• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Congress Is Going to Examine Fantasy Sports & Gambling

    12 Next Last»
    LeRinkRat
    TheGoldenGoose
    BWS77
    vanzack
    InternetTuffGuy
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2108
    Posts: 31
    12 Next Last»
     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2015 - 5:51 PM ET #1

    https://thebiglead.com/2015/09/14/congress-is-going-to-examine-fantasy-sports-gambling/

    Democratic congressman Frank Pallone Jr. has requested that a Congressional committee take a look at the connection between fantasy sports and gambling (surprised it's NOT some Blue Nose, Jesus Freek Republican)

    “Fans are currently allowed to risk money on the performance of an individual player. How is that different than wagering money on the outcome of a game?”

    the bottom line is that IF ONE is legal, so should be the OTHER. time for the good old US of A to join almost ALL the REST of the world and legalize sports betting nation wide 
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    https://thebiglead.com/2015/09/14/congress-is-going-to-examine-fantasy-sports-gambling/

    Democratic congressman Frank Pallone Jr. has requested that a Congressional committee take a look at the connection between fantasy sports and gambling (surprised it's NOT some Blue Nose, Jesus Freek Republican)

    “Fans are currently allowed to risk money on the performance of an individual player. How is that different than wagering money on the outcome of a game?”

    the bottom line is that IF ONE is legal, so should be the OTHER. time for the good old US of A to join almost ALL the REST of the world and legalize sports betting nation wide 
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2015 - 7:44 PM ET #2


    Jr will soon be swimming with the fishes.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Jr will soon be swimming with the fishes.
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2015 - 7:52 PM ET #3

    If it gets rid of the thousands of stupid draftkings and fanduel commercials I'm all for banning it
    Reply
    If it gets rid of the thousands of stupid draftkings and fanduel commercials I'm all for banning it
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2015 - 8:42 PM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    If it gets rid of the thousands of stupid draftkings and fanduel commercials I'm all for banning it


    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    If it gets rid of the thousands of stupid draftkings and fanduel commercials I'm all for banning it


     
    InternetTuffGuy
    InternetTuffGuy
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2004
    Posts: 29599
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2015 - 9:14 PM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    If it gets rid of the thousands of stupid draftkings and fanduel commercials I'm all for banning it

    AMEN
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    If it gets rid of the thousands of stupid draftkings and fanduel commercials I'm all for banning it

    AMEN
     
    Killer_B
    Killer_B
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 6291
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2015 - 10:19 PM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:



    \


    "Real people, not actors" (gee thanks, I thought they were robots).

    The real bad thing is I'm in Arizona, which does not allow me to play anyway, but I have to endure these "real people" 50 times a game...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:



    \


    "Real people, not actors" (gee thanks, I thought they were robots).

    The real bad thing is I'm in Arizona, which does not allow me to play anyway, but I have to endure these "real people" 50 times a game...
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Sep. 14, 2015 - 10:34 PM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_B:

    \


    "Real people, not actors" (gee thanks, I thought they were robots).

    The real bad thing is I'm in Arizona, which does not allow me to play anyway, but I have to endure these "real people" 50 times a game...

    It's not just the commercials....  the local post game shows here even had full segments on Draftkings results which was basically a 5 minute commercial, and every talk radio show is sponsored by them.  It's beyond ridiculous.   
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_B:

    \


    "Real people, not actors" (gee thanks, I thought they were robots).

    The real bad thing is I'm in Arizona, which does not allow me to play anyway, but I have to endure these "real people" 50 times a game...

    It's not just the commercials....  the local post game shows here even had full segments on Draftkings results which was basically a 5 minute commercial, and every talk radio show is sponsored by them.  It's beyond ridiculous.   
     
    olinz
    olinz
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 534
    Posted: Sep. 22, 2015 - 10:56 PM ET #8

    I hear ya. If draft kings are legal, fanduel legal, then betting on a game should be legal. I am so sick to death of these idiotic politicians trying to run our lives (and I, too, am sick of all the draft kings commercials :-)
    Reply
    I hear ya. If draft kings are legal, fanduel legal, then betting on a game should be legal. I am so sick to death of these idiotic politicians trying to run our lives (and I, too, am sick of all the draft kings commercials :-)
     
    LVOptiontrader
    LVOptiontrader
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 289
    Posted: Sep. 23, 2015 - 4:04 AM ET #9

    Nothing will happen and they will remain legal while sports betting remains illegal in most states. The Senators just need their cut a la political do for 2016 elections. 
    Reply
    Nothing will happen and they will remain legal while sports betting remains illegal in most states. The Senators just need their cut a la political do for 2016 elections. 
     
    LVOptiontrader
    LVOptiontrader
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 289
    Posted: Sep. 23, 2015 - 4:06 AM ET #10

    * political donations for 2016 elections. 
    Sorry damn IPad changing my comments. 
    Reply
    * political donations for 2016 elections. 
    Sorry damn IPad changing my comments. 
     
    MaineRoad
    MaineRoad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 12254
    Posted: Sep. 23, 2015 - 2:31 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by LeRinkRat:

    https://thebiglead.com/2015/09/14/congress-is-going-to-examine-fantasy-sports-gambling/

    Democratic congressman Frank Pallone Jr. has requested that a Congressional committee take a look at the connection between fantasy sports and gambling (surprised it's NOT some Blue Nose, Jesus Freek Republican)




    Let me see, can you think of any reason, ANY reason at all, why Frank Pallone, Jr. from New Jersey (no, um, Blue Nose, Jesus Freak, Republican, he )  might have just the slightest interest in seeing LEGAL sports wagering put out of business? 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRinkRat:

    https://thebiglead.com/2015/09/14/congress-is-going-to-examine-fantasy-sports-gambling/

    Democratic congressman Frank Pallone Jr. has requested that a Congressional committee take a look at the connection between fantasy sports and gambling (surprised it's NOT some Blue Nose, Jesus Freek Republican)




    Let me see, can you think of any reason, ANY reason at all, why Frank Pallone, Jr. from New Jersey (no, um, Blue Nose, Jesus Freak, Republican, he )  might have just the slightest interest in seeing LEGAL sports wagering put out of business? 
     
    Goggles-Pisano
    Goggles-Pisano
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 2693
    Posted: Sep. 23, 2015 - 2:33 PM ET #12

    Palone is from new jersey, maybe this is yet another tactic to overturn sports wagering 

    BTW why can't we wager on individual players yards, td's, etc? 
    Reply
    Palone is from new jersey, maybe this is yet another tactic to overturn sports wagering 

    BTW why can't we wager on individual players yards, td's, etc? 
     
    MaineRoad
    MaineRoad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 12254
    Posted: Sep. 23, 2015 - 2:39 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Goggles-Pisano:

    Palone is from new jersey, maybe this is yet another tactic to overturn sports wagering 

    BTW why can't we wager on individual players yards, td's, etc? 


    Because if people can get their fix just wagering on individual players yards, td's, etc., there will be less "need" for the services more typically provided by certain other denizens of the Garden State - both legally in  AC (though no sports, of course) and illegally by, well, guys with names like Frank(ie) Pallone. 

    I read that Draft Kings and Fan Duel have combined to spend $500M in advertising so far this year.  I swear I must have seen $437M of it. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Goggles-Pisano:

    Palone is from new jersey, maybe this is yet another tactic to overturn sports wagering 

    BTW why can't we wager on individual players yards, td's, etc? 


    Because if people can get their fix just wagering on individual players yards, td's, etc., there will be less "need" for the services more typically provided by certain other denizens of the Garden State - both legally in  AC (though no sports, of course) and illegally by, well, guys with names like Frank(ie) Pallone. 

    I read that Draft Kings and Fan Duel have combined to spend $500M in advertising so far this year.  I swear I must have seen $437M of it. 
     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Sep. 23, 2015 - 3:32 PM ET #14

    The NCAA now says they will strip any student athlete 1 year of eligibility if caught playing daily fantasy
    Reply
    The NCAA now says they will strip any student athlete 1 year of eligibility if caught playing daily fantasy
     
    Bluefin
    Bluefin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 8485
    Posted: Sep. 23, 2015 - 4:15 PM ET #15

    Its so fixed its stupid anyway worse than computer blackjack.
    Reply
    Its so fixed its stupid anyway worse than computer blackjack.
     
    canovsp
    canovsp
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 5755
    Posted: Sep. 23, 2015 - 5:54 PM ET #16

    I've been thinking the same thing. I do Draft Kings and have fun doing it. I also have a local so I can bet on games but I would like to have other options as far as shopping for spreads, totals, etc.

    The only thing I can think of, and correct me if I'm wrong, is Draft Kings and Fan Duel doesn't actually make money or add juice to the wagers.
    Reply
    I've been thinking the same thing. I do Draft Kings and have fun doing it. I also have a local so I can bet on games but I would like to have other options as far as shopping for spreads, totals, etc.

    The only thing I can think of, and correct me if I'm wrong, is Draft Kings and Fan Duel doesn't actually make money or add juice to the wagers.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Sep. 23, 2015 - 6:17 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by canovsp:

    I've been thinking the same thing. I do Draft Kings and have fun doing it. I also have a local so I can bet on games but I would like to have other options as far as shopping for spreads, totals, etc.

    The only thing I can think of, and correct me if I'm wrong, is Draft Kings and Fan Duel doesn't actually make money or add juice to the wagers.

    DraftKings and FanDuel have enormous rakes.

    Look closer at their "contests".  A typical one is where there are 11 entrants, but they only pay out the value of 10.

    Or if there is a 2 person contest, each puts in 106 bucks and the winner gets 200.  That is wagering 106 to win 94.

    Really bad rake going on at both places.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by canovsp:

    I've been thinking the same thing. I do Draft Kings and have fun doing it. I also have a local so I can bet on games but I would like to have other options as far as shopping for spreads, totals, etc.

    The only thing I can think of, and correct me if I'm wrong, is Draft Kings and Fan Duel doesn't actually make money or add juice to the wagers.

    DraftKings and FanDuel have enormous rakes.

    Look closer at their "contests".  A typical one is where there are 11 entrants, but they only pay out the value of 10.

    Or if there is a 2 person contest, each puts in 106 bucks and the winner gets 200.  That is wagering 106 to win 94.

    Really bad rake going on at both places.

     
    BWS77
    BWS77
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 35351
    Posted: Sep. 23, 2015 - 7:06 PM ET #18

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:


    DraftKings and FanDuel have enormous rakes.

    Look closer at their "contests".  A typical one is where there are 11 entrants, but they only pay out the value of 10.

    Or if there is a 2 person contest, each puts in 106 bucks and the winner gets 200.  That is wagering 106 to win 94.

    Really bad rake going on at both places.


    I signed up for DraftDay back in the beginning of baseball season.  They are newer and don't have any of the big contests like the other two who I shall not name because I'm sick of their constant commercials.  I started out losing most of what I put in but once college football started I more than doubled my original investment because they were not very sharp on their values.   I got Baker Mayfield the first 2 weeks at their minimum of $6500 and a few other big time players were the same.  They finally caught on this past week, but I got a good run out of it while it lasted.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:


    DraftKings and FanDuel have enormous rakes.

    Look closer at their "contests".  A typical one is where there are 11 entrants, but they only pay out the value of 10.

    Or if there is a 2 person contest, each puts in 106 bucks and the winner gets 200.  That is wagering 106 to win 94.

    Really bad rake going on at both places.


    I signed up for DraftDay back in the beginning of baseball season.  They are newer and don't have any of the big contests like the other two who I shall not name because I'm sick of their constant commercials.  I started out losing most of what I put in but once college football started I more than doubled my original investment because they were not very sharp on their values.   I got Baker Mayfield the first 2 weeks at their minimum of $6500 and a few other big time players were the same.  They finally caught on this past week, but I got a good run out of it while it lasted.
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2015 - 12:43 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    If it gets rid of the thousands of stupid draftkings and fanduel commercials I'm all for banning it
    They advertise constantly here & this is one of the three states it isn't even legal in.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BWS77:

    If it gets rid of the thousands of stupid draftkings and fanduel commercials I'm all for banning it
    They advertise constantly here & this is one of the three states it isn't even legal in.
     
    Ed-Collins
    Ed-Collins
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 1634
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2015 - 2:51 AM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:


    DraftKings and FanDuel have enormous rakes.

    Look closer at their "contests".  A typical one is where there are 11 entrants, but they only pay out the value of 10.

    Or if there is a 2 person contest, each puts in 106 bucks and the winner gets 200.  That is wagering 106 to win 94.

    Really bad rake going on at both places.



    Not just DraftKings and FanDuel.  Yahoo is guilty of terrible rakes too, and in some cases, it's even worse than the example you gave.

    This is the first year for Yahoo, for their Daily Fantasy Contests.  I took a look at it in some detail this past weekend.

    There's all sorts of contests.  Some of the contests have very large prizes, which requires you to finish in the top 10% of so of the field.  Their Million Dollar Baller for example, is guaranteed to pay out a million dollars, with $100,000 going to 1st place.  The top 28,495 players will share the remaining money.  $60,000 to 2nd, $25,000 to 3rd, and so on, all the way down to $15.00.  This contest costs $10 to enter.

    And then there are lots of the "Double Ups."  With these contests you only have to finish in about the top half of the field.  If you do so you double your money.

    For example, I'm looking at one Double Up contest now, that is limited to 113 players, for a $10 entry fee.  The top 50 entries will all double their money.  50/113 = 44.24%, so you have to finish in the top 44% to cash.  (Whether you're at position 1 or position 44, it makes no difference.)

    There are also Quadruple Up contests, where you essentially win 3 times what you bet.  (You get back 4 times, but it's only a win of 3 to 1.  3 TO 1 or 4 FOR 1.)  One such contest is limited to 2,840 players, and the 625 players will all share the prize pool equally.  (In the top 22% to cash.)

    There's also head to head contests, where you are just competing against one other person. 

    Anyway, you get the idea... lots of choices of contests.  And as you might expect, there are entry fees ranging from as low as $1.00 to as high as $1,050, for all of these different contests.



    The house edge?  Very high, for most all of them.  A few contest examples:

    Max entrants of 1,704, $10 entry fee.  House collects $17,040 with a total prize fund of $15,000.  House edge = 11.972%

    Max entrants of 444, $50 entry fee.  House collects $22,200 with a total prize fund of $20,000.  House edge = 9.910%

    Max entrants of 200, $109 entry fee.  House collects $21,800 with a total prize fund of $20,000.  House edge = 8.257%

    Max entrants of 40, $530 entry fee.  House collects $21,200 with a total prize fund of $20,000.  House edge = 5.660%

    Max entrants of 20, $1,050 entry fee.  House collects $21,000 with a total prize fund of $20,000.  House edge = 4.762%

    At least the house edge does go down as the entry fee increases.  And with a $1,050 entry fee(!) at least now it's in the range of our familiar 11 to win 10.  (Recall the house edge on an 11 to win 10 straight wager is 4.545%)

    There was one contest that had a PLAYER edge.  (An overlay!)  It was the Million Dollar Baller I mentioned earlier.  This contest was guaranteed to run and yet didn't fill up.  Only 77,788 players joined, at $10 each.  Since the prizes returned totaled a million bucks, and since it only generated $777880 in prizes, this created an overlay and a PLAYER edge this past weekend of 28.555%.  This is huge, of course.  I'm anxious to see if that continues.

    I really don't understand why books have to be so greedy.  11.972% house edge?  Seriously? 

    Of course, the average player has no idea about this or how terrible that is for them.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:


    DraftKings and FanDuel have enormous rakes.

    Look closer at their "contests".  A typical one is where there are 11 entrants, but they only pay out the value of 10.

    Or if there is a 2 person contest, each puts in 106 bucks and the winner gets 200.  That is wagering 106 to win 94.

    Really bad rake going on at both places.



    Not just DraftKings and FanDuel.  Yahoo is guilty of terrible rakes too, and in some cases, it's even worse than the example you gave.

    This is the first year for Yahoo, for their Daily Fantasy Contests.  I took a look at it in some detail this past weekend.

    There's all sorts of contests.  Some of the contests have very large prizes, which requires you to finish in the top 10% of so of the field.  Their Million Dollar Baller for example, is guaranteed to pay out a million dollars, with $100,000 going to 1st place.  The top 28,495 players will share the remaining money.  $60,000 to 2nd, $25,000 to 3rd, and so on, all the way down to $15.00.  This contest costs $10 to enter.

    And then there are lots of the "Double Ups."  With these contests you only have to finish in about the top half of the field.  If you do so you double your money.

    For example, I'm looking at one Double Up contest now, that is limited to 113 players, for a $10 entry fee.  The top 50 entries will all double their money.  50/113 = 44.24%, so you have to finish in the top 44% to cash.  (Whether you're at position 1 or position 44, it makes no difference.)

    There are also Quadruple Up contests, where you essentially win 3 times what you bet.  (You get back 4 times, but it's only a win of 3 to 1.  3 TO 1 or 4 FOR 1.)  One such contest is limited to 2,840 players, and the 625 players will all share the prize pool equally.  (In the top 22% to cash.)

    There's also head to head contests, where you are just competing against one other person. 

    Anyway, you get the idea... lots of choices of contests.  And as you might expect, there are entry fees ranging from as low as $1.00 to as high as $1,050, for all of these different contests.



    The house edge?  Very high, for most all of them.  A few contest examples:

    Max entrants of 1,704, $10 entry fee.  House collects $17,040 with a total prize fund of $15,000.  House edge = 11.972%

    Max entrants of 444, $50 entry fee.  House collects $22,200 with a total prize fund of $20,000.  House edge = 9.910%

    Max entrants of 200, $109 entry fee.  House collects $21,800 with a total prize fund of $20,000.  House edge = 8.257%

    Max entrants of 40, $530 entry fee.  House collects $21,200 with a total prize fund of $20,000.  House edge = 5.660%

    Max entrants of 20, $1,050 entry fee.  House collects $21,000 with a total prize fund of $20,000.  House edge = 4.762%

    At least the house edge does go down as the entry fee increases.  And with a $1,050 entry fee(!) at least now it's in the range of our familiar 11 to win 10.  (Recall the house edge on an 11 to win 10 straight wager is 4.545%)

    There was one contest that had a PLAYER edge.  (An overlay!)  It was the Million Dollar Baller I mentioned earlier.  This contest was guaranteed to run and yet didn't fill up.  Only 77,788 players joined, at $10 each.  Since the prizes returned totaled a million bucks, and since it only generated $777880 in prizes, this created an overlay and a PLAYER edge this past weekend of 28.555%.  This is huge, of course.  I'm anxious to see if that continues.

    I really don't understand why books have to be so greedy.  11.972% house edge?  Seriously? 

    Of course, the average player has no idea about this or how terrible that is for them.
     
    canovsp
    canovsp
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 5755
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2015 - 12:35 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:


    DraftKings and FanDuel have enormous rakes.

    Look closer at their "contests".  A typical one is where there are 11 entrants, but they only pay out the value of 10.

    Or if there is a 2 person contest, each puts in 106 bucks and the winner gets 200.  That is wagering 106 to win 94.

    Really bad rake going on at both places.



    Then I have no idea why Draft Kings/Fan Duel is legal and betting on games isn't.

    I know a lot of people are complaining about the constant ads they run but they may be the catalyst for legalized sports betting nationwide.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:


    DraftKings and FanDuel have enormous rakes.

    Look closer at their "contests".  A typical one is where there are 11 entrants, but they only pay out the value of 10.

    Or if there is a 2 person contest, each puts in 106 bucks and the winner gets 200.  That is wagering 106 to win 94.

    Really bad rake going on at both places.



    Then I have no idea why Draft Kings/Fan Duel is legal and betting on games isn't.

    I know a lot of people are complaining about the constant ads they run but they may be the catalyst for legalized sports betting nationwide.
     
    canovsp
    canovsp
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 5755
    Posted: Sep. 24, 2015 - 12:38 PM ET #22

    BTW:

    I WON TEN BUCKS LAST NIGHT!


    Reply
    BTW:

    I WON TEN BUCKS LAST NIGHT!


     
    Pendo
    Pendo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 3644
    Posted: Sep. 25, 2015 - 1:41 AM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by canovsp:

    BTW:

    I WON TEN BUCKS LAST NIGHT!




    Cano, Robinson Crusoe you''ll be
    if you can ever put your hands on it
    — just go try and collect it — I double dare you !!
    And you thought cashing out of online books was arduous, playah

    Automagically generated "player" with a better-lineup-than-thou.
    CrapKing/Fandoo is a resurrected lottery of yore that US Gov't
    finally got outlawed because too many got gyped by its rigging.
    The $64,000 Question (caught cheating) has morphed in this crud.

    Their ads are crap, but their radio ads are the worst ever heard: Americanjewboy with the most irritating voice with his all too-phoney,
    excessive enthusiasm.

     Heard of guerilla groups out to sabotage GraftKings & FannedPooh,
    down to kickin in and permanent marking up their collateral signage.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by canovsp:

    BTW:

    I WON TEN BUCKS LAST NIGHT!




    Cano, Robinson Crusoe you''ll be
    if you can ever put your hands on it
    — just go try and collect it — I double dare you !!
    And you thought cashing out of online books was arduous, playah

    Automagically generated "player" with a better-lineup-than-thou.
    CrapKing/Fandoo is a resurrected lottery of yore that US Gov't
    finally got outlawed because too many got gyped by its rigging.
    The $64,000 Question (caught cheating) has morphed in this crud.

    Their ads are crap, but their radio ads are the worst ever heard: Americanjewboy with the most irritating voice with his all too-phoney,
    excessive enthusiasm.

     Heard of guerilla groups out to sabotage GraftKings & FannedPooh,
    down to kickin in and permanent marking up their collateral signage.
     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Sep. 26, 2015 - 9:47 AM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by olinz:

    I hear ya. If draft kings are legal, fanduel legal, then betting on a game should be legal. I am so sick to death of these idiotic politicians trying to run our lives (and I, too, am sick of all the draft kings commercials :-)



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by olinz:

    I hear ya. If draft kings are legal, fanduel legal, then betting on a game should be legal. I am so sick to death of these idiotic politicians trying to run our lives (and I, too, am sick of all the draft kings commercials :-)



     
     
    Pendo
    Pendo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 3644
    Posted: Oct. 6, 2015 - 11:30 AM ET #25

    An employee of DraftKings got caught using inside-information
    from the company's datbases about lineups to win another big
    contest on their partner site called FanDuel.
    -Again, he took out the 2nd Place Prize of
     $350,000 into his (and fellow bosses & co-workers' pockets)

    (Taking 2nd Places almost every time because1st Place is to be
    avoided so as to not draw suspicion)
    The information detailed the percentages of entrants who selected certain fantasy players —> so he took the overlooked dudes,
    like Matt Forte
    Reply
    An employee of DraftKings got caught using inside-information
    from the company's datbases about lineups to win another big
    contest on their partner site called FanDuel.
    -Again, he took out the 2nd Place Prize of
     $350,000 into his (and fellow bosses & co-workers' pockets)

    (Taking 2nd Places almost every time because1st Place is to be
    avoided so as to not draw suspicion)
    The information detailed the percentages of entrants who selected certain fantasy players —> so he took the overlooked dudes,
    like Matt Forte
    All Forums | General Discussion
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,357
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 436
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,898
    • PART DEUX 159
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 848
    • Week 6 Money 8,515
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,286
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,263

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.