 5, 2022 - 11:38 AM ET #17

    Agree 100%! Sports gambling is the worst of all addictions b/c it’s the only addiction that can reward you with money unlike alcohol drugs food etc. I’m very afraid of what our society will be like in the near future by all these states legalizing sports gambling and what it has done to my life in the last 30 years. Even 100% bonuses couldn’t make it profitable for me over the years. I would never recommend it for anyone who just started. Thing about it I would never play a scratch off ticket or alot machine or a table game. It’s only sports gambling that chews me up and spits me out. 

    “The average erect gorilla penis is 3cm (1.25 inches) long”
    Reply

    Agree 100%! Sports gambling is the worst of all addictions b/c it’s the only addiction that can reward you with money unlike alcohol drugs food etc. I’m very afraid of what our society will be like in the near future by all these states legalizing sports gambling and what it has done to my life in the last 30 years. Even 100% bonuses couldn’t make it profitable for me over the years. I would never recommend it for anyone who just started. Thing about it I would never play a scratch off ticket or alot machine or a table game. It’s only sports gambling that chews me up and spits me out. 

     
    BIGFARGO762
    BIGFARGO762
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2022
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Apr. 5, 2022 - 1:53 PM ET #18

    @buffer

     I swear bro

    Reply

    @buffer

     I swear bro

     
    RayRayK
    RayRayK
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 12954
    Posted: Apr. 5, 2022 - 2:21 PM ET #19

    peace_5

    Reply

    peace_5

     
    PizzaBoyRick
    PizzaBoyRick
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2007
    Posts: 1571
    Posted: Apr. 5, 2022 - 2:37 PM ET #20

    Very awesome post! I have also hit rock bottom and trying to work my way out. It's kinda weird, like when I lose its like take that you stupid bastard! You deserve what you get! Kinda enjoyable in a really screwed up way...

    Reply

    Very awesome post! I have also hit rock bottom and trying to work my way out. It's kinda weird, like when I lose its like take that you stupid bastard! You deserve what you get! Kinda enjoyable in a really screwed up way...

     
    stinkroach
    stinkroach
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2021
    Posts: 2874
    Posted: Apr. 5, 2022 - 3:17 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass:

    Yeah…I feel ya.  The amount of energy and concentration needed to keep up with the NBA is definitely not worth it. Hell I’ve been sitting on a three million dollar opportunity trying to figure out if Embiid is playing or not…stupid. Lol…BOL.

    Im also very guilty of this.  Noodling over bets when I should be working on biz projects 1000-10,000x larger.  Wife thinks Im a total idiot lol.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass:

    Yeah…I feel ya.  The amount of energy and concentration needed to keep up with the NBA is definitely not worth it. Hell I’ve been sitting on a three million dollar opportunity trying to figure out if Embiid is playing or not…stupid. Lol…BOL.

    Im also very guilty of this.  Noodling over bets when I should be working on biz projects 1000-10,000x larger.  Wife thinks Im a total idiot lol.

     
    buffer
    buffer
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2015
    Posts: 7156
    Posted: Apr. 5, 2022 - 4:03 PM ET #22

    Yardman wanted to increase my weekly yard maintenance from $50 to $60 and I started bitching at him meanwhile I’m losing dimes on games! What’s wrong with you my wife asked! 

    “The average erect gorilla penis is 3cm (1.25 inches) long”
    Reply

    Yardman wanted to increase my weekly yard maintenance from $50 to $60 and I started bitching at him meanwhile I’m losing dimes on games! What’s wrong with you my wife asked! 

     
    Raider4life22
    Raider4life22
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2020
    Posts: 4252
    Posted: Apr. 5, 2022 - 4:16 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by buffer:

    Yardman wanted to increase my weekly yard maintenance from $50 to $60 and I started bitching at him meanwhile I’m losing dimes on games! What’s wrong with you my wife asked!
    so true lol. Will lose 500 on a game and think nothing of it but I'll buy the cheaper vodka because hey it's 10 dollars cheaper lol. Or no way I'm paying 20 bucks for that small ass bag of jerky lol. Funny how that works lol.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by buffer:

    Yardman wanted to increase my weekly yard maintenance from $50 to $60 and I started bitching at him meanwhile I’m losing dimes on games! What’s wrong with you my wife asked!
    so true lol. Will lose 500 on a game and think nothing of it but I'll buy the cheaper vodka because hey it's 10 dollars cheaper lol. Or no way I'm paying 20 bucks for that small ass bag of jerky lol. Funny how that works lol.

     
    monkeymark5
    monkeymark5
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2006
    Posts: 3569
    Posted: Apr. 5, 2022 - 5:56 PM ET #24

    Good words here guys 

    Positive Thinking Movement
    Reply

    Good words here guys 

     
     
    Mikesnchz
    Mikesnchz
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2022
    Posts: 39
    Posted: Apr. 5, 2022 - 6:52 PM ET #25

    @GOODCHOICEMAN

     Just signed up 5 minutes ago to say that I relate to what everything you said.  Congratulations on moving on . I been betting over 15 years win some loose some..no problem. .. 3 times have I ever gotten in trouble betting and that's having a BOOKIE.. I go to Lake Tahoe n place bets 5 or 6 times a year and it's fun.. but when I was able to find a local.. I spiral out of control.. as not worth the stress, being upset .. 1st time I see someone post something like this.. 

    Reply

    @GOODCHOICEMAN

     Just signed up 5 minutes ago to say that I relate to what everything you said.  Congratulations on moving on . I been betting over 15 years win some loose some..no problem. .. 3 times have I ever gotten in trouble betting and that's having a BOOKIE.. I go to Lake Tahoe n place bets 5 or 6 times a year and it's fun.. but when I was able to find a local.. I spiral out of control.. as not worth the stress, being upset .. 1st time I see someone post something like this.. 

    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,818
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 436
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,578
    • MLB Playoffs 16,083
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,101
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,367
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,224
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331
    • HarDix's Big Bet................. 5,500

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.